All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:05 pm 

Left or right?

Medals: 4
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1) Gif Hunt Winner! (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Lamia listened to the wolf call closely, then shook her head. "They said there's prey up by the mountain to be taken down, we won't be seeing those ones at least. Give me just one second, okay?" She put the things she was holding down and then transformed into a young female wolf pup. She began howling into the air, it wasn't as loud or threatening as the other one, but it did it's job as another young wolf pup soon came out to the edge of the trees. He looked apprehensive with Raphael there, but Lamia went over to him nipped at him playfully, he then nipped back and yipped at her. Lamia, still in wolf form, looked back at Raphael and spoke in her normal voice. "This is little wind, he's a friend of mine."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Kitten, you're purrfect. You're at the top of the acatemy.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow! Cat was ameowzing!
Awww, see, Kitten is just a kind cool cat. She appreciates the puns.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:49 pm 

Raphael had expected that Lamia either would be scared or not really care that there were wolves around. He did not expect for her to turn into a wolf pup and communicate with them. It was a surreal sight to see her play with another young wolf. He mused inwardly that if all these surreal and odd things kept happening, he would no longer be capable of shock. When Lamia told him that the young wolf, Little Wind, was her friend, the thing he was most surprised about was how she still sounded like herself even in the form of a wolf. Crouching down so he was more equal to the pups, he said, "I suppose that the wolves aren't a threat. It's nice to meet you, Little Wind. Do you have any other wolf friends or animal friends, Lamia?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:28 pm 

Left or right?

Lamia bounced around in her wolf form, excited to talk about her animal friends. "Oh yes! I have many animal friends, the blue birds will have a new baby soon, the squirrels have probably got settled in their new home by now. Someone cut down their tree they were living in, so I helped them find a new one. The badger can be a little cranky sometimes, but I try to be more mindful of him and we're friends now. The animals are the nicest people I've ever met, well aside from you." She gave him what was probably a smile in wolf form, then she touched noses with the other wolf, yipped at him before he turned around and left. She transformed back to human form, first her hands then her feet, then everything else. She smiled cutely at him before picking up the things she was carrying before. Lamia was a little girl to her core, she was just capable of things that most kids weren't.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:15 am 

Raphael could tell how happy Lamia was in her wolf form with her friend. It didn't really surprise him that she had other animal friends, with the parts of her personality he was able to see. Seeing her playing with the wolf highlighted how she is truly a child, though with more abilities than the average one. Lamia slowly shifted back into human form. Raphael smiled at her, " I'm glad that you consider me to be nice. Perhaps you could introduce me to some of those other animal friends later? I would like to meet your friends. I would say to try and meet them today, but it's getting late and there isn't time for me to really meet all of them. We could come out here tomorrow morning though and meet them. I'll have to figure out how you can still play with your friends but maintain the facade of being a human child, since I don't want you to lose those friends."

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 11:49 am 

Left or right?

To Lamia the day was just beginning, Rakshasa's usually slept in the morning and were more active at night. But she didn't argue and just followed Raphael, Lamia hoped she could make some human friends, like the other children she saw playing in the village. Lamia wondered what pretending to be a human child would be like, she hoped it was something she could get used to and enjoy. And she too hoped she could keep her animal friends, they meant a lot to her. She then looked up at him and smiled. "Thank you Raphael, you're the nicest human I've ever met."

She was still wary about humans, but she knew there were exceptions to the normal bad in a species. Her father was the exception with the Rakshasas, he was the one who introduced her to animals and the forest, he was only a part of her life for a very short time. They were both in bear forms walking the forest when hunters attacked for their pelts, his father made her run back to the cave while he fought them, and lost. They would have gotten a big surprise when her father reverted to his normal form upon death, would have paraded his body through the village as heroes as his daughter kept waiting for him to return. She couldn't trust humans, she saw them as killers, Rakasha weren't great either, but they didn't kill her father. Lamia frowned from the memory, she wondered if she was betraying her father by going to live with the enemy. She didn't really have a choice though, and her father would understand that and want her safe. How safer could she be than being seen as one of them and not an enemy?

