All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:50 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Don't you just love London at this season?" He asked, mostly thinking out loud, but also willing to hear Harry's thoughts on London in autumn. London would probably almost feel like home to Draco, even if he had travelled a lot, and had lived in a lot of different places over time. Sure, he had enjoyed most of the places he had lived, but London would always have a special place in his heart, especially when the leaves were falling like this, and the stores were decorating for Halloween.
"It really seems like this was what London was supposed to look like."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:18 pm 

Though Draco was referencing the weather around them, Harry's eyes instinctively found Draco.
"Oh, yeah, I guess," he eventually answered a bit absentmindedly. He could hear that he hadn't thought about the season and the city in the same way Draco had, and Harry had a hard time pretending otherwise.
After a longer pause, Harry finally looked away from Draco, trying to see the city through the other's eyes. Harry was a PE teacher, and preferred the milder climate the early summer months offered, but he could see a certain charm in the oranges around him. "It's nice."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:32 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco smiled at that, having always found Autumn to be the most beautiful season. He always felt the most inspired to write in Autumn, but he also knew that he had to get his things finished while it was still Autumn, because once winter came, all kinds of energy disappeared from him.
"Look at me, rambling on about the city," he said while shaking his head. He buried his hands in his pockets, not because they were cold, but mostly just to have something to do with them. "You can just tell me to stop blabbering if I go off on a tangent. I tend to ramble a lot, because I usually don't see a lot of their people than Hermione and Pansy."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 8:04 am 

"Oh, no, don't worry," Harry awkwardly dismissed Draco's words. It wasn't a bother at all - actually, quite the contrary; Draco had just as nice a voice when speaking as when singing, and Harry didn't want to say anything that would discourage Draco from speaking.
Harry once again looked back at Draco, and though it was initially ment to be just a glance, Harry couldn't drag his eyes off of Draco. "Pansy from school? You're still in contact with her?"
Back in school, Harry would have considered Pansy a friend, though he knew it was a circumstantial friendship. Of course, Pansy was closer to others while in school, but Harry had the first few years after graduating cussed himself out for not having kept in touch with her.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:00 pm 

Draco nodded at that, having forgotten that Harry knew Pansy as well. He knew that they hadn't been in touch since high school, but Harry and Pansy were always friendly back in school, but things like that does tend to die out. It did surprise him that Harry didn't seem to know that Pansy was a designer though, seeing as she was just about as famous as he was, but maybe Harry just wasn't enough into fashion to notice.
"Oh yeah. We work together quite closely," he said with a soft smile. He had always loved getting to work with his best friend, especially when it meant getting to bring her places. "She is doing quite well for herself, being a big name designer and all."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:54 pm 

"Oh, wow." Hearing that shouldn't have come as such a surprise as it did. It made perfect sense that Pansy would have great succes too, and Harry almost felt embarrassed about not knowing about her success. "- that's great. I, uh, didn't know that."
Harry's addition was said with self irony and a toothy grin, as he momentarily ducked his head, before once again meeting Draco's eye. After all, it was just as impressive as Draco making it big in the music industry. "You must congratulate her for me next time you see her."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:24 am 

Draco smiled and nodded at that, even if he knew that it would feel a little silly. Pansy got famous just around the same time he did, getting her big break almost fresh out of high school. It had been so natural for them to work together, and he was thankful that he had had her to support him through it all, just like he had supported her as well.
"Will do," he said, knowing it to be true. Pansy already knew that he had reconnected with Harry, and he always wanted to tell her about him, even if she mostly wanted to strangle him for it. "Won't be for a while though. She's in New York for their fashion week, probably bossing people around and showing them that she still got it."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 4:44 am 

Harry raised his brows at that, unable to hide his amazement - however little Harry knew about high fashion, he did know about New York fashion week.
"It's absolutely insane what some of you have achieved in just a couple of years," Harry exhaled with a laugh. Time was such a relative thing, and while college had to Harry felt like he barely had time to call home, Pansy and Draco had made a name out of themselves in some of the hardest fields to excel at. "Absolutely amazing."

