All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2017 9:35 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

She would blink a bit when he embraced her. Slowly she smiles and wraps her arms around him. This was one of the happiest moments in her life right now. Taking a deep breath she looks up at him. " Ok" she says softly. If setrina finds out about this they was in trouble.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:04 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Medals: 1
Supporter (1)

Several days later, on a cold morning, the sun shone weakly through the windows of Vitner Hospital, an up-to-date physician establishment boasting professional humorists, its own leech farm, even an attached chapel to excise the possessed. This beacon of learned medicine was built on the coast and heavily walled as to keep its patients from hurting themselves by excursions. The grand irony was that the only sure escape was to plummet from one's window to the rocks and waves below, a proposition the insane were fond of trying. Those patients still inside the confines of 'hospital' were probably the sanest lot there, doctors included.

Dressed in a simple white gown and tied to a table, the elf was surrounded by strange surgeons. Tannow was not there, having earlier promised to see her once she was cured. The procedure, whatever it was, would require that #74's head was bound so tightly that she was not afforded even minimal movement, 'for your own safety'. As it was her head had not yet been so restrained, though the rest of her bonds were in place.

There was still time, if Setrina surfaced. Otherwise... It might have been the end of her, and only Number would continue on.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:11 pm 

numbers was nervous the next few days till the surgery. she wanted to be able to stay with tannow so she knew this had to go well. laying on the bed waiting for it to start she would take careful breaths listening to everything around her. until she felt setrina try to come out. closing her eyes she would do her best to fight her off. unfortunately setrina was stronger and got out.

Looking around a bit she would lift her head up as much as she could and glare at the surgeons. " what the **** is going on." she says and trys to get free. what did goody get them into. she thought as she kept on trying to get free.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:18 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"As predicted, patient is resisting surgery." One of the staff tried to tighten her restraints further but was hit in the chest for his trouble. "No matter, Tannow warned us of this."

A surgeon reached out with a blade towards Setrina, just as her arms broke free of their restraints. Further back, several men locked the door out of here. It was possible that the elf could take the ones in here in a fight. It was less possible that she would escape today. Still, every moment she fought would bring her closer to freedom.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:25 pm 

frowning she would get her arm free and grab the surgeon with the knife. " stay away from me!" she yelled and shoved him away. quickly she would go about undoing the other restrances and stands up glaring at the all. " let me go or die. " she says cracking her knuckles. tannow was behind this what ever it is. she was going to destroy him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:28 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

"You're confused," one of the doctor's hissed from behind his mask. "We're here to help you." He turned his head towards the others. "The patient needs to be reassured of our goodwill." He turned back to face her again. "There is no letting you go. You're sick. You may not remember it, but you let us strap you to the table so we could operate. So we could heal you."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:35 pm 

she glares at the one that spoke. " how am i sick? " she says and looks around then her eyes go wide a bit. " you was going to get rid of me...HOW DARE YOU! HOW DARE THEY!" oh he will die painfully if she ever got her hands back on Tannow. she was beyond mad. quickly she moved to the surgeon with the knife and punches him hard in the gut. if he drops the knife she would pick it up. " lets see who is the sick one now." she says looking to them with a smirk.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:55 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

The surgeon did drop his knife, and stepped back cautiously, raising his hands defensively. "You're irrational, you don't know what you're doing." He looked into her eyes, a tremor of fear in the voice behind the mask. "If you attack us, you will not leave this place."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:59 pm 

she would smirk seeing the fear in his eyes. she has him now. " then we have to options. first one you let me go and no one gets hurt or the second one i start to hurt people and trust me after being in the pits i know how to make one be in pain and not die. " she would look at them all slowly. " so your choice." she would make sure to keep a good grip on the knife and should anyone move towards her. she would swing at them.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:44 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Over the next few minutes, an ugly struggle ensued. Setrina was able to damage many of the hospital staff (some greatly and others less so), but in the end it was one against far too many, and they managed to subdue her and roughly buffet her unconscious. Still, the chief surgeon who would have performed the operation was now himself in critical condition, and none of them dared try anything immediately. The elf was unceremoniously thrown into a padded room, and the iron door was locked many times over. 'She'll stay there until a new method can be tried,' the doctors would say, but at least for now no one intended to free her at all...

Almost a week later, and while Tannow's plans drew close and he hoped to receive the 'corrected' elf back to his home at any hour, the hospital had an uninvited visitor. In the dark it crept down the echoing halls, keeping out of the light and stopping if anyone thought they heard anything for a moment. It made its way between floors, gleaning what it could from the conversations of passing physicians.

"Who's that?" A voice called into the darkness. "I know someone's there, who are you?"

A low, strong tone answered back from the shadows. "Where is the elf?"

"We have several elves here! Who do you mean?" With a cry, the man was pulled into the black, kicking and struggling but unable to escape.

"WHERE IS SETRINA!?" The darkness demanded this of its quaking prey.

"The-The newest elf? I don't know her name? She killed some of the doctors, she's locked in the high-security wing! There's no way there without getting through the gates!"

The darkness let out a roar. "Then I guess we do this the hard way." Teeth tore through the man's throat before his bleeding form was thrown back into the light. Then, from the dark emerged a tall green figure, fangs bloodied and hands clutching at a sharp iron rod as if it were a sword. Now to get past the gates.