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:04 pm 

When Raphael heard Lamia say that he was the nicest human she had ever meet, it simultaneously warmed and worried him. The way she said it made it sound like she had met humans before, and those encounters had been nasty, but perhaps he shouldn't try and learn more about what may have been a horrifying experience, at least for now. It did remind him though of a few questions he needed to ask, " Thank you Lamia. I hope you will know many nice humans and I'm glad I'm one of them. I think one of those nice humans you could meet would be my mother, who is a loving and sweet lady. I know that you are a Rakshasa, but I don't really know what you need or what you are used to. What kind of food do you usually eat? Is there anything you can't or won't eat? From what I could tell about Rakshasa, they seem to be more active at night. Is that how it is for you?"

Raphael blinked when he realized he had spoken far more than usual. Huh. He knew that he tended to be less serious around children, but it was unusual for him to be this talkative. Then again, it seemed that there was a great deal that needed saying, and a good deal of problems needing to be resolved. If being less serious made things easier for Lamia and him, then it was worth it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2016 9:53 pm 

Left or right?

She grinned at him, "Yep! The day moon is bad." As they were going they passed a fruit tree with rotten fruit on the ground. Lamia put her things down and went to it, picking up the least appealing one. "This is yummy, meat is better though, any kind of meat." She then ate the rotten apple, watching her would have been a little sickening, especially since she had no manners whatsoever. Lamia didn't know that humans cooked their meat, where as they ate it raw.

She finished eating it, picked up her stuff again and said while smiling at him. "Oh, and I'd like to meet Mi'moth'er, she sounds nice." She didn't know what he meant when he said, 'my mother,' and miss-interpreted his saying it as a name itself. Not only had she never met her own mother, but the Rakshasas she lived with didn't have a special term for the person that gave birth to you. It didn't matter because they treated you the same as everyone else, same with fathers usually. Her father was an exception to this, and even told her to call him father, something which was very abnormal. Lamia saw that the term father was the nicest thing you could call someone and was reserved for people who watched out for you and made you feel safe.

If Raphael acted more seriously, Lamia would no doubt act more like she did around the other Rakshasa. The way she acted now was the same way she acted with most of her animal friends. He didn't intimidate her, instead he made her feel relaxed and that she didn't need to have her guard up. She also appreciated his talking to her, talking to the animals was nice but simple, it felt good to talk to someone she could better look up to like she had with her father. She didn't compare the two of them though, her father was a very special man who was with her from birth, even if he died too early. Raphael was far too new to be compared to her father, even if he looked to take on that empty role for her, she wasn't going to attach herself in that way to him that lightly.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 12:23 am 

It seemed that Lamia was indeed used to being asleep during the day. Perhaps he could claim that she was sick and thus allow her to sleep during the day as needed until she was more used to sleeping at night. As they walked, they passed a fruit tree that had several rotten apples fallen around them. Raphael watched as Lamia picked up and ate a rotten apple, holding in a wince. He had to remind himself that since she wasn't human, she wouldn't get sick from eating a rotten apple, like he had when he was a child. It seemed that there definitely differences in what they usually ate. Hearing Lamia say that her favorite food was meat, he had a suspicion that the way she usually ate her meat would be very different from a way that was normal to him.

Lamia sweetly smiled at him and that she would like to meet mimother. Confused at first at why she said mimother, Raphael then realized that most likely Rakshasa did not have mothers, and she probably thought that my mother was a name. How to explain it... "So, meat is your favorite. I know you said you like all meat, but do you have a favorite type of meat or a favorite way to prepare meat? Is there any way that you don't like meat? Oh! I just realized that I did not explain my mother very well. I don't know if Rakshasa have a similar idea, but or humans, we usually have two people who raise us and take care of us. One is referred to as a mother, and the other as a father. When I said my mother, mother was a title showing how she cared for me, and not her name. I apologize for not explaining that earlier."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 10:55 pm 

Left or right?

