All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next
PostThis post was deleted by Shades on Mon Jun 20, 2016 7:43 am.
Reason: Pure OOC on IC
 Post subject: Re: Drarry College AU
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:25 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry had had to skip a days worth of lectures in order to move his stuff across campus. This mid-semester move wasn't ideal, but Harry had decided that he would be better off cutting class than lacrosse practice; because of this, Harry had crossed campus 7 times already trying to be done with the move before his 7 pm training. As he entered his new dorm room (or, dorm flat, was probably more fitting) for the 4th time today, he realised that, for the first time today, he wasn't alone.
Harry let his last gym bag worth of stuff (cutlery and other nick nacks) glide down from his shoulder and onto the entrance way floor with a soft clatter. Running his hand through his hair, Harry peered into the kitchen. "Hi, uh-" he started, as he took in the back of the guy who was to be his new roommate. Because it was a transfer arranged by his coach in order to get him closer to the sports facilites, there hadn't been a formal introduction round as there had been at the beginning of their first semester. "- I'm Harry, your new flatmate."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 10:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

This entire ordeal with getting a new flatmate mid-semester was anything but ideal. Draco was trying to study for his exam, and while the new guy had been moving in, he had moved to the library. However, he preferred to study at the flat, seeing as all of his materials where there, and he generally preferred to study without being disturbed by strangers. He had hoped that the guy would be done by the time he returned, and it seemed that he was almost right.
He turned around when he heard a voice behind him, leaving his sandwich making on the counter. A short Indian-looking guy was standing in the doorway to the kitchen, and it didn't take a lot creativity to know who this person was. Harry Potter was a bit of a local celebrity after all. "Hi," he said in a bored voice. Honestly, he just wanted to finish making this sandwich and get back to studying. "I'm Draco," he said with a shrug, and turned back around to finish what he was doing.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 4:23 pm 

Harry was slightly taken aback by the snappish answer, and for a moment Harry stood wondering whether or not it was even worth it to pursue a conversation. Harry had so far been roommates with his high school best friend, and he seemed to just now realise that maybe this wasn't going to be nearly as friendly.
"I'm sorry if bothering you," Harry muttered, referring both to the entirety of the day and this moment. Though that should have been his cue to exit, Harry lingered at the doorway, still sort of intrigued by his new roommate. Harry though he thought he had seen a facial piercing or two, the back didn't tell him much else than the fact that he was pretty tall.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 5:21 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco was fully aware that he was being rude, but he just really wanted to study for his exam. He really had to nail this exam, and it wasn't exactly simple stuff that he was working with. He just wanted to be the best that he could, and he had everything to prove. It didn't really excuse his rudeness though, so he turned around again, trying a polite smile, but he doubted that it was working very well.
"I apologise. I am trying to study for an exam, and this entire move is rather inconvenient for me," he said with a shrug, not seeing the point in lying about it. He was bothered, but there was nothing to do about it. "Do not mind me. I'll just be in my room."

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:14 pm 

As soon as Draco acknowledged Harry's stare by turning around, Harry had (a bit flustered) taken a step back out of the doorway to pick up his bag once again. "No, man, don't worry; I get it," he said while looking away, but as he pulled the strap back onto his shoulders, he turned towards the other with a soft smile.
"I'll get out of your hair, I'm leaving for practice in, uh-" he said, glancing towards his right wrist at his watch "- maybe 40 minutes -" he calculated, a bit absent-mindedly, as he figured he could go for a run before team practice, if that meant starting on good terms with his new roommate "- so I probably won't be back until 11," he concluded, as he let his arm fall to once again eye Draco. "It was nice meeting you, Draco," he said with a smile, before disappearing back into the entrance way and into his room.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am 

Draco hummed and nodded at that, as he turned around to finish making his sandwich. He really needed to get back to his studying, or he would have zero chance of even hoping for a decent grade.
"Likewise."

