All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:36 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Right, we'll get you something. You'll probably also need an IV, if you haven't had anything for that long." The doctor said, leaving the room to go get things.
"You're welcome.. Just, you need to eat. You could have died. Besides dehydrating, our kind starves a lot faster than normals do." Jack said. He understood her fears, but dying of starvation would have been no better. He did wonder when the last time she ate was, though he knew she must have at least drank within the last day or two -otherwise she would have been too near death to even get here. He watched her as they waited for the doctor to return, clearly concerned.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:48 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika froze when the doctor said IV but knew it would be nessecary, she tried calming her self down by breathing in and out and focusing on her breathing. It helped before and was something she learned while in the labs. Anika looked at Jack and smiled wryly,

"I..I know...but this is my very first time being actually out of the labs and getting away from that hell.... beforehand I was always caught as soon as I jumped the fence and ran into the woods a little...." she explained and rubbed her neck subconsiously.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 5:55 pm 

"I see. Still, escaping doesn't do much good if you're just going to die anyway." Jack said. The doctor returned with a sandwich and some juice for her, as well as the IV, which he went about setting up.
"Yeah, getting out of there is pretty difficult. I didn't even make it outside, most of the times I tried to escape." Jack said, somewhat trying to distract her from what the doctor was doing. He was pretty sure the scientists and guards had kept a specially close eye on him back at the lab, having for some reason labelled him as "dangerous."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:02 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika drooled at the sight of food, she hadn't eaten in so long and her stomach growled loudly again. She immediately dug at the sandwhich and took a huge bite out of it. It was really good too! Much better than the food that was served at the labs, not to mention they were always underfed or at least Anika was. She could never figure out why unless they wanted to keep her weak so she would never try to escape or at least never get to far due to weakness.

"Thfank Yuu.." mumbled Anika with a mouthful of food, she knew it was impolite to talk with her mouth full but her hunger overcame her senses at the moment.

Anika barely paid any attention to what the doctor was doing with the IV, Jack succesfully kept her distracted and after the doctor was done she looked at her hand. Flashbacks from the labs occured but Anika quickly brushed them from her mind when Jack kept on speaking about his time at the labs. For some odd reason it was calming hearing Jack talk and now that Anika got a good look at him, she realized that he was actually kind of cute....even with his bloody nose. She blushed slightly since these kinds of thoughts never usually crossed her mind.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:28 pm 

The doctor seemed amused as he placed the IV in her arm, "You're welcome. Make sure to drink as well, you probably need all the fluids you can get." He said. He was glad she liked the food, though he knew as well as any of them did what she must be comparing it to.
Jack seemed amused as well, mostly by her seemingly random blushing, though he was still quite concerned about her health. She was attractive, he noticed as he continued to watch her, even as she was nearly starving. "So, do you want to wait to meet the others, or should I call them over?" He asked her, deciding to let her choose, and that either way it'd be best if she stayed here for a while so she could rest and the doctor could make sure she was alright.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 7:44 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika continued to eat the sandwich pretty rapidly, soon it was all gone and the juice as well. She immediately felt better after eating and drinking something and was sure that the IV was helping as well. The doc actually seemed like a decent being as well, seeing as he used a small needle to get the IV in so it didn't hurt as much. Anika remembered that back in the lab the nurses didn't seem to care at all and kept on missing her vein entirely or causing massive bruising to her hand which took weeks to heal.

When Jack mentioned that there were others she froze slightly, not being good at interacting with people since she was raised in isolation. But Anika didn't want to be rude and so far these people were nice so how bad could meeting the rest of her kind be?

Nodding her head yes, Anika said,

"Sure...uhm...Though can I stay here? I feel a lot better but I'm sure I'd still be very dizzy if I got up."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 8:30 pm 

"Alright, I'll call them. Just the leaders for now, you can meet everyone later." Jack said. He went to go call his brother at that point, deciding it was safe to leave her alone with the doctor.
"So, what is your name?" The doctor asked while Jack was out, since she hadn't answered before. "Are you feeling better?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:28 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika nodded her head but was still very very nervous, once Jack was out of the room the doctor had asked her name. It seemed like he was just trying to help her be at ease so Anika indulged him.
"My name is Anika." She said fiddling with her hands out of nervousness again.

"I am feeling much better, although a little nervous... I was in isolation most my life, only having contact with a few nurses and doctors from the lab..."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 9:44 pm 

"My name is Dr.Ellis. It's nice to meet you." The doctor said, generally being polite. He nodded, "That's to be expected. I've met quite a few of your kind and many of them said similar things. They'll understand, I'm sure." He said. "So you've been out of the lab a little while now?" He asked, assuming since Jack hadn't gone into the lab to save her as their group sometimes did.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:06 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika shook her head,
"I've only been out a week? Maybe two? I've lost track of time..." she said.

