All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:55 pm 

Medals: 1
Most Punctual (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"Both I guess." Is the best response I can manage. Better be prepared for anything. I'd learned that years ago, epically ehen meeting people's families. You never really know what you'll get. This was also the first girl aside from Rin I'd be going to vist at home.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:48 am 

Left or right?

Medals: 4
2nd Year (1) Supporter (1)
Gif Hunt Participant! (1) Gif Hunt Winner! (1)

Jenna sighed "My parents are kind and loving people, my mom can have unrealistic expectations but she means well, my father is kind and friendly but doesn't want anyone to see him in pain so he hides it. But the worst of my parents is when they have their depressive episodes, my mother has them more often and for longer, but when my dad goes into one, he can't function, calling off too many times is why he lost his job with Arthur Anderson. But meeting you they'll both be friendly, my mom might quiz you to make sure your a 'good boy' and my dad might make sure your not a prissy guy. But they'll be nice."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Kitten, you're purrfect. You're at the top of the acatemy.
You've cat to be kitten me right meow! Cat was ameowzing!
Awww, see, Kitten is just a kind cool cat. She appreciates the puns.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 4:27 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

Soon enough we're on our way up the steps to her house. I'm quiet and just follow along. I wasn't sure what else to really say. Her parents would no doubt ask me things from what she'd told me. So I guess I'll see how well that goes. I am a bit uneasy about it but whatever it's part of the game I guess.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm 

Left or right?

Jenna opened the door to their humble home, inside it was immaculately clean, though there was the smell of something yummy baking. There was also some tropical music playing quietly in the background. "Mom, Dad, I'm home! Brought someone with me." My mom answered back, having a Korean accent. "Go on and sit down in the living room, I'm making Hotteok." I led Henry to the living room, in which there was a TV with multiple consoles and a decent stereo system next to it. There was also a locked gun cabinet beside the entertainment system, it had a few rifles and shotguns. It wasn't a glorious home, but the items inside gave no indication that they were struggling financially. We sat down and after a moment my father came in. He was a big guy, possibly 6' 5" and the physique of a wrestler. He had a big smile on his face as he out stretched a hand to Henry. "Name's Mike, I've heard absolutely nothing about you, Jenna doesn't talk to us near enough about her school life." Then a small Asian woman of maybe 5' 4" came out with a tray of cinnamon and brown sugar filled pancakes. "Here you go, I'll be right back with some lemonade." And she turned around and left again.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:54 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Hm, that's not unusual." I'm not sure what to do, I've never really been over to anyone else house before aside from Rin's and Rin's father was... well he was so lad back you'd think he was in high school himself. "I'm er, Henry." I offer out my hand slowly, I was't sure what to expect however I needed to show off that I was fine. I didn't want Jenna to see that I was uncomfortable. It would be well, shorta lame if the person who was blackmailing you wasn't comfortable coming home with you. I needed to keep up an image of being strong and tough.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 6:02 pm 

Left or right?

Mike gave you a firm hardy handshake. He then looked at Jenna suspiciously, but still smiling he said "So, I've got to say, this is the first time Jenna has brought a boy home. Something you want to tell us?" Jenna's mom walked back in with another tray, this one with glasses and a pitcher of lemonade, she set it down on the table in the center of the room. I then sighed and smiled back at my dad. "Actually yes, me and Henry are dating now." Her mom looked over joyed, however Mike just looked Henry up and down thoughtfully. "What do you enjoy doing Henry?"

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 7:52 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Uh, normally I write a lot. I also box with a friend from growing up. My dad and I also do a lot of mechanical repairs together." True he was wheelchair bound he didn't let that stop him. He could still work on small sections of a car at his work bench. He didn't want his accident to stop his life and he didn't let it stop him.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:54 am 

Left or right?

