All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 7:01 pm 

Medals: 1
Most Punctual (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

A young man glances out the window as the limo turns down the road to go towards the academy he sighs slowly, he took this job on a whim It already felt like a bad idea. "So you have everything you need?" He glances over at the client and nods at her. "Yes, I think I'll be okay to handle this job. Don't worry I'll figure out what's going on." Is all he says not fully awake or over his jet lag yet.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2016 9:23 pm 

Medals: 6
Dedicated Partner (1) Most Patient (1)
1st Year (1) Supporter (1)

Oliver and Dalia Burks had their five children packed up in a van and were heading down the road to the Bismarck Academy. That was where their children would be getting their education while they were working. The Burks family was in Germany because Oliver Burks was an Academy award winning director and his wife was a set designer. The studio wanted him to a trilogy of movies and film them back to back. The hope was they would be a huge hit like the "Lord of the Rings". It was a big budget film and that meant lots of long, long hours working. Oliver and Dalia loved their children, if they had summer projects, the kids were invited onto the set each day. However, this would be a long process making three movies and the kids still need a proper education.

Dalia and done her research and thought the Bismarck Academy was the best bet while the family was living in Germany. It wasn't far from the town where they were filming, Oliver and Dalia would be able to see children a lot but the kids would also be well taken care of. All she read was very positive things about the place. Her elder son, Trey, wasn't as sure. Trey, like all his siblings, was adopted. His parents had adopted him as a toddler from Sudan. He was pouring over his tablet and asked his mother.

"Mom? You sure about this place?"

"Yes, Trey."

Dalia replied. Trey was fifteen and so smart. He could take a computer apart and put back together. She was clueless sometimes about technology, she was a set designer and had a more artistic mind, not a technological one. All she ever had to do was ask Trey something and he either knew the answer or he could find it out rather quickly. Oliver, who was driving, looked at Trey in the rear view mirror.

"Son, you know Mom wouldn't never let you guys go to a place she wasn't a thousand percent sure about."

"Yeah, but-"

Trey frowned and his older sister, Olivia, squeezed his shoulder.

"We'll be okay, Trey."

Olivia was the oldest of the Burks children. She had just turned eighteen, and was in her final year of schooling. She had been the first child Oliver and Dalia had adopted. They found her in San Juan, Puerto Rico as a baby. As the oldest, she felt very protective of her younger siblings. She whispered in her brother's ear.

"Tell me what you found later, okay? Let's not worry Mom."

Trey nodded his head.

ImageImage

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:48 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

He slowly steps out of the limo and slowly turns smiling kindly and offers a hand to her. "Your stop mi' lady." As she lets out a smile chuckle he smiles as she takes his hand and helps her out. "Anyway, let's make way for my office so we can discuss what you want me to do." She says taking the lead and he follows along eyeing over the campus and the people along the way. The switch is so fast it is a bit scary he goes from happy and laughing to serious and scanning the group in a matter of seconds.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:01 pm 

The Bismark Academy was an impressive sight. It screamed that you had to have money to afford this place. The Burks did have money, lots of money, even if it was considered newer money. Olivia made a face as they pulled in. The students walking about were wearing uniforms. She didn't like that idea at all.

"Do you think they'll make me change my hair?"

Olivia asked her mom, who replied.

"Probably. Most schools won't let you have pink hair anyway."

Dalia reminded her daughter. While Dalia didn't truly care for Olivia's hair color choice, she let her have it. Some things were not worth fighting over and a hair color wasn't. Dalia was sure eventually Olivia would get over that phase and allow her hair to go back to its natural dark brown color. Or at least dye it a more natural color. The kids exited the car and Oliver told his family.

"Let's head in."

Everyone nodded their heads. Trey still looked pretty unsure about the whole thing and Olivia knew that once her parents left, she would be the one in charge of the family here. She was the oldest child and used to looking out for her younger brothers and sisters.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:22 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

There's a knock on the door and he stands up and goes over and opens it. "Ah yes, the Burks. Henry, please see yourself out. I'm sure you must be tired after such a long flight. Your dorm isn't to far I'm sure you can find it on your own." He nods ducking out of the room and heading off for the place where his room was. Slipping his Staff I.D in his pocket. His cover was a good one, he was the Headmistresses Fiancé and a new teacher at the academy. A gym teacher as befitting his years in the CIA.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:28 pm 

The Burks were directed to the Headmistress' office. Oliver held the door open for Henry to pass through and for his family to come in. They had no idea that Alice had a special reason for him being here and it wasn't too keep her 'fiance' close.

"Hello, Miss Belruse. I'm Oliver Burks. This is my wife, Dalia. Our eldest child, Olivia. Our son, Trey. Our daughter, Ming. And these two are the twins, Gavin and Fiona."

Oliver said, introducing his family and each child said hello when introduced. When Dalia made arrangements for her children to join the academy, she had not told anyone her children were adopted. She never saw the need to. They were all her children in her heart and she loved them all very much. Besides, it was obvious they were anyway. Oliver and Dalia were Causcian. When she and Oliver discovered they would not be able to have biological children, they had decided to adopt. Olivia was from Puerto Rico, Trey from Sudan, Ming had been born in China, and the twins had been born in Ireland. It did upset Dalia when people would ask her questions about her family. Why didn't they attempt to find kids that looked like them? Why didn't they at least adopt them all from the same country? And many more, it was no one's damn business. Her family was perfect to her and she certainly hoped Miss Belruse did not ask any rude questions about their family.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2016 10:27 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Ah welcome, don't mind my Fiancé he is just tired from the jet lag, he had to return from a conference in America about dodgeball, I'll never understand why he became a gym teacher but we love whom we love Mr and Mrs Burks. It's a pleasure to meet all of you." She offers out her hand smiling kindly but notices one of the boys looks. If she recalls right from his file its Trey. She will need to keep an eye out.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 5:23 pm 

"I think being a gym teacher would be cool."

Olivia told Alice, a little annoyed that she apparently looked down on the profession. She had always loved sports and thought exercise was important. What was wrong with teaching people how to live active lives? Oliver could see his eldest child getting annoyed and didn't want her to automatically hate this place because of the comment. He told Alice.

"Olivia has always loved sports. Do you have any teams here?"

Hopefully if she joined a sporting team, it would keep her occupied. He'd also have to find out what other extracurricular activities the academy had for his other children. Trey didn't want to be here. He knew his mother could barely send an email and had no idea how to actually use her Facebook account, but he wished she knew how to Google search. If she had...Then she wouldn't want them here.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2016 11:21 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"You'd need speak to Henry, he has just returned but I'm sure if your daughter would like we can arrange a meeting today or tommorow. As for what type of clubs as a whole, well mostly students found their own clubs. Because we're such a large group of cultures we've got many various clubs from Occult Reasearch to your normal Cooking Club." She explains watching their reactions carefully.

"I am sorry but I also just returned from a trip so I am also going to turn in early." She presses her intercom slowly and when it beeps she answers. "Mrs.Gorbets please come show the Burks to their dorms." She turned shakes their parents hands one more time and smiles. "Students, their is a curfew of 8:30 PM to return to dorms after day activities." She offers a smile then departs as her assistant enters.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2016 9:08 pm 

Olivia told Alice.

"Yeah, I definitely want to ask him about that."

Olivia definitely wanted to be involved in a sport or two while she was here in the Academy. She'd go crazy if she didn't stay active. When Alice said the school had a wide variety of clubs, it did spark interest in the other children. Ming's eyes lit up when she mentioned a cooking club. Ming loved to cook. She was also the shyest of the five kids, a club would help her make friends. Olivia told Ming.

"You should definitely find out more about the cooking one."

Ming nodded her head but Trey looked unsure. Olivia wished the adults would leave so she'd be the only adult left, even if she just turned eighteen, and find out what was wrong with her brother. The Burks shook Alice's hand and told her goodbye. They introduced the family to Mrs. Goberts and Olivia asked her.

"Does the curfew apply to everyone? I'm eighteen now."

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 11:28 am 

Most Punctual (1)

"Sadly yes, unless you fill out a form to leave campus after 8:30 PM which I can provide for you at a later date should you ask for one. The Curfew only applies to being in the dorm by 8:30 PM. The dorms all have rec-rooms as well as their own kitchen should you wish to buy something from the school store." She explains slowly and kindly starting off. "However, we should get you settled in for today we can worry about finer details in the morning." She starts out the door slowly waiting for them to follow.

Headmasters Residents

Henry sits at the desk in the office the headmistress has provided for him in her on campus house. He's pouring over documents and smoking a cigarette window open and smoking exiting. Despite being tired from Jet Lag he really wants to start working on this case. He's already got something as well. Setting down the papers for the 11th student who was taken and returned. "Working hard there Mr.CIA boy." He spins around like a bullet to see the headmistress of the school Alice, his client and oddly enough 'Fiancé' for this job. "Yeah I am, and I found something." Her eyes shoot up as she leans over his shoulder. "Really already, what did you find then?" She ask confused she and the staff had been looking them over for days and hadn't noticed anything.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:12 pm 

Olivia wasn't thrilled with Mrs. Goberts' reply. She was at a tough age. Technically an adult but still a kid since she hadn't completed her schooling yet. That was the problem with having a birthday late in the year. Dalia told her daughter.

"You'll have plenty of time to figure it out. Let's get you all settled in first and then you and your siblings can work out the rest."

Dalia knew Olivia, Olivia was the type of person who always wanted to know everything all at once. She was a good person but not the most patient one. Olivia sighed but agreed with her mother. She and her family followed the woman around for a short tour of the academy and where their dorms would be. Trey paid the most attention to where the exits were located. He had a bad feeling about this place.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:47 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"My God. Henry, this is shocking." Alice says dropping the papers. "And you're sure?" She ask still stunned from the news. "Positive, I have never been wrong before." He says looking over his shoulder at her. "If this is true then you need to begin looking right away." He nods as he glances out the window to where the sun is setting. "Yes, I will start in the morning, however I'm going to turn in for now." He says and she nods as he stands and heads for his room.

Next Morning...

He looks out over who is in his first class. He sees that he's got the older girl from the other day when he left the office and takes mental note of it. He'd need to keep an eye on her. If his theory was right and he's sure it was. "Alright class, my name is Mr.Corelone and yes, like in the godfather." He lets out a sigh, he almost always hears that joke when on a job. He figured he'd nip it in the butt before it starts here as well. "I'm your new gym teacher, also I am Headmistresses Belruse's Fiancé." He goes along with his introduction then looks over over his 'class'. "Now are there any questions?" He is hesitant but asks this anyway.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:46 pm 

After the tour of the academy, it was time for Oliver and Dalia to leave. They gave their children hugs and kisses. Promising to see them every weekend. The Burks were good parents and never liked to be away from their children long. Olivia, taking on the role she was very comfortable with, being the leader of the kids, told her younger siblings.

"We'll be fine."

Ming, Gavin, and Fiona seemed to agree with her. Trey wasn't as sure. Although he didn't want to scare the younger three. Later that night, when it was just him and Olivia, he showed his older sister the stories he found on the Internet about Bismark Academy.

"...This place...It's weird, Liv."

Trey told her and Olivia frowned.

"Then we'll just have to do what we always do, Trey. We stick together."

Trey hoped that would be enough but he wasn't that sure.

-----------------------

The next morning, Olivia was willing to wear an uniform but until ordered to do so, she planned to keep her dark pink hair. Her first class was Henry Corelone's class. Olivia had traveled with her parents all her eighteen years of life. She had been enrolled in many different schools and met many different types of teachers. She actually enjoyed gym class and thought this Henry didn't look like normal gym teachers. He was in really good shape, like a soldier was. Olivia raised her hand.

"Yeah, I do."

She said and when her teacher said she could ask, she said.

"What kind of sports are we going to do in your class?"

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 5:54 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Hm, well so far I've got the green light for Basketball, Track & Field, Fencing, Dogeball, Boxing, Karate and right now permission slips for using the schools woods as well as gun range for a gun safety class are in the works. I don't think I caught your name though?" He offers a disarming grin, he was well read on most of his students but he hadn't been told that a new student was going to be tossed in as well.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:27 pm 

The some of the sports Henry brought up, interested Olivia. She already ran Track and had been wanting to try boxing and karate. He'd probably be surprised that she knew how to use a gun. Her father had filmed a movie about a team of Navy Seals six months ago, and a real one had been on the set to make sure it was an accurate as possible. With her parents' permission, the Seal had taught her and Trey some of the basics of using a gun and gun safety. Their mother had not been thrilled but Oliver had argued that their children had the right to know how to protect themselves.

"Olivia Burks, my father is the Academy award winning director, Oliver Burks."

Olivia replied to Henry when he asked her name. She always threw in who her father was when she introduced herself. She had attended enough of these rich schools to know you had to throw in who your parents were to impress other students. They were snobs and had lots of money. If you didn't, then you'd be shunned around here. She'd drop the names of famous actors her father had worked with and she had personally met on the set. While Hollywood money was newer money, a lot of teenagers were star struck. It made life easier when you could say that Brad Pitt and Jennifer Lawrence had been at your house before.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 7:48 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

"Mhm, I know him. I think I met him once before." He says leaving it open to questions for a reason. He had worked with Mr.Burks years ago when he first left the CIA a little snag came up and he needed to smooth it over. That aside it'd been years and he was a very different looking man now. "At any rate, we'll start of easy, since it's nice weather we'll go out to the track and do a few laps." He says starting for the doors. "Let's move people, the faster and harder we work the better the results will be." He was eager to start looking for suspects and get to the bottom of this case but he wasn't really sure where to start looking.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:06 pm 

Olivia looked at Henry in surprise.

"Oh, you do? My mom is right, it is a small world."

Olivia didn't remember meeting her new gym teacher before. She wondered how Henry knew her father. He knew a lot of people, often consulted with people to make his movies as accurate as possible. However, Olivia was pretty sure her dad wouldn't consult a gym teacher for a movie. Which made her wonder what Henry had done for a living before taking this job. Of course, she couldn't ask him right now. They were in class. Later, though, Olivia planned to find out how her new teacher knew her father. Some students groaned about running, but others were okay with it. Olivia nodded her head and tied her long hair back into a ponytail. She took off running, beating some of the boys.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 4:36 pm 

Most Punctual (1)

He stands at the start point watching people pass after about for or five laps he calls them over into line. "Alright, we'll play some dogeball today Burks you're team captain for red." He says pointing at her and then a random student. "Alright back to the gym." He knew his TA had set it up by now so he starts back and then starts jogging. "Double time it." He calls out and hears the groans and spins around jogging backwards. "No groans, let's go." He says not losing his speed.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2016 3:17 pm 

Olivia had done five laps and about to start her sixth, when Henry called her over. She wiped sweat from her forehead and nodded her head when he appointed her captain of the red team. The captain of other team told her.

"You're going down, Pinky."

"I doubt that."

Olivia replied confidently. She was pretty competitive and didn't like to lose. Sometimes her parents had to yell at her and remind her that games were just games. She'd get into them too much at times. She took off jogging to head back inside the gym.

ImageImage

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next