All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:25 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"She seemed fine until we got here, then she nearly fell over. I had to carry her in here. It was pretty worrying." Jack commented.
"Yeah, that'll happen if you nearly starve or dehydrate. That shouldn't be a problem anymore though, we usually have lots of food. It's a lot better than the lab food, too." James said. He moved over some to stand next to his mate as she sat in a chair, apparently tired.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:34 am 

I'm back!!~

"I'm sorry if I caused you any trouble Jack...I wasn't expecting to almost collapse after we were safe from the hunters." mumbled Anika looking at the floor all embarassed.

Her face was flushed and warm with a tinge of pink on her cheeks, Anika yawned loudly not realizing how tired she actually was, the IV was itching now and she tried picking at it.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:38 am 

"That's alright, I'm just glad you didn't die or anything." Jack said. "Do you want us all to go so you can get some sleep?" He asked, seeing how tired she looked. It was pretty late anyway.
The doctor simply told her not to pick at the IV, as it could cause it to rip out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:42 am 

I'm back!!~

"Tsk...its starting to itch like crazy though..." said Anika as the doctor told her politely yet firmly to not pick at her IV, she still needed it since they weren't sure when the last time she ate and had drink was. Her body needed to be healthy anyways and this was the best way, and at least Anika wasn't strapped down on a table back at the labs.

When Jack asked if they should all leave for her to get some sleep, Anika rubbed her eyes and yawned again.
"If you don't mind? I can answer more questions but it's just that I am getting really tired...I haven't been sleeping well since I've been up half the night and day being on guard so no hunters get the one up on me and I get captured again." she explained while yawning.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 2:49 am 

"They do that sometimes, I think it's the tape that holds the needle in place. Sorry." The doctor commented. He also seemed to agree that she needed some sleep.
"Alright. You should be safe here, so we'll see you in the morning." Jack said to her, as he and the others moved to leave. He decided he'd stay at the doctor's house that night, though, get a snack and sleep there since he felt too tired from his busy day to bother with flying home.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:03 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika sighed in an irritated way since the IV was really itchy, but she needed it still and tried to push the itchy feeling out of her head. She smiled and waved slightly before saying goodnight to everyone as they were leaving. She started to settle into bed, making sure she took off her sweater and just sleep in her shorts and tank top.

The bed was soft and cozy and soon Anika fell into a deep sleep, though it wasn't too long till everything turned into a hellish nightmare. Where Anika was strapped to a table and having a bunch of needles jammed into her entire body with burning liquid being injected into her all over. She screamed and wanted to get away. It seemed really real so she tossed and turned and screamed some more. Not being able to wake up yet.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 3:13 am 

Jack woke up in the middle of the night to her screaming, being the only one to hear since he had slept on the couch outside the room she was in as there were no more empty beds in the house. He jumped up and rushed to her room, half asleep but still ready for a fight - as if the hunters could somehow appear in the room she was in. Instead, he found her alone and asleep, obviously having a nightmare. He approached her and tapped her shoulder, "Hey, wake up."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:46 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika was thrashing around in the bed, in her dreams she was trying to escape the hellish dream reality but to no avail. When Jack suddenly touched her shoulder she woke up with a snap and jumped up in the bed. Almost ripping the IV out and causing pain to her hand where it was located.
She hissed out in pain and was covered in sweat as her hear was plastered to her face, she looked around in a panic before calming down when she saw Jack standing next to her.

"Ahh...Sorry that I woke you....I..I ...these nightmares are also the reason I can't sleep well...." she said looking away with another blush on on her face.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:56 pm 

"That's alright, I understand.. You should be careful with that." Jack said, looking concerned as he saw her nearly rip the IV out. He had nightmares fairly often himself, so he understood how unpleasant and scary they were. "You want to talk about it?" He asked, trying to be helpful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:15 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika craddled her hand that had the IV in it against her chest, it still stung slightly from when she was thrashing about from her nightmare. She looked up at Jack still softly blushing.

"Its just the usual.. being tied down on a cold steel table and being tested on with painful means....nothing new..." she mummbled, tears in the corner of her eyes started to form due to her being so scared.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:22 pm 

Jack nodded, "I've had that one, it's pretty bad. You don't have to worry about that now though, besides the dreams. We won't let them take you back to the lab." He said. He was still more concerned since she looked like she might cry, and tried to think of other ways to help.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:26 pm 

I'm back!!~

Everything that had piled up onto now finally broke the damn for Anika, her tears spilled over and streamed down her face in thick streams. Her shoulders started to shiver and shake and she let out a few broken sobs. Her own mind had had enough and she finally broke down, bringing her knees up to her face and curling up crying. She didn't want to make Jack uncomfortable but everything had been to much and she was tired and overwhelmed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2016 1:32 pm 

Jack really didn't know what to do then. "Oh, don't cry.. What's wrong now?" He said, hoping telling him would help, or at least he would know what she was crying about. He also offered her a candy bar he'd been carrying around, not having gotten around to eating it yesterday while searching for her. "Chocolate? It's good, at least."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 2:09 am 

I'm back!!~

Anika hiccuped and sniffled, wiping at her face with the back of her hand,

"I..I'm sorry Jack...just everything has pilled up and I just feel like I can't be strong anymore, I feel alone even though I am not and still scared...I know this is a safe place but I've been unsafe for so long its really new to me.. *hic*..." she said in a sad voice.

She looked up at him with glistening wet eyes as he offered her some candy? She hadn't had anything sweet like this before except for fruit and juices, Anika gladly took it from him and smiled,

"T..Thank you....*hic* I'm sorry for being so emotional.....mmm! this is good."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 9:29 am 

Jack smiled a bit at that, though he was still concerned for her. "You're welcome. And it's alright, you don't have to apologize." He said. He felt somewhat bad that she seemed to think she was bothering him, "Is there anything I can do to help?"

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:16 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika shrugged her shoulders and wiped at her face again,

"I'm not sure...You help by just being here...so thanks.. hehe." Anika giggled softly and smiled at Jack.

It was weird that earlier this morning she was so suspicious of him but after everything they had been through today she had mellowed out and realized that this was a safe place and she could start to live and make a life here for herself hopefully.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:35 pm 

"Alright. I'll stay here then. We can talk, unless you'd like to go back to sleep?" Jack said. He sat down, figuring he'd be there for a while unless she sent him away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:41 pm 

I'm back!!~

Anika smiled at Jack, it was nice having someone near her even though she couldn't help but blush for some reason.

"Thank you...So...do we have to do anything around here in particular to help out? or?" she asked him.

Anika didn't know if they had specific jobs to do or if they went out to get jobs and their own house or what they would do. Anika had no idea what to do now that she was out of the labs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:48 pm 

"You'll probably get a day where you have to at least help make dinner, since we all do that, and then maybe cleaning and watching the kids." Jack said, assuming she'd have to do similar things to what he had to do around the house. "Doc will probably get you into some online classes, too, since you're too old for him to have you go to school."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2016 5:55 pm 

I'm back!!~

"That all sounds like fun though, back in the labs there wasn't much given to me to do except obey and have the people run their tests on me. I'm actually excited... hehe." she giggled again.

Anika flopped back onto the bed and sighed, her hair splayed onto the pillows. She smiled large, scarcely believing that she had freedom now.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next