All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:12 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco just shook his head at that, still looking at Chad and pushing him backwards. He didn't want to talk to Harry about the mess he got them in, and he wasn't ready to forgive him for it anytime soon; if ever.
"Don't," he snapped, looking briefly over at Harry, before returning his attention to Chad; afraid of him getting in trouble again. "Both of you," he added sharply. He really just wanted to get some studying done, and then forget about the entire ordeal. He never wanted any of this drama to be honest, but somehow he got caught up in it anyway.
"Come Chad. We're leaving now."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:16 pm 

Though the last few days had been tense back in the flat (which was a feat in it self, seeing as Harry had barely seen Draco around), then things were a bit easier at training now that Chad wasn't around. Harry was well aware of the fact that it was just a brief time the other would be absent, and Harry had after the confrontation in the kitchen decided, that he wanted to talk to Draco before Chad came back on campus - unpleasant and awkward as it might be.
While that had been on Harry's mind the last few days, he realised that he wasn't at all prepared to having that talk, as he came back from training and found the door unlocked. Taking a deep breath, he opened the door, and without even putting down his gear h called: "Draco? Can we talk?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:37 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Things hadn't really been running smoothly, ever since the confrontation between Harry and Chad in the kitchen, and Draco had been avoiding his flat like the plague. However, he didn't really have anywhere else to go, seeing as Chad lived too far off campus for it to be convenient for Draco, so he had to at least sleep in the flat.
Today, he knew that Harry had a long practice, and he was growing tired of the library, so he had decided to actually use his flat for studying. As per usual, time has run out for him, and he hadn't realised how late it was, before he heard Harry's voice calling out for him. It sent shivers down his spine, and he tried to brace himself for the impact. Harry knew he was in the flat after all, so he couldn't really hide from him. He sighed, and put down his pen on the page he was writing on, before looking up. You can do this, he told himself, not entirely believing it.
"In the kitchen."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 2:46 pm 

Harry was still in the middle of taking off his grassy shoes at the outside of the entrance when Draco answered. The other's voice and proximity (Harry had expected the other to be in his room, in the far end of the apartment) sent a chill down Harry's spine. With a deep breath, Harry walked barefoot towards the doorway leading into the kitchen.
He stood watching the other for a moment, his heart racing in his chest, even though it had long ago calmed down from training. "I really need to talk to you," he breathed, the shakiness of his voice being a proof of his heart rate. "But is it ok if I shower first? Please don't leave."

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 4:05 pm 

The urgency in Harry's voice surprised him, so he decided not to move. He wasn't sure if he wanted to talk to Harry, or what they even would talk about, but he could at least give him a chance. If he didn't like what Harry had to say, then he could just leave after all.
"I have some studying to do anyway," he said with a shrug, not explicitly saying that he will stay, but implying it. He looked back at his book and his notes, really wanting to finish the chapter he was reading. It was a rather big assignment, and it was going to take a lot of his energy.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2016 5:20 pm 

Harry nodded, visibly deciding that that was as good an answer as he could hope to get. "Alright," he muttered under his breath, not moving for another moment or two. "I'll be right back," he said before disappearing of.

Showering turned out to be an awkward thing to do; partially because Harry was in a rush to catch Draco before he had a chance to leave the flat - but mostly because Harry was really trying to avoid having this talk. It was, however, also an occasion for him to find the words he intended to say to Draco.
Now, standing in a fresh set of joggers and a sweater, Harry returned to the kitchen. Once again, he stood for several moments before taking a deep breath and seating himself in the chair across from Draco. He also tried not to think too much about the fact that this was the first time they had been seated at the table together. "Okay-"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 12:56 am 

While Harry had showered, Draco had had half a mind to pack up his stuff and just leave. The case was closed after all, and unless something new that Draco didn't know about had happened, then he probably wasn't all the interested in what Harry had to tell him.
Once Harry returned, Draco knew that he had spent too long thinking about the situation, and that he hadn't read a single word. Stupid. He closes his book with a sigh, his bookmark resting on the page, as he turned his attention to Harry. If it got uncomfortable, he could just leave. "You better have something really good to tell me, because I doubt that I am interested in anything you have to tell me," he admitted, figuring that Harry should know where he is.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 2:02 pm 

