All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:21 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jack flew over the forest as it rose to cover the base of a small mountain, scanning the land below in the fading evening light for any signs of unusual human activity. The only sound was the steady, fairly quiet flap of his wings as he flew, and as of yet he hadn't seen anything unusual. There had been rumors of a girl living alone out here filtering into the city from hikers recently, and his brother, James, had sent him out to investigate and determine whether it was one of their kind; that being people whose DNA had been spliced with birds or other animals in a lab while they were embryos, where they were then raised, giving them wings for flying and other unusual traits. While it was typical of recently escaped, alone members of their kind to take to living in forested areas after escaping from the labs-most of them had done it at some point- Jack thought it was more likely just another angry, runaway normal teenager. Still, he had agreed to go check on it for his brother, having nothing better to do and enjoying the calming flight and the adventure of searching regardless of the reason for it. Perhaps he'd even find something interesting.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 12:31 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika woke up to the sounds of the forest, the sun was filtering in through the window of the cabin she had found not in use after her escape from the labs. Grumbling and getting up Anika exited the building and stretched out everything, her arms and legs and her wings. It felt good not to be in a cramped space and she could actually stretch out her wings. Anika plopped herself down on the grass outside the cabin and laid on her back with wings outstretched. Looking up into the sky she smiled and saw the clouds filtering past her casting shadows, she inhaled deeply and was so relieved to be out of that hell hole.

Anika laid there just relaxing, she had food stocked up for a few days and didn't really want to do anything at the moment.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 1:45 pm 

Jack was nearly ready to call it a night and fly home before it got dark, however his eagle eyes locked onto some movement near a small cabin down on the ground. Instead of a deer or some other wildlife, it was definitely a human form. That in itself wasn't really worth noting, as people did sometimes use that cabin, however the figure was alone and appeared to be a girl; probably the subject of the rumors he had been sent to investigate, and she definitely did have wings. So much for the bets Jack had made with some of the others, James had been right.

Jack pulled a wing up, swinging around in the air to circle above the cabin rather than continuing on his path, preparing to land.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:55 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika spent most of the day outside, she eventually got up and went inside to prepare food but went back outside again to enjoy the nice weather. Something she hadn't been able do while in the labs. Eventually the sun set and Anika was about ready to go inside when she saw a shadow overhead. She quickly panicked and looked up hoping it wasn't anybody taking her back to the labs.

That's the last thing she wanted, and Anika ran back inside and shut the door and locked it. Then she went and hid in a cabinet in the kitchen.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 3:20 pm 

Jack wasn't sure what to do when the girl noticed him and ran, though he didn't blame her for doing so, given where she had come from. He landed and tried the door, knocking on it when he found it was locked. He didn't really think she'd let him in, but there wasn't much else for him to do besides kicking it in or otherwise breaking the lock - something he could do, but he doubted would make her any more willing to talk to him.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:16 pm 

I'm back!!~

Minutes had passed and Anika peeked out from her hiding place. No one was barging in... how odd. Usually the lab would send in soldiers who would forcibly take her back. Given that she had tried to escape numerous times. Anika debated with herself if she should go and check to see who was there, and eventually her curiousity got the better of her. Anika crawled out from her hiding spot and looked outside the window.

She saw a man, close to her she and who looked like... he had wings also? Being the curious being she was, Anika unlocked the door but kept the chain on and opened it slightly.

"What do you want? " she hissed, narrowing her eyes at the mysterious person.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:48 pm 

Jack folded his wings and called his brother to tell him what he'd found so far as he waited for her to answer, figuring she'd have to come out sometime. Even so, he was a little startled when she did. "I've been sent to see who you are.. Seems you've been noticed out here." He said, figuring it was best to be honest. "What's your name?" He asked. He was curious about her, but also didn't want to immediately flood her with questions and freak her out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:13 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika just stared at the person for a while before answering in a low type of voice. She was panicking inside her mind about how she had been noticed so far.... that's the last thing she wanted!

"Anika..."

She then became silent again not wanting to really reveal anything about herself,
"Why are you so curious?" She asked again her own curiosity getting the better of her.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:24 pm 

"Jack." He responded when she told him her name, only doing that part of the customary normal response to meeting new people; there would often be a handshake as well, however he knew people of his kind were rarely very keen on physical contact with complete strangers, especially those who just escaped the labs. He seemed surprised when she asked why he was curious, and shrugged. "I usually am, I guess. Why not? New people are interesting. And besides, it's sort of my job, for now." He answered. He seemed to be watching her this entire time, his odd golden eyes looking her over curiously.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:15 pm 

I'm back!!~

"Who sent you? I'm not going back, and I'll jump off a cliff before I do. You can't make me go back." Rambles Anika as she started to panic. She tried closing the door but didn't manage to successfully and the chain came loose. Anika panicked and ran to the room she was using as her bedroom, and started to furiously pack all her belongings.

