All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 2:47 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It was hard to stay interested in what the rest of the people had to say, but Draco really tried, mostly because he knew that Pansy would kick his ass if he didn't at least looked interested. His eyes lazily scanned the crowd, when he suddenly caught eye contact with another counsellor, the one he recognised as Harry. It was surprising, because he had seemed interested in the other people just moments before, but now he seemed to be staring at Draco. It was a little eerie.
Normally, he would glare, not appreciating people staring at him, but he knew that Pansy was keeping a keen eye on him, so he flashed the guy a brief smile, a mere lift of the corner of his mouth, before he looked to the person talking. It was a black girl with wild hair, and she was teaching a class on edible plants in the forest. He feigned interest in her and the rest of the counsellors.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:51 pm 

Harry was visibly surprised by the fact that Draco met his gaze across the blurry distortion the heat from the flames caused in the air; he instictively straightened his back a bit, before returning his smile. The crooked smile momentarily bared Harry's teeth in a toothy grin, but the other had quickly turned his attention elsewhere.
In spite of that, the smile remained on Harry's lips, before he himself turned to his left, trying to engage in the conversation that had taken over in place of the introduction round; however, he was seemingly unable to concentrate, as he had other things in mind.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:01 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco had been sleeping poorly ever since his break-up with Blaise, and the changed environment didn't help on that. At around 15 minutes to 5 in the morning, he had given up on trying to sleep, seeing as the sun had started to rise, and he knew that he wasn't going to get any sleep anyway. He had gotten dressed, and had decided to venture down to the lake, figuring that that would be a peaceful place to start the day.
The forest was quiet, seeing as no one else were awake yet. It was a little lonely, but Draco needed to collect his thoughts before spending the entire day with strangers.
He sat at the edge of the dock, enjoying the view of the lake, and the slowly rising sun. His feet almost touched the surface of the water, but he knew that his shoes would be able to handle the water, so he didn't care much about it. A part of him almost regretted not bringing his sketchbook, but another part of him just wanted to take in the sight, and not having to think about anything for a while.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:56 am 

Harry found that life was better when he woke with the sun; this was, however, limited to the weeks he spend at camp, seeing as it never felt possible the months of the year when he was caught in a school rutine. Camp schedule was looser and with the short summer night, Harry got a million things done in the early hours of the morning.
Today he knew he was going to have an active morning and had passed through the kitchen after a thermos of coffee. He wanted to go through the boats in case there was any leaks that needed fixing before the kids arrived.
He had walked with his head in the clouds, attempting to figure out the best plan of attathefor the task ahead, and only noticed the silhouette on the dock when it was a couple of yards ahead. Harry easily recognised the other as being Draco by the lightness of his hair, and Harry once again caught himself admiring how it reflected the early sunshine.
"Goodmorning," Harry eventually heard himself say, before walking up in the dock. "You're up early."

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2016 1:34 pm 

Draco jumped at the sudden sound of someone's voice, having not expected anyone to be up at this hour, much less that anyone would have left their cabin. He turned around, and was faced with Harry. Honestly, it shouldn't come as a surprise that Harry would be by the lake, seeing as he taught the watersport classes, but yet Draco still found himself surprised by it. It seemed strange that other people would brave the forest at this early hour, especially seeing as Harry seemed very chipper and ready to face the day.
"So are you," Draco stated, having forgotten all about manners for a moment. Harry's comment hadn't been prompted as a question, as why are you up so early? Yet Draco still felt like he was being intruded on. He had hoped that he could get a few quiet moments to himself, but now he had to deal with the other counsellor, whether he wanted it or not.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:13 am 

There was a crooked smile on his lips as Harry exhaled a simple: "Yeah." There wasn't really any getting around it, and uncertain what kind of conversation Draco wanted to have - if any - Harry turned his eyes towards the lake. "I like being up early."
To accompany his late addition, Harry once again glanced towards the other. It didn't particularly look like Draco was voluntarily up this early, but the other didn't come across as chatty, so Harry didn't ask.
"I'm gonna look through the kayaks," he said as a final explanation, finally moving his eyes from Draco to nod in the general direction of the large storage shed a couple of yards down the lakeside; this also proved that Harry had gone slightly out of his way to greet the other a good morning.
"I meant it, before -" Harry eventually continued, his voice soft as he was unsure if he was intruding. "If you're feeling restless you can borrow anything you like. It's nice out on the lake now."