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:15 am 

Draco knew that he was fairly accomplished, especially compared to most people his age, but he didn't really think too much about it. It was just his life, and it had been his life since he was 18. It didn't really help, on his sense of normalcy, that Pansy had been right there with him all the way. It just furthered the idea that it was nothing he should think too much about.
"I mean, you've accomplished quite a bit yourself. Custody of a child is a big deal, a bigger deal than any kind of fame," he said, and he honestly meant it. He found parenthood much more impressive than any of the things he was doing, even if he knew that people probably would disagree. It was a weird thought to him though, because he was simply doing what he loved, and he was just lucky enough that other people loved it too.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:21 pm 

Harry just shrugged at that, looking away as he did. It already felt pointless arguing against it - Draco didn't seem willing to change his mind - but Harry couldn't help but exhale an: "Any idiot can have a child."
It was an exaggeration; Harry knew that when he looked at the other with a grin, but it was hard to take the conversation serious. Draco thinking parenthood was a bigger achievement than fame reminded Harry of how fame inevitable changed one's perception of the world. That realisation was more cynical than Harry had expected from that context, and as his smile faced, he shrugged the last of it off before once again looking down the street.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:44 pm 

Draco shook his head at that, because he knew that it wasn't true. Or, sure. Everybody could have a child, but not everybody could raise one. Draco didn't really knew a lot about Harry's life, but he figured that he was a good parent. That was at least the impression he had gotten from talking with him.
"But any idiot wouldn't take in a child that wasn't theirs, and raise it with love and care," he stated, not allowing Harry to back away from the compliment. It was admirable what Harry had done, and Draco felt that he should get appreciated for it. "I am just saying. I am not sure that a lot of people would have done the same, had they been in your situation."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:38 am 

Harry opened his mouth to protest, but decided against it in the last monent; instead, he shook hus head and glanced away. It felt overwhelming and slightly awkward being complimented on something as simple as that, and Harry didn't know how to respond.
"Really though," he eventually exhaled, carefully looking back at the other after speaking, "- he's a good kid and very independeth. The hardest part it over."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 3:35 pm 

Draco smiled softly at that, happy to hear Harry talk about his son. It was comforting to know that Harry had a good life, and that he was doing what he could to raise this child as his own. It made Draco happy.
"How old is he?" He asked, not certain if Harry had told him before, and feeling slightly bad about that. However, he would rather ask once more, than just assume that he knew anything.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2016 6:10 pm 

"Seven," Harry answered softly as he looked at the other with a smile; however, the eye contact quickly felt like he was intruding, and instead, he once again looked forward.
"We're, uh -" he spoke, glancing at his wrist watch "- we're actually heading to his primary school. He's doing some extra curricular French a couple of afternoons a week -"
Harry once again looked at Draco, unable to keep the smile of his face. Teddy was such a determined, serious child and Harry saw overwhelming similarities of the child's biological father in him. Harry was unable to hide his pride, his words a laughing exhale. "He insisted on taking French classes so that he can speak French with his cousin, even though she speaks perfect English."

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2016 12:34 pm 

It was nice to see Harry talk about Teddy, and equally great to hear about him. He sure sounded like an excellent kid, and it only confirmed what Draco already thought about Harry as a parent. It was an incredible feat in Draco's eyes, especially in such a young age, and he honestly admired Harry for doing it.
"That sounds like one smart kid, it's always a good thing to know more than one language," he said with a shrug, knowing it from personal experience. He spoke French fluently himself, together with a handful of other languages, but there was no need to mention that.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:11 am 

"It is," Harry agreed without hesiation. Talking about Teddy was so easy, abd Harry was unable to keep a smile off his lips when he once again turned to look at Draco. Though Harry expected Draco to disagree, Harry knew Teddy's brains came from bature and not nurture.
"That's got nothing to do with me, I flunked Frenh back at school," Harry added witt a crooked grin.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2016 12:01 pm 

Draco only shook his head at that, not entirely certain how true that. He was certain that Harry was highly intelligent, even if he didn't speak French. After all, your linguistic abilities didn't necessarily say anything about your level of intelligence.
"You're the one who is raising him though, so you must be doing something right," he stated with a soft shrug.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 3:47 pm 

Harry couldn't help but smile at the ridicule of the situation; it seemed like Draco wasn't allowing Harry to make a point.
"You know -" he said, as he glanced down the street before crossing. "You compliment me a lot for someone who hasn't seen me in 7 years."
Once again, Harry's eyes found Draco's, a crooked grin on his lips. "None of this is justified."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:39 pm 

Draco only shrugged at that. He knew that he was laying it all a little thick, and that he really had no way of knowing if Harry still was a good guy, but he honestly had no reason to believe the contrary. He felt that he could stand by his praise, and was also fairly certain that Harry wasn't going to prove him wrong.
"Sure, I may not know how you have changed during the past 7 years," he said, turning his attention fully to Harry. "But I know how you were 7 years ago, and I have a hard time believing that you have changed dramatically."

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2016 5:51 pm 

Harry laughed at that. A lot had happened since high school; maybe not on as big a scale as adopting Teddy, but small changed which eventually had accumulated.
"A lot happened in college, mate," Harry breathed with a smile, once again meeting Draco's eyes. He had come out as bi within his first year of college - which was only confirmed as his heart fluttered by the sight of Draco in the icy fall light.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 23  Next