All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:34 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

All of the attention their argument had attracted wasn't lost on Draco, he was simply pretending that it didn't get to him. He simply allowed Blaise to wrap an arm around him again and pretend that it wasn't bothering him. It did help that most people seemed to have returned to their own business, despite having kept their eyes on him and Chad for the entirety of their argument. It was exhausting and Draco didn't really want to stick around anymore.
"I'll go get some air," he said in a tired voice, freeing himself from Blaise again and trying not to feel upset about how quick he was to go find someone else to chat with. With a sense of defeat, Draco decided to go outside and actually get some air, dreading that he left his cigarettes at home.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:02 pm 

Harry wasn't the only one who watched Draco exit the room, yet he seemed to be the only one whose eyes kept lingering at the door far after Draco had gone out of sight. Harry noted, by turning his head slightly, that Blaise was amongst those who didn't seem to pay Draco's departure any attention, having engaged himself in a new conversation.
Deep into a consideration, Harry started counting the seconds. Three quarters of a minute later, Harry turned slightly towards Ron without ever fully looking at him. "I'll be back in a bit."
Without waiting for a reaction, Harry had gotten up and left the room.
Standing on the front step, Harry took another 10 seconds to consider his plan of action; after all, he too had a history of treating Draco poorly.
Finally giving in, Harry took a couple of steps towards Draco, stopping a few yards away, not wanting to intrude if his company wasn't well received. "You alright, Draco?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:02 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

The sudden appearance of a voice made Draco jump, having not expected anyone to follow him outside. He had actually wanted to be alone for a while and simply not be bothered by the crowd for a bit, however he found that he didn't actually mind Harry's presence. His relationship with his flatmate had had many ups and downs, but by now he found a certain comfort in his presence. Harry had already seen him at his lowest, so it really didn't matter if he went even lower.
"I guess," he said with a shrug, looking out at the yard and not really sure how handle any part of the situation he found himself in.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:14 pm 

For now, Harry kept his distance. Draco was, after all, still a new presence in Harry's life and he didn't yet trust himself to properly read him; besides Harry had had a poor track record of properly judging his relation with Draco.
"Do you want company?" he offered, doing his best to sound as casual as possible. The gesture felt hollow as soon as Harry said it out loud, seeing as none of them would believe that Harry didn't know the fact that Draco had just exited a fight; and yet Harry thought it was the kindest thing to do. "I don't have anything on me, but I can probably find you a drink or a cig, if you want it."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 5:00 pm 

Mostly, Draco really wanted to be alone. He felt like the worst person on the entire planet and like he didn’t actually deserve company. However, he found that he actually didn’t mind Harry’s presence. They had had a rough ride together, but somehow that made it easier to be vulnerable around him. Harry had already seen some of the worst sides to him, so that made it all seem a lot more okay to be worse.
“Am I a bad person?” He asked instead of answering any of Harry’s inquiries.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:43 am 

Though Draco's question surprised Harry, though he didn't really find it all that unreasonable; he figured most people had at least considered asking the same thing at some point in their life. He was, however, also very aware of how delicate his relationship with Draco still was, and Harry took a couple of minutes to consider his answer.
"In general? No, you're not," he eventually settled on. Harry, whose breath sometimes hitched when he looked at Draco, could possibly never think that poorly of Draco. He looked at the other for along moment, considering moving closer, but never getting to it. "But not being a bad person doesn't mean you can't be an butthole."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:12 pm 

Draco nodded softly at the question, having not really expected much of a different answer. He did want to be a good person, but he also knew that he was prone to make terrible decisions, usually hurting people around him as he went, especially people who weren’t that close to him. It wasn’t that he wanted to be selfish, he just rarely considered that his choices might have consequences for other people than himself.
“I guess that’s a way to put it,” he said with a shrug, not wanting to just agree with Harry, even if he was most definitely right. It was never nice to have to face the fact that you were an butthole, but sometimes it was a realisation you had to make for yourself, otherwise you could’t change. “I’m not even sure if I like him, but here I am.”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 3:50 pm 

While Harry undoutbly heard Draco's addition, he actively avoided having to comment on it. Whether or not Draco was genuinely interested in Chad, was, after all, not much of Harry's business - Harry wasn't close enough to Chad to have the energy to defend him in a situation like this.
Instead, Harry licked his lips and with a trace of nervousness, he shifted his stance.
"Do you think I'm a bad person?" he heard himself ask, a raw honesty to his otherwise sober voice. In the back of his mind, he knew he was coming across as dismissive of Draco's more pressing conflict, but as soon as he had heard Draco ask the question, Harry new he needed to hear Draco's answer to the same. "Trust me, I know I've been an butthole, but if you think I'm a bad person, then I don't think I have a valuable opinion in any of this."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:26 pm 

Draco turned to look at Harry upon the question, almost as if he would be able to read the answer directly from his face. It probably took him a little too long before he answered the question, but it took him a little aback and he wanted to be absolutely certain that he had a good answer to him.
“I don’t think that you are a bad person,” he ended up saying in a soft voice. He was still looking at Harry, unable to look away. The light was soft out on the patio and it worked to soften up Harry’s features as well, making him look even more handsome than he already did. It wasn’t really the way Draco needed to be thinking right now, what with the drama he had going on inside, but it simply seemed nicer to focus on Harry than to even consider Blaise or Chad right now. “I mean, you were a huge butthole, but I do think that you are a good person, deep down.”

