All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 02, 2016 6:36 pm 

Hanging stockings with care

Blog: View Blog (0)

Zarna polishes of the last of her drink "Now is as good a time as any." She hadn't worked with any underdark druids but assumed their customs wouldn't be that strange at the least they were likely to talk to her in more depth then an outsider.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 12:17 am 

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤ Cruel and Unusual ¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

Blog: View Blog (5)

Ozdimir paid their bill and readied himself.
"It won't be terribly safe down there," he warns. "I don't just mean the cultists. There are many vagrants and outcasts who... well, they might not attack us, but we still might not want to talk to them."

Ozzie led the other two outside and to a nearby grating that led into the lower catacombs from the city-cavern down into the network of tunnels intended to drain water and waste into an uninhabited reach of the subterranean realms.

The Underdark wasn't always the sweetest smelling place, but the scent from beyond the grate was particularly stale, though it at least wasn't of overpowering foulness.

Ozzie hefted the iron grating off in a prodigious show of strength, lifting it as close to his head as his headpiece would allow. The opening is fairly large and stairs lead down into the complex below.

"After you. Shouldn't be too cramped in there. The builders intended it for easy access sneaking around under the city."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2016 10:06 pm 

Zarna and Rue step down Rue sneezing and shaking his head to clear it. "I'll be certain to stick close." she says

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 9:59 am 

The tunnel winds and continues, branching out into many twists and turns. Every so often, Ozdimir stops to tap the walls with his iron fingernails, and listens to the earth for a moment, before continuing on.

"We're very close. There's a large area up ahead where the camp is set up."

The tunnel here is wide and straight. Flickering light can be seen in the distance.

"They have fires... I heard they were surface refugees." Ozzie quietly draws his sword and starts to creep closer to the opening. The tunnel crossroads is overgrown with fungus and pustulating tendril growths. Judging by the play of light, the center is dominated by some sort of pool, and a circle of hood figures in gray, lichen-covered robes are seated around it, praying in alien tongues.

"They aren't fighters. We could easily charge in and dominate them, then interrogate them. Though we could also try a peaceful approach... I do not think they are so misanthropic they will attack anyone on sight. What do you think?"

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2016 11:06 pm 

She pauses for a moment considering both options. "I rather guarantee that they tell us the truth. A peaceful approach leaves too much room for escape or lies. I think we would be better served capturing as many as possible then splitting them up for interrogation." besides all that the underdark was the best place for poisons of every kind and though the robed figures might not appear armed she didn't want to consider how many needles or other small weapons could easily be concealed there. "How do you want to go about doing this?" she asks silently rolling the quarterstaff into her hands and signaling Rue to look out for anyone approaching them.

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 12:31 pm 

"All right then. We'll try to leave some alive for questioning."
With preternatural speed and balance, Ozzie rushes forth and engages the figures, who scramble to their feet. Some of the figures attempt to flee, but a few stand to fight, barehanded, their uncovered arms overgrown like bark.

Ozdimir is surprised by the quickness of the first one he makes a move at, jabbing him quickly in the stomach, though he shrugs off the blow and forces his foe to be defensive, barely dodging his fierce sword strikes.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:16 am 

Zarna makes a hand sign signaling Rue to herd the stragglers back into the main group and unslings wanderer from her back. Stepping in and carefully selecting a nearby target. Throwing herself into an flip honed by years of crossing from branch to branch building up momentum for the first strike at her opponent's head.

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 2:46 am 

Ozdimir finds an opening in his opponent's defenses, giving a mighty sweep of his leg and bringing him to ground, then knocking him out with a swift kick to the head.

The sudden ferocity of all three of them gives a clear break in morale for the cultists, in fear they make pleading gestures.

Ozdimir brandishes his blade at them, cornering between himself and Rue, and respectfully waits for Zarna to subdue her opponent.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:46 am 

The cultist ducks her initial strike saving his life but a swift reverse swing catches him in the temple. It's almost a glancing blow that only just makes it in before a heavy strike catches her on the hip. Gathering up the back of the robes Zarna drags them to the the others and drops them only a little roughly before patting Rue who seems to have an unpleasant taste in his mouth from all the bark.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:39 am 

Ozdimir twirls his sword and begins eyeing them.
"Which one of you is the leader?"
No response, but several of the cultists turn to look at the one with whom Ozzie had briefly fought.

"I see. Well. I'm sorry for the violence. But unfortunately, it seems you have been involved in some acts of violence yourself... some crimes against nature. We intend to get to the bottom of this... and if you answer our questions, we'll spare you... there might even be an actual reward in it for you too." Ozzie gives a casual gesture with a jeweled wrist.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 7:52 am 

Rue paces slowly around the gathered cultists circling them, his attention snapping toward Ozdimir's opponent with a low growl as the focus in the room shifts to him. Zarna steps forward moving with exaggerated calm to stand before the cultist and speaking in a quiet tones. "That is what he is offering you. I am not so generous. You will tell me why you attacked my home and if you do not do so to my complete satisfaction...well suffice to say that is not an outcome you will find desirable."

In reduced sign language moving her fingers in a seeming punctuation to the verbal declaration she passes a message to Ozdimir hoping he will pick out the signs. "Play along with the crazy half breed." Then settles back on her heels to let her prey decide just how to proceed.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:29 pm 

The leader looks with confusion. "We... we led no attacks, we are only humble adepts, not warriors."
His raises his hands in a plaintive gesture. Ozdimir coughs.
"She means the earthquake. This occurrence caused damage to her home territory. She wants to know what part you played in this and why."

The cultist gets a somewhat more fearful expression. "That... that was just... we were merely pawns. They needed people to carry out an experiment with the ritual to move the earth... we didn't intend an attack on anyone... we didn't know it would be so powerful... We did not concoct the ritual, we merely gathered sacrifices and performed it... They just wanted to see if it would work."