All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:30 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jack simply flew upwards, ending up next to her in the air for a moment. "Thanks." He said, "This way, before they can try again with the net." He said, beginning to fly in the direction he had indicated. To stay in the air they had to keep moving, and he didn't think it would be wise to circle above the now hunter-infested cabin. He looked back after a few seconds to make sure she was following, readying himself to go back and fight in case she wasn't.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:36 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika flew along side Jack but at a distance since their wingspan was so wide, though they could still talk at a normal tone. Anika stayed silent though not sure what to make of the whole situation yet. Jack had helped her that was true but he could've led the hunters to that cabin in the first place. Or maybe not...it was so hard for Anika to trust others even if they were the same as her and to be honest she was nervous to meet the others that Jack had talked about.

She had grown up in isolation and wasn't good at making friends at all, Anika was fiesty and easily embarassed and hot headed too. She would rush right into a fight or do something rash when she had tried to escape from her cell back at the labs. They flew for a while before landing somewhere secluded. After landing Anika folded her wings in and looked at Jack.

"So... what now?" she asked not sure what to do or say at this moment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:48 am 

Jack circled around and landed when he saw her doing so, following her. He held his hand up to his nose, trying to stop the bleeding as he looked at her to make sure the guard hadn't actually injured her. "We go back to my place, meet up with the others.. Unless you'd like to go find yourself another cabin or something to live in, but they'll probably just track you down again eventually anyway." Jack said. He had lived like that for a while when he first escaped, in and out of the labs with his small group of fellow escapees, living out in the forest or in caves or cabins when they were lucky enough to find them.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:52 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika rubbed her arm and looked away from Jack, she had hurt him and that wasn't the intent at all.
"I'm sorry I hit you with my wing...here" she said pulling some tissues out from her jeans pocket and handing them to Jack.

She wasn't all to sure what to do now,
"I am not sure what to do...I don't want to be chased all my life and if I go alone I might end up getting caught again since I don't have anyone around...if it's not to much trouble..c..can I stay with you and your group? I'm not good at sociallzing... I grew up in isolation.... so I'm a bit awkward." explained Anika.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:02 am 

"That's alright, I was in the way." He said, taking the tissues to use instead of his hand. His face hurt, so he assumed he'd probably get a black eye or something, but it didn't seem like anything was broken. "Yeah, you can come with me. The others will most likely let you stay." He said, and shrugged, "We all were, for the most part, so that's alright. You'll get better at socializing pretty quickly, at least with us." He added. He'd been around enough of the others when they were just out of the lab to know how awkward and even scary it was for them at first, though usually they learned to fit in with the group well enough pretty quickly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:20 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika looked at Jack and smiled, she had never really smiled before but felt a sense of ease now that the hunters were gone and they weren't in immediate danger anymore. Though she still felt pretty guilty about being so defensive when he first met her,
"Uhm...I'm sorry for how I acted before....I feel all embarrassed about it.... But..I have a really hard time trusting anyone...even if they are the same as me..." she explained and twisted her hands out of nervousness.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:51 am 

"That's to be expected as well, after growing up in the lab. Most of us have some kind of trust issues." Jack said, smiling a bit in return and trying to be reassuring. "Are you alright? The hunter didn't do any actual damage?" He asked. She seemed alright, but he decided to ask just in case.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:58 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika's hand went to her throat and it was a little sore as she gasped in slight pain and winced,
"Uhm...other than my neck being a little tender no I'm ok." she said walking up to Jack.

She saw that the tissues hadn't really helped and Anika looked at him with slight concern,
"Uhm...you want to lead the way? Your nose is getting worse...I'm really sorry.." she said in a concerned voice, blushing slightly.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:02 am 

"It'll be alright, I've had worse." He said, "Still, we should probably stop in and see the doctor, make sure you're alright and my nose isn't broken." Jack said, unfolding his wings to take off. He figured she would follow and then they could continue talking as they flew. It had gotten pretty dark by now, and while he didn't usually fly at night they really didn't have much of a choice.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:12 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika was still nervous, she was still so unsure of what to do about her situation but decided it was best to follow Jack for now. Unfurling her wings she flew up to Jack and started to follow him again. Thinking to herself she should've been a bit more welcoming towards Jack when he first appeared but it was in the past and nothing much that Anika could do about it now except start being a bit more nicer from now onwards.

Anika followed Jack for a while but it was getting dark increasingly fast, she was having a hard time seeing and hoped that they could land soon.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:54 pm 

Jack seemed to be flying towards the city, the huge cluster of tall buildings and lights getting closer and closer until he finally landed near the edge, glancing back at her occasionally to make sure she was still following. The house he ended up landing near was fairly modest, and he was glad to see two cars in front of it - that meant the doctor was actually home. He turned to look at her before going to knock on the door. "Doc looks and talks like a scientist sometimes, but he's actually really nice." He said. His nose has for the most part stopped bleeding, though it still hurt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:08 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika was in a trance looking at all the lights eminating from the city, they were really pretty but that could just be because as half bird she liked shiny things. It was really hard to see because it was so dark out but the lights helped slightly, and when they both landed Anika looked at Jack.

"You trust him? He sounds suspicious..." She mummbled but still loud enough for Jack to hear.

All of a sudden her vision got blurry and Anika stumbled slightly, she put a hand to her head and wobbled more. What was going on? Anika must be very exhausted from all the things that happened today.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:24 pm 

"He gave us the house we live in, and he's been taking care of us for years now, so yeah." Jack said, giving her a concerned look as she seemed like she was about to fall over. "You sure you're alright?" He asked, he stood beside her after knocking on the door, making sure she wouldn't fall over. He wasn't sure when she'd last slept or eaten, only that nearly falling over wasn't a good sign.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:15 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika leaned against Jack, her head was dizzy and she felt weak. It was most likely due to her lack of food, she hadn't eaten in a long while. Probably what? a week?

"Uhhh.. I'm fine....just....a little dizzy...and hungry." she replied as her stomach growled loudly and made her blush a dark shade of crimson.

"That and sleep...I've never felt safe enough to sleep properly..." Anika added on while still using Jack as support.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:34 pm 

Jack looked a little alarmed, letting her lean on him, "When's the last time you ate?" He asked, knowing their kind couldn't just not eat for long periods. It just didn't go well, they'd starve a lot faster than a normal human would. Now that he looked closer, she did look considerably more underfed than was normal for his kind.
The doctor came out at that moment, a middle aged man with graying dark hair and glasses. He looked alarmed as well, seeing Jack standing there, obviously injured with an unknown girl leaning on him. "What happened?" He asked, getting right to business.
"There was a fight with some hunters. I got hit in the face, but I'm fine. Help her first." Jack told him.
The doctor decided it was best not to argue with him, and looked at Anika. "And you are? Were you hurt in the fight as well?" He asked. He didn't seem surprised at all by her wings, having lived with kids like her for years now; that had become normal for him quite a while ago.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:44 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika got even dizzier as they entered the house and the doctor came out, now since she hadn't eaten in so long as well she started to become neasous as well.

"Urgh.....I feel sick....I don't remember when I ate last......I feel so tired.....My throat hurts because I was held up by it....but I'm fine...I'm.ff...finnee.." she started to slur and fall to the floor.

Anika had felt better but not tonight that's for sure, the whole room was spinning round and round.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:55 pm 

Jack ended up picking her up so she wouldn't fall over.
"Can you eat?" The doctor asked her, as he invited them into his home. He knew she'd probably need an IV as well at this point, but didn't want to say that just yet since he knew their kind had a nearly universal hatred and fear of needles.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:00 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika squeaked when Jack suddenly picked her up, she wasn't used to this like at all. And the sudden movement of him picking her up had jolted her slightly. When the doctor asked if she could eat, Anika was going to answer but her stomach growled extremely loudly and answered for itself. Her face was still hot and red and she just shook her head yes.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:05 pm 

"Alright, we'll get you something to eat. Do you have any preferences?" The doctor said, talking with his wife briefly as they made their way through the house. Jack was sort of glad that it was late enough for the kids who lived there to be in bed, allowing him to move through the house without being bothered and set Anika down on a bed in the room where the doctor usually dealt with those who were brought to him either sick or injured.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:21 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika shook her head, she didn't care what she ate as long as it filled her up and tasted good.
"No...Just..please....food......water would be great too.... I honestly can't say when the last time was that I ate or drank anything....being on my own I get so scared that I forget since I don't want to be sent back to the labs at all..." she said in a sad tone of voice.

Her blush had diminished once Jack set her down on the bed, she wasn't used to being carried like that even though she was weak and had almost fallen to the floor. Anika didn't realize that the doctor was married, this made her feel slightly better and not so supicious though she was still very scared of the possibility of the hunters coming here and taking everyone back again...

She looked up at Jack and mumbled,
"T..Thanks."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next