All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:21 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Drake stepped out of the shadows, "I wasn't watching you, I was hunting" he notched an arrow and pulled it back, aiming it towards her, "don't move" his voice carried an edge to it, he released the arrow and it zipped past, blowing some of her hair. There was a *thunk* behind her, followed by a *thud* Drake walked past, stiffening as he did so, and he started dragging the body of a satyr out of the way, "you should go, where there's one, there's many more, and if you didn't know, they rape women" there was a rustling and a lot of movement as twenty or so satyrs sprang at them, Drake dropped his bow and took two curved daggers out of his belt and started slashing, he was a blur of black hair and pale skin, his growl filled the air as he slashed down ten of them within seconds.

The female stood still as the watched the Satyrs jump out towards them, watching as the other whipped out his daggers and began fending off the massive beasts. It didn't help her thoughts to not be in a million places after she was told that these creatures apparently raped women, like her. She shook it off, however, and reached for the handle of the massive sword she carried on her back. Pulling it from her back, the blade slammed down onto the ground, shaking the ground slightly and no doubt startling a few of the Satyrs, before she lifted the blade into the air- almost with ease, one might think- and charged towards the Satyr, stabbing it through the chest and watching as it falls limp onto the top of her blade. "What, you think I'm weak?" She hissed towards Drake, looking over her shoulder and pulling her blade from the Satyr as she cast him a glare. "I'm not a helpless princess." She stated, turning to face the other Satyrs that now have begun to surround her.

Drake chuckled, then he moved, he was a blur around her. When he came to a stop, his blade was at her neck, "too slow" he smiled as the rest of the satyrs spouted blood and slumped to the ground. Drake had traded his daggers for a katana, he slashed at air to get the blood off and slid it into it's sheath, he took his daggers out of two satyrs' heads and sheathed them as well, "you can't rely on strength alone," he pick up his bow, "at least in a close-combat fight" he smiled, "Ciao!"

Connie didn't bother to look around as he became nothing but a blur around her, killing Satyr after Satyr in the blink of an eye and leaving a trail of blood wherever he went. She hardly even flinched as he appeared behind her, his katana at her neck. She simply rolled her eyes and folded her arms across her chest. As if she hadn't seen enough superhuman-beasts in her days of bounty hunting. "You can't rely on strength alone." He had told her, which only made something twitch beneath her hood and she turned around to watch indifferently as he picked up his bow.
"Well, strength's gotten me this far. And I'm not some complete brainless brute, unlike these Satyrs." She replies, raising a hand and pointing with her thumb behind her as a Satyr approached from quite a far distance. Turning around, she lifted her blade and sprinted towards the Satyr, crashing the giant sword's edge on top of the Satyr's skull, splitting it in half and splattering his blood everywhere as he fell dead, the shining metal blade dripping with thick, crimson blood.

"I'm not talking brains, I'm talking speed. And you m'lady, will not have it with that giant sword. With a katana," he patted the hilt of his, "I think you be able to move pretty fast," he looked her up and down, "maybe even as fast as me. If you prefer swords that is, but if you want two separate killing machines," he pulled out his daggers and twirled them, there were runes along the blades, and they were wickedly curved, like they could be used as hooks "pick a pair of daggers" he sheathed them and brought out his bow, "but if you'd like the element of surprise, go with a bow" he slung it back across his shoulders.

"I'm fine with the weapon I've been given, but thank you so much for the kind offer!" She spoke with fake enthusiasm, before splitting the head of another Satyr which came leaping down from a tall tree, towards her. "Trust me, I know my limits..." She began, planting her feet firmy on the ground, before she launched herself forward towards two Satyrs and landed behind them with their torsos severed from their hips, seconds later.
"If you haven't noticed, I'm not focused on you. I'm not trying to keep up with you. And I don't need you tearing my focus away from a job I've already wasted precious minutes on. Again, thank you SO much for that!" She snapped, gritting her teeth as she turned to look over her shoulder at Drake, casting him a cold glare before she returned her blade to her back. "I'd rather be myself then try to fight like someone else."

"Never suggested to fight like someone else, I just suggested new weapons. You're pretty handy with giant monstrosity of yours, what's the material?" he picked off a couple more satyrs with his bow and stared walking away, "well, see ya around" he waved and was gone.

She turned around to watch as he walked off, placing a hand on her hip and letting out a scoff. "Well, you certainly know how to strike up a conversation and stay for it." She stated, before turning on her heel and heading further into the woods, away from the dead Satyrs, and further away from Drake...

The further she delved into the dense woods, the darker it seemed to become, and the more sinister it seemed to grow. Wherever Connie looked, there always seemed to be... Something, just out of the corner of her eyes. She just shrugged off and continued to trek through the dense woods, pulling out a map from her jacket pocket to see where she was.

"Oh, just perfect. I'm lost..." She growled to herself, crumpling up the map and stuffing it back into her pocket. She then folded her arms across her chest and turned around to face the direction she had come...

Only there seemed to just be more forest. Nothing else.

"Uggh!" She exclaimed, slamming her fist against her thigh as she walked towards where she had come from, frantically glancing around at the seemingly endless stretch of forest. Walking, walking, for minutes that seemed to stretch into hours. Until eventually she gave up and let out an exhausted, irritated sigh, walking over to a tree and leaning against it. This was going to take forever... Wasn't it? As if she hadn't wasted enough time, already...

Drake smiled as the woman lost her way, "I can lead you out of here" he said from a tree, his eyes glowing red in the shadows, "that is, if you want me to" his head cocked slightly to the side.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace