All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:17 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

She would roll her eyes a bit at the orc
But what he said got her attation. If he was going to be working with him best lf he knew her secret. Reaching over she grabbed his hand to get his attention
Probably with more strength then he ever felt from her. " I'll say this once do not mix me up with the goody side. Also leave.." she says and walks back to the table and sit on it again. " Our master" she says with lots of hatered in her voice. " Will think something is up if I didn't do something"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 6:22 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

Surprised by the strength in the elf's grasp, Kagan listened as she said not to 'mix her up' with the goody side. And then she commanded him to leave. She commanded him. Well, that was just ridiculous. Still, at her last words Kagan reluctantly agreed. This was her reputation, after all. Still, instead of leaving, he walked over to her and sat beside her, carefully brushing any remaining dishes out of his way. "Good sides, bad sides, fine. I'll learn, but... I heard what he said to you. I know he threatened you, but I don't know why and I especially don't know why if he threatened you you would respond like this." Kagan frowned. "Help me understand. You might think you're invincible, but even if he's keeping you around for some reason you need someone to rely on." He shrugged. "That can be me, if you're ready to stop bristling. And when you go... 'Goody', and apologize for everything, I can still be the one you rely on. Because if the three of us - me, you and your other half - all work together, we might just make it out of here."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:15 pm 

She would look to him and listens as he spoke. Most avoided her but he was a orc. he was stronger then her and she knew could kill her easily and her other side even easier. Looking to the door she thinks for a moment. " it sounds like i either help him with something and he will give me my freedom or if i don't it will be not just my end but my kinds end." she says and looks to him. " I'm not invisable i know that. Being in the pits taught me that. I'm just not a ground kisser like she is. "

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:27 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"Yeah, that definitely sounds like the boss," Kagan said humorlessly. "I can't imagine he has the power to go after your people - he's a respected merchant leader, but not the king. Even so... I wouldn't push it." Kagan looked down for a moment, pushing past a painful memory. "Before he gave me permission to use my name, I was #10. That's because there were nine orcs before me in his estate. None of them were obedient enough to be kept alive.

"One day we're going to break his bones, #74. We'll tear him apart - and live to tell about it. But until then, you'd better start learning how to kiss the floor or whatever you said. Lay low, find out what he wants and do it. Wait until the perfect moment."

The orc yawned. It was later than he had thought it was. "You should get to bed. If he has you report to me again tomorrow, you're either being punished or trained for something. Think about what I said - no matter how you feel about 'Goody', if one of you dies the other dies too."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2017 9:40 pm 

she nods a bit. " she was born as 74. I was named setrina by the other fighters. " she says and stands up. she would strech a bit before walking towards the door. " training or punishment who knows maybe even both." she says looking to him with a smirk. " don't get caught in here with that mess. " with that she walks out and too where she was to sleep. she wasn't really tired but not knowing what is to happen she went to bed. she also needed to think about everything that just happened. how in the world is she going to get her good side to behave. and either way by the end of this thing she will be free.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 6:45 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

In the morning the manor was busy as always, but a rumor passed between the staff whenever two among them had a moment to speak. In three weeks' time, the king's generals would be spending a few days here in a conference with the most affluent merchants of the land - of which Tannow was foremost.

As exciting as this was for some of the staff, others seemed on edge. Tannow might have generally spared them the indecencies other masters were known for, but it was unlikely that he would rebuke his guests for so indulging. Of course, others said that these fears were nonsense. Tannow had always been strict, but not malicious, he would not change now.

Kagan had not given an opinion, and was not planning to. He made his morning rounds, and then stopped by to see S-74 at whatever she was doing. "Good morning, troublemaker," he said as he found her. "Sleep well?"

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:35 pm 

74 slept fitfully the whole night. in the morning she would dress in a clean dress and brush her hair out. leaving it down. she would go about doing her normal morning stuff. listening to the others talk. she would have to do her best to keep her head down when the genarl was near by.

she was working in a spare room dusting when kagan came in and spoke to her. she looked at him confusedly. " Why are you calling me troublemaker?" she asks in her soft voice.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:40 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"Why?" Kagan's tone was initially unbelieving. "Because you dumped food all over Tannow's study last night! Not to mention..." Looking into her eyes, the orc let out a long, tired sigh. "Oh. Of course. You don't remember, do you?" Kagan clapped a hand on 74's shoulder for a moment. "We gotta get your brain fixed once this whole thing's overwith. Of course, you don't remember what I'm even talking about, I bet." He turned away. "That's pretty inconvenient."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:52 pm 

Hearing she dumped food all over her masters study her eyes go wide and she dropped the duster. "I ...I did what?" she then raises a eyebrow and moves away from Kagan. " What do you mean by we and when this is over with? Kagan what is going on?" she had no ideal what he was talking about. what did her other side do last night.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 7:57 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"Okay, sure." Kagan was still not sure he believed this double personality stuff. He'd have to test it later. But hey, on the off chance it was true... "Well last night I overheard something about how you weren't going to be in the kitchens much longer. And then you told me that he offered you freedom, and threatened to wipe out your people. Depending on doing something for him. I didn't get too many more details about that - is any of it coming back?" Kagan tried to smile in a friendly way, to encourage her. "I'm sure you can recall it now. I never really figured out what was going on, you didn't say what he asked you to do."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:17 pm 

She would listen to him and as he spoke she would get even paler. "What???" she says softly. all three options in her eyes was horable. shaking her head a bit she goes to walk around kagan. " I....I need to go speak with master about this." her voice was shaking now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:21 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Kagan put his arm out to block 74. It wasn't *actually* blocking her, she could push past him if she wanted, but he was trying to convince her to stop. "If you go to him like this, dazed and afraid, what do you think will happen? He probably won't believe that you can't remember, and if he does then he'll be angry at you for not paying attention." He looked earnestly into the elf's face. "Come on. Take a breath, think... Then, if you want, you can go check in with him. But I really, really recommend calming down first. I have a hundred things to do every day, I can't spend every minute looking out for you." He tried to smile. "I'll help you, with whatever this is. But there's no excuse for stupidity. That's why I'm here and not dead in the ground behind the manor."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:32 pm 

She would see his hand go up and look to him. He was right she needed to calm down and think. closing her eyes she would take a long careful breath. " ok think...think...you took desert he asked you to eat and tell him about our past.." she would go quite and frown some. " I...I don't remember anything after that. " she says and opens her eyes. " she was in control."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:37 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

The orc looked over his shoulder briefly. This was burning through the time they had, but he couldn't let her leave like this, she could get herself killed for all he knew. "She was in control, okay. But you share this body, you share the same brain. She's clearly aware of your existence, she called you 'Goody' last night. Maybe... Maybe you can reach into what she knows without becoming her. It seems like she can do the reverse." Kagan walked over to 74. "Hey, sorry for this but-" He punched her in the gut. Not incredibly hard, not nearly as hard as he could, but hopefully hard enough to trigger a response from Setrina. That might help 74 remember.

"So... Yeah, sorry about that. But did it help? Are you remembering anything?" Kagan took a few steps back, perhaps slightly afraid of what Setrina's reaction might be if she manifested fully.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:45 pm 

she sighs " of course we know of each other. " she would tilt her head and was about to ask about what when he punched her in the stomach making her fall to the ground. coughing a bit she would hold her stomach with one arm. that was going to leave a nice bruise.

Looking up at him her eyes had lost all softness to them and was replaced with hatred. " do that again kagan and i will kill you. " slowly she would stand up not taking her eyes off of him as she pulled her hair back and tied it. "You best have a good reason to strike me like that as well. "

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:51 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Kagan breathed a sigh of relief, actually more happy to see Setrina than bothered by her threats. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Look, 74 can't remember anything from last night, but it seems like you CAN see through her eyes. Tannow may summon you any minute and if your airheaded side can't remember what happened she won't know what to say. I don't know everything from last night, you didn't tell me all of it so I can't help her fake it without you."

For a moment the orc considered just how strange this whole conversation was, but he pressed on.

"If you don't want the body you're in to suffer, or for me to resort to slugging you every time we have to chat, you need to find a way to share control with 'Goody' so both of you can keep up with what's going on."

"Kagan," came an unmistakable voice from outside the room. Master Tannow's voice. "Kagan, please accompany me."

"Damn, out of time." The orc reached out and took the elf's hands in his for a moment. "I don't care if you hate me. I don't care if you hate everyone. If you don't find a way to keep up - passing notes to yourself or something - you will die. And I can't save you every time."

He rushed out of the room to meet with Tannow. The two would soon circle back and enter the room together, about twenty minutes later.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:01 pm 

she would listen to him and sighs. hearing kagan being called she nods to him. " go i'll get goody to agree." once he left she found some paper and quickly wrote a note out to herself. not knowing how long before she lost control. finishing them she would just stand there and look at them till she switched. 74 read the note and picked up the second one. finishing reading it she would slip it into her pocket and pull her hair down when Kagan and Tannow walked in. smiling she would curtsy to him. " Good day master." she says happily to him

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:05 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Tannow nodded towards the elf without a smile, behind him Kagan showed no emotion at all. "Good day, #74. Kagan you are dismissed." The orc wordlessly left the room, and now it was just the two of them.

Master Tannow walked over to the bed in the spare room, and sat down on it. "How did you sleep? Can you remember any dreams?" His tone was... Difficult to read. Combining it with how odd Kagan had seemed when the two entered the room, #74 might well have been uneasy. "I slept well myself."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:13 pm 

She would watch kagan leave then look to her master as he sat on the bed. She would stay where she stood. " I am afraid I didn't sleep to well. Dreams of my past haunted me. I am very glade to hear you slept well. " she says and moves her hands behind her back and held her left wrist.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2017 9:20 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"I see. I'm sorry to hear that."

Tannow motioned the elf forward, to sit beside him. Whether or not she chose to obey would tell him much. In the meantime... "I suppose you've heard the rumors. I am hosting a meeting between the merchants of the land and the king's generals. Businessmen and warriors. How do you feel about that?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 14  Next