All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:24 am 

The Blood Trials have officially begun.

Blog: View Blog (1)

"Maximillian Arcadias" he rolled his eyes at his own name, 'god how I hate that name' he thought as he stood at the unemployment counter for the twentieth time that year, as most people are not having very good luck keeping city jobs, he was luckier than others, but that didn't stop him from going dark a few times. Max left the office and two blocks down, half a block from his apartment, a young woman seemed to be lost, "well well well" he said under his breathe as he slowly walked towards her, planning on pick-pocketing her. He was about five feet from her when some guy tried to grab under her skirt, Max was there in an instant and lifted the guy off the ground by his neck, "what do you think your doing, bub? Think people're gonna stand by while you rape a woman? This is a pretty shitty town, but not everybody in it is" he spit, "you disgust me" Max threw him against a wall and he crumpled to the ground, he turned to the woman, his eyes concerned, "you OK miss, are you lost?"

Willow jerked as a man near her was grabbed and she turned to see another man choking him. He....he'd been about to rape her!? She hadn't even heard him there. She wasn't used to city scenes. She was from a smaller town in the south and just recently moved up here. She didn't want any trouble. When the other man turned to look at her, she looked quite rattled, and her big, blue eyes showed residual fear in them. "I'm alright thanks to you..." She spoke her voice holding a thick, southern drawl. "As a fact of the matter, I am lost..."

Max smiled, "what exactly were you looking for, and may I say, what a lovely southern accent you have" he crooked his arm for her, "I can take you anywhere in this city, and besides guys like him, people in this city are quite pleasant."

Her face turned cherry red at that and she spoke. "I...well, thank you." She gave a soft smile to the man in question as she tried to hide how flustered she was. She gently took his arm and spoke. "I appreciate the help, this place is so huge and I have no idea where i'm going..." She showed him a paper with the address of an apartment complex in the worse side of town. "That's where i'm going, but I think I made a wrong turn somewhere....My name is Willow by the way."

As they began walking, Max looked at the paper, "hey, that's my apartment building, and my name is Max, nice to meet you Willow" they walked the rest of the way, "here we are," he let go of her and dug in his pocket for a key, which he jammed into the lock and turned the knob, "Welcome to the Hilton, just kidding, but your room's right next to mine it seems" he hands her back the paper, "and I'm gonna tell you this, don't look anyone in the eyes, trust me, just don't" he leads her to her room and goes to his own room, "and keep your windows and door locked at all times" he went in his room, "nice meeting you Willow." He calls and closes his door.

She smiled and chatted with her new friend Max as they walked. He seemed to be very friendly. She was a naive girl, and she had no idea he'd intended to pick pocket her just moments prior, or even if he already had. She walked into the run down building. She wasn't sure what she'd been expecting, but it wasn't this. She listened to his warnings and got scared. She questioned him. "B..but why?" She asked about looking people in the eye as she was left in the hallway.

"You know the guy outside? That'll happen, so keep your chin up, just don't make eye contact" he waved and closed his door again.

She watched as the door was abruptly shut in her face leaving her scared in the hallway. It was a frightening concept to her that she couldn't do something as simple as make eye contact. That was something that back home, it was considered polite.... She hurriedly went inside her apartment and locked the door behind her feeling unsettled.

Max lays in his bed, "and if you need anything, just ask!" he yells through the wall. He sleeps the rest of the day.

Willow heard his voice through the wall, and it let her know exactly how thin the walls really were. She didn't answer him as she didn't feel like yelling, but she did go get a hot shower and begin to clean up around her place.

Max awoke the next morning and got ready for his part-time job, he left his apartment and got ready to go down the steps. He stopped, his foot hovering over the first step, he went back and knocked on Willow's door, "hey! You OK in there?" he yelled through the door and tried to use his wolf-like hearing, he smelled her alright, but his hearing had gotten worse from all the constant noise, he tried to stay well-groomed with the shitty stuff he had, but he'd usually get marked as ominous, and therefore, dangerous, he thought it was the trench-coat, and he wanted it to stay that way.