Lamia was a little confused when he talked about favorite way to prepare meat. They didn't 'prepare' it at all, they just killed it and ate it. "I like it dead, and I guess I like sheep, pigs and cows because I don't have any sheep, pig or cow friends." She had eaten lots of different kinds of meat before, whatever they brought to the cave, and sometimes she had to go get something herself because all the food was eaten before she got to it. But since making some friends she tried to keep from eating any of their kind, in case they had known them. She thought about the fact she couldn't eat any humans now either, since she had Raphael as a friend, not that it would have been likely since she would be living with for a while at least.

She thought about the most delicious meat she ever had, and it was actually a tie. "I guess I have two favorite types of meat. The bright squishy oozing blood everywhere kind, and the old kind that has the extra little worms crawling in it, that's really yummy." She then thought about what he said about mothers and fathers. She smiled at him, "Meeting the one who took care of you sounds nice, do I call her mother or your mother or something else? Oh, I know what father is, I had a father... It was just the one person though, could he have been my mother too, doing both titles, or would that go to someone else who might take care of me, or is it too late and I'll never have a mother?" She still didn't quite get it, she thought that anyone who took care of you in anyway might be considered a mother or a father. She thought that maybe Raphael would come to be considered her mother, no one else had ever taken care of her other than her father, so it was open. She also wondered that since he said you had one mother and one father, if you could get another father after the first one was gone, or if you were only allowed one your whole life. She would have asked but she didn't really want to have to bring up her father being dead. In fact she seemed a little disheartened about this subject in general, but she did want to understand it.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2016 12:15 am 

The kinds of meat Lamia liked wouldn't be a problem, but her favorite way of preparing it could be. She probably wouldn't be able to eat her favorites in front of others, seeing as the meat would look uneatable. He supposed that she could eat it privately, but it would have to be done carefully. The usage of had in Lamia talking about her father did not escape him. Raphael guessed that most likely her father was dead, perhaps at the hand of humans. Considering that he had brought up Lamia, who was innocent, he most likely wasn't evil as well. If he had been killed by humans, well, there goes a good deal of his faith in humanity.

Banishing the dark thoughts, Raphael smiled, "Since I would be taking care of you, I suppose you would call her grandmother. The grand part means that she is my caretaker, and I am yours. A father could definitely play both roles, but he generally would still be considered a father. The title of father usually only goes to males, and the title of mother usually goes to females, making it unlikely that a father would also be considered a mother, or a mother also considered a father. You could give the title of mother to someone who cared for you, though that would be something you would want to consider carefully, as usually you will only have one mother. However, I do know that if something happens to a parent with humans, often the child will eventually be close enough to a person to call them mother or father. Though, for a person to be considered to be a mother or father, they have to give the child at least a home, food, and care. There can be people who care for you, but because they don't do those things, they could not be considered parents."

Raphael paused, took a breath and managed to think of one last thing to say,"I have one question about what you eat, and that is this. Would you be able to eat cooked meat and fresh fruits if necessary?"

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 2:50 am 

Left or right?

Lamia thought that all the different titles was confusing, but after thinking upon it a little bit, she was pretty sure she understood it. Raphael seemed like he would be providing her with all the things he mentioned a mother or father did, home, food, and care. He also said that after losing a parent a child often would come to call someone else father or mother. But she was glad that he didn't push that he could qualify to be a father to her by his own words. She wasn't ready to call someone father again, not yet. She still missed her first father a lot, and a part of her was afraid of attaching herself to someone like that again. It was a tricky situation for her, because she was used to having no one, and the one person she did have was taken from her. She liked Raphael, saw him as a good person, but she had been shown that allowing that sort of attachment doesn't often end well.

