All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 6:50 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"What is the meaning of all of this!?" Gellid shouted as he approached the idle students. "What is this dragon doing off course?"

"The boys were taunting Geir. Razeth is just trying to protect her master, sir." Juniper explained, shooting another glare at Ajax. It was then another dragon landed on the ground; it was a molten red-orange colour and resembled a salamander with wings. It hissed at Razeth.

"Two can play at that game," retorted Ajax. Soon all the dragons dropped to the ground, all but Denzel who circled above them in the air, screeching at the disobedient juveniles. Aynir positioned himself near Razeth and growled at Ajax's dragon, reassuring Razeth that he had her back.

"You will do no such thing!" Gellid yelled. "All of you stop this at once! There will be no childish fighting in my arena. The enemy is out there, not in here, you insufferable fools." He continued lecturing the students, commanding all to step down or face consequences.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:59 pm 

Medals: 4
Completed RP (1) Supporter (1)
Recruiter (1) Gif Hunt Participant! (1)
Blog: View Blog (4)

Razeth nuzzled against the cowardly boy who hid under his hood during the so-called "ridiculing session." Geir looked up to his dragon with his fearful eyes, showing a gentle smile upon who defended him. To Geir, he thought that Gellid had no idea what a true bond was like. Meanwhile, Razeth obeyed Gellid and refrained herself from attacking Ajax's dragon.

Geir, again, covered his face with own hood. He would not want to show his face around the students ever again. But he looked at Gellid, thinking that he made a mistake. He wished he wasn't supposed to look like this in the first place. He looked up to Juniper as his best friend. The one who would never do anything to hurt him.

"Thank you." Geir spoke to Juniper.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:30 pm 

All dragons back down, especially as Denzel landed behind his master and roared mightily to regain control of the class. The large dragon puffed smoke from his nostrils, like Gellid he liked things to go a certain way.

"Sir, I have a family name to uphold, I don't want some ghost boy holding me back," Ajax complained. "It's bad enough dealing with Galewood."

"Excuse me?" Juniper roared, clenching her fist so tightly.

"Oh, what are you going to do abo--" He began provoking her, Juniper's fist twitched until she could not hold it in any longer. Her knuckles came in contact with his chin, knocking him backwards. Aynir immediately took to her guard as Ajax's dragon leaped up and growled.

"That's what I'll do." She replied smugly. Juniper caught a glimpse of Geir in the corner of her eye, she was somewhat alarmed that he had thanked her. She was only doing what she thought was right. She spoke to him in a hush voice: "Don't hide your face, there's no reason to be ashamed of who you are. You're letting them win if you hide."

Gellid did not have the energy to yell anymore, believing his words fell on deaf ears. With a sigh he helped the knocked over boy up and gave Juniper a look.
"Juniper, we are not here to pick fights. And to you, Ajax, nothing good will come from bullying others." He said quietly, crossing his arms. "I think what we need is some team building exercises."

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm 

"Um... teacher?" Geir approached to Gellid, curious about what sort of exercise did he had in mind for Juniper and Ajax, "Are these team building exercises simple or...? I mean... I don't want both of them to get hurt."

He seemed uncomfortable about Gellid's method in disciplinary actions. He could get involved since he and his dragon got in trouble for disregarding the objective. But even so, he wanted to be part of this lesson. Even Razeth looked at Gellid funny, but would be more likely to judge him for his actions. Geir ordered Razeth to shush a bit, in which she simply followed and nodded.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:16 pm 

Gellid smiled and patted Geir on the head. "It's not just those two who will be doing the team exercise," he replied smugly. Juniper had a terrible feeling rising in her stomach, Gellid did not smile often and she sensed that it was reserved for moments of cruelty. "Everyone follow me. Denzel, fly to the mountain tops, we'll all meet you there by foot." He led on, marching briskly and chuckling under his breath.

Reluctantly the students followed. Aynir cocked his head to the side, glancing up at Juniper in bewilderment. He unfolded his wings slightly and lowered his neck. "No boy, not right now," she said softly, caressing his head. "Looks like we're walking this one." Aynir huffed, folding his wings back into place while he kept close to owner, he did not like where Gellid's plan was going. The students continued their 'march of shame' through the town, following the path up the mountain.

The mountain path was steep, almost half a day's climb. Juniper gulped as she gazed up, she had flown up there so many times that it had begun to seem small to her but the unwinding path appeared long and arduous. She matched her pace with Gier. "I'm so sorry to got you involved with all of this."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:22 pm 

Geir did not respond but with a worried look in his face. He thought that these students would give him a chance to be part of them, but he was wrong. Worst of all, he thought that he got Juniper in trouble. Now that he knew about Gellid, he was not satisfied with him at all. As for Razeth, she did appreciate Juniper for stepping up to Geir. If it was not for her, Geir would have been beaten to death.

He looked at the mountain and noticed how high it was. It was rather majestic, but its biome may be difficult for those who travel there, especially without the proper supplies. But for Gellid's case, things were about to change for the worse. If this was supposed to be a team building experience, why did it had to take it up to eleven?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:44 pm 

"Sir, what is it you're actually planning?" A voice from the crowd of students eventually worked up the courage to ask.

Gellid chuckled, leading on as he cleared his throat.
"Well children, back in my day when there was conflict within the team, our instructor would take us up the mountain. We would have to build a shelter, forage for food and most importantly; work together." He lectured, smiling proudly over simpler times of his youth. "Nowadays you might find it excessive but this exercise has never failed before. In fact, my closest friendships were built on that very mountain top." This time he shot a glance at Juniper. He and her father were close, Gellid was there the most for Yonec when her mother died. She remembered many nights, seeing them sit in front of the fire; trading stories of the triumphs of battle and of Juniper's mother's courage.
Juniper wished that Gellid could be as gentle with his students as he is with her father. She supposed she had the earn the right to be treated kindly by her male elders.

"Wait... You're leaving us on the mountain?" Ajax interjected.

"Yes. Overnight should do it." Gellid confirmed. He paused for a moment, watching the landscape while he processed his plans. "In fact, I would like Juniper and Geir to be team captains. You two may delegate responsibilities." He was curious to see how things would unfold. Allowing Geir and Juniper dominance over the rest of the group would hopefully bridge the gap that the students had so quickly established. He recognised that Geir was different, there was no denying that but he had no reason to believe that Geir was weak. Letting him be in charge would enable Gellid to see just how capable the boy was. In the case of Juniper, he wanted to push to her to strive for better.

Juniper gulped. Trying to mask her nerves behind a smile, she turned to Geir; "Captains, eh? Sounds like fun."

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:46 pm 

Geir was actually new at leadership, yet he was not surprised to notice that Juniper may had some leadership skills. On the bright side, Geir could turn the tables on the bullies and would most likely order them around. But he had no idea how leaderships work. A few students looked at each other, muttering about both Juniper's and Geir's leadership. One student, named Louie, began to complain about the dangers of surviving at least one night.

"But we won't survive like this!" Louie said with fear, "What if we encounter monsters in the mountains?! We'll be dead within seconds!"

Geir then turned towards Juniper and began to question his and her leadership. "I really don't know anything about this... What if I make a mistake...?" He looked back and fourth in between Juniper and the children.

"Having Snow White as our leader may be a problem for us..." Louie continued, and telling "true" facts about albinos, "What if he summons ghosts or something wicked while our back is turned!? What if he became a werewolf and eat us all?!" An awkward silence stirs around the mountains. Even Geir had no idea what he was talking about. Probably what he said were just myths.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 18, 2016 4:26 pm 

Juniper could not contain her excitement over being chosen leader. Now was the time to put those boys in order. She would start with Ajax, perhaps making him the first lookout for the night or have him search for kindling, anything that would be tedious enough to annoy him. She giggled with evil intent. She, of course, worried about Geir's leadership skills. It was not that she did not believe in him but worried over how the boys would react.

Nudging his shoulder in an encouraging manner, she flashed a smile at her friend. "Don't worry about it. We'll work together, that way there will be no way of making a mistake."

Ignoring the gossip around her, she cleared her throat loudly to grab the attention of the other boys. With arms crossed at her chest and narrowing her brows into a glare, she addressed her audience: "Only children believe things like that. Here I thought I was among dragon riders not little babies who afraid of a bit of pale skin." She snorted to further her disgust at them. That should put them in line.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 6:58 pm 

"Ach!!! S-S-Sorry ma'am!" Louie stammered in response to Juniper's intimidation, "I-I-I was just... uhh... hooo boy... I'm gonna get in trouble for this, am I?" Louie was described to be a slightly chubby child with blonde hair, green eyes, and freckles around his face. He was also a worry-wart due to his suspicions on everyday life. Most likely he gained false knowledge from his paranoid mother of his, and often took it too seriously.

Geir seemed to trust Juniper since she was confident enough to get him and the other out of this predicament. However, he would not stay mad at Louie, since he was not like the others in terms of aggression. He seemed harmless to his point of view, but was rather quite something. Anyway, Geir turned his attention to the people in which he had given the power of leadership.

"If we're going to survive this for the whole night, we all have to work together as a team. We need to hunt for food, build us a shelter, and defend ourselves from predators around us. If we don't survive, then we will fail. The least we can do is do our best. We can do this together."

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:43 pm 

A smile curved on Juniper's lips. It felt good to be in a position of power, although she did feel a little guilty for frightening Louie. At least he'll be easier than the others to deal with. "Just watch what you say about my friend," she replied with an intimidating smirk. Aynir, too, could not help but feel the same pride as his master. Since he was a hatchling, he has stood by Juniper's side while the other boys picked on her for various reasons. He had no sympathy for the chubbier child, if he had any decency before then he could have stood by Juniper instead of hiding behind the other boys. Aynir, despite his pacifist ways, could not shake off his undiluted loyalty and love for Juniper.

Softening her expression, Juniper turned to Geir.
"You're right! We need to plan." She eagerly rubbed her hands together as she thought. "How about we split into teams. The fastest and agile go hunting, the strongest and resilient put on defense and the more creative and intuitive can build shelters. We'll make sure everyone has a weapon, we'll make staffs for those who left their's behind." For a moment, Juniper pondered who would best fit in each group. Perhaps she could ask Gellid if she could peak at his class notes before he vanished for the evening. She didn't know everyone all that well, but she easily picked out some of the best of the class; as she previously had picked them out as her biggest competition.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:10 pm 

Geir would be most likely to take charge as the hunting group. It seemed that he could be fast enough to capture an animal or two. He began to pick a couple of students that had a slim bodytype and/or would be the fastest. However, he would most likely pick Louie, much to his surprise.

"M-Me?! But...," Louie stammered at Geir while approaching him with caution, "I never hunted anything before! Please tell me it's easy. I can't handle the hard stuff." Apparently the hardest difficulty was not part of his motif. Now all was left was for Juniper to pick certain students to join her team. But she may have to choose wisely as some may not take her seriously.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 9:07 am 

Juniper felt that she would be best suited in the defense team. She had already demonstrated her strength today so she figured there would be little argument. While on defense, Juniper could manage the last team that were tasked with building shelters. She would appoint a leader for that group but would keep an eye on them, making sure everything would go smoothly. Already she was eyeing up the broader shouldered boys, assuming that they would have a weight advantage. Her eyes glossed over Ajax, ultimately she decided to take him for her group, the only other option for him was hunting and she preferred him not causing trouble for Geir.

In a low voice, Juniper questioned Geir on his team choices. "Are you sure Louie is best?" She kept her head down to make sure that Louie could not overhear. It was not that she did not trust him but felt that he did not have the confidence to be a hunter. "You don't want him getting hurt or holding you back."

