All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:29 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

It didn't take much to understand that Sirius' family dynamics were quite different than Remus' own, however, this understanding seemed only to have come the second time around hearing it. For a moment Remus felt bad, well aware of the fact that he had almost taken a personal offence when he heard it the first time.
"What possile career could make up for that?" Remus asked, and, while his voice had fallen back into its monotome tone, it was genuinely meant as a joke. Remus had sunk back into his chair, and his hand had restlessly found its way to his bottom lip, distractedly tugging at it. Finally, with an almost ridiculous delay, Remus' lips parted in a toothy grin, effectively disturbing his own fidgeting.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:02 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While it would have been easy to take Remus' comment as an offensive one, Sirius decided to take it as a joke and broke into a broad grin. It did help that Remus also broke into a grin moments later, confirming Sirius' assumption that he had been joking.
"Doctor or lawyer, like any self-respecting Asian parent," he said with a shrug, even if the question had probably been hypothetical. His brother, Regulus, was studying to become a lawyer and his mother loved that, not that Regulus ever could do anything wrong in her eyes. "But now I don't have to worry about that anymore. I can do whatever I want, now that I am making my own money."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:39 pm 

Remus just nodded at that, the gesture more understanding than the joking comment, but with his solemn expression there might have been little to no difference.
"Sounds nice," he admitted. In some other context, Remus would have liked to do the same. There was, sadly, not much he felt like he was particularly qualified to do anything worth a salary that would cover his living expenses. "I'll finish my bachelor in a years time, but despite how much I'd like to be done with school, I'll probably take my masters, too."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:40 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Sirius hummed at that, verily much enjoying his freedom. Sure, he could probably find something he would enjoy studying, but he was really enjoying his work at the garage and he was honestly having a hard time coming up with something he could possible enjoy more than that.
"I admire your dedication, I don't think I have the discipline to sit through more school," he said with a crooked grin, but he honestly meant it. He thought that people who were dedicated to their studies were awesome as hell, because he doubted that he would ever be able to actually do it.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 1:24 pm 

"It's not dedication, it's necessity," Remus corrected, crossing his arms across his chest. He felt himself grow restless, and the gesture was meant as a way to keep his hands still. The comment was, however, earnest. Remus didn't consider him dedicated to anything, not at much as he was under an immense amount of pressure.
Despite being well aware of just how shitty his school years were, and were going to continue being, Remus' voice hadn't fallen fallen back into a spiteful tone. Instead, it remained surprisingly matter of factly. "Sink or swim, you know?"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:06 pm 

Sirius shrugged at that, still finding that it took quite a lot of dedication to actually finish it, but he also knew that some people didn't see it like that; Remus was apparently on of them and Sirius didn't want to press on if that was the case.
"I feel like we swim very differently," he said with a crooked grin. He definitely didn't feel like he was sinking, but he also didn't feel like he was swimming in the way society, and his parents, expected him to. He would never sit through school, that much he knew, but he was doing what he could to become a damn good mechanic. "But ya know, differents folks, different strokes."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:05 pm 

Remus sat silent for a moment, taking a minute to let Sirius' words fully sink in. Remus was sure that Sirius wasn't wrong, but the lack of elaboration didn't invite to any discussion, despite him feeling fairly confident in the fact that they could probably come to a similar definition of what precisely they considered as swimming - or, possibly more fittingly, surviving.
Eventually, Remus let out the air he had been holding for the duration of his considerations; he shifted his position, crossing his arms across his chest as he momentarily glanced at the floor.
"I'd like to continue this back and forth, but can't think of any proverb about doing the dishes," he finally stated, his voice not initially giving away his joking intentions. His eyes found Sirius', and a smile crept back onto his lips. "At least not one that rhymes. But I do think I should get moving."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 2:43 pm 

Sirius couldn't help but laugh at that. It had taken a little while for Sirius to get properly used to Remus' sense of humour, but now that he had, he realised that Remus was actually hilarious. He was enjoying getting to spend some time alone with Remus, seeing as he really wanted to get to know him better. It had been easy enough getting to know James, but Remus was a different case all together. It was going to be a longer process, but Sirius was prepared to work for it.
"I can't say that I can either," Sirius said with a crooked grin, feeling a little bitter about. "Do you want help to do the dishes?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 12:18 pm 

Remus turned his head, looking away from Sirius and towards the kitchen counters. There really wasn't much to clean, he noted, having washed what he could as the chili and rice boiled.
"Don't worry about the pots and pans," he eventually stated. He knew from experience that there was no point in packing the food away while hot anyway. "I'll clean it up once its gone cold. You should wash your own plate, though."
The addition was said pensively, before he once again met Sirius' eye, and this time, there was a smile back onto his lips. "To each his own, after all."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 11:53 am 

Sirius grinned at that, liking the little sayings they had going on. It felt like he was bonding with Remus, which was what he had hoped to achieve. Sirius was a pretty open guy himself after all, so he wanted to get to know that guy he was living with. It might not seem like that big of a deal, but Sirius just really wanted to get closer to Remus.
"You are so right," he said with a crooked grin, as he got up from his chair and went to wash his plate, figuring that he could just as well get started. He liked helping out, especially now that Remus had cooked for him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:32 pm 

