All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:10 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was clear that they were going to have to talk about this sooner rather than later, but for now he didn’t want to think too much about. He knew that he really liked Harry, but it felt like too much to start discussing what they were supposed to be.
“Good,” he said with a soft smile, not quite sure where they were standing now. He wanted to reach out and pull Harry in close again, but it felt like the moment was over and that it wasn’t an appropriate action anymore.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:17 pm 

For a moment, Harry allowed himself to stay silent and just look at Draco. There was already another million things building up on the tip of his tongue, that Harry felt like he desperately needed to get off his chest before they onc3e agoain could go back to interacting normally; but he was also very aware of the fact that he had just moments ago promise Draco to save it for some other time.
The longer Harry tried to suppress his worries about whatever territory they were entering, the more his fingertips seemed to itch.
"You're such a ****," Harry eventually exhaled, the corner of his mouth turned upward in a grin. In which way Draco was awful, Harry had still to decide upon.
The harshness of his words were reduced, as Harry once again crossed the distance between them with half a step; with the same movement, Harry's hands cupped Draco's face.
Harry had already leaned in by the time the conclusion to his comment came, a soft but teasing: "You're unbelievable."
Fractions of a second later, Harry's lips met Draco's.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

While Harry’s words seemed harsh at first, Draco could tell that they weren’t meant exactly that way. Sure, Draco knew that he wasn’t really on his best behaviour, but he didn’t want to discuss anything regarding their situation right now.
Hence, he really appreciated when Harry crossed the distance between them and kissed him again; a kiss he eagerly returned. It really didn’t have to be difficult between the two of them, at least that was what Draco liked to believe.
In an attempt to keep Harry close, he softly placed his hands on his hips, softly pulling him closer as he did so.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:43 pm 

Being able to feel just how willingly Draco reciprocated the kiss made Harry's head spin. He had experienced himself acting as if he had easily come to terms with the fact that Draco wanted to actually date Harry, but in reality just the feeling of Draco's grip around his hips made him dizzy.
Harry's right hand moved from Draco's jaw to the side of his neck, barely managing to break the kiss, though he didn't move away. Harry could feel Draco's pulse against his palm, making his cheeks flush as he finally blurted out a: "Let me cook you dinner."
The words were carefully chosen; while Harry had had no issue seeing Draco in public up until this point, he knew he couldn't date Draco in public.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:34 pm 

Still dizzy from the kiss and the close proximity with which they were still standing, it took Draco a moment too long to realise what Harry had just asked him. The question, while entirely fair, almost felt like a knife in his gut, seeing as it made it impossible to postpone their talk about what their relationship was supposed to be.
Rationally, Draco knew that it was only fair to tell Harry what was going on, but he feared that it would ruin their relationship before it even had a chance to start. He was just going to have to trust Harry not to panic.
“I can’t,” he said in a soft voice, still partly trying to catch his breath.
“I mean, I would love to, but...” he cut himself off, knowing that there would be no way around it now, but he stil really wanted to postpone it. “I’m going on tour.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:03 pm 

It must have been impossible not to see the change in Harry's eyes. Harry felt his heart drop at that, as a feeling of stupidity filled his chest. While Harry rationally knew this was out of Draco's hands, Harry only felt like it served to confirm what a terrible idea this had been.
Inattentively, he loosened his grip around Draco, letting his hand fall to the other's collarbone, creating a bit more distance between them while doing so.
"When are you leaving?" he finally asked, surprised to hear himself sound so unbothered about it, when he knew that was far from the truth.

