All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:01 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

S-74 sighs as she cleans up the mess in the kitchen. Doing her best to keep her simple brown dress clean. her other side decided to take control for a bit. just long enough to make a mess of the place it seemed. " Why?? must you do this why?" she says softly to herself. not understanding the other side of herself and what made her do such things. really did she had to mix up her ingredients so she added baking powder instead of soda to the desert she was trying to cook for their master. now she feared he wouldn't have anything since she was to busy cleaning up the mess.

Looking around a little when she finished. she sighs and pushes some of her long hair behind her ear. the mess was cleaned up....for now. she needed to check in with her master soon to see what he needed done if anything. At least he didn't see the mess or at least she hoped he didn't. what would he think should he have seen it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 9:25 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

Patrolling the manor impatiently, Kagan ducked his head into rooms as he passed them. Master Tannow would be arriving soon, and if anything was out of order, the whole house would suffer for it. He passed the cleaning staff, checked in with other guards, and found himself in the kitchens.

What had happened!? The rest of the meal was clearly prepared, both the dining room meal for Master Tannow and the servants' dinner were set up to go - but that elf girl was standing beside what looked like the exploded remains of dessert. "What the hell happened!?" The orc's initial outcry was angry, but he immediately dropped to his knees and started trying to wipe the stuff off of the floor.

"Tannow's due any minute, you work on a new dessert while I get this clean!"

At the edge of the manor, Lukin Tannow alighted from his horse and began to walk towards the front doors. The king had wasted his whole day with partying and games. If Tannow was ever in charge, the kingdom would run a lot less frivolously.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:10 pm 

S-74 would jump a little when she heard Kagan. looking over to him she frown. " somehow the baking soda and powder got mixed up." seeing him go about cleaning she would smile to him grateful. " thank you so much. " quickly running around a bit getting things together to make a simple desert. " is everything else ready for our masters return? " she asks glancing to him.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2017 11:33 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

" 'Our master'," Kagan repeated distastefully, "is likely at the door. Other than the kitchen, the house is clean and ready. The staff are assembled to greet Tannow when he comes in, and if his time at court went well, we will probably avoid any trouble. If it went badly, though..." Kagan frowned. "You house slaves have it easy. As hard as it is to be punished, it's harder to punish your friends at your enemy's command. That's my job sometimes." Hos eyes briefly flickered over the elf, then went back to the floor.

"Right, that's clean. Now hurry, I have to greet Tannow the moment the door opens." Kagan was up and off in a second.

As the heavy, dark doors to the estate opened, Tannow's green eyes seemed to drink in the sight before him. His home, his retreat away from the stupidity of the kingdom's politics. Not that he would ever want to leave the game of government, but he could only handle the trivialities inherent to it with frequent respite.

There were his slaves, as much a sign of his wealth as the manor they were kept in. Many humans, a few orcs, even an elf or two. Because he could afford them. Because that was what he had worked for. But how much better things would be if...

An idea came to him. Not for the first time. But now...

Tannow's thoughts were interrupted by Kagan, who stepped forward and respectfully bowed his head to him. "Master Tannow, we are delighted to see you. Dinner is ready in the dining hall, and we await only your command."

"I'll take it in the study tonight, thank you. Have someone bring it up to me." Tannow handed his coat to the orc. "Be prompt."

Kagan ran back to find S-74, hoping she had dessert finished. "Change of plans, he wants to eat in his study upstairs. I'll bring the dishes from the dining room to him, bring up the dessert as soon as you can. He seems a little off tonight."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:10 am 

She would nod a bit as Kagan goes to greet their master. Hopefully everything went well. She thought as she worked on the desert. It wasn't going to be one of her best looking ones but it will still be good. She wanted to tell Kagan he was wrong that she had it easy, but knew he wouldn't understand. Having to fight yourself every so often.

When he comes back in and lets her know the change of plans she nods. "I'll bring it up shortly." she says and quickly goes about finishing it up. It would take her a few more minutes to get it fully done. she would set it on a tray and head up to her masters study.

Once there she would softly knock on the door before walking. "Welcome back Master" she says with her normal smile to him. She would do a little curtsy to him being careful not to drop or tip the desert over.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:37 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Sitting in the darkened study, Tannow's back was to S-74 as she entered. Dismissively waiving her into the room, he kept staring out the window. Plots were best formulated in the dark, he found. Even so, as she reached the low table Kagan had set the rest of his meal on, Master Tannow broke the stare he'd fixed on the dark blue skies outside of the study's windows, and gestured to a seat on the opposite side of the table. "Please sit, #74." His green eyes fixed on hers as he waited for her to do as he asked. Noting that, at least at the moment, her hair was down. This was the side of her that would listen and not force him to discipline her.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 11:47 am 

She would smile as she walks to the table. carefully picking up the desert she would set it down where it belongs. seeing he has yet to eat she would frown a bit. She really hoped everything is up to his liking. When he spoke she looks to him then the chair he pointed at. Nodding she would go over and sat down. setting the tray on her lap. " Is everything ok Master?" she asks looking up at him with her dark brown eyes. Perhaps he heard what the other side did.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:02 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Tannow watched S-74 move to the indicated place, and once she was looking back at him he paused. This was, as all things were, a bit of a delicate operation.

"#74... Thank you for bringing dinner." If Tannow had an advantage here, it was that she wasn't going anywhere without his permission. He had time to formulate a plan, and so he let a small silence go before picking up one of the small plates his food was on and handing it to her. "Please," he said as he gave her the dish. "I'm not especially hungry, there's plenty here if I change my mind.

"You've been in my employ for more than a short time, 74. But I know very little of your story prior to entering my home." His eyes seemed to flash. "Would you tell me about your life before you came here?" He had to watch her carefully, if he saw her personality change then she might be lying to him. "Start simply. Tell me, do you have a name as well as a number?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:21 pm 

She would watch him as he handed her the plate. " Thank you" she says and would set it down in front of her. Seeing she got permission to eat. She would take a small bit and listen to him.

Taking a deep breath she would look to him. " As far as i can remember my name has been 74. Though during my time with my second master. Some of the pit fighters called me Setrina but I do not think that name was for me. " She knew her master was aware of her other side.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:32 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"That is interesting." Tannow nodded to himself. He knew she had combat experience, which made her working in the kitchen all but ridiculous. She was more valuable than an ordinary house slave, and in fact the only reason she was still a part of his house despite her... Troubling dual personality, was because of her race. Elves were rare, considered beautiful. Worth too much to simply be disposed of.

But until she was trustworthy, and reliable, house work it would have to be. "#74... I think you should take a name. Consider which you would like.

"At any rate, I wonder how one goes from pit fighting to housework. It must bore you, to come from that kind of excitement, let alone the freedom pit fighters had by comparison. Do you remember why you were sold away from the arena?"

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:54 pm 

She would nod a bit. "I will try to find one that will fit us." she knew that would be hard. The other side of her liked to fight her in anything it seemed. " I was actually a house slave first, but when my first master died I was taken to the pits by my second master used me ....as a way to get his other slaves to fight better. That's when she started to come out. My master could not deal with the flip flop as he called it. That and the others getting injured somehow. " As she spoke she would look down to the plate of food that was missing a bite. she didn't like to think back to that time of her life.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 12:58 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Understanding the implications in her silence, Tannow nodded. "Of course. To this point I have not used you in such a way, nor have you been wronged or taken advantage of in my house. Do you agree?" This was important. If she would agree, Tannow knew that either she would have an edge over the Setrina half of her - or that half would come out. Which was fine, he needed to see that side of her this evening too. She was headstrong, he knew that, but if he could control her, well... The slave in front of him was wasted as a cook, she had much more potential. His mind was on fire with ambition.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:12 pm 

She would glance up to him as she started to play with the tray a little. she would think for a bit. " when you first bought me. Some of the others tested me. Like always when a new slave is brought in. One..." she would blink twice. letting go of the tray she would reach up and pull her hair back using the small piece of leather she had on her to tie it back. sitting back in the chair she crossed her arms infront of her chest. " one tried to see how far he could push me but well he learned i push back pretty hard." she says with a smirk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:18 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

A grim smile came to Tannow's lips. "Ah. Just the woman I wanted to see." He slowly rose, leaving the table and pacing to the window. He was not afraid of Setrina, if anything he was more at ease when she was out than when she slumbered. "Let me say that I've been very kind thusfar. Very tolerant of your... Outbursts, and embarrassments. Have you ever questioned why?" He looked over his shoulder towards her. "I can tell you it isn't for your winning personality.