Remus smiles at that, genuinely appreciating how quick to action Sirius seemed to be. He was well aware of the fact that there needed to be some sense of coexisting in the shared spaces, but it truly excited Remus not having to walk into a sink filled with dishes the following morning.
He spent a couple of silent moments watching Sirius as he stood by the sink. Really, there wasn't much else to say; Remus had created an ideal situation to exit the kitchen and conversation, but now, faced with the window of opportunity, Remus wasn't certain he wanted to leave.
Eventually, he managed to talk some sense into himself. With a soft exhale, Remus too stood up, leaving his cutlery behind on the table.
"I'm going to go read," he declared softly, pushing the chair he had just left back towards the table. "I'm glad you could join me for dinner, though," Remus added, a soft smile on his lips before disappearing out of the kitchenette and into his room.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:47 pm 

Sirius only hummed at that, a little sad that they weren't going to be hanging out anymore, but he understood that Remus had reading to do and he respected that. It wasn't easy being a college student after all, Sirius only remembered that far too well, so he didn't want to be a distraction to that.
"Glad you wanted me to," he said with a crooked grin and he honestly meant it. It was easier being flatmates if they could do things together, even if it was something simple like sharing a meal. "Have fun with the reading."

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:45 pm 

Remus didn't even consider taking off his boots as he barged into the apartment at around 7pm. In an indelicate movement, he let his book back slide off his shoulders and down to the entrance floor. The scrub shirt stuffed in it muffled the thud of the school books in it. "Anybody here? I need a hand."
Remus had gone straight from class to work and was now wearing a mismatched set of baby blue scrub bottoms and a patterned sweater in an autumnal colour palette. Taking the hallway in a couple of long strides, Remus peered through every open door he came across; Remus was, as always, pleased to find Sirius' door open wide, and the other inside.
"Do you have a minute to help me out?" Remus asked, both his face and voice slightly flushed by how own urgency. "I need a hand carrying a bed frame up here."

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:03 am 

Sirius had just gotten home from work, still covered mostly in oil and grease. His hair was tied up in a messy bun from which several strands had gotten loose, an obvious sign that he had had the bun for the entire day. He turned to look at Remus, who sounded like it was a matter of life or death to get that bed frame upstairs, which made him smile softly.
"Sure, if you give me a sec then I will go wash my hands real quick," he said, flashing his very dirty hands at Remus. He didn't want to make a mess of Remus' bed frame after all, so he went to the washroom to try and get the oil and grease off. He knew that it was nigh impossible to actually get it all off, but he should be able to at least get most of it off, so as to not make too much of a mess.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:03 am 

Remus turned slightly, making way in the door frame as Sirius passed him. He would have argued against the gesture even before Sirius left the room, but he found himself momentarily taken aback by a single speck of oil on Sirius' neck; when the other revealed his oily hands, Remus concluded that the distracting spot must have appeared by something as arbitrary as Sirius scratching his neck.
"No need," Remus called, unnecessarily late. Sirius had already disappeared into the bathroom. "I've found it on the side of the road; There's most certainly worse things on it that some motor oil."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:51 am 

Sirius shook his head at that, even if Remus couldn't see him anymore. Motor oil was a nightmare to get off anything, including skin, so he could at least make sure that it wouldn't be too bad. He didn't want to cause more trouble than he was actually helping.
"I'll be out in a spiffy," he called back, figuring that Remus could wait for at least a little bit.
Once he deemed that his hands were clean enough, he dried them off and went out to join Remus again. It was only then he realised that Remus was wearing a terrible mismatched outfit. He didn't know why, but there was something deeply endearing about the sweater combined with the scrubs. It brought a smile to his lips that he didn't even bother to fight. "Alright, all your's."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 2:10 pm 

Remus had been lingering my Sirius' door, leaning some of his weight against the door frame; as Sirius once again came into sight, he immediately straightened his posture.
With a grin, Remus crossed the distance between them, seeing at Sirius' bedroom was one of the back rooms of the apartment. "Lucky me," he remarked, giving Sirius' shoulder a friendly pat. "Shoes on, I couldn't carry it into the building my self."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2018 10:37 pm 

Sirius grinned at the comment, even if it was probably a bit juvenile. He did really like Remus and to see his flatmate warm up to him pleased him to no end. He quickly put on a pair of shoes, knowing that it probably wasn't a rush, but he still wanted to be as effective in helping Remus as possible.
"You are very lucky, yes," he said with a crooked grin, not feeling bad about being a little cheeky. Remus should know him at least a little bit by now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am 

Remus' attention had been preoccupied by adding his house keys to the key chain containing the keys for work, that was currently clipped to the waistband of his trousers. Sirius' comment briefly made Remus' eyes flicker upwards, but the man never turned his head, making the grin that appeared to his eyes as he once again deflected the gaze that more teasing.
"Sure, let's go with that," he chuckled out as he straightened his posture, turning towards the door he had left ajar to leave the apartment. "If I'm really lucky the bed frame might still be there and all."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2018 12:09 am 

Sirius snorted at that, not really fearing that Remus didn't actually want his company or didn't at least somewhat enjoyed having him around. It was pretty difficult to read Remus, but Sirius did feel like he was getting a hang on it. It had been easy for him to become good friends with James, but he wanted to bond with his other flatmate as well, it only made sense.
"That would be an extraordinary amount of luck for one day, don't ya think?" He asked with a crooked grin, hoping that Remus wouldn't mind the slight teasing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 453 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next