When Jenna's mother heard you wrote a lot she looked thoughtful then bowed respectfully to everyone and said. "Excuse me." She then left to another room. Mike however grinned widely at the mention of boxing. "I have some boxing equipment myself, including training punching mitts. We could practice your form, it would be a great work out for you and most importantly give us a chance to talk as men. What do you say, you free this Saturday?" Jenna's mother came back shortly after, holding one of your books in her hands. "Is this you?" She asked softly. Jenna looked at the book and recognized it, she hadn't known you had wrote THAT book, her heart ached for a moment from the realization.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:05 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Hm, oh the Tomato Lord. Haha, my first story. God that brings back memories." While I was only 17 I've got roughly 32 different books in various genres like Cthulhu Mythos, Lovecraftian Horror, Post Apocalypse, Zombies, Fantasy and Dark Humor as well as random totally out there comedy that was so odd it just was funny. Most of my books were on the verge of sanity and had earned several titles for myself the most prominent being 'Arkham's Favorite Son', 'Cthulhus Shepard', and the one I tend to go by 'Western Samurai' a playoff of my American blood and looks but being born in Japan. They'd also earned my various awards like Best Author, an award of the Lovecraftian Society and one for Best Screen Play & one from the Rappers Collage.

The Tomato Lord was a silly story about a boy who could speak with Tomato's and his Journey to save his father's Tomato farm. It ended with a grand stand off against a cliche villain who ties his father to a steam train and the boy riding an army of nearly 150,000,000 Tomato's slams into the train captures and villain and saves his father. I notice the seal on the book. "Are you a fan of my work?" I ask kindly taking one of the glasses of lemonad. "And er no Mike, sorry but me, my agent and my editor Rin all are going to a book signing sadly. Writers stuff. What about Sunday?" I ask being respectful these people didn't seem like they were bad to me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:38 pm 

Left or right?

Jenna's mother didn't seem to be in a very good mood consider she just met one of her favorite authors. "Yes, I have all of your books, I enjoyed them all, you are an amazing writer. Now if you'll excuse me I must put this back where it belongs." She bowed again and then left to the other room. Mike was no longer grinning but said. "Sunday would be great. Now I'll be back in a minute or so, feel free to play some games on the entertainment system. Or if you have homework to do, Jenna, I trust you'll be responsible as always." He then got up and left after his wife.

Jenna felt like she should explain. "We were in a rough situation before and my mother was very depressed, she could do very little. But she used your books as an escape, got her through that time in a way. But they can sometimes bring her back to that emotional turmoil she was in at that time, she's gotten very depressed at the mere mention of them before. She's better with it sometimes, her depression comes and goes, but I would still appreciate it if we avoided bringing them up to her in the future, my mother is very delicate." Jenna was put out herself, as she herself was thinking about that time and how hard it was on her. But she did her best not to show it. She smiled at Henry. "Where is the book signing at, maybe I could stop by, we certainly have enough books for you to sign. I have only read a few myself, but did enjoy them."

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 11:57 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Karku's Place." It was a well known but small store. I was going to announce the release of my next book there as well. People had heard a few rumors and a lot of things were going to be clarified at the signing. "I'm sorry about your mother, but here." I go into my bag and pull out a rough draft. "Give her this as a gift to make up for it. It's the first chapter of my new book." I'd written it earlier with some of the material I'd gotten already.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:58 pm 

Left or right?

Jenna smiled brightly. "She'll love this, thank you, and I'll give it to her when she's doing well. So that way she can have some writing of yours associated with good memories." Jenna was liking Henry more and more, anyone who tried to make the people she cared about happy was someone she could like. Whether or not the way Henry had introduced himself to her was bad, his actions since then were admirable and she appreciated that. Jenna looked at Henry and couldn't help smiling, his gesture towards her mother was the first thing he'd done that actually made her sincerely happy, which was a rare feeling in of itself. Without thinking, she leaned forward and kissed him on the lips. Her first sincere romantic gesture to him. She then sat back to see his reaction.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:37 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

I was surprised to say the least. I blink once, twice than three times. I feel my face flush a deep shade of Red. "T-t-that's a k-k-kiss huh..." I say not sure how to respond I nod slowly gathering up my things. "I'll s-see you t-t-tomorrow." I head out still unsure of how to react. I was so flustered and taken back. I'd leapt into this without thinking and been caught of guard.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:54 pm 

Left or right?