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:42 am 

Harry's posture visibly shifted once Draco finally answered, not realising he had been holding his breath. He didn't realise until saying it out loud how much he valued Draco's opinion on this; over the course of the last months Harry had effectively come out and had begun settling into being out, yet his stomach still turned thinking about what he had put Draco through.
"I know I've been," he parroted. The context of this conversation was awkward, he could hear it in the way it contrastred to the music emitting from the house, but Harry hadn't been able to find the moment until now. "And I'm deeply sorry. I've treated you horribly because I like you, and that's far worse that whatever you fear you're doing."
Harry didn't pay attention to the tenses of his verbs, far too focused on turning the conversation back onto Draco's initial line of questioning, feeling like he owed Draco that much. "If you don't think I'm a bad person, how could you be?"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:06 pm 

The list of reasons why Draco thought that he was a bad person and Harry wasn’t was very long, but he didn’t know if he should go into that. One of the reasons being that he couldn’t stop thinking about how Harry was using present rather than past tense when he talked about his feelings for Draco.
He was already playing on two guys and he really shouldn’t as much as consider those feelings that he had towards Harry. He had to sort out whatever was going on with Blaise and figure out what to do about Chad after that. He didn’t even want to think about it and that was why he was outside in the first place.
“I think that you think way too highly of me,” he said in a slightly tired voice, not sure why Harry would think so well of him, but he liked it. He knew that he wasn’t that great of a guy, but he liked the idea of Harry thinking that he was. It made him feel a bit better.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:34 am 

Harry just shrugged at that, dismissing Draco's attempt to continue down that trail. Rationally, he knew it seemed like a natural continuation of Draco's initial line of questioning, but Harry didn't want to further explain himself, afraid of what he might say.
"Who cares if I do," he just countered, nothing in his tone suggesting it to be a question. The harshness of his voice wasn't reflected in his expression; Harry had no interest in cussing Draco out. "I don't know about you and Chad enough to know if you're being unreasonable or not, either."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 3:27 pm 

Despite their initial butting of heads, Draco really was happy that Harry was outside with him. He knew that he didn’t deserve it, but he had really needed someone to tell him that he wasn’t the worst person in the entire world. It was nice that he could actually talk with his flat mate now, especially in a scenario like this.
“Thank you,” he said in a soft voice, looking properly at Harry, not really sure how to make sense of his feelings towards him.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:25 am 

Harry just smiled at that, not finding that he had done anything worth thanking for. In turn, he was deeply grateful for the fact that Draco apparently - or maybe, no longer at least - thought Harry to be a bad person.
"Are you planning on going back inside?" Harry instead asked. He was tempted to leave if Draco felt like he had calmed down enough to rejoin the party; after a talk like this, Harry felt painfully sober. Somewhere deep down he knew that his wish to leave, to some extent at least, had similar reasons as Chad's anger; Harry didn't feel like looking at Draco in the arms of another either.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2018 11:55 pm 

Draco shrugged at the question, not really sure what he wanted. Mostly, he just wanted to go home, but seeing as Blaise arrived with him, it would be very rude to leave without at least saying goodbye. He should probably also go talk to Chad, but he didn’t really know if he had the mental energy for that, especially not if Chad was drunk.
“In a bit, yeah,” he said, not because he wanted to but because he had to. “I have to go talk to them.”

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:56 am 

Harry nodded at that; it was, after all, the most sensible thing to do. There was a small twitch in the corner of his mouth, showing as an unspoken testament to the fact that Harry in that moment only felt that more certain that he had given Draco his honest answer, when saying he didn't think Draco was a bad person.
"I think I'm gonna head home," he answered to a question Draco didn't ask. Finally, the twitch turned into a smile. "I think it's really caught up to me how painfully sober I am."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 2:02 pm 

Draco nodded at that, fully understanding why Harry would want to head home after this. He really wanted to go with him and just ignore this entire night for a bit, not wanting to think about any of this anymore. He knew that he had to face the music though and he also knew that it was only going to get worse if he pushed it.
“Can’t say I don’t want to do the same,” he said with a soft smile that didn’t quite reach his eyes, before finally standing up again. “I’ll see you at home, yeah?”

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:01 pm 

Harry remained seated for another brief moment, allowing himself to look at Draco for a moment. Draco looked stunning - he always did, even in such an unflattering lighting - but it had been weeks since Harry had seen him so besides himself.
"Do you want me to wait for you?" he heard himself offer, far before he even registered having thought about it. Harry probably ought announce his departure to a couple of person inside, but he knew they would survive even if he didn't. "I can wait a little while."

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:34 am 

The offer seemed overwhelming to Draco in a way he couldn’t quite place. It was a very kind offer and Draco was very certain that he didn’t deserve that kindness, least of all right now. He wanted to say yes, but he didn’t know how long this was going to take, so he didn’t feel like he could ask Harry to do that.
“Thanks for the offer,” he said in a soft voice, sending a grateful smile in Harry’s direction. “But I honestly do not know how long this is going to take, so I don’t feel like I can ask you to stick around for that.”

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:08 pm 

Harry wasn't surprised by the fact that Draco declined the offer, but he wanted to offer Draco an easy way out of the conflict. While Harry rationally knew that Draco probably had gotten himself into a shitty situation, Harry couldn't get himself to villainize the other; especially not when he was smiling at him like that.
Eventually, Harry stood too
"You take care then," he said, a genuine smile on Harry's lips. He wanted to say to Draco not to escalate the conflict further; that he should just get in and out as quickly as possible for his own sake, but Harry couldn't find the words to frase it without it sounding like he wanted Draco to come home to him.
Harry finally adverted his gaze, turning his attention to the ground, minding his footng as he took a step off the patio. Once on the grass, Harry's eyes once again found Draco. "I'll talk to you tomorrow, yeah?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17 ... 24  Next