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:42 am 

Draco mostly wanted to be alone, to be perfectly honest, but he couldn't deny that there was something endearing about the other, and he appreciated the offer; even if he didn't plan on taking him up on it. Draco had never been much for physical activity after all, other than his weightlifting, but that was different. He had no desire to fool around on the lake, in some kind of contraption that he didn't know how to control.
"Thanks, but I'll pass," he said, returning his attention fully to the low sun hanging over the lake. It really was quite beautiful out here, even if he still hated Pansy for making him go there with her. Hopefully, he would be able to catch some very nice sunrise shoots to use for reference in his art later.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:05 pm 

Even after Draco looked off over the lake, Harry's eyes lingered at the other. Though Harry's mind told him that the blond should be out of his element on this summercamp dock - for Christ's sake, the guy looked like he should be on a runway - Harry couldn't deny the fact that he was visually in his element. Draco looked absolutely stunning in the early morning light, and it was reluctantly that Harry looked off in the opposite direction.
"I'm gonna get started," he said, vaguely aware of the fact that Draco would only be relieved by that statement. "Just let me know if there's anything," Harry added, feeling somewhat responsible as a second-year counsellor to provide any help Draco might need.
After another moment of silence, Harry finally moved, once again eyeing the other with a soft smile, before turning around and walking back up the dock.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:39 pm 

Draco nodded softly at Harry's words, but didn't look at him. It was a little annoying that the other was around, but he figured that there was nothing he could do about it. After all, it made sense that Harry had to check all the boats before the kids arrived. In that way, it was easier to be an art teacher. He had brought a lot of his own supplies, so even if the quality the camp offered was lackluster, then his students wouldn't have to suffer for it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 2:53 pm 

Harry had been chatting with Neville when his name was called; upon hearing it, he briefly reached out to touch the other's upper arm, before joining his newly announced team mate by the tables that had been set up.
The team building exercises were about to begin, and though it had been great fun last year, Harry wasn't sure how he felt about being paired up with Draco. Harry couldn't help but feel like the other was less than interested in his company since they their talk at the dock that morning, and he was having a hard time figuring out if that degree of disinterest was only directed at Harry.
"So how to you want to do it?" Harry finally asked softly once the task ahead had been explained to them. He turned to look at Draco, figuring it would be easiest and smoothest to let the other take the lead. "You wanna guide or be guided?"

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:59 pm 

Normally, Draco wasn't huge on teambuilding challenges, but once they were shaped as a competition, he simply couldn't resist. He had always been incredibly competitive, which honestly had been the cause to most of his fights with Pansy, seeing as she was just as bad as him. He was, however, also a sore loser, and a horrible winner, so he was usually not allowed to participate in competitions. Thankfully, Pansy was just as awful as him, and would never stop him from competing. It was going to be hell, but he was excited, even if he had to been on team with Harry. He had nothing against the guy, but he would have preferred to team up with Pansy or even Nott. It would just feel less weird to yell at them.
"Are you good at taking orders?" He asked, not letting his excitement show. He didn't want to be labelled as a weirdo just yet. "Because I am not, so it would probably be for the better if I guide."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 4:57 pm 

Harry couldn't help but smile a crooked, little grin at that, even if he wasn't sure if the other had been joking when he said it.
"I can be," he answered Draco's question, his smile softening into a more polite one, as he slightly shifted his stance for a moment, before they were invited to take a seat. Harry moved around the table to the chair, and in preparation to be blindfolded, he raised his hands to take of hiss glasses.
"That's not fair," Harry heard Ron protest, and upon hearing the voice of his friend, Harry instinctively turned towards it. "Harry's practically blind as is, that's an unfair advantage-"
"Would you look at that," Harry interrupted Ron, as he had finally taken of his glasses. After blinking a time or two he continued, a grin in his voice: "I can still see your dumb, freckly mug, Weasley."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:54 pm 

