All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 11:50 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"It sort of aches if I move wrong, nothing too bad, I've lived like this for years. What do you do with that sap? Put it on the injuries?" He said, taking a carrot and selecting one of the horses to lead around, picking one that looked strong and came over curiously to sniff at them without seeming afraid at all.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:02 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Abbigail nodded, "I will be gentle and be glad your wounds are closed. Fore one thing, you get a reprieve from being a target. Grown men think they are so tough picking on younger. Humph! They get away with it. Don't be sore. I know this because I have brothers under Lord Territing. If you ask me they are all bruits. Even little sisters have to put up with them. I learned magic to make them leave me alone. My brothers taught me some sword moves. You allow me to wield your blade, tell me if I am any good. I will share my spells and how to use plants to stay alive. I can't see why a girl can't learn how to wield a blade."

A curious mare trotted to her and sniffed the carrot in her hand. She lead the horse towards the stable. She waved her hand over the stable latch and closed her eyes, "Latch open."

With a squeak and click the metal lock opened, Abbigale removed the iron padlock and slowly opened the stall. There were stalls full of hey and hanging on the wall beside them was bridals, block and tackle, whips, and leads. Two, plain, brown leather, travel saddles with red and green, plaid, saddle blankets, were sitting over ornately carved oak logs with wooden legs. "Is like they are ready for us."

The mare pushed the stable door open with her muzzle and entered the stable. She found a bucket of oats and proceed to eat. Not wasting any time she hefted the blanked and saddle to the horse, chinched the saddled to the underbelly of the mare. She eyeballed the length of the stirrups. "My grandfather was Sir Sterling's blacksmith, after being wounded in the War of Barren's.

Abbigail spied a milking stool and placed her left foot in the metal stirrup and swung herself to sit astride in the saddle. "What's the matter? William, I am no fancy Lady of court. I hate riding side saddle."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 12:27 pm 

"They like to gang up on me because I am not allowed to retaliate, and either they think I'm just some farm boy or they know who my father is and bully me for that, too." He explained as he followed her.

The horse he had chosen continued following him, and he let it eat the carrot while he placed the blanket and saddle onto its back and fastened it. Once the horse was properly saddled, he got on, at least trying sidesaddle as a woman would ride before switching to ride normally. "I can see why. It feels strange and much less balanced." He commented, not mentioning the twisting motion he'd have to do to ride sidesaddle caused his bruises to ache.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:37 am 

"I agree. We will get some strange looks but soon I will change into men's clothes. You are brave for trying. Let's go before we are missed.I think we better go cross the meadow than take the main road. We can take to the road after dark. What do you think?"

She stood up straight in the saddle to adjust her petticoat and sat down. The mare snorted and lifted her head.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:42 am 

"I'd like to get some men's clothes as well, if I can. While these are better than my knight uniform, I don't really think I make a convincing woman." He said, agreeing that they should probably wait until night to ride on the main roads. Honestly, he wasn't sure she'd make a convincing man either, but men's clothes were simply more practical than women's so he didn't say anything.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:25 am 

With a short kick the mare clopped out of the shed and when clear if the door Abbigale loosened the rains, leaded forward, the kick hard. "YAW" The horse was well trained and in no time was at a full gallop. She looked beside her to find William had caught up with her. Abbigail slowed when she came up to a farm house with men clothes hanging on a line. She did not see anyone, she approached the clothes and while seated on the horse she pulled down a pair of had spun work trousers, a hand spun tan shirt, suspenders hung from a stump, and a black knitted skull cap. A basket of picked vegetables she snatched up just as the front door opened. In a flash into the sun Abbigail had the mare in a dead run from the side of the house.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 6:26 pm 

William followed, allowing his horse to move a bit more slowly than hers did. When they got to the farm house, he decided he'd wait for new clothes since she was taking clothes from these people, and besides they appeared to be home. Instead, he simply waited as she took what she wanted, then rode off quickly after her when someone came out of the house and she began to ride away again, continuing on their journey. He assumed they'd have another chance to get more clothes, or he could buy some in the next town using the money he kept in a small bag and had hidden inside the dress.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:14 pm 

It was dusk before they came to the natural spring hidden in the woods. Abbigale was stiff and tired and her mare found the scent of the stream; the beast stopped to drink. She slowly dismounted and hobbled to the stream; slowly bent down and dipped her cupped hands full of water and dribbled as she drank and repeated the motion. "This is so good.", she whispered.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:20 pm 

William got off his horse and did much of the same, letting the horse drink as well, before going to check on the eggs. He found that they weren't too cold, which was good, and then went back to get more water. He figured once Abbigale was done drinking she'd tend to his injuries, as she didn't seem willing to let that go and leave them to heal on their own as he usually did.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 2:39 am 

Abbigale drank her fill and sat next to Will, "We are still together and how you holding up? Your still in one piece. We best not draw a fire. I can make us a magical barrier. Our body heat will keep us warm. We make a nest of branches and quilts. We travel when the moon is at Orion's belt." She places the basket next to the stream and rinses the vegetables. "Let is see what we have...carrots, onions, parsnips, winter cabbage, squash, more roots, and gourds. We feast like rabbits. The town has an Inn. We can save coin by having the cook fix us soup and we can buy bread and cheese. what do you think?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:11 pm 

"I'm alright. Aren't you going to apply that sap?" He asked, mostly just wanting his knife back and assuming she'd do it since he couldn't see or reach most of his injuries well, since they were on his back. "I have money, that shouldn't be too much of a problem. We also need to think about the eggs, we'll need to keep them warm if we want them to live."