Last edited by Nymeria on Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:45 pm 

Seeing that change in Harry’s eyes convinced Draco that he had ruined everything. He really wanted to work through this together with Harry, but he fully understood if Harry didn’t want to get his life complicated like that. It wasn’t going to be easy and Draco knew that it probably wasn’t going to get easier, but he really hoped that Harry was going to be willing to go on this journey with him.
“Tomorrow,” he said in a soft voice, letting go of Harry completely, not wanting to impose himself on Harry. “It’s my world tour. I’ll be back home in six months.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:39 pm 

It was almost shocking how such a brief meeting could turn into such an emotional roller coaster; by the time Draco left go of him, Harry felt more emotionally drained than he had ever been before.
His eyes met Draco's for a moment, but despite a million different things went through Harry's head, he couldn't find the right thing to say. Draco had spent so much energy convincing Harry that he wanted to be with Harry properly, making Harry feel bad for even thinking there was a possibility that Draco's only interest in Harry would be temporary. Now, standing in front of Draco telling him that he would be away for 6 months Harry felt stupid for not having stood his ground.
"Draco, then what are we even doing?" Harry's voice sounded more tired than hurt. "Why did you ask me to come?"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:36 pm 

To see all of the excitement completely extinguish from Harry’s eyes, only to be replaced by an almost tired kind of hurt really did make Draco feel like the worst person on the planet. He should have never convinced Harry to go on with this and he could only curse himself for being so selfish. He should have just let Harry be and be grateful that they were even friends in the first place. This was going to be difficult to recover from, if even possible at all.
“I honestly don’t know,” Draco admitted, not wanting to lie to Harry anymore. He had really hope that they could get this to work out, but he would also be able to understand if Harry had no interest in pursuing anything with him. “I wanted to know if this was going to be worth building on, which I think it is, but I understand if you would rather not go there.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:55 pm 

Harry desperately tried to search his brain for a final decision. Harry had changed his mind and approach so much over the course of conversation it almost had given him whiplash. He breathed in.
"This was what I was trying to say," he started, needing to put things into a context. There was nothing he wanted more than to give Draco the opportunity to interject and help him change his mind. "I don't think I'm cut out for relationships like that."
He wanted to remind Draco of Dante, who had left on a finite trip which had been prolonged into lasting an infinite amount of time, but Harry swallowed his words; that hurt was on Dante, and it wasn't fair to expect Draco to do the same. Instead, a soft smile tugged at the corner of his mouth. "6 months is a long time to go without you."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 2:17 pm 

Draco was at a complete loss of what to do in a situation like this. He knew that he really liked Harry and he wanted to be together with his like this, but he also knew that he was being very unfair for expecting Harry to just be cool with it. There was a lot of at stake for Harry after all though and he knew that he probably should have been more considerate about it.
“It is,” he said in a soft voice, not sure what much else to say. He just hoped that they would be able to work something out. “I’m sorry. I should have listened.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:42 pm 

Harry just looked at Draco, doing his best to carefully consider every option they had, but coming up short on an option that seemed viable. He thoughtlessly and briefly bit his bottom lip, having to come to terms with the fact that that must have been the first and only time he ever got to kiss Draco.
"I should go," Harry breathed, not knowing what else to say. He glanced off, making his comment sound more decisive, even though he barely knew what to do of himself. He was still looking off towards the great abyss that was Draco's front hall as he continued. "Let me know once you get back to London, yeah?"
Harry's eyes once again met Draco's, and a weak but genuine smile appeared on his lips. "I hope we can stay in touch."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:44 pm 

Despite knowing exactly what needed to happen, Draco couldn’t help but feel at a complete loss. He knew that he had blown it with Harry and that he should have listened to what he had to say, but he also knew that he wouldn’t have been able to calm down before he figured out what was actually going on with the two of them. The knowledge didn’t really help him right in that second, but at least he felt like he knew where they stood and there was some comfort in that.
“Of course,” he said, doing his best to try and remain cheerful. It was probably for the better that they were going to have some distance, but Draco couldn’t deny that he was going to miss Harry like crazy. “I’ll update you about tour life.”

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 6:13 pm 

Part of Harry wanted to tell Draco that he'd rather not hear from him at all over the course of the tour, but he visibly swallowed his own words. While that would be the wisest and most considerate to his own well being, he knew he wouldn't be able to cut off Draco completely.
"Just let me know once you're back," he repeated, though he was't sure how the repetition might be interpreted. In that moment, Harry hoped to spend the 6 months reevaluating his stance towards it all, but he also knew that window of opportunity wouldn't possibly remain open for months on end - if it hadn't already closed.
The thought of Harry already having burnt that bridge made his heart ache. He didn't know where he was going with this, having realized he wasn't entitled to a 6 months period to considerate their future. With guys like Draco, Harry knew it had to be now or never, and Harry couldn't say yes at this given moment in time. "I'm sorry our timing wasn't better."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:19 am 

“Me too,” was all Draco could think to say, feeling completely at a loss of how to handle the situation. He also felt like an utter tool for not waiting until he was back from tour to make his feelings towards Harry known. It was unnecessary and he should have known better than to behave like that. It hurt to see Harry in such a state of turmoil, especially when he knew that he was the cause of it.
Dating was never going to be easy for Draco, but he had hoped that he could get something to work out together with Harry. Their friendship had been moving with such ease and Draco had, naively, thought that that could translate into a romantic relationship as wel. It was stupid and he knew it.
“You take care of yourself, yeah?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:19 pm 

The last 6 months seemed to have inched by but then, the moment Draco was back in his life, time seemed to have sped up immensely. The last hours had gone by without Harry even registering their passing. Coffee and catching up with Draco had turned into a continuation at Draco's, and one glass of wine had turned into a bottle. Harry had ended up spending much longer with Draco than initially intended, yet he found that the hairs on his neck still stood when he turned to eye the other. Harry could hardly believe Draco was once again sitting here with him.
Harry, sitting on Draco's couch, had just refilled his glass of wine; he turned to empty the remains of the bottle into Draco's without even considering asking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 3:57 pm 

Tour life was always crazy.
This was something Draco knew, yet he hadn’t found tour life nearly as crazy as he found his current situation. He had honestly believed that he had burned all bridges with Harry, yet here they were, sharing more than a couple of glasses of wine. It was nice and he had honestly ready missed the ease with which he hung out with Harry. It was something he knew he could get used to very easily and he honestly didn’t know whether or not it was a bad idea.
“Anyway,” Draco stated, finding that he had been speaking about himself and his tour for ages and hardly heard anything about Harry. “What have you been up the past 6 months?”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2018 5:00 pm 

Harry huffed out half a laugh at that, leaning back into the sofa.
"I've told you," he said, turning slightly in order to rest his back against the armrest. Harry had very intentionally kept the conversation about Draco, after all finding the other far more interesting. "Work and parenthood, then summer vacation and parent hood, and now back at work and parenthood. 6 months go by quickly once you're caught up in a rutine."
As he took a drink, he knew he was lying. Harry couldn't remember any other time in his life where 6 months went by so slowly. "Teddy's great; we went to Ron Weasley's parent's house for the summer. Teddy's French cousins visited, so he practiced that a lot, so he's doing great back at class-"

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 4:08 pm 

“Not that Teddy isn’t interesting,” Draco interrupted, looking at Harry with a soft expression on his face. He knew that it probably was stupid, but he had missed Harry so much and he just really wanted to hear more about him.
“But I would honestly just like to hear more about what you have been up to,” he said with a warm smile, before taking a sip from his wine. “You must have had something going on in the past six months.”

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:28 pm 

Draco's interruption brought a soft but almost tired smile to Harry's lips. While Draco hadn't been unfair to shift the focus back onto Harry, Harry himself didn't know how to start, nor even if he should start at all. With a slow exhale, Harry took a drink, before once again shifting his position far enough that he could place his glass onto the coffee table. "Dante came back."
Harry's voice had been matter-of-factly, and his gaze wasn't that much different as he once again met Draco's eyes. "I don't know how much I've told you about him," he said, not sure if he had told Draco anything at all, besides the fact that he had been gone. Harry looked at Draco, pausing for a moment before continuing. He once again rested his back against the armrest. "He came back over the summer. Teddy spent a week at his grandmother's, and in the mean time Dante and I broke up."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 23  Next