All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: [IC] Gear Skates
PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2016 6:37 pm 

Medals: 1
Most Punctual (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

I watch as Hailey leads the kid on a chase through out our territory before she skids to a halt in front of the garage again. She takes off her shirt and throws it at the kid much to everyones surprise. "I won't lie boss, I don't like it but I can't deny it. The kid has potential. I don't care why he's running from his father, we've all got our demons but you gave him this test to see if he was worth our time. I'm putting my vote in as your Warchief, he's in." She says pulling a cigarette from her pocket and lighting it. "I'm worth her as well Boss. The kids okay in my book, as your street captain I give the kid a pass as well." A few more people who'd been watching all murmur in agreement.

"So, what's it going to be warlord?" I glance at the two of them. "Alright, you two F***ers were against him yesterday you don't get to double team me now." I say glaring daggers at the both of them my displeasure clear on my face. I sigh and a solider walks up and pats my back. "Heh, if they didn't mess with you," He starts and I chuckle at him. "I'd think, they'd think, I'd, they'd stopped caring, yeah, yeah, f***ing yeah." I laugh once again and pat his shoulder smiling then turn my atteiton back the new kid. "We'll start him off as a Prospect, we'll see where he goes from there." I say and a few people clap and smile as they hear the kids 'in' though he's not quiet in yet. Prospect much as the name would suggest is a probationary spot in any crew. However it also meant they'd done something to get them a chance to be part of the crew.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2016 10:57 pm 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)

As soon as she skidded to a halt, I gracefully pushed my own skates into a sort of v-shaped pattern and immediately came to a stop. It was yet another display of his skating ability that should have proved I would have been pretty useful to a gang like this. I also figured at this point the others must have been thinking that if they didn't let me in, then I'd find some other crew to hang around with. That would have given them plenty of trouble, and I was almost certain that was trouble that they weren't really looking for. While I had tried to avoid offering a smug smirk once I got some support from the two of them, I just couldn't help myself.

Turning around, I figured that I should give them a little bit of a thanks for even getting me in as a Prospect. Something told me that no matter what kind of skills I showed off that the chances of getting in were still fairly slim. Regardless, I was quickly searching around and soon enough offered the same cocky smirk to everyone else that was gathered there. "Hell, don't say all that like I'm gonna let you down, because I'm not. If you let me jam with the crew, then I'm gonna jam with the crew. I'm not gonna go screw around or sell you out."

It was true, though. If I was going to rebel away from my father, then I had no interest in sticking around doing the things that he wanted me to do. If they let me in the gang, then I had every intention of being extremely loyal.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:05 am 

Most Punctual (1)

"Don't get to cocky Jr." I sweep around and pull him into a head lock and give em' a nuggie. "Ey' Hailey ead's up." I grab her shirt and toss it back to her. "Obliged' Boss." She nods as she catches it. "Well don't sit round' like a barrel o' wet trout. Let's celebrate ready'!" It's Willam our ambassador who says this and everyone cheers. "Let's get sloshed!" Yashamada smiles and grabs the kid leading the charge into the garage while I hang back. The crews family but parties aren't my thing.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 4:29 pm 

Actually, while I probably should have decided to take it as more embarrassing than I had, I decided that the best thing to do here was just laugh at what she was doing to me. It did feel right, anyway. Anyway, though, I just grinned at them all and figured I should celebrate, but eventually I turned around a bit and tried to find the boss. Everyone seemed to be having fun except him. That being said, I wasn't sure if I should drink here. It would make things worse if a rival gang decided to come by and wanted to mess with us.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:31 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

I lean back smoking my cigarette casually by myself. Figured' let the gang have bit' of a party. There an't any harm in it as far as I can see. I just lean back and tilt my head to the sky to see some stars poking though the dull lights of the city. I can't help but wonder what will come next though I guess that life is just as it is. You never know what is going to happen today and yesterday is proof of that.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 4:20 pm 

Eventually, without having taken a drink, I made my way back toward the cigarette smoking head of our little gang. Well, at least internally I called it ours, but I figured that he wouldn't have taken too kindly to me having said that already. Still, I looked up toward him with a wry expression. "Why aren't you back there? I was having the time of my life, though I wanted to keep an out eye just in case." I was getting at the fact that I thought someone might try to mess with us on our own turf.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 7:32 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"No reason, just not a big party person." I say glancing off into the distance. "It's right cheery if you all want to party but I'm just not a big party person." I sigh and throw my finished cigarette out into the side street. "What about you, it's your party." I shoot back looking at the kid' he had to have some form of a reason for this chat.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:54 pm 

Shrugging for a moment, I actually ended up looking pretty detached as a result. I figured that with this crowd that was probably a good way to be. "Uh, I just figured that I shouldn't go pollutin' my body and slowin' myself down. It isn't good for the crew if I can't fight." While I wasn't sure how the boss would take this, I was at least being genuine. I wasn't just trying to score points or anything like that at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:12 am 

Most Punctual (1)

"So why did you run away?" I still wasn't totally sure about the kid. I'd keep my eye on him. However the fact he was willing to go this far for us to accept him. Well, my dad had a saying 'if someone's running away to find a real family chances are something is poisoning the well back home' he never told me what it might, he didn't need to, we wasn't no city folk, we all knew if you left family there was always, always a story to it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:00 am 

"Why did I run away, well, wouldn't you? I think genuinely that my father means well, but if that's the case and he wants to be such a good person, why did he leave mom and everything?" I shook my head and sighed. "He's all 'think of the children' and all that. What, does he think that I don't know how to tell right from wrong for myself? I'll do whatever I want. You still don't want me because of my background. Is that it?" Honestly I hoped that wasn't the case, because I thought I was proving my loyalty now.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:39 am 

Most Punctual (1)

"I needed to ask." Is all I say standing up and walking for the exit of the allyway. "We've a meeting tomorrow with another group, show up here around Noon and we'll let you know what's going on." I say rolling off for home I didn't feel like dealing with much else today.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 4:16 pm 

"I think I'm gonna stick around with the crew here for a while then, but I'll be sure to be here." Honestly I had no idea why he was going away just yet, though I didn't really like that. Out of everyone, it seemed like the leader was the most distrustful of me. Really I figured that would have been the case, but I didn't know just to what degree he would have acted like that.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:24 am 

Most Punctual (1)

Next Afternoon

"He's late." Hailey states as I pull the garage closed. "We've already given him half an hour we can't wait anymore. Warriors mount up we're heading out in five minutes if he's not here." I call out and they nod slipping wheel into their gears. We really couldn't be to late or else the whole thing would just fall apart and that's not a risk we could take.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 4:08 pm 

I did everything I could to get there, and I figured that the prominent black eye that I was already wearing when I did would show that I wasn't exactly late of my own freewill. For that matter, I figured that it would have also shown that this little meeting with another group wasn't going to go as planned. "Yo~" I figured I might as well act casual as I rolled into the place anyway to judge what kinds of responses I was going to get in turn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:44 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"About time mount up now we've got to move quick we're meeting with a few other crews to discuss a problem that's arising to quickly for us to like." I state as I start off. "Follow damn quick we can't be late if we are it'd be big problem for all the crews." I don't let on anymore. We couldn't handle this problem on our own no crew would dare go up against this problem on their own.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:24 pm 

Honestly, I figured that he was going to say something like that, so I don't fuss about that. As I mount up totally and skate off, following, I did figure that I should have filled in a few of the details, however. "Wait a minute, don't you wanna hear what happened? Some toughs tried to rough me up. I got 'em, but that doesn't matter. Someone is trying to sabotage this meeting with all the other crews I figure." Frowning, I still kept up my skating, following at whatever speed our fearless leader decided to keep up at.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:27 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Maybe, but all the crews were well aware that might happen. We'll handle it later, how familiar are you with the crews in the ghetto?" There isn't a lot of us in the ghetto's which is partly why wars for turf are normally settled though more civil means then just rolling in and clobbering one another. It's also part of the reason that there's only five crews in the Ghetto. The five that are here do their part to keep other crews out. Each big crew keeps an eye on smaller crews, most small crews don't have a full command line and get called Posses and work with a crew in a small turf set aside fro them. most posses are about 4-7 people big.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 1:27 am 

For a moment, I looked like I was pretty miffed about the way that this had been taken. I figured that they were going to make a bigger deal about getting into a fight and therefore getting delayed here. At the very least, I thought that I might be forgiven for having been delayed. Nevertheless, it had looked like none of those things were going to be true. Soon, though, I rolled my eyes. "I thought that this city was supposed to be perfectly planned and be without places like the ghetto. Yeah, of course I'm familiar with it. It's the place that my dad spend his entire career trying to hide from me." Scoffing again, I hope that would have been decently received by the others. I know I still had to convince them that I was loyal to them and not my dad.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 4:47 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Right well, can it we are there." I say as we slip though an open wall into an old crumbling warehouse. There are dozens of other rides here and they part ways when myself and my crew start making our way for the front. The other four Warlords are already there waiting looking a little bored and also slightly worried. I keep moving up to take my place among them.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2016 3:06 pm 

Certainly I didn't like being told to shut up, but then again I recognized that I talked too much. Still, I did my best to keep quite for now and simply follow along. I moved with the rest of his crew, figuring that I wasn't anywhere near a member of the correct underground social strata to actually accompany him. I kept my eyes peeled for anything that might have been strange. Honestly, I didn't really trust nearly anyone around here for obvious reasons.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next