Draco's comment visibly disoriented Harry; for a moment, it seemed like it had made him rethink whether or not this conversation was even worth having. Uncomfortably, Harry fidgetted with his fingers as he considered to just cut straight to the point, if any to make Draco stick around for the full conversation, but that felt too overwhelming.
"Um," he stuttered, his heart racing in his chest. Harry inhaled in an attempt to calm it. "I'm very sorry," he exhaled, feeling like that was a good starting point. "About everything. I've been a complete ass about everything."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:56 pm 

"That much we can agree on," Draco stated coolly, staring at Harry across the table with an inexpressive face. He had no intention of saying more than just prompting Harry to keep talking, seeing as he didn't feel like there was much to discuss. If Harry wanted to talk, he had to be the one to do the talking, because Draco was too damn tired to have more to do with this situation.
"Was that all?"

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:30 pm 

Once again, Draco's words hit Harry like a punch in the gut, sending him spinning. It was absolutely discouraging and Harry almost tapped out. It was obvious that Draco had no interest in being here nor encourage Harry's apology; and honestly, Harry couldn't blame him.
"No, of course not -" Harry muttered under his breath, lowering his eyes to his hands. He still nervously fidgetted with his fingers, too restless and uncomfortable to keep properly still. "I know everything has been aimed at you, and I'm so sorry about it. It's -" Harry inhaled, not knowing where the sentence was going to end "- it's not a reflection of you as a person, it's just me. You've done nothing wrong, I've just been terrible."
Harry's eyes were still firmly aimed at the table, his heart feeling like it was going to beat out of his chest. Everything from this point forward was bound to be new and intimidating, and Harry just prayed he would actually get through this conversation.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 12:20 am 

It was still hard to Draco to see where Harry was going, but what he could see was that the other was visibly nervous. He wrote that off as nerves about apologising, that could be pretty intimidating after all, and Draco was well aware of the fact that he wasn't making it easier. It just wasn't in his interest to make it easy on Harry. He had made Draco and Chad's life hell, and there really was nothing he could say or do to make up for that.
"Is there a point in all this?" He asked, tired of waiting. He had more productive things to do with him time, than sitting here and listening to his flat mate stumble trough an apology. "Because I have a lot of studying to do, and I really need to get back to it, if I want to become a doctor one day."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 5:37 am 

Harry suddenly looked up at Draco, terrified that the other would leave now. It was absolutely horrifying realising that this was it, and though Harry opened his mouth to speak, no words came out. The task ahead seemed much more daunting actually looking at Draco, and once again Harry glanced away at his hands.
"I think I'm bi," Harry eventually breathed. The words rung in his ears, though he wasn't sure if he had said them louder than a mutter. It was practically the first time Harry had ever said that out loud to anybody (expect Ginny, though she had more or less been the one to tell him) and Harry didn't know what to do of himself. There was a lot of things he wanted to follow up with, but whether or not he got a chance to do so solely on Draco's reaction and willingness.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 2:43 pm 

A heavy silence settles over the room, and Draco was left not knowing what to say. It felt like such an odd confession for Harry to come with, most of all for him to tell it to Draco of all people. He still wasn't really certain what this was all about, but he figured that he at least would have to be somewhat civil about it.
"Oh," he said, frowning softly at the confession. It was a big deal after all, and he didn't really know how to react to it. Only very few people had ever come out to him in the past, and most of those were casual. He was fairly certain that this was the first time Harry came out to anyone, and it felt so weird to be the one to hear that. It felt like he was intruding on something, even if he knew that Harry had willingly shared the information with him. "What makes you think that?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:06 pm 