Still as energetic as when he began, Gellid marched to the mountain top. Denzel - bathing in the remaining patch of sunlight - raised his head at the arrival of his master. Rider and dragon greeted each other fondly. This particular spot on the mountain was overrun with trees and looming boulders, flecks of light peered through the leaves while the plants forced in the shadows stretched tall in order to reach the sunlight. With a quick glance, Juniper could spot foraging berries and weeds that could be made into a soup if there were no meat to be found.
"Alright children, here is where I leave you."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 3:45 pm 

"I guess this is it. This is where have to work together in order to get out of this predicament," Geir spoke with Juniper relating to their mission in the mountains, "I hope we can do our best to survive all this. To be fair, it could have been worse..." With that being said, Geir now had a team to command. Even Louie was cooperating. Well, almost. At least the mountain area seemed peaceful. Maybe it would be seemingly easy after all. Keyword: seemingly.

By the way, to answer Juniper's questioning about Geir picking Louie, he had to voice a reason for his choice. "He does not seem to be a bad person unlike Ajax," Geir commented, "But he should probably keep his myths to himself..." Louie was lucky that he did not get yelled at since Geir was more of a pacifist towards some nice people, including the most unusual ones.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 4:30 pm 

With a sigh, Juniper accepted Geir's judgement. It was true; Louie would be much easier to deal with than Ajax. At least Juniper could keep a closer eye on Ajax with him being in her group and she would happily deliver another blow to his nose if he stepped out of line.

With all the students gathered, Gellid clasped his hands together as he addressed them. "Here are the rules;" Denzel hunched over his master, evoking a sense of superiority over the other dragons. "Juniper Galewood and Geir Sanford are in charge. It is your choice to co-operate but I can assure you, it is the only certain way to survive the night. You must stay in mountains until sunrise, where Denzel and I will come take roll call. Anyone who leaves here early without my permission will be kicked off the course." Without pausing to take any questions from the students, Gellid mounted his dragon and both took to the sky.

Once alone, Juniper turned to Geir and gave a nod. 'Time to do this', she signaled at him. Her gaze slipped to the boys; some seemed terrified over the prospects of staying the night, while the others seemed calm or at least hid their emotions well enough for her to be unable to notice. She called out her plans; immediately their expressions changed which made Juniper uneasy. Her plans were perfect, she could not understand why they would not agree.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 7:07 pm 

They watched Gellid flying away with his dragon as the sun began to set. Geir had a feeling that Gellid wanted his students to make sure that nothing would go wrong. He wanted to make sure that he would not disappoint the instructor. But what he saw, it was quite a view to see everything from the mountains. He saw the village, the ocean, and many other mountainous regions.

Geir looked back at Juniper with a smile on his face. Of course, they could not bail out this very important task or else they would be expelled. And they must make sure that not one student would perish by anything. Geir began to lead his somewhat athletic team to start hunting for food. Not only that, they would harvest berries along the way as long as they were not poisonous. Interestingly enough, Louie would like to harvest berries since they were more easier than just hunting for animals. And yes, Louie was a vegetarian.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 7:07 pm 

Juniper managed the groups that remained behind. The defense team cleared the tall grass in the area in order to get a better view of the area. Meanwhile the shelter group tied together branches from large trees and piled the cut grass in order to soften the ground for them to sleep on. It wasn't perfect or ideal but it was the best that they could do. Most of them had no experience building anything. Fortunately, one of the boys helped their father with carpentry and so had some vague idea with how to build.

After contributing to clearing the grounds, Juniper drew up a rota for her team to take in turns with the lookout. With a long night ahead of them, the defense team made themselves comfortable and relaxed. Juniper carved the rota into the ground with a stick; expressing clearly how the night would unfold. There would always be at least three people on guard at a time. She would take the first watch; to make sure everything went well, and the final watch around dawn.

She kept her eye out for Geir's party to return. She was worried about him and impatient. Hopefully the hunting team could handle themselves. While she did trust Geir, she couldn't help but worry. Aynir rested his head on her lap and snorted; she suddenly felt at ease remembering that they had dragons at their side.
"Keep a ear out for the Geir and his team. They might need an extra hand." She ordered at the rest of the boys out of precaution.