All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:43 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

she would tilt her head a bit. " are they trustworthy? " she would asks and hand him most of the fish. knowing he would need the energy to heal. " and enjoy. not my best but it will work."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 8:49 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

"Trustworthy?" The orc was clearly distracted, thoughts of his mother overtaking that memory in particular. "No, I don't think so. I mean, probably some of them could be, but mostly they're thieves. They steal things like your first love, or the soul from your body, or your favorite sock. Whatever they happen to be looking for. That's how she told it...

"She was a beautiful woman, you know. No idea what happened that I ended up such a freak, she was gorgeous, even by you people's standards." Kagan laughed. " 'You people' meaning non-orcs."

He took some fish, but did not let #74 give him all that she had tried to. "Nope," he said firmly, "I hate being babied. You're lucky I'm not chopping down trees outside naked, just to spite you."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:09 pm 

she would smile a little " she gave you a beautiful heart." she says and would shake her head when he offer her back some of the fish. " i won't be able to eat that much. i don't trust my stomach to much right now" it

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 9:19 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"Well then we'll save the rest for later. I'm sure we'll be hungry again soon." The orc took a bite of what he had been given thankfully. "This is better than you'd think.

"Oh, um... Number? Or... Whatever you want to be called... Why did you ask about wolves that talk? Did something happen?" Kagan felt a protective spirit rise within him. "You're not going out there alone again, if that's the case."

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2017 10:28 pm 

she would take a bite of her food and check the blanket making sure it's drying ok. she would nod. " on my way back i came across a wolf that wanted me to bring it back here and let it eat with me. i told it no since it would give me a straight answer what it was and it dissappered."

looking to him she smiles a bit. " i'll be fine you taught me how to be a very good little sneak." she sayhs then eats a bit more of the fish.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 4:41 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Listening to the story, Kagan might normally have doubted it. However, whatever else #74 was, she was no liar. Hell, if she was a liar, things might actually have been smoother between them. Anyway, it meant that his mothers words had also been true, and he was glad to believe that.

As to dealing with it, though... "How much longer do you think we can stay here? They can't have just given up on finding us, I feel like every hour we spend here is dangerous, and that was before you met that wolf." The orc sat up, trying to focus. "The way forward... The way out of the kingdom, it's going to be pretty rough. And, I know you don't want to hear it, but... I don't see us making it there without having to steal along the way. Food, warmer clothes, horses. It's not going to be easy." Kagan's eyes locked on the elf. "I don't want to make you do anything. And if you decide not to, I'll respect it. But I want to live, and if that means taking things from those along the way, I will do so."

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 6:24 pm 

She would nod a bit. " I don't like stealing but I know it has to be done now and then to survive. I've done it before." She would move over to him. " Tomorrow we can leave you need another night to heal. I also need to check them." She says looking to him concern

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 8:01 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Nodding along initially, Kagan's face was suddenly hesitant when the elf mentioned checking 'them', presuming she meant his injuries. "Well, flattered as I am that you want to see me naked, I'm afraid that's just not gonna happen." Whatever bluster the orc had spoken with, however, quickly disappeared as he tried to lay back against the wall again and had to bite his lip to keep from yelping in pain.

"Having said that," he added in a shaky tone, "maybe it's fine to be sure I'm not infected or something. But if you try anything I'm telling Setrina." Kagan had meant that as a joke, but regretted it all but immediately because he doubted #74 would take it that way. She could be frighteningly literal at times. He had originally decided it annoyed him, these days he found it charming - occasionally.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 9:44 pm 

she was about to say something when he leaned against the wall. seeing him bite his lip she would sigh a bit. " I won't do anything but check and clean your wounds. " if he let her she would take his shirt off careful so she could get a better look at his wounds. taking off the bandages setrina did quickly. " besides even in your state i'm sure you could off me if you wanted to." she says. the whole time she worked on his wounds she made sure to use a very soft touch.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:03 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"I really..." The orc forced himself to laugh instead of wince in pain as his shirt came off. "Really didn't think you would cross any lines, here. You're basically a pointy-eared nun, anyway." His tone was trying to come across as ornery, but that bare hint of affection was creeping back into his voice. "And as for 'offing' you, I feel like that would make my whole rescue attempt pointless."

Kagan hissed involuntarily as a particularly sensitive cut was redressed, closing his eyes. "Last night... You accused me of wanting to make you someone else... To use you, somehow. Which made me wonder... What *do* you want to do? When this thing is over and we're safe outside of the kingdom... Who do you want to be?"

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:14 pm 

she would frown a bit hearing him hiss. " sorry" she says softly and would do her best to rebandage it quickly and carefully. thinking the whole time. " that one is going to need to be cleaned again in the morning. " she would then go on to the next one then the next.

" to be honest i don't know. i don't know how to do anything but be a slave it is what i was born as and what i thought i would die as." she says and sighs. " sorry i have no dreams, no wants...a...anymore that is. i guess i'll need to try and think of some" she says very softly as she finished with his wounds.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:22 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

In the cold, stale air of the cabin, with the scent of cooked fish still in the air and dry blood staining the elf's fingertips, Kagan's will seemed to force him to a point, a place where he took the risk and saw himself for a moment the way she did. The way she must have.

"I'm not going to yell at you," he said in a voice barely above a whisper. "Nothing is wrong with you, and you can decide when you are ready to live for your own dreams." He took one of her bloodied hands in his. "I can't promise we'll live that long, or that I'll always be the friend you need... But don't let anyone, even me, push you. It's time to stand. I won't bully you, and I'll only carry you when you ask me to."

Sinking back into his common mood, the orc let go of her hand with a mild shrug. "So, tomorrow morning I'm gonna go towards the border. You can come with me, or you can return to Tannow - or go in some whole other direction. And, whatever you choose, I'll be proud of you."

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:33 pm 

she would look to their hands then to him. she would nod a bit and would help him with his shirt. " even if i wanted to go back to tannow i couldn't. the moment she comes out she will kill him or die trying. " slowly she stands up and goes check on the blanket. " and neither of us wants that." seeing the blanket was dry she walks back over to him carring it.

softly she would move the blanket so it was wrapped around him. " we still got some clean water if your thristy then you should get some sleep. " she would say and softly rub her hands together. after dealing with his wounds and her hands getting wet from cleaning them they was cold. then again her ripped outfit wasn't helping either.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:40 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Finally, a chance for a real, genuine laugh from Kagan. "Again with this? It's ****ing freezing out, and you want me to sleep in warmth while you turn blue." He shook his head, still mirthful. "Honestly I'm beginning to get offended. Is there some reason you're too good to lay beside me, strictly for heat purposes? It's not like I bite." The orc paused. "Well... I mean I do. But I won't bite you! And anyway if you keep acting like I'm disgusting, I'll go sleep outside. Then we'll both freeze to death." He smiled widely. "Just be glad I'm not a real smooth operator or I'd bring up how much warmer we'd be naked. Well, I'd feel a lot warmer if you were anyway."

The obvious exaggeration in his voice should have clued #74 in to his joviality, but if not he paused again and followed up with a serious point - and then another joke. "Actually... You need new clothes. I mean I do too, but you do especially. Seriously, if you were a nun before now you're... Some kind of down-on-her-luck traveling dirt salesman. 'Great deals on mud!' "

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:46 pm 

she would look to him and goes a bit red. " i worry in my sleep i'll roll over and bump your wounds ok!" pushing back a little of her hair. " and if you bite me more and likly she would come out and be upset at you for doing so."

looking down at her outfit she nods a bit. " yeah we both need new cloths. " looking to him she would smile a little. " i'm sure we will find something. now you lay down and get comfy i'm going to put another log on the fire then....i'll join you ok." she says softly though she was still a bit scared.

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 10:54 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

When #74 mentioned Setrina being upset with him for biting her, Kagan couldn't resist pushing her boundaries just a little. "Depends on where and how hard, probably." Before the elf could glare at him, Kagan was up and heading to bed with a childish grin on his face. What an inspiring hero.

Situated in bed but not asleep (he had barely been up and about that day, after all), the orc looked towards his companion and thought out loud. "I think we should steal clothes. And food. And maybe a horse. You know what?" He sat up on his elbows, which hurt more than he had expected it too. Whoops. "We could find a house, knock out whoever is inside and take everything. I mean... I doubt they'll need everything anyway. All humans are rich, right?"

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 11:11 pm 

she would go even redder. he was proble right. but she didn't think aobut it to much. putting a log onto the fire she looks to him and shrugs. " i don't think all humans are rich. either way we want to becareful and not leave a trail." she says as she walks over to him. carefully she would lay down next to him. " i still need to think of a name for myself. now more then ever."

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:04 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Kagan threw the blanket over the elf, so that the two were both under the same one, bodies generating heat to fight at the cold. "It does get tricky without one, absolutely." He looked somber for a moment, then, eyes looking downward. "Setrina must've been really hurt in that place... She hasn't come out at all since, not even briefly." He tried to offer a placative smile. "I'm glad for the time to get to know you, and I hope we keep getting to know each other, don't doubt that. I just... Miss her sometimes, is all. I hope that makes sense." Laying beside her, the woman he loved and yet not the woman he loved... Things were so complicated now...

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 7:57 am 

she would nod a little. " i understand. " she says and looks to him. " she probable exshausted she had to fight to stay out as much as she could. so....." she says and looks away. " so they didn't try to destroy her again." he had to still be mad at her for that she knew setrina proble was

PostPosted: Sun May 14, 2017 8:19 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

With a nod, the orc closed his eyes. "That makes sense." His hands closed around the cot beneath him, tightly holding to it as if it was life itself. "She made it out. And you aren't running back there for Tannow's approval. Both of you should be proud." Kagan sleepily added "I'm proud of you." Then he was sleeping, and would not wake until the next morning.

Early, before there was dawn, sounds inspired the orc to rise, which he did as silently as possible. He heard footsteps, scratching. Peering through the dark, Kagan could see the door. The handle was slowly being raised. Someone was coming, and he distinctly sensed that they weren't friendly. Clapping a hand to the elf's mouth momentarily to keep her from crying out as she woke, he whispered "someone is coming. They're trying to be quiet, they know we're here."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next