"Setrina, as a child I was taught that everyone - absolutely every being alive - does the things they do for one of two reasons: To get something they want, or to avoid something they do not want. 'Carrot-and-stick', they used to call it. I hope you would agree, but really it doesn't matter. What matters is the principle." He turned fully to face her. "So tell me - are you more a carrot, or a stick kind of a person? I have both available, figuratively speaking."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:32 pm 

She would raise a eyebrow when he said he wanted to talk to her. No one ever wanted to her and he knew her name now. what did that little goody tell him. Moving the tray off of her lap she would reach to the plate and take another bite while he spoke. good food should be fore everyone not just someone who thinks they are above the rest. " I just fiuger goody sucked up to you enough to deal with the crap i give you." she says glancing to him.

the old carrot and stick thing. " i try to take what i want. just need to find a way to keep goody in line or want the same thing makes it harder. " she says and eats a bit more. keeping a careful eye on him. she really didn't trust him but knew she was stuck for now with him.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:52 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Tannow let a little laugh pass his lips. "No, not exactly. In fact I'd say your better half has actually done less to keep you here than you yourself." His face grew somber again.

"Setrina, the world is not fair. You know that, everyone knows it. We pretend that there's justice in our lives, or that some kind of judgment day is coming - but it isn't." His eyes locked with hers. "Not without you, anyway."

Tannow walked past her to the door to the study, closed it and locked it. "If you want freedom... Or, perhaps, revenge on the whole system that put you here... Well, either way, we give to get. So that's the carrot for you - freedom, for every elf in the empire. At the end of a very long, very hard road."

Tannow shook his head. "That's the bright side. The stick, if you will, is that if you don't obey, don't push yourself, don't make my will your will..." His hands folded together. "I won't *just* torture and abuse you until you die, I'll do the same to every elf in this kingdom. You'll take your last, painful breath knowing that your whole species is doing the same."

After a long silence, Tannow unlocked the door and stepped away from it. "If you understand me, you can report to Kagan and I'll see you tomorrow." He opened the door for her. "Sleep well."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:51 pm 

she would watch him as he talked. how in the world was she the better one. when he walks to the door and locks it she got up quickly and grabbed the knife off the table. Just to be on the safe side. watching him very carefully ready to defend herself if need to be.

smirking a little she would lean back slightly so she was resting on the table. " just one little problem with that whole thing. " she says and tilts her head. " you know as well as i unfortunately goody has control most the time. I'm lucky to be out for a hour before she takes over again. Also i can't get out when ever i want."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:59 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Nodding to himself, Tannow made his way out the door without waiting for S-74 to follow. However, as he walked through the threshold he said "I'm working on that problem. In the meantime, think it over. I can only use a lovely young elf as a cook for so long." He didn't care to see how she reacted to the threat, it hung there in the air and he trusted it to do its job and convince her, with time, to come to him and accept.

After all... The king would never see this coming. But it would take time.

Kagan had been patrolling by the study when the door opened and Tannow left. While he missed the bulk of the conversation, the orc *did* hear the last words Tannow said to S-74 before he walked away. Waiting until he was definitely not coming back, Kagan went into the room. "Are you alright," he asked her, "what did he want?" A practical sort of an orc, Kagan sat and began to eat the cold dinner that his master had chosen not to partake of. With a wry smile he said "Can't waste your work, after all."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:14 pm 

she would glare at her masters retreating back. how dare he threaten her. He was lucky he offered her her freedom if this goes well. If he decided to back stab her she will get him in the long run.

Picking up the plate she was about to throw it when Kagan walked in. Looking to him she nods a bit. She trusted the orc more then her master. " I'm as good as a slave can be" she says and takes another bit of the food " apperently i'm to report to you now for something." she says walking over to their masters desk. flipping open any book that was on it she then would dumpped her plate on them before shutting the books with a smirk.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 5:19 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Watching the display, Kagan was so surprised he forgot to chew for a moment. Then, after hastily finishing his bite, the orc stood up and raised his arms to his head in a panic. "Why!? Why would you do that? Earlier you almost had a heart attack over dessert and now you're trying to get yourself in trouble?" Kagan put a hand on Setrina's shoulder and pushed her gently away from the desk. "I'll deal with this, but if you make any more extra work for me tonight it'll go badly for you." He frowned. "I hate this place. And I hate that prick, just as much as you do. But you need to THINK. Rebelling in this childish way only gets us all hurt. If you want to rebel... Well, for now, keep it quiet. And, if the day ever comes that you have a chance, a chance to really change things - THAT is when you act out!"

Kagan was telling himself this as much as S-74. One day he would overthrow his master, he had made himself that promise... But if this elf kept behaving this way, she would not live to see that day. At least, he believed that. And, while he didn't know her very well... He didn't want to see her die.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next