All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:22 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Despite the chaos that had been the lacrosse mixer, Draco had someone managed to talk things through with both Blaise and Chad, despite the fact that Blaise ended up leaving the mixer with someone else. It wasn’t out of the ordinary for him, but it still hurt Draco when he did. They weren’t even together anymore, so he had literally no right to Blaise’s time.
They were now at the Fall Fair, not that he thought that Blaise would be interested in the school, but it was something to do together. It also did that he could see to Chad at the booth. In that way he could keep both of the guys happy without stretching himself too thin.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2018 4:35 pm 

The lacrosse season was well underway, yet it was only in fall that the team was opened for new players. With the unruly English weather, Harry knew the league tried to cram in as many games as possible before the winter would force the season to a halt and into an endless period of indoor training - that being a perfect time to add fresh talent to the team.
As part of the recruiting process, Harry had been asigned booth duty at the Fall Fair with Colin, though several others were mingling through the crowd of freshmen; Harry spotted them every now and then in their matching blue t shirt, accompanied by a choir of good hearted laughs at the bold HAVE I LACROSSED YOUR MIND? written across their chest.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2018 2:49 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco and Blaise had been through most of the booths already, purposefully keeping the lacrosse one as one of the least ones. Draco knew that Chad was still not a huge fan of Blaise, so he hoped that he would be able to keep the two of them separated as much as possible. He just wasn’t in the mood for the drama of it all.
Once they finally reached the booth, Draco was surprised to find that Chad wasn’t there at all. Instead, Harry was there together with a guy he believed was called Colin or Cole or Caleb or something like that. It wasn’t someone he had interacted a whole lot with.
“Hullo Harry,” he said, a little relieved that he didn’t have to face Chad just yet. “Has anyone told you that that is an awful pun?”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:49 pm 

It was no issue recognizing Draco's voice, and even harder to hide the fact that Draco's comment had immensely humoured Harry. "Actually, no -"
Turning in order to meet the other's eye, not even thinking to excuse himself properly from the conversation with Colin, Harry barely registered the fact that Draco had brought company. Harry's eyes briefly caught Blaise's, but Harry was far too caught up with catching up to Draco's sarcasm, meeting Draco's gaze with a slightly raised eyebrow. His teeth were bared in a bright, teasing grin, as he finally concluded his response. "Wanna be my first?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 3:11 pm 

Unable to stop it, a soft smile found its way to Draco’s lips, even if he found Harry’s comment pretty childish. Then again, he probably started that trail of conversation himself and he couldn’t really find it in himself to genuinely mind. It was nice to know that even if their relationship had been very rocky, it was something Draco could depend on and he really appreciated that.
“I bet you would like that, woldn’t you?” He found himself asking, not sure how else to even respond to a comment like that.
Meanwhile, Blaise had already lost interest in the conversation and was turning his attention towards Colin. He wasn’t used to coming second to anyone, so not having Draco’s full attention for even a brief moment annoyed him.
“I don’t believe that we have met. I am Blaise,” he said with a polite smile, extending his hand to properly greet the lacrosse player.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2018 11:49 am 

Harry's grin changed momentarily changed its tone, briefly appearing more boyish than teasing.
"You know I would," he answered, his voice airy and good humoured and almost too casually, especially considering the almost dumb grin on his lips. While neither of them had really addressed it, Harry doubted that Draco had forgotten about Harry's disorderly and dramatic coming out, but it felt much less like a suffocating presence in their conversations if Harry allowed them to make a joke of it. "I feel like we've had this conversation before."
The follow up comment was, however, delivered much less attentive, taking some of the joke out of it. Harry had glanced off sideways towards Colin as Blaise engaged into a conversation with him.
When Harry's eyes once again found Draco's, his features had softened considerably into a much more civil expression, with a softer smile on his lips. "So you're considering signing up for lacrosse?"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 3:45 pm 

Draco snorted at the question, trying to ignore how much Blaise was leaning over the table to interact with the other lacrosse guy. He knew what he was doing and he wasn’t interested in playing his game today. He knew that he had messed up by inviting Blaise around with him, but that didn’t mean that he coul just do whatever he wanted now.
“Not even remotely,” he said with a soft smile which didn’t quite reach his eyes. He was obviously upset, but he refused to let it show. “In fact, do you know where I can find Chad? I promised to come find him and I figured that I can leave Blaise with you here while I go see him.”

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:45 pm 

While Harry himself hadn't given it a second thought, it didn't take much to identify what had dulled Draco's smile; unable to help himself, Harry glanced sideways onto Blaise and Colin.
"Um," Harry stuttered a couple of moments before his eyes actually returned to Draco's. Harry's left hand found his right elbow in an attempt to surpress the urge to fidget. Harry desperately wanted to ask if Draco was okay, but swallowed his own words. "I know he's doing rounds, but I haven't seem him in a while - he's out here somewhere."

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 2:04 pm 

Draco nodded at that, his expression only getting sourer the longer he was able to see what was going on with Blaise and Colin. It wasn’t that it was unusual, but it still hurt to see him act like that directly to his face.
“Right, I assume that he is as brightly dressed as the two of you,” he said, a lot more snappy than he was intending to.
“If he ever comes up for air, just tell him I’ll be back in a sec,” he said with a sharp nod towards Blaise, before moving away from the table in the search for Chad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2018 1:13 pm 

Halloween on campus had always been a chaotic affair and unexpectedly, that chaos had only been amplified by the decision of dressing up as Fred Flintstone - not wearing trousers had definitely added a whole other aspect to the evening.
Still in the orange dress, Harry was looking at the bruising on his legs while waiting for a cup of noodles to heat up in the microwave; One of the bruises was his knee after a fall and a thin, red line curling across the outside of his thigh from where an Indiana Jones had whipped him earlier this evening.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 6:49 am 