#74 would hear the alarm spreading between the doctors. She would see many of them rush past her cell door. One of them said "an orc!?" It would take incredible strength or inhuman luck to get past the door of her cell. Even so, Setrina might have found one or the other of those two values to know that Kagan was coming to free her - and could not succeed alone.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:10 pm 

setrina was happy that she injured and killed so many of the workers. she did warn them after all. being locked in the padded cell was rough for either side. numbers would cry some knowing that since setrina knew something was defiantly up it would be almost impossible for them to get rid of her and now she didn't know when or if she ever see tannow again.

setrina on the other hand was going stir crazy a bit. she would try to break free when she could or cause any problems. though even that became dull. she needed to get free some how. hearing all the commotion outside she would go to her door and look out the small window. an orc...Kagan was here. she had to help them.

looking around she would wait till she saw another doctor walking by before reaching out and grabing ahold of him pulling him to the door hard. " unlock the door and you live if not you will be eaten alive by the orc. i'll make sure of it." she says and smirks evily so he knew she wasn't playing around. once the door was unlocked she would lock him inside before going towords the noise to help kagan and to get out of there.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:27 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Making her way towards the wrought iron gates (set floor to ceiling), Setrina would see a bloody battle taking place on the far side of them. Kagan, skin streaked with red all over, was taking on a whole mess of thugs. They encircled him, striking at his back whenever he was distracted. Most of the attacks they made were fairly small to him, but little by little his strength was waning with every new carve through his flesh. Even so, he was now and then able to catch one of his enemies, impaling some and all but tearing others bodily apart. This was an orc at his most brutal, driven to reach Setrina at any cost.

And, unless something changed, the cost would be his life. And between the two of them were the iron gates.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:43 pm 

for the first time ever setrina was scared seeing kagan in the shape he was in. she knew she had to do something quick or lose him. looking around she would try to find the key. if not she would go to the gate and try to pull who ever she could to the gate and kill them quickly. "Kagan get out of here!" she calls out to him. trying to find something to maybe even try to quickly pick the lock she had to get to him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 4:09 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Kagan's weariness was finally starting to show. Once, twice... For the hundredth time, blades pierced his back, but this time he felt each impact, each sting like it was really reaching him. Pushing past his drive to the vulnerability no one could ever really escape from.

And then he heard her. Setrina said his name. Blood running down over his eyes, Kagan looked towards her and there she was. Just on the far side of the gate... He smiled slightly, and in the next instant let out a long and terrible roar. "You've let me see who I'm here for," he said with a courageous laugh, "so now none of you are getting out of here alive!" Kagan grabbed the nearest attacker, dragged him bodily to the gate and began bashing him into it while fending off attacks with his free arm, trying to bring the thing down even as Setrina worked on her side to pick the lock.

Eventually, for one reason or the other it opened, and Kagan fell inward, kicking it closed again behind him. "Hey crazy lady," he said quietly. "I'm all bluff, I don't think I can take those guys any longer and something tells me they're not gonna give up." Kagan's bloodied hand briefly took Setrina's. "Help me keep this gate closed? If I can just... Rest for a moment... I'll be fine." His injuries were severe.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2017 6:22 pm 

She worked frantically to get the door open. When it did and he fell in. She couldn't help but be a little relived. " Me the crazy one? I think you got that title now." She says going back to the lock she would jam the tools she was using in to it after making sure it was locked.

Moving away and looking to him she frowns some. " you rest up. I'll find stuff to treat your wounds so we can get out of here." She says softly touching his face for a moment.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 8:08 pm 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

With a laugh, Kagan started to shake his head but it hurt too much. "You gotta run for it now. I'll follow you in a few minutes." He gave her his bravest smile. "Or we can sit this one out together. But those guys-" he motioned weakly towards the knife-wielding surgeons now trying to get the gate open again "-aren't gonna let us just hug it out undisturbed." He shrugged, then bit his tongue a little to keep a whimper of pain back.

"So if you come up with a plan, let me know." Kagan shivered despite it being perfectly warm in the hospital. "I'm gonna close my eyes... For a few minutes..."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:29 pm 

She would frown a little " i'm not leaving you behind." she would glance to the doctors for a moment then to him. " no resting come up on your feet lean on me if you have to. " she says and moves to help him up. she ws more determaned then ever on helping him.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:15 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

Initially, Kagan seemed unwilling or unable to get up, but after Setrina had tried a few times on her own he would summon what strength he could to help get him standing again. "You're right," he said quietly, with a faraway look in his eyes.

They backed away from the gate a short ways even as their enemies came close to breaking through it. "Setrina," Kagan whispered "there's no surrender anymore. They will kill us both." He looked at her with genuine concern. "We have three options: Fight them all, run past them, or lure them back this way and try to circle around them somewhere in high-security." Kagan coughed, it sounded bad. "I'm up for any of those but we need to decide now."

As soon as Setrina made up her mind, that gate would open. Kagan would follow her lead, whatever it was. He had not come this far to let her die here.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:37 am 

she would walk with him carefully. hearing the cough she frowns even more she needed to get him to a safe place so she could treat his wounds and let him rest. the choice was a easy one cause she knew he was not in condition to fight or to run through them. " we will circle them. " she says. this would also give her a chance to grab any supplies she saw that she might need to help heal him. quickly she lead him away from a gate to find a place where hopefully they would be passed.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 8:03 am 

Straitjacket Hero

Supporter (1)

With Setrina leading the way, Kagan did his best to move speedily. Outsmarting their enemies was an option down the road, but right now he was leaving a bloody trail wherever they went which would make them very easy to follow. Maybe they would find a place for him to rinse off, but at the moment it was looking more likely that this would become a siege, both of them trying to outlast the remaining surgeons. "I have to say," the orc managed with a little laugh, "this is a lot like the bad dreams I had as a child. Only then, when the monsters get to you, you wake up." He kept looking for any way to rinse the blood off, or any defensible position or place they could trap to their advantage - ultimately Setrina was leading the way. They only had minutes before they were reached...

"If things don't go well... Promise you'll make it out? I have to keep you safe... Nobody gets to hurt you."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 267 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next