All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2018 2:02 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco had immediately noticed how close they had to be sitting for there to be room on the bench, but he couldn’t really find it in himself to mind. He did enjoy Harry’s company and he found that he didn’t mind their close proximity.
“I am almost tired enough to mindlessly agree to that,” he said in a soft voice. This was really taking it’s toll on him and he hoped that he would soon get used to working with the kids. It was all very new to him and he had absolutely no former experience with this kinda thing. “But I don’t want to drown, so I think I might have to postpone.”

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:17 am 

The distance seemed even smaller when attempting to carry a conversation, and Harry found that he had to lean forward over the table before turning to look at Draco in order not to stare directly into the other's cheek. Harry rested his left elbow om the table, turning slightly to his right in order to again meet Draco's eye.
"I might have been too subtle, but the offer was actually to go kayaking with me," he answered, a grin toying at the corner of his mouth. "And I trust you know I'd never let you drown."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:05 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Even if it probably wasn’t meant to sound like that, Draco couldn’t help but hear a slight flirting tone in Harry’s voice. He knew that Harry was just a counsellor and probably was qualified as a lifeguard as well, but it almost felt too intimate for him to promise that he wouldn’t let Draco drown.
“I know that,” he said in a soft voice, wanting to keep his promise, but he was too exhausted. “And I promise that I will go kayaking with you. Maybe tomorrow?”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 1:51 pm 

Harry shook his head at that, pushing some lasagna onto his fork with a piece of bread. "Mornings are nicer, yeah, but don't you think you'd be better off sleeping in?"
Harry once again turned his head towards Draco, sending the other a gentle smile before raising the fork to his lips.
Having to raise his forkef hand to his mouth as he chewed, a tease made its way to his eyes. "You can tell me no, I can handle rejection."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:24 pm 

Draco shrugged at that, knowing that he rarely managed to sleep in anyway, so he could just as well use his mornings in a more productive fashion. Sure, he wasn’t super keen on actually going kayaking with Harry, but he did want to spend mor time with Harry and he figured that that would make him happy.
“Don’t worry, if I wanted to reject you I would’ve done that already,” he said in a soft voice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:28 pm 

Harry's smile slowly but surely changed nature and by the time it once again bared his teeth, there was an unmistakable smug air about it; Harry was very pleased by Draco's phrasing.
"I take it you get all sappy when you're tired?" he commented, both his voice and smile reflecting a tease. "Because I'm fairly sure it's taken me some harassing you for you to even consider going kayaking."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:32 am 

Draco shrugged at that, a soft smile on his face. He knew that he had been showing quite some resistance, but he just didn’t really like doing things that he doubted he would be good at. He didn’t like to make a fool of himself, especially not around people he didn’t know that well.
“Maybe I have just taken pity on you.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 3:51 pm 

Harry's eyes remained on Draco for another long moment, before he once again smiled and raised a piece of bread to his mouth.
"I have no issue with that," he admitted, his voice good-humoured. If Draco was serious, then there were worse possible motivations, but as Harry watched as he finally ate the piece of bread, he highly doubted that Draco was so against spending time with him as he made it appear. "I'll take what I can get."

Last edited by Nymeria on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 10:43 pm 

Despite himself, Draco found himself smiling widely at that, just really enjoying how down to earth Harry was about the entire situation. He was a really good guy and Draco just enjoyed spending time together with him.
“Nothing sexier than a low-effort man,” he said with a crooked grin, before taking a sip from his water.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:19 am 

Among the things Harry had expected to hear over a camp lasagna, being called sexy was definitely not one of them, and his grin inevitably reflected that. Harry looked equal parts confused and pleased.
"Oh, yeah, I'm very easy to please," he countered, the tease remaining in his voice. There was a small twitch in the corner of his mouth, his teeth one again baring in a grin. "'d rather put in a lot of effort into pleasing others."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:12 pm 

The entire conversation was ridiculous, something Draco could tell that both of them could thought. It was all in good fun though, at least that was what Draco believed and nothing in Harry’s demeanour implied differently.
He was unable to stop himself from snorting at the comment though, accompanied by a soft shake of his head.
“Oh yeah?” He asked with a crooked grin, turning his attention to his food again. “I will keep that in mind.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:40 pm 