Anika still fiddled with her hands, she was so nervous, hoping everyone would at least be polite to her even if they didn't like her. She looked up at the doctor who had smiled softly and she smiled back. Anika just hoped things went well...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:38 pm 

"I guess Jack found you just in time then." The doctor said. That seemed to be quite true, given her current state and the fact that apparently the hunters had also found her while Jack was there.
Jack returned at that point, "The others are on their way, should be here in a few minutes." He said.

A few minutes later, three others of their kind arrived, just as Jack said they would. They were led by a guy who looked very much like Jack, followed by a woman with reddish brown hair who was quite obviously pregnant, and then a somewhat younger guy with icy blue eyes and dog like ears as well as his wings. "Hello. I'm James, and this is Falcon and Eli. And you are?" Jack's brother said. The woman, strangely called Falcon, was obviously his mate as they were holding hands.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:44 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika swallowed thickly, with an audiable gulp sound. She was nervous for sure, but gathered up as much courage as she could.

"A..Anika.." she stuttered trying to gain some control on her voice which was shaky enough as it was.

Anika had to admit the man named Falcon look pretty intimidating with his icy blue stare, the woman just looked uncomfortable most likely due to the fact she was pregnant and heavily at that. Anika waited for anyone else to say something since she was at a loss for words and they had only asked what her name was.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:53 pm 

"It's nice to meet you, Anika. And you'd like to join our group?" James said. He and his mate seemed to have more authority than Eli, who stayed quiet and seemed to be sniffing curiously.
"Don't be alarmed if Eli tries to smell you. He does that, he's not trying to be creepy or anything." Jack mumbled to her, deciding it would be best to let her know that now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:03 pm 

I'm back!!~

"Uhhh... yes... to be honest I have only been out of the labs for about two weeks? Maybe less? Honestly I am not sure...but I...I don't want to impose if you don't want to accept me here.." explained Anika as she let Eli do what he did, Anika actually didn't mind, it was probably part of the genes they gave him in the labs.

Anika just hoped she could stay and that everything will work out for her...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:10 pm 

"That's alright, you can stay. You've got an empty room at your place, right Eli? We're already going to have to add on again before the next raid, so she'll have to go there." James said, half talking to her and half talking to Eli.
Eli nodded, "Yeah, we've got a place for her." He said. "You don't mind living in a house with mostly kids, right?" Eli asked her.
Jack looked strangely uncomfortable, but didn't say anything. At least they would be living in the same house, he'd be able to help her more that way, feeling responsible for her now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:19 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika shrugged her shoulders, she had always been alone and wasn't sure if she could or not but it wasn't a big deal to her anyways.

"I've mostly been isolated all my life in the labs... so I've never interacted with children before but I don't mind it." She replied, looking st Jack and his brother.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:37 pm 

"It'll probably be fine so long as you don't mind lots of questions and noise. Besides, the kids are cute." Jack said, "I'll help you out if you need it, my room's next to the one that will be yours." He added, hoping to be reassuring.
The others seemed generally understanding of that, having met others who had similar things happen, though they were all kept with others themselves back at the lab. "So I hear you two got in a fight with some hunters. How did that go?" James said, though he assumed it had gone well since they were both here and not too badly beaten up. He simply wanted to converse with her more, help to get her used to talking to more people.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:52 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika smiled softly as Jack was being reassuring and that kids were apparently cute, it didn't seem like a horrible thing at all and she was pretty excited to be around people that were friendly and caring for once and not cold and calculating just to see what would happen. When James asked about the hunters and the fight Anika looked down at the floor.

"Well it went ok since we did get here in one piece and not to banged up...but there was definetly some touch and go moments... I couldn't get away fast enough from one particular guard that's always had it out for me and he grabbed me by the neck and started to choke me...thankfully Jack was there too but I sort of hit him with one of my wings... Jack you should get your nose looked at." said Anika meekly looking up at Jack with a worried expresion on her face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:11 am 

Jack shrugged, "I'll be alright, it's not bad." He said.
"No, she's right, you should get that checked. Looks painful." James agreed, as the doctor went over to check Jack's nose. Jack winced as the doctor examined him; "Nothing's broken, so it should be fine in a day or two once the swelling goes down."
"So then you two got out of there and came here? What happened to you?" James said. Jack hadn't given him much detail over the phone, but he'd said she'd nearly passed out so the doctor was treating her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:16 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika felt embarassed that she was getting asked so many questions about herself but they didn't know her well enough yet and it was a good way to get to know each other she guessed.

"Uhm... I don't remember exactly when the last time I ate or drank anything. Until Doctor Elis gave me some food and drink when we got here. Because I felt very dizzy and light headed and almost collapsed outside the house."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next