Jenna frowned, had she scared you off, did she go farther than she should have? Maybe she was more invested in this than was part of the plan. It wasn't something she expected to happen, it just felt right. Like it or not Jenna couldn't do everything herself as much as she wanted to, you 'helping' by offering something to her mother to make her happy, made Jenna feel like she actually was in a relationship, that was obviously not your intention, but that's how she felt and she acted as such. Whether or not you wanted to slow things down and keep it to a more 'professional level' was something you would have to decide and then let her know. Until then she would see you tomorrow continuing to be the happy self she presented herself as. Later her father came back in, asking where you were, she explained you had to leave suddenly and that you apologized for the abrupt exit. Her father just shrugged and asked if she wanted to play some Halo, she declined as she had homework to do.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 4:44 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

Next Morning, School Entrance

I slowly look over at Rin who runs up and jumps at me I catch her and spin her around. "Hey, your back how was your night?" I ask glacing at where her horns normally would be. I'd gone over to file them down last night after that shocker at Jenna's place. It takes nearly five hours to file the damn things down but I managed to take care of it. "Was, good we've got student council on Monday don't forget." I nod, it was Friday today so there isn't anything going on aside from my outing with Jenna. Rin slowly walks off and I pat her head. She's about 5' 2'' and rather shorter then me so I pat her head whenever I can. She just keeps walking not giving in and giving me a response.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 6:56 pm 

Left or right?

Jenna rode her bike to school as usual, there was still a pit in her stomach from yesterday and your reaction to the kiss. But she put on a smile as she had to greet her friends. Having to keep up with her friends and remain in the center of the popular groups was just another tiring job to her. It was just something she saw that she had to do, so she did. Her mother brought her up under the idea that if she fell from popularity she in a way failed. Jenna worked very hard not to fail at anything.

Eventually she got away from her friends and looked for you, still feeling anxious about yesterday, she really wanted to see how you acted today. Seeing you as a young girl walked away, she put on a smile and walked up to you. "Hi! How are you doing this morning?"

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:04 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"It's okay so far. We're still on for later today." I pat her shoulder as I pass. "Also, that was Rin. Though given she's the president of the Student council I'm willing to bet you've at least seen her once before." I say walking off as some of my buddies swarm me and start laughing and joking around about how I'd miss a big party.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 8:39 pm 

Left or right?

Jenna had tried to be Rin's friend a while ago, but she was very abrasive and didn't seem to have any interest in being friends with Jenna. She could have just caught her at a bad moment but ever since Jenna had steered clear of Rin. Some of her friends had once spread rumors that they had a rivalry but Jenna didn't care enough to bother being friends or enemies with her. Jenna tried to be friendly with people, and if they weren't receptive she just moved on. But now Jenna didn't know how to feel, she didn't realize that when you said your editor Rin to her dad that you meant her. If you two were close, should she be more open minded about her? And if you two were close, why hadn't you asked her to be your girlfriend, do you just not care for her that way, or did she reject you. Jenna shook her head and realized she was overthinking this, she would just put on her friendly persona as always and let it work itself out.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:48 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

I slowly sit down at lunch on the roof, I know she'll be around soon. I had dropped a note into her locker when I grabbed mine. I needed to warn her soon. If I didn't... holy ****... if I didn't warn her it'd get ugly really F***ing fast. I know damn well how Rin is and what she can do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2016 9:53 pm 

Left or right?

I was on my way to the roof, I had that anxious feeling again, I didn't like it. But I kept my smile as I made my way up the stairs to the roof.

So many cat puns. | +
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:
Metilinos wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 120 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next