It wasn't much but she had gathered a few items here and there over the long min that after her escape. One such thing was an old game boy, teal colored. She had one game and that was Pokémon red.
Anika didn't want to go back she hated those labs. All cold and sterile, and horrifying.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:25 pm 

"Don't panic, the lab didn't send me. They have their hunters for that, they don't need to use other experiments." Jack called after her, trying to calm her down as he moved to follow her. "I'm from a group of people like us, we heard you were living out here so I was sent to investigate." He said, assuming she had noticed his wings already and made the connection that he was an experiment like she was.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2016 6:50 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika spun around and poured at Jack,
"How do I know that huh? For all I know your brainwashed to find us experiments and take us back with bein all fake polite and all." She hissed and swung her big back pack over her shoulder and ran past him.

She's never go back, never again and it was hard for her to trust this Jack anyways. He could be lying and there wasn't anyone else but him.
Looking over her shoulder she asked him.

"How am I supposed to believe you? Oh I see your wings trust me, I know who you are. I just can't trust you." She said

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 2:05 am 

"Like I said, they have hunters, they don't need to risk losing experiments like that. Besides, my group and I do lab raids. Get people out of there when we can. You really haven't heard of us before?" He said. While he had already assumed she was from a different lab location than the one they were from and sometimes raided, experiments were often moved and did have some contact with one another, so he had thought the rumor might spread in that way to as of yet unknown labs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 8:35 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika shook her head and kept her bag close to her,
"No I really haven't... I was always secluded and kept alone." Said Anika looking sadly out the window. She instantly froze though. Anika could see four lab hunters outside the house.

"****! Did they follow you here?" She exclaimed and started to run to the nack door which flew off the handle and in stepped a big burly man. He sneered when he saw Anika,
"There you are little brat come here!" He said grabbing at Anika, who tried getting away but wasn't successful.

The man grabbed a hold of her wrists and dangled her above the ground slightly and stuck her with a stun stick. It hurt like hell though!
"AHHH!" Anika cried out as tears rolled down her fave

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:01 pm 

Jack was surprised to see the hunters there, as he hadn't heard any vehicles outside, they seemed to have just appeared. He counted the four out front, plus the one who had just grabbed Anika at the back. Jack hadn't thought to bring a gun or his sword - this was only supposed to be a mission to investigate a young girl, not some kind of fight or rescue mission, so all he had was a small pocket knife he usually carried. He drew that though and attacked the man that held Anika, trying to get the stun stick away from him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:55 pm 

I'm back!!~

The mean old guard didn't expect to be interrupted and dropped the stun gun and Anika and stummbled back a bit. Anika saw this chance to spread her wings hard and push him into a wall. He crashed into it and hit his head, hissing the man stood up and ran towards Anika, she froze slightly not wanting to go back to the labs but quickly ran over towards Jack and grabbed his hand.

"We need to go like now!" she said with a worried expression on her face, could she trust this person?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 11:05 pm 

Jack had managed to get close enough to get hit as well, and it was all he could do to not get knocked over as one of her wings hit him in the face. He swore, stumbling back a bit, but seemed to regain focus when she grabbed his hand. "Yeah, let's go." He agreed, moving towards the back door and hoping there weren't any more hunters out there. His face hurt pretty badly, and he could tell his nose was bleeding, but he decided that could wait - he didn't want to go back to the lab either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:08 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika noticed that Jack's face was bleeding but she couldn't really worry about it right now, there were four other men outside with stun sticks trying to imobolize them and take them back to the lab. Anika quickly grabbed the stun stick and gave it to Jack before pulling him by the hand and busting the back door open.

"Crap!" cried Anika as she saw two other hunters, they were closing in on them both and she still pulling on Jack's hand ran toward the cliff's edge.
"We need to jump and fly, they can't follow us then! It's useless to fight! There are too many of them."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:17 am 

Jack took the stun stick, putting his knife away and holding it out at the hunters as they went, hoping it'd make them hesitate long enough that he and Anika could escape. He followed her to the cliff, agreeing that that was their best chance to escape. "Let's just hope they don't have tranquilizers." He said, knowing there was no running for that. He let go of her hand before jumping, not wanting to hit her with his wing or prevent her from flying properly; flying while holding hands was actually pretty difficult.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 12:24 am 

I'm back!!~

"They look like they are only carrying stun batons..." murmured Anika as she dodged one of the guards.

This all seems to easy but Anika was still worried as they reached closer towards the cliff, she let go of Jack's hand and jumped off spreading her wings and falling a bit before catching wind and soaring up high. She looked back and one of the guards had a net gun and had aimed it right at Jack, still hanging onto the other stun baton she threw it at him and it jolted his whole body enough to miss Jack entirely.

"Jack! Up here!" she cried out, not knowing what else to do since she wasn't sure where to go exactly.