While Harry had left dinner yesterday feeling reassured that Draco finally had decided on joining him for a trip around the lake, Harry felt considerably less certain the morning of. Other than over dinner, they hadn't talked much about it; Harry had left his change of clothes at the dock to instead follow the lake bed a couple of yards down to the storages hed, but upon reaching it, he wasn't sure if he should pull out two or if he should spare himself the trouble.
It was, however, a nice morning and as Harry, barefooted and in his wetsuit, stepped backwards into the lake with the first kayak in hand, he realized just how much he hoped Draco would get to experience it with him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:26 am 

It really had mostly been the exhaustion speaking when he had agreed to go kayaking over dinner last night, however, this morning, Draco had found that he way almost excited to get this experience with Harry. He didn’t really know what it was, but he simply really enjoyed his time with Harry and he felt like this would be a nice way for them to spend time together.
That was at least what he told himself, as he was walking down towards the lake in the early morning; as he had done so many times in the past. It was with a sense of familiarity he saw Harry standing by the lake in his wetsuit and the sight brought a soft, almost tentative, smile to his lips.
“Good morning.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:17 pm 

Harry turned at the sound, straightening his posture as he did. A smile immediately lit up his features, and it almost looked like it grew another inch wider upon meeting Draco's eye. "Good morning, mate. 'Sgood to see you."
His voice was airy, underlining the fact that Harry still found Draco's pressence to be unexpected. In an attempt to ground it, Harry once again took a couple of steps back towards the lake shore and the other standing by it. "Feeling brave this morning?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:24 pm 

“Please don’t make me regret this already,” Draco said with a soft smile, getting the feeling that Harry hadn’t expected him to show, even if he had promised. Sure, Draco was beginning to wonder if this even was a good idea in the first place, but he mostly felt good about his decision. He trusted Harry, perhaps a little but too much, but only time would tell.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:42 pm 

Harry grinned at that, glancing down to watch his steps as he approached Draco.
"You're gunna love it," he said once he reached safe ground, meeting Draco's eye once more. The closer Harry had gotten, the more his smile had softened, and now, standing properly in front of Draco, Harry's smile was warm and patient, prepared to help Draco every step of the way. "It's just getting in that's intimidating."
After another brief moment of consideration, Harry reached forward his hand, offering Draco the thing black cord he carried in his hand. As Harry moved his arm forward towards Draco, the kayak moved, too. A twitch in the corner of his mouth made Harry appear to be grinning. "I've talked a big game about this whole thing, so trust me when I say I'm gonna make sure you enjoy your morning by any means necessary."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:33 pm 

The entire situation was deeply intimidating to Draco, but Harry’s boyish grin made him feel a lot better about the situation. He knew that it was silly, but he trusted Harry and wanted to do this with him. It might be very scary to him, but he did feel that Harry wouldn’t allow him to get hurt.
He accepted the cord, his fingers brushing against Harry’s as he did so, and tried to not look as scared as he was feeling. The soft light of the morning really made the entire situation feel a lot more intimate then it probably was, but Draco didn’t want to make too much of it. They were just close friends and that was all it was going to be.
“Glad that you’re going to make this worth my while.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:18 pm 

Harry's grin widened into a proper smile. If someone were to ask him, he would say Draco is building this up to be much scarier than necessary, but there was something deeply touching about the levels of trust Draco was exhibiting by just agreeing to try. "Go along then; I'll get a second kayak out and I'll help you get in from the dock."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:04 pm 

Draco nodded at that, not even sure why he was so insecure about this, probably mostly just because it was an entirely new situation and he didn’t do well with that. He trusted Harry to have his back though and not allow him to drown.
He pulled his jacket a little closer around him with his one hand, not that he was really cold, but mostly to just feel a little safer.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:26 pm 

Harry hesitated for a moment, trying to decide if he should address just how nervous Draco was looking; in the end, he decided against it, taking a step backwards. "Give me a moment, I'll pull out another kayak."
His smile widened, before turning and once again venturing through the shallow waters to access the shed from the waterfront side. It took him a couple of moments to pull out another adult sized kayak and a paddle, but once he did, he pushed both out into the waters. He took another moment to lock the door to the shed before treading hip deep into the lake, once again catching the drifting kayak.
"Lets," Harry said, nodding Draco off to the direction of the dock. "It'll be easier from there."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 429 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 22  Next