Harry's cheeks immediately got burning hot at that; he damn well knew why, and yet he avoided the answer.
"I know it's not an excuse but maybe it can explain at least part of it -" he exhaled, before rubbing his eyes with both hands, pushing his glasses slightly up on his forehead as he did. Harry felt slightly dizzy and he tried to rub it away, while also rubbing away the appearing blush. "- I don't know, Draco, I think that's why I've handled you being with Chad so poorly."
Finally, Harry let his hands fall on the table, meeting Draco's eyes for the first time in a while. His eyes were slightly puffy and pink from the rubbing, and though there was a soft, apologetic smile on his lips, Harry just looked exhausted.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:56 am 

His frown grew deeper at that, trying to figure out where Harry was going with the conversation. At first he didn't realise what his relationship with Chad had to do with anything, before something clicked, and realisation hit him. It sorta made sense now, and while it wasn't an excuse, then it at least was an explanation.
"Ah," he said in a soft voice, not quite sure how to react to this situation. It wasn't really what he had expected, and it was completely throwing him off. "So, you have a crush on Chad? Is that it?" He asked, feeling that that would explain the other's negative feelings towards him. It wouldn't make any of his actions okay, but it would make it a little easier for Draco to accept.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 7:44 am 

For a brief moment, Harry seemed surprised by that. That hadn't been what he had wanted to say, and after taking a few seconds to try and make sense of that conclusion, he once again blushed. Going over what he had said, it made perfect sense that Draco would think that, and Harry once again glanced away.
"No, um -" he breathed in a joyless and embarrassed laugh, "- it's not that. It's ... you."
Harry said it practically without realising that he had done it. It partially felt like a relief having said it, while also knowing this conversation could go really south really quickly. Encouraged by the relief he felt once saying it, Harry inhaled and continued, a bit more confidently: "It's you. I was jealous of Chad and I didn't realise it was jealousy and not anger."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:21 pm 

For a moment, Draco was stuck without knowing what to do, other than wishing that Harry would have just lied or stuck to the thing with Chad.
The confession felt even more puzzling than his coming out, and Draco didn't understand a thing about it. He could understand if Harry had had feelings for Chad, but with the way he had been treating Draco, it just didn't seem to add up properly.
He sighed softly, and ran a hand through his hair. It was a big mess, and he didn't know how to react to it. He wanted to say words of encouragement, but he had none to give. Honestly, all he had were more questions, and he doubted that that would be helpful in any way, shape or form. Harry probably didn't even have any answers for him himself.
"That makes no sense," was all he could say, and once he had, he regretted it. He knew how hurtful it could be to be told that your feelings are invalid, but it really didn't make sense to Draco. It was impossible for him to wrap his head around the fact that Harry might have any kinds of feelings towards him that weren't hostile.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:52 pm 

Despite all the tension in the room, Harry couldn't help but laugh at that. It was such a stupid reaction to a fairly insensitive comment, and Harry simply didn't know what to do of himself.
"I'm not declaring you my love; that's not what I'm trying to do," Harry felt like he needed to reassure Draco of, seeing how distressed he seemed by it. He spoke softly as he lent back in the chair a bit; for the first time in weeks, there was a weak but genuine grin on his lips. "I'm not telling you because I expect anything, I'm just trying to make sense of it all. All I want to do is apologize."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:35 pm 

Even if Draco rationally knew that Harry wasn't declaring his love to him, then it still felt like a strange thing to do. However, he knew the feeling of trying to make sense of those feelings, and he didn't want to be even more rude to Harry. It was a difficult thing to figure out after all, but Draco didn't know how to help him out with it. After all, it had been ages since he battled with those things, and he could barely even remember not accepting himself for it.
"I am not sure what you want me to tell you here. I am willing to give this some time, but you have said some very hurtful things to me, and I am not sure I can just forgive that."

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 3:55 pm 

Harry's smile immediately faded at that; he already knew he had been unforgivable harsh around Draco, and hearing the other confirm it broke Harry's heart.
"I know," he breathed, his tone calmer and much more humble his time. "- and I don't expect you to say anything. I just wanted you to know."
Once again, Harry felt restless in his seat and absentmindedly started fidgeting with his hands again. He looked at the other, trying to judge whether or not this conversation was best ended here. "It's been a weird months and I've barely been able to process it all. You've just been - I don't know - frustrating to be around, and it's just recently I've realised why."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 24  Next