To say that Draco was a morning person would be a downright lie. He had no idea when it had happened, seeing as a lot of his younger days at his parents' manor had been spent watching the sun rise in the morning, and getting out on early adventures. College had effectively killed that part of him.
He was sitting at the table in the kitchen, wearing an oversized shirt that he was pretty sure actually belonged to Blaise, and was sipping coffee from a large mug. Early morning lectures were never going to be his cup of tea, but there was no way he could skip this lecture.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:40 am 

After a few moments of fumbling with his keys, Harry finally unlocked the door to the flat. His breath was still heavy after morning training, and as stood in the doorway, kicking his grassy shoes off outside on the exterior doormat, he glanced towards the kitchen door.
"You up?" he asked with a tone that indicated that he hesitated; if Draco were still asleep, Harry wouldn't want to have yelled loudly enough to wake him. He quickly picked up his shoes and bag once again, and as he peered through the kitchen doorway to find his roommate sitting there, he smiled. "Good morning."
Harry's hair and grey shirt were still damp in spots - whether it was by sweat or water was hard to tell - and as soon as he had appeared, Harry disappeared into the apartment and into his room After a couple of minutes, Harry reappeared in the kitchen door, now wearing a new shirt and pants, before crossing the room towards the fridge. "Did I wake you when I left?" he asked, glancing towards the other as he took out a tupperware of overnight oats out of the fridge.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 12:52 pm 

The only thing worse than mornings were people who were unnecessarily chipper. Draco strongly believed that there was nothing to be chipper about before 9 am, and people who pretended that this wasn't the case were dangerous and not to be meddled with. Of course his new roommate had to be one of those people.
"'M a heavy sleeper," he muttered into his coffee, not looking up from the black liquid. Before college he had been swearing by tea and tea only, but college had quickly allowed him to adapt a fondness for coffee. He has even started to wonder how he used to survive without it.
"There's fresh coffee if ya want," he added, not feeling like saying much more. There was literally no need to have conversation before he had drunk his first cup of coffee.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:03 pm 

"Uhh," Harry inattentively exhaled as his attention was focused on trying to figure out the flat microwave, in order to heat his oats. His stutter wasn't rooted in hesitation, though - Harry was on a strict diet that didn't include caffeine in any form - but more in the fact that Harry had not been paying enough attention to the ongoing conversation.
"- No thanks, I'm fine," he eventually answered as he closed he microwave door. Once again he glanced towards Draco, and as the microwave started buzzing, Harry turned properly around. Resting against the kitchen counter, Harry looked at Draco trying to find the words to fill the silence. "What are you majoring in?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:22 am 

Of course his new roommate would be one of those people making polite during breakfast. Sure, it was nice that he tried to get to know Draco, but it felt extremely unnecessary during breakfast. It could wait to other times of day.
"Medicine," he mumbled, not even sure if Harry would be able to hear what he said. He sipped his coffee again, looking at the table in front of him, but not really looking. He was so tired, and he could barely stand the though of having to attend a lecture soon. "You?" He asked, despite not really caring. He just felt that that would be the polite thing to do, and he did owe Harry a bit of politeness.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 7:23 am 

"Oh, wow," Harry breathed, genuinely impressed by Draco's major. He stood for a moment, clearly looking at the other in a different way before the beep of the microwave interrupte him.
"That's insane, man, how are you coping?" Harry asked, the question only half a joke. Harry had turned to take out his oats, and upon deciding that it would be too intimate to sit down with Draco, Harry took a spoon and sat on the counter. "I'm in education," he eventually said before taking a spoonfull of oats.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:55 am 

Shrugging softly at the question, Draco once again returned his attention to his coffee. There wasn't any magic trick to be able to do medicine. It just takes extreme dedication, which is something Draco very much has. If he doesn't succeed in medicine, then his father will have been right, and he wouldn't be able to live with that.
"By studying a lot," he stated with a soft shrug, not wanting to be impolite.
He wasn't surprised that Harry was in education. Most athletes picked education, only to never use their degree, because they managed to pick up their sport. It's a damn shame, really.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:35 am 

"No, I mean how are you coping emotionally," Harry corrected Draco with a grin, but as the snile faded it was obvious he didn't expect an answer. Instead, he ate another spoonful of oats, alternating between looking at Draco and the wall clock.
As Harry had another few moments before he had to leave for class, he continued the concersation while scraping uo the last few oats: "I heard your old roommate dropped out. Was he in Med, too?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 11:21 am 