She was glad the subject changed back to food, except she had no idea what he meant by 'cooked' meat. "Um, I don't know, I guess I could try..." After walking a little while longer they came to another fruit tree. Lamia turned into a small Lemur and quickly climbed the tree to some of the higher branches, plucked two bananas from them and then climbed back down. Turning back into a human, she smiled at Raphael. "Let's find out!" She took a bite of the better one of the two. A disgusted look appeared on her face, then she opened her mouth and let all the fruit bits fall to the ground, she looked like she might gag. "That's nasty! I can't eat that." She frowned and let her stomach settle a little bit, then she pealed the other banana, this one was fairly brown and ripe, it was probably close to falling to off by itself. "This one looks yummier at least." She took a bite, it was mushy, which made it better, it didn't taste really good like she was used to, but it wasn't too bad. She ate the rest of it, then said. "I guess some of them are okay." The meat would probably work the same way, if it was pinker in the middle, it might be edible for her.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:36 am 

Raphael watched as Lamia tried a fresh fruit and found it disgusting. She then ate a less fresh fruit and found it to be okay. It seemed that the more fresh the food was, and the more that a human would eat it, the more that it seemed disgusting to Lamia. At least she could eat some of the food, that while not the best, wouldn't seem weird for a human to eat. Based on this though, she might have difficulties with eating cooked meat. Maybe he could cook it just enough that it would seem normal.

Raphael realized that they were nearing the village. "We will have to see how it would go with cooked meat. When you eat with others, you will need to eat close to what they are, meaning that you will need to eat at least semi-fresh fruits and cooked meats. When it's just us you can eat what you are used to and enjoy. We are almost to the village. When we get there, let's get you some new clothes and then we can visit my mom. Oh! Have you ever tried bread or something similar? I have a piece wrapped up in a cloth in my pocket. Would you like to try?" Extracting te bread from his pocket, Raphael offered her the wrapped up piece of bread.

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 1:26 pm 

Left or right?

Lamia had never heard of bread, but when he brought it out she did recognized it. Though it didn't have any fuzzy green stuff on it like she was used to. They didn't eat it much, just when other things were hard to get. She heard the others complain about digging through trash after bringing it, but she was always just glad to eat. There was also sometimes bad parts of the bread that they tore off and left it for a few days.

She took the bread from Raphael, looking at it now, it didn't seem very appetizing. All of it looked bad but there was no harm in trying it since Raphael wanted her to. So she unwrapped it and took a bite, she almost immediately started coughing, it's taste and texture to her was disgusting. She scraped it off her tongue and wished she had something to rinse the taste out with. She then frowned at Raphael, "I don't like that either." Lamia was excited to go to the village and get new clothes and see his mother, but she really hoped she wouldn't have to eat more disgusting things while there.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:20 am 

Raphael watched as Lamia ate the bread and made a face of disgust. Raphael sighed. It did make sense that Lamia would find fresh bread to be disgusting as well. It wouldn't be fair to Lamia for her to have to eat food that she hates. But if she ate her normal food, it would cause confusion and possibly cause people to find out that she wasn't human. Perhaps a cover story?

"I'm sorry that the bread tasted disgusting, and I'll make sure that you don't have to eat anymore. Since normal human food tastes disgusting to you, we'll need a slight change in our cover story if it's okay with you. You'll still be an orphan I'm helping, but you'll also be a sick orphan. I took you to a healer and they prescribed certain foods to help you get better. That is why you won't eat any of the normal things human children eat, because they may worsen your condition. Because of this condition, you also sometimes can't be around other people and thus won't be seen for a few days. This will allow you to keep eating the food that tastes good to you without seeming too odd as long as you don't make it obvious. It also will provide an easy excuse for when you want to visit animal friends and be away from humans for a bit. Is that okay with you? We can change it some if you want, but we'll need to do it soon so that we can have a cover story that we both agree on solidly established before we reach the village."

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2016 11:15 pm 

Left or right?