Draco didn't want to get involved with the shenanigans of the other counsellors. He was in full competition mode by now, and all he could focus on was how he was going to win this challenge. God, he just had to hope that Harry was even remotely good at taking orders. Otherwise he was ****ing, and he hates losing due to the fault of others.
He grabbed the blind fold, and bound it snugly around Harry's head, effectively covering his eyes. "Do I even need to ask you if you can see?" He asked, vaguely referring to the earlier statement made by the redheaded counsellor, who's name escapes him. "Or was your friend exaggerating how bad your eyesight is?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 5:49 am 

Now that he was blindfolded, Draco's words sent a chill down Harry's spine. It was absolutely overwhelming, especially being aware of the other's presence behind him; slightly helplessly, Harry turned his head towards the sound of Draco's voice.
"I, um-" Harry stuttered, completely and unexpectedly flustered by the situation. "- I'm really nearsighted, so depends."
It was an awkwardly clinical answer compared to what was going through his head, but Harry didn't know what else to say about it.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 2:28 pm 

Draco hummed softly at that, as he adjusted the blindfold softly. He didn't want anyone to be able to suspect cheating. Sure, he loved winning, but there was no fun in it, unless he won fairly, and because his team was the best. He liked being the best after all.
"That didn't answer my question," he said in a soft voice, not seeing the point in raising his voice too much. After all, no one but Harry had to hear what he was saying. "Can you see through the blindfold? Or do i have to adjust it?"

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:37 pm 

Harry's breath got stuck in his throat, and he made a little, stuttering sound in an attempt to hide it. Draco's touch and voice overwhelming, and the combined embarrassment of his reaction and his faulty answer made a heat creep up his neck.
"No, I can't," Harry muttered under his breath, afraid that his voice would crack if he spoke any louder; that, and the fact that he could feel Draco's heat against his back, knowing that the other was close enough to hear him mutter.
Harry's reaction to the softness of Draco's words and touch had completely caught him off guard, and had left him with a dry mouth and an elevated heart rate, and he had no damn explanation as to why.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:04 pm 

Draco hummed softly at that, and removed his hands from Harry. He had a strategy, and as long as he could get Harry to follow along with it, then they would win this thing. It was a fairly easy challenge after all, as long as Harry had somewhat calm hands, and wanted to take orders.
"I am going to need you to focus on my voice. There is going to be a lot of noise soon, but you need to tune in on my voice, and ignore the rest," he stated, leaning down a little too close to Harry, but he just wanted to make sure that he could hear him, without having to speak too loudly. "I am going to be very throughout in my instructions, so you have to really trust me, and focus on what I am telling you. Can you do that?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:42 pm 

Harry was immensely relieved by the fact that Draco was no longer touching him; if only his voice and the knowledge of his proximity had Harry's hands shaking like this, he didn't dare to think how he would have reacted if Draco's hands were still on him. Harry knew Draco was still close to him, and while he attempted to hide how much his hands were shaking by fidgeting with his watch, it was far harder to calm his breathing to hide the speed with which his heart was beating.
"I guess," Harry muttered, before he moments after bit his bottom lip. Suffering under the lack of vision, Harry had no real sense of how Draco was reacting; to Harry, it felt like his body was reacting to Draco in a painfully obvious way, but if that was something the other noticed, Harry couldn't tell.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:43 pm 

Draco was totally focused on with winning this thing, and didn't notice anything else going on. He simply had to win, for no other reason than winning. He would be in a bad mood for the rest of the day if he lost, and he would rather not get a reputation as a sore loser, even if it was the truth.
"Good. This is all about trust after all," he stated, hoping that Harry actually was good at taking orders, and trusting near strangers. Some of the teams were really unfair, seeing as he could tell that a lot of them already knew one another, and thus could trust each other more easily. He wasn't going to let that him down though, and he was certain that he could get Harry to do as he wanted him to. It was just going to be a matter of being stern enough.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:18 pm 

Suffering under the unexpected intimacy of this lighthearted, cake-decorating team building effort, Harry felt like his whole body was trembling in expectation of what Draco was going to say next. It was an awful sensation, especially because he had a hard time connecting Draco's words to what Harry knew was happening around him. Why he had to trust the other in this, he didn't fully know, but it made his heart sit in his throat.
"Are you gonna be mad at me if I screw up?" Harry eventually had to ask, his voice a breathless laugh, as he blindly turned his head slightly towards the sound of Draco's voice. Things were becoming fairly intimidating very quickly.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next