"By studying a lot," Draco repeated, not having had a lot of issues with coping with his field of study. He loved medicine, and even if it's hard, then he can't let the pressure get to him. It's easy as that.
"Yeah, old rommate was also in Med. Could not cope with the pressure," he stated with a shrug, as he finished his coffee. It was going to be a nightmare to go through class, but he wanted this badly enough that he wanted to ight for it. It was simple as that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 1:06 pm 

Harry just hummed at that; he had run out of both oats and things to ask. Sitting within reach of the sink, Harry put his cutlery in it before getting off the counter. In these silent movements of motion, Harry decided that while he doubted he'd ever be as close with Draco as with Ron, it seemed that this could be an alright arrangement; not fantastic, but alright.
"Alright, man, I'm heading off. I'll talk to you later," Harry said as he crossed the kitchen, and something by the way he spoke made it sound like a definitive. He sent a glance accompanied by a smile across his shoulders before picking up the messenger bag he had left in the entrance way and disappeared out through the front door.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:15 pm 

Draco had one of his rare days off with no tests to prepare for, so he was going out with Pansy. They didn't get to spend a lot of time together, what with his tight schedule, so it was nice to get to go out with her again. He had even bothered with slapping on some eyeliner, and putting in some flashier earrings. It wasn't much, but at least he was looking at bit more like himself, so he hoped that Pansy would leave him be about it.
Pansy wasn't going to show up for another 10 minutes, so he was sitting in the kitchen, trying to get some last minute studying done, before she would scold him for doing so. It was her own fault for always being late though, so he didn't have it in himself to care.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 2:43 pm 

After having had a particularly emotionally draining and unrewarding group training, Harry had set a side his studies in order to go for a long run. By the time his muscles burned and his knees threatened to buckle every time he moved, Harry had been running for close to three hours straight. As he unlocked the door to the flat, he felt like he might possibly be unable to step over the doormat without tripping over it; this, however, didn't hurt as much as when his coach had snapped at him earlier this afternoon.
In spite of having spend the better part of the day outside in the fall chill in a vest, Harry felt like he was burning up and turned towards the kitchen in sought for cold water. As he entered the doorway, his breath got unexpectedly stuck in his throat.
Harry was already desperately out of breath, but the sight of Draco looking like ... well, that, made his heart skip a beat. "Um, hi," he eventually said, doing his best not to address the change of style (though his eyes did wander) as he turned towards the fridge.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:36 pm 

The sudden sight of his roommate all sweaty and in running gear caught Draco off guard, and it would be a lie to say that it wasn't a pleasant sight. Slightly flustered, he looked down at his book again, not even aware that he had been staring prior to that moment. He tried to shake himself, but he had been keeping rather busy with his school work for a long time, and Harry was attracted. Hell, he was only a guy after all.
"Oh, hi there," he said in an awkward voice, not really sure what to make out of the situation. He shouldn't make an awkward situation out of it. After all, Harry lived there too, and he had every right to come home from a run, and to use the kitchen. "Good run?" He asked, desperate to stop the awkward silence in the kitchen from suffocating both of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 12:34 pm 

Harry glanced at Draco with a 1 liter water bottle in his hand, and with a small smile he breathed: "Yeah, it was - thanks. Weather's great."
Unable to keep his eyes on Draco's, Harry once again looked away into the fridge as he took a few large drinks of water directly from the bottle.
By the time he had drunk two thirds of the bottle, he put on the cap before finally turning to properly face Draco. A few drops of sweat ran down his temple, and in an inattentive habit, Harry used the bottom hem of his shirt to wipe it off, momentarily baring his midriff.
"You, um, going out?" he finally phrased when once again looking at the other. Harry had debated what would be worse - obviously noticing the change of wardrobe but not acknowledging it, or to address it. As Harry spoke, he seemed to realise that Draco didn't need an excuse to dress like this, and for a moment, Harry seemed as if he was going to say more in order to correct the assumption.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 464 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 24  Next