It really was becoming the norm that Draco would get home upset after having hung out with Blaise and he didn’t know why he expected the halloween party to be any different. Even if he should be well over his ex boyfriend by now, it still hut to see him leave the party with someone else. Sure, Draco should probably just focus on Chad, but all he wanted to do was just go home.
Once he entered the flat, he realised that Harry was home as well. He didn’t quite know how to feel about that, but maybe it was a better idea for him not to be alone. He and Harry had been doing well together for a while after all, so it wasn’t all bad. At least it seemed like Harry was alone.
He entered the kitchen, a weak smile on his lips at the sight of his flat mate in a rather simplistic Fred Flintstone costume, making Draco feel overdressed as Han Solo.
“Hello stranger,” he said, trying to hide how upset he was, but he doubted that he was being successful. He went to get himself a glass of water.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2018 4:30 pm 

Harry looked up from his undertaking upon hearing the front door unlock, meeting Draco's eyes moments later when the other joined him in the kitchen. A toothy smile immediately lit up Harry's features as he, finally, removed his on hand form his upper thigh, straightening his posture. "Hi there. You look great."
Harry's eyes followed Draco as he crossed the kitchen, only now noticing how the sudden change of perspective had made the room spin. He gripped the kitchen counter with one hand as he turned to better face Draco. "Did you have fun?"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:09 pm 

“Don’t I always?” Draco asked with a soft smile, mostly wanting to forget everything about what had been going on at the party. He didn’t seem to get that wish though, as Harry asked if he had fun. There was technically nothing wrong with the question, but it left a bitter taste in Draco’s mouth; one he tried to wash out with water, but to no avail.
“I did for a bit. Then Blaise was Blaise and I decided to just go home, which is probably just what he wanted, but I cant deal with that.”

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:15 pm 

The honesty of Draco's answer surprise Harry in his drunken state and for a moment, he just stood with his hand on the microwave handle, looking at the other to see just how true the words actually rang.
"I'm sorry to hear that," he eventually said, not knowing what else to say in order to keep it civil; in reality, Harry could probably say a lot of things. Instead, he turned to retrieve the bowl of heated water from the microwave, placing it on the counter. "Can I ask - why do you keep inviting him?"
The directness seemed to almost surprise Harry, too, but as he turned to eye Draco he realized it was a fair question, though maybe poorly timed. "I mean, if you don't get to have fun."

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 3:27 pm 

Even if the question was very obvious, it hadn’t been something Draco had even dared to consider. He knew that having Blaise around was bad for him, but he couldn’t stop himself from constantly wanting him around. It was a terrible thing to feel and he hated it.
“I don’t know,” he said in a soft voice, finally looking up at Harry again. He didn’t want Harry to pity him, but he knew that he was very pitiful. It was ridiculous to be this hung up over someone who didn’t even remotely cared about him. “I guess I’m just not over him.”

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:26 pm 

Harry turned to properly eye Draco, leanings backwards against the counter. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Harry managed to register the fact that Draco seemed uncomfortable admitting that he was still hung up on his ex, but it seemed like the liquor finally managed to drown out Harry's bedside manners. He frowned.
"Why?" The question was too direct, and too reminiscent of a challenge, but Harry had to ask.
Harry's hand moved to the counter on each side of him, gripping the cool edge of the stone counter. "He's ... He doesn't seem like that great of a guy."

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:49 am 

“Oh he’s not,” Draco blurted, maybe a bit too quickly. He knew that Blaise could be kind if he wanted to, he had been good towards Draco in the past after all, but it was rare to see it in him lately; especially towards Draco. They just weren’t a good fit anymore and that was something that was hard for Draco to swallow.
“I don’t know,” he eventually admitted, knowing that it was the alcohol in his blood that made him speak so frankly, but he honestly wanted to be able to give Harry an answer. “I guess I just know that I wont be able to do any better.”

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:54 pm 

Harry looked genuinely surprised to hear Draco thinking so little of himself, not even thinking twice about it before countering with a: "That's just plain dumb, though."
While the words were harsh, Harry's expression almost looked hurt on Draco's behalf. Harry had spent the literal entirety of his stay in this flat first thinking Draco was absolutely and laughably out of his league, and then later to thinking Draco was far a better person than Harry for even giving him a second change. "Of course you deserve better."
"Besides," he said, more to himself to Draco. He shifted his stance, glancing away as he did so, but as he continued, his eyes were once again on Draco's. "It's not hard finding people better than a guy who hits on your mates in front of you."

Last edited by Nymeria on Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:43 pm 

Draco definitely knew that he was way over sharing, but he didn’t have it in him to stop it. A part of him really wanted Harry to know all of these things and for Harry to say nice things to him. He knew that it was probably stupid, but he felt like Harry understood him and he just really needed someone who would take his side in all of the craziness he had managed to create.
“So, what you’re telling me is that I should focus more on Chad?” He asked, honestly unsure where their conversation was going. He knew that he hadn’t been the best towards Chad for a long while, but he also just didn’t really feel as strongly towards him. He would keep being drawn towards Blaise and he knew this.
“Or is he also not good enough?” He couldn’t help but add with a crooked grin, wanting to get a feeling of just how highly Harry was thinking of him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:19 pm 

Draco had shifted the conversation over to a topic Harry had no say in. For a moment, Harry didn't know what else to do other than to roll his eyes, breathing in as an attempt to find the most delicate way of saying it. "I don't know, Draco, he's probably plenty of good if that's what excites you. I just don't think you like him all that much."
The words were made unnecessarily harsh by the alcohol Harry had drunk, but his voice had proportionally become softer. He looked at Draco, once again shrugging to indicate that he didn't know what else to say. "If you don't like him, then of course he's not good enough for you."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 24  Next