All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Summer Break [LadyKate]
PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:05 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

William rushed through the crowded streets, dodging around festival goers as he tried to make it out of town before anyone realized he was gone from his post and came after him. As a knight in training, he wasn't allowed to leave his post, and he was even less allowed to steal the things he was guarding, which is exactly what he had done and the reason for his rush to leave as quickly as possible.

He'd been assigned to guard the main event of this year's summer festival, a large dragon that had been brought in from the mountains to be fought and killed by the towns older knights. He'd done this job for a few days before he noticed the dragon was much less fierce than he had expected it to be. In fact it mostly seemed depressed, curled up in a corner of the huge cage it was kept in. It was only when the creature was led away to battle that he realized why; it had eggs. He felt bad for the mother dragon and the now likely doomed eggs, so he did perhaps what was the stupidest thing he'd ever done in his life; he'd loaded them into his bag and left while everyone else was occupied with the battle.

Leaving was going well, he'd yet to be noticed, only there was one big problem; he had no idea how to care for dragon eggs if he did get away, and he didn't know who he could ask either.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:54 am 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The main event for the festival was about to begin. The shopkeepers closed their shops for the day. The owner of the magic shop was locking store door and handed her a small tea box of dried herbs, "Abbigale, I am headed to the arena. Will you take these herbs to Moma? I will not be home until dark."

The girl of 17 smiled and her blue eyes sparked and wisps of her blond hair peeked out of her rabbit fur hood. She was dressed in a long quilted, red, green, and blue tartan skirt with a linen, white blouse and over jacket matching her skirt. Layers of petticoats gave her a rounded shape at the hem of her dress. Over her shoulders was a dark navy, wool cloak. She wore brown fleece lined, leather shoes with a small quark heal. Over her shoulders were a pair of ice skating boots.

Abbigale grasped the package as she was anxious to leave the shop and join her friends ice skating at the pond in the town square,for Gladiatorial fights made her sick. She proceeded to push her way opposite the crowded main street. She rushed into a clearing at the edge of town and rushed into the back of a black wool uniform of a Jr. Squire, nearly knocking him down.

Abbigale quickly dimi-curtsied and looked down as she noticed, the red and gold crest with a dragon in the center, of Lord Redthorn, "Sorry Sir. I did not see where I was going."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:12 am 

William was quite surprised when someone ran into the back of him, nearly dropping his bag full of dragon eggs. He struggled to get a better grip on the heavy bag and keep the eggs from falling out as the bag turned out to be a bit too small for three large dragon eggs. "Sorry, milady." He said, trying to be polite while also trying to leave town as quickly as possible. He himself was tall, with dark hair and blue-green eyes, and besides his uniform coat wore leather armor as a sword hung at his side. He looked down at her for only a moment before he began to turn again to rush off out of town, not having time for this.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:22 am 

She did not understand but felt a strong compulsion to fallow the young man. "SIR WAIT UP!" She ran after him lifting her dress. It was very rare any one was polite her and he must be in some kind of trouble. No one in uniform every ran of town.

"Where are you... going? she breathlessly caught up to him and ran beside him.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:34 am 

"I am leaving. I suggest you don't get involved." William told her, knowing the dangers of what he was doing and deciding it was best not to involve her. He turned toward her a bit as he spoke though, and one of the dragon eggs could be seen at the top of the bag as he did his best to hide it but failed.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:49 am 

Abbigale looked over and saw what looked like a jewel encrusted something. Blue, red, white glimmered in the light. She was running and looked over at him carrying a sack, "If your in trouble, I want to help. Meet me at the Abby gate. No one goes there this time of year."

She did not know what he was running from or to. A soldier carrying pretty shiny objects was exciting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:56 am 

William actually had no idea where he was going to go, so he headed there against his better judgement to involve as few people as possible in his crimes. Maybe she'd be of some use or have some idea of how to care for these eggs, which as of currently threw rainbow rays of light whenever they weren't properly covered, just as fine crystal would. It made them still more difficult to hide, and he hurried faster in the hopes that no one would see. He hoped he wasn't jostling the eggs too much, but it really couldn't be helped as he assumed their fate would be far worse, just as his would be, if he was caught.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:18 am 

She handed him her removable hood. She passed to a foot path that led to the Abby graveyard. Not before stopping to pick up a handfull of flowers left on a grave of an unmarked grave. The deceased was a coven founder and destroyed in a fire before Abbigale was born. The gate was covered by an awning and the building shielded the cold. Abbigail awaited for tall and handsome young man to arrive. She saw his figure run up the opposite side of the path. As he approached he came into view, "Hello. You made it."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:28 am 

He used that to help hide the eggs better, and met her at the gate where she'd said. "Yeah. So do you know anything about these? Or how to get out of here without being caught?" He asked her. He still seemed nervous and rushed, not wanting to stay anywhere near the town. He moved the hood aside a bit to let her have a look at the eggs, since he'd apparently decided to involve her in this after all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:31 am 

Abbigale drooped her jaw, "Gaaw those are amazing. We gotta get get them far away or they will be sold. Those are worth a fortune. I heard the land of the great caves is the best place to hide. We got a long journey and rivers to cross. I am Abbigale Ruskin, my father has a curiosity shop in town. You will let me go with you? Please. I've been hankering for an adventure. Your in a heap of trouble for taking them eggs."

Abbigale extended her patterned mitten cover right hand.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 6:41 am 

"Sure, I guess. I'll probably need some help with them at some point. I'm William Redthorn." He said, taking her hand to shake it. "I don't think we can make it that far. These eggs will need to be warmed up and incubated pretty quick if they're going to hatch." He told her, remembering back on the farm when his adoptive parents had set about hatching out a batch of chicken eggs. "We can probably get out of town though, find a small place in the wilderness and warm the eggs above a fire until they hatch out."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:07 am 

She looked at him and shook her head, "The woods will be crawling with soldiers. Best we make disguises the Abby has nuns. Loose those soldier clothes. I can hide your hair in a habbit. First sight of boys clothes, I will loose this dress. Look you hide your uniform in the crypt and I will get you clothes. The monastery is too far. I see if the nuns have a knapsack for the eggs. My hood will keep the eggs warm. There is a town east we can get supplies from. My home is on the way. You can hide in the barn. Will, I hope you will let we call you Sister Margret. All the nuns are tall to clean the crucifix."

She looked at his face and was glad to see hanging on a line a patchwork quilt, and full nuns outfit and a habbit sitting in a basket, "Those will do nicely. I will join you. Hurry!"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:22 am 

William nodded, and went to change his clothes, setting the bag of eggs down to do so. He first took off his uniform jacket, armor, and the rest of his clothing that might show, then put the dress on the best he could. It was awkward and didn't fit exactly right, but it was good enough and before long he was waiting for Abbigale again, looking none too happy but at the same time not complaining. This definitely wasn't the worst that had happened to him, though he disliked the dress and there was nowhere to put his sword.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 7:50 am 

Abbigail left him to dress as she saw the Abby was empty as the nuns would be in town making rounds to the sick and poor. The set up a feast for revelers in the city. She found remittances of cooking ingredients, left over popovers, dried fruit, a silver long chained Rosery and St Christopher necklace, and 18 coins in the poor box. She faced the alter and looked up at Jesus's face, "Sorry Lord this is an emergency and I will pay you back." She grabbed an over the shoulder canvas satchel and met William as he was donning the dress. His torso was covered black and blue and his back had six large welts. "I have food. Whheo you got a wallop. I will make you some salve and pol trice. We can take the road or cross the east meadow. We will share carrying the eggs. They will be snug in this. She carefully placed the eggs around the food in the thick cloth. The blond carefully place the quilt over will's shoulders. "I won't ask or tell. I will find us some way to travel. It will be a days walk to Surryville. Your not afraid of magic are you?"

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:00 am 

"It's alright, I'll be fine." He said when she commented on his injuries. While they still ached occasionally, they felt much better already than they did when he got them and he didn't want to be a burden. "No, I guess I'm not. It can't be much scarier than their mother." He said, looking at the eggs and remembering the huge, admittedly more beautiful creature than he'd expected that had laid them. "Or my fellow knights." He said, thinking of the others, who had probably killed the mother dragon by now. He wondered if they had noticed he was gone yet. "We should get moving then." He said, picking up the satchel and adjusting it so he could carry it without making any of his bruises sore. He noted that she was quite pretty when she came close to place the quilt on him, though he didn't say anything and decided he didn't have time to think more about it at the moment, simply hoping her plan would work and they would be able to escape safely with the eggs.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:34 am 

She smiled as she slipped the Rosery around his waist belt, clasped the St. Christopher around his neck, then adjusted the winged habit over his head. Perfect fit. As for you sword. I will create the illusion of a walking stock. Is good you have a long sword, Sister Margret. You get tired holding it. I do not mind carrying it."
She looked him over and passed the garments he placed over a coffin, "Good choice. Lord Angsley treated all his men well and he was well liked by the ladies."

She placed her left hand on the sheath of his sword and spoke in ancient tongue, "Ruue van scrayin saventh form of a walking stick."

The sheath changed from highly polished silver with fancy etching to a 3" wide, 5" tall walking stick she handed him, "It will be a formidable weapon. Let's hope you never have to use it."
She walked on his left side as they trotted the meadow. She handed him a popover. I thought of the sacrificial wine but thought I took enough. A spring is half way we can rest up and I can gather tree sap and roots to treat your wounds. I know you will not admit it, your in pain and tea from tree bark is a natural pain remedy. Tell be who is William Redthorn or does he wish to be anonymous?

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:36 pm 

He simply agreed and let her do as she wanted with his sword, watching curiously as it seemed to change into a walking stick. He then began walking beside her, deciding not to protest when she offered again to treat his injuries. It was nice to have someone at least seem to care, it had been a while since anyone had. "I am William Redthorn, younger son of Lord Redthorn. I was sent to this town to train as a knight, and had things gone differently I could have expected to be a knight within a year." He said, speaking quietly even though no one seemed to be around. He made no real attempt to act the part of a woman, having always been poor at acting.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:12 pm 

She glanced at him and watched her footing, "Nice to meet you Will. Up hill a ways is McNeals farm, we can get a horse and mule if we are lucky a wagon. Do you know how to drive a team or ride bareback. I hope they have tacke and saddles in their stables.? The McNeals visit family out of town before the festival. I saw the caretaker in town this morning. I will see what we can barrow. These horses are well trained. We can get in the stables with a unlock spell. It's a short and easy spell. The magic dissipates quickly. We can enter the pasture by climbing over a few planks. These fur trees will hide us. We can remove our tracks with the branches. Sap numbs your sores. Have you hidden weapons any sharp blade will do?"

Abbigale led him to a pasture teaming with chestnut brown horses scattered in a picket fence.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:43 pm 

He took out a blade he had hidden in the dress, one that was much smaller but also much sharper than his sword, "Will this do?" He asked. For the most part following her lead. He disliked stealing from these people, but he didn't see what other option they might have, so he allowed it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 5:08 pm 

The young lady nodded and with both hands she dug the point of the dagger into the bark of a sappy fine needled tree. She collected the brown goo into a handkerchief, "This will feel sticky but you will be almost pain free. This is good for teething babies too. We need roots of last seasons berry bark. It makes a fine tea to keep us healthy. In this cold, we all the help we can get. How you holding up?" Abbigail wags the pointed end of the dagger in the air, "Don't you lie about your pain. I got to keep you well. I have three older brothers I do not let them lie about their aches."

The blond removes two carrots from the canvas sack carefully, "Now to lead the horses and check the stables."