Lamia listened closely, she did have one problem with the cover story. Rakashasa couldn't get sick with most normal illnesses, but she remembered one time one of them did get sick with something bad. The others forced him out of the cave and made him live far away and on his own afraid of getting sick themselves. She didn't know about humans, but if they were afraid of getting sick too, she wasn't sure what they'd do. The rest of it sounded really good though, and maybe she should just trust Raphael to know what he was doing. But she did think of one change that might make it go better, so she decided to practice talking about her 'condition' as well as seeing if he liked the change.

Lamia talked to him as if she had an audience and was incredibly convincing. "My name is Lamia and I'm an orphan, you found me when I was doing really badly and was so nice to have help me. I remember that you took me to a healer and they said that I had been cursed by a demon, probably the one that killed my parents. The healer prescribed certain foods to help me work through the curse, as normal food will make the curse worse. Sometimes the curse also makes it so I can't be around others and I might be kept away for a few days. It's hard to deal with sometimes, but you've helped me a lot and I think everything's going to be okay."

She then dropped the serious act and looked at him with a smile. "How's that, I know some Rakshasa can cast curses on people and other demons can do even more, some permanent. I thought that would be good so it makes me come across as an enemy of demons since I would obviously hate them so much. And if something happens like someone sees me change into an animal, we could say that's something the curse forces on me. Hopefully that won't happen though. But I'm really glad you thought of that, not just for the food, but it'll be great to be able to see my animal friends still and for some time to myself." Lamia was obviously a natural liar and schemer, even at her young age she could deceive others as good as any conman.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 12:14 am 

Raphael watched, amazed, as Lamia's persona completely changed. Had he not known her, he would have thought her a different person. Her being that good at assuming a cover would make things a lot easier and help prevent suspicion.

He smiled at her, "That was incredible Lamia! From what I can see, there should be little difficulty being in the village considering how good you are at acting. Your ideas for the changes to the story are also quite good. A curse definitely sounds more realistic than a mysterious disease. The fact that your curse is caused by demons should help prevent any suspicions that you may not be quite human. After all, what demon would live with humans and dislike other demons? I hadn't thought of that, but if the curse may turn you into an animal, it could provide a great alibi. It would odd, even for a curse, so perhaps we can mention that an unlikely side effect of the curse may be occasionally turning into an animal? It would show how turning into an animal would be rare or not happen at all. It also could be good to say that you would not turn dangerous if you turned into an animal, but would be harmless. That could prevent some panic if you turned into an animal that they find scary. Anyways, I'm glad you are happy about this cover story. One thing I just thought of is how much time would you want to spend with your animal friends. A small part of each day? More? Less?"

As Raphael finished speaking, he noticed that they were close to the village. It wouldn't be long before they were there.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:46 pm 

Left or right?

Lamia started to twirl her hair in thought, she was wondering what animals humans found scary. Bears maybe? They were certainly big, though they couldn't think them too scary if they killed her father while in bear form. Lamia wanted to see if Raphael thought bears were scary, so she transformed into one as they were walking. However, she turned into a bear cub and was hardly ferioucious looking, she spoke in the form. "Grr, I'm a scary bear, grrr." She swiped the air with her little paw, though being a bear cub again, soon brought up some bad memories. She quickly switched back to looking human, not seeming as cheerful as she had been just a second ago.

Lamia just looked down at the ground as she answered his questions. "I don't know, I didn't get to see them all that much before, only when I was able to sneak out of the cave. Which could never be for too long, I had to be back before everyone else was. So any time with them will be nice." She was thinking about how she used to go out to the forest with her father since she could turn into an animal, which was before she learned to walk. She was so young then, but the only reason she ever got to being friends with any of the animals was because he was friends with some and let her play with some of the animal children, she had known little wind for as long she could remember. She missed her father and the parts she could remember of him and what they did together. A black tear fell down her cheek, she wiped it away, hoping he wouldn't see. She sped up her pace a little bit so she would be slightly in front of him.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote: