All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:31 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Elizabeth, or Liza as she preferred to be called, sighed as she returned to the castle. She'd been out with her pets for most of the day, a varied menagerie of everything from dogs and cats and horses to tigers and other exotic creatures her father had bought for her to entertain her and keep her from pestering him too much, and she'd managed to get her dress pretty dirty - earning herself a guaranteed scolding from the aging lady who had looked after her since she was a baby. Not only that, but her father was forcing her to get a bodyguard due to the increasing level of rebel activity in their kingdom, and he was set to arrive today. She had told him that it wasn't needed, but he'd insisted, so here she was, expected to get ready and go meet the man.

She returned to her quarters to put on a fresh dress and brushed her hair, then went to meet him. Surely he'd only be a minor annoyance, and it would get her father to let her stray farther from the castle, she thought, as she walked into the main hall of her father's castle. What trouble could this glorified babysitter really bring?

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:48 am 

Drake, for all intents and purposes, was far from happy. The rebel leader, his father, had assigned him to spy on the local king and his daughter for a possible assassination attempt. He had argued heated, vouching for the option to just kill both members of royalty. It was a futile plea, as his father had pulled the "loyalties to the cause" card on him. Days later, he steered his jet black stallion, Nemesis, into the kingdom's stables. He had heard he was to assume the duties of protecting the King's daughter.

He just hoped she wasn't snobby.

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 3:00 am 

Liza was instructed to go outside and meet her new guard, so that she did. She played the part of princess well enough, walking carefully outside. "So you are to be my new bodyguard? What is your name?" She asked when she found him. He looked capable of protecting her, at least.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:25 am 

He'd dismounted even before Nemesis had stopped, throwing right leg over the horn of his saddle and jumping off. It was practiced art with him as he seem to do it so fluidly. Hearing a woman's voice, he looked up to see someone of royalty approach him. Seeing as she referred to him as her bodyguard, he assumed it was the Princess. He had to stop a groan from escaping him.

"Drake, your Majesty, Drake Hunter, It is a great pleasure to meet one as beautiful as yourself." He said with a bow, forcing himself to be courteous even though he wanted to take her life and go home.

"The past is hell. The future is what we make it to be." ~Me- Random thought that may or may not ring true.

Just a heads up, my reply speed will be rather slow for now. I haven't abandoned any rps at the moment but my ability to reply at the rate i was before has diminished by a great deal. I will get to the rps that need replys but it may be a bit in the meantime. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:31 pm 

"Thank you. You will be in charge of keeping me safe from now on, and you may call me Elizabeth, or Liza, if you like." She said. smiling a bit as she allowed the horse to sniff her. She assumed he knew what his job was going to be, however she had been told to say that part, and had herself added the invitation to call her by her name rather than her title. She kept up her "perfect princess" act, though really she would have preferred to go back to what she had been doing before.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:51 pm 

He stopped Nemesis from biting the Princess after he sniffed her. Boxing the stallion's ears, he gave a sharp, "Behave." before turning to the Princess. He gestured for her to lead the way as the stable hands struggled to carol his horse into a stall. He sighed as he found the Princess's behavior wasn't entirely natural. Vaguely, He hoped this would be over quickly.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 7:57 pm 

"He's an unruly one, isn't he?" She asked as the horse was led away, not minding so much that the horse had tried to bite her. Sometimes horses were like that. She seemed a bit less formal then, deciding she should at least try to befriend the guard. Maybe then it wouldn't be so bad having him following her around everywhere, and maybe she could then convince him not to tell her father and caregiver about the more "unladylike" things she did.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:52 pm 

"Only when he dislikes something." He said, his gunmetal gray eyes analyzing the Princess, "His father was a wild mustang so I gotta crack down on him now and then."

He called upon his magic, making his weapon harness appear. His sword and crossbow were on his back while his throwing daggers were hidden in his hooded coat. The quiver for his crossbow hung behind his back, just about mid-thigh level. He traveled fairly modestly in terms of weapons. Technically, he could be thrown in the dungeon for his weapons but that would be if he wasn't the Princess's guard.

"After you, Milady." He said, resisting the strong urge to draw his crossbow and slot a bolt, "Do feel free to do whatever you wish, I will do all within my power to keep you safe."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 9:13 pm 

"He'll get used to me, I'm sure. Maybe I'll bring him a treat later." She said. That usually worked to get the more unruly horses to like her. "You have quite a lot of weapons there." She commented to him as she walked, returning to the part of the castle grounds which housed her many animals. "Now all my animals are nice, so please don't be alarmed by them. They won't hurt me." She told him. She didn't want him getting startled by some of the more strange ones and shooting them.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:54 am 

A red-tailed hawk landed on his shoulder, which he moved to his forearm's vambrace. The hawk, one he raised from a chick, was a loyal companion to him. It would only listen to him if he called it. He was fond of it as it would help him hunt as needed. It was a tenacious companion and hadn't let him down yet.

"You won't have to worry about your animal friends, Milady," He said as he stroked the hawk with visible affection, "I have a few animal friends myself, as you can see."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:34 pm 

"Oh, he's beautiful. What's his name?" She said, looking admiringly at the hawk. She had always loved birds of prey, they were amazing creatures and she even kept a few herself. She didn't try to pet the bird though, knowing that birds in general didn't like being petted unless they knew someone very well and also had a tendency to bite when annoyed.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:56 pm 

"Selene," He said, which the hawk responded it by looking at him, "Raised her from a chick after I found her in a nest that had be ripped apart."

The hawk took off, spiraling upward before disappearing into the forest. He looked after it, a troubled look on his face. Selene only came to him without being called when his life was about to change. It was concerning to him as he was often left scrambling to uncover what was going to change. He shook his head, the troubled look vanishing as he spotted a rabbit.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:33 pm 

"A rescue? I got a lot of my animals like that, besides the ones Father got for me." She said. She watched as the hawk flew for a moment, then noticed the rabbit he had seen. She then went over and picked it up before it had time to decide to run away, scolding it softly as it struggled to escape. "He likes to get out, crazy rabbit. He's lucky he hasn't been eaten by something yet."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:20 pm 

"Hope you didn't save any squirrels," He said as he watched her with a hidden look of disinterest, "With Selene around, it's basically open season on them."

So far, his impression of her wasn't all that good. She was nice enough, and had that regal air to her. What she lacked was the mentality that screamed princess to him. It felt like he was around his best friend Stacy again. Stacy, however, was almost painfully airheaded in his opinion.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:55 pm 

"That's one of the few animals I don't have, luckily. Does she have any other preferences I should know about?" Liza asked. She decided to have any holes in the rabbit's enclosure repaired just in case, guessing Selene wouldn't exactly be opposed to eating the plump creature if she had the chance. She liked her new guard so far, they seemed to have something in common. She also liked that he didn't seem overly impressed by her presence as most of the peasants were, as she'd always found that behavior somewhat annoying. It was nice not to have to keep up the princess act as much around him, though she knew she would probably be scolded for that if her father found out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:57 am 

"She's been known to eat snakes and....."

A victorious screech from Selene was heard before she came back with a decent sized rat in her talons. She landed and tore into the rat. Drake, shaking his head, sighed as he looked at the princess. An apologetic look crossed his face as a smile appeared. He shrugged as he gestured toward the hawk with amused pinch of the bridge of his nose.

"If you have a rat problem, it's just been lessened." He said, stifling a chuckle.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:03 am 

"Yeah, they like to eat the feed we keep around here for the other animals. She's welcome to eat as many of them as she likes." The princess said, glancing at the hawk as she ate. While she loved birds, she had to admit watching one tear apart a rat was pretty gross. "Snakes, squirrels, and rats are her favorites then?" She asked.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 4:45 am 

"That's what I know she'll eat." He said, running a hand through his hair as Selene looked at him, "Yes, yes, We get you are hungry. Just get on with eating it already."

He sounded exasperated as he spoke to the hawk. Call odd to talk to an animal like a human but he did so without a second thought. Selene had always been more than a pet and an animal to him. She'd been a friend he could count on when times got bad. He loved her for that and more.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:03 pm 

"She's probably proud of herself for catching such a big rat. She's making sure you see she caught it." She said, glancing over at the hawk again and smiling. "At least she isn't trying to feed it to you. I have one that does that."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:14 pm 

"Feeding me something isn't something she's done." He said as he saw something flash twice behind the princess, "Anything she kills, she keeps."