Willow had fallen asleep the night before on the couch after a long evening of cleaning everything and getting the space livable. She'd also had to place some bowls and buckets on the ground to catch some leaks near the corners of the building closest to the street. She was awoken by yelling and banging on the door. She came to the door with messy hair looking tired. She rubbed one eye with her hand. "Good Morning..." she said softly sleep still clouding her voice.

"Rise and shine sleepy head! I paid this month's rent for your apartment, if you wanna stay here you should probably come with me to get you a job" he smiled, as energetic as a dog(he is technically).

She blinked. He'd paid her rent? She had some savings that she'd brought with her, but the job thing was the truth. "You paid my rent? Thank you...." She was surprised that he'd do that for a person he just met. "I will pay you back I promise.''

"Nah, don't worry about it, despite the fact that I live in the shitty part of the city and i wear shitty clothes, I can afford a month of rent" Max looked at his watch, "I gotta go, I'll see you there" he handed her a piece of paper with an address on it, "take the subway, see ya later!" he jumped over the banister onto the first floor and out the door without missing a beat.
Max sat at his desk, bored out of his mind, "it's been 30 minutes, where is she" he sigh at the leather-covered cubicle, he stood and looked over all the cubicles.

As he looked over the cubicles, Willow had made her way there and wandered in. She was holding the paper he'd given her in her hand and looked lost. She also looked much more presentable now. Her hair had been fixed, and she'd changed into nicer clothes. She walked over to a map of the building hanging by an elevator to see where she was.

Max saw her, "Psst, Willow over here!" he said in a loud whisper and started waving an arm, when she got to him, he smiled "so, what do you think?" he spread his arms, indicating the well-cleaned office, "pretty neat huh?"

She heard the loud whisper among the soft clacking of fingers on keyboards and turned to see her new neighbor and friend waving. She smiled and she followed his voice around to where his cubicle was. "It is. I've never seen so many people working in one building before..."

Max took her to an office, which was the boss' office, he accepted her. "You'll be next to me, stay close at all times, I don't want anything happening to you, the were groups of men be the water coolers, "and definitely stay away from them, don't even look at them" he set her in a cubicle, "just redirect any calls that come in" he began explaining the job until she got it. He went to his cubicle next to hers and sat there waiting for calls.

Willow was thankful that his boss had accepted her application. It tickled her pink to know that she didn't have to worry about expenses anymore. That was one worry out of the way. As Max explained her job and such she wondered why she shouldn't go anywhere without him and why she shouldn't talk to anyone. Wasn't it a good thing to make friends on the job? She thought it was normal to feel a sense of security in the workplace. After awhile she needed the ladies room and didn't exactly think he'd accompany her (even if he'd wanted to) to that, so she left her cubicle and started wandering down the hall past the water cooler to find one.

@Daemon (Here's our shiny, new thread!)

☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 9:02 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

((awww, thanks Lewi!))
Max was dealing with a rather difficult customer, so he hadn't seen Willow walk away. One of the guys saw her and started following, as did the rest of them. "What's a pretty lady like you doing here? Bet you're a whore!" they all cackled as she had made her way to the bathroom, then they lunged at her, covering her mouth and cornering her in a stall. "Don't be like that doll, we just wanna play" they all ripped her clothes off and started touching her, commenting on various parts. The lead one took his meat out and was closing in, then he froze and slumped to the floor, Max stood behind him, spine in hand. His eyes were slits as he moved, a blur of motion and they were all on the ground. They seemed to shimmer as their human forms melted away, showing that they were satyrs. Max came into the stall and closed the door, he put his finger to his mouth, "shh" a moment later a couple of girls came into the bathroom, did their business, and left again. "I told you to stay with me, never go anywhere by yourself, got it?" he looked down and realized that she was naked, he blushed and turned away, he stripped his outer clothing and handed them to her, "put these on."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 7:36 pm 

Willow simply tried to ignore them. It wasn't the first time since coming to this city that she'd dealt with men acting like savages. She hadn't expected them to breach the rules of entering the women's restroom though. She figured they'd just harass her verbally not physically. Once it was all over and Max came to the rescue, she was thankful, but also confused. What in god's name just happened? Didn't the other girls see any of the gore laying around them? "I didn't think that simply going to do my business was going to be one of those instances." She dressed in the clothing he gave her feeling very, VERY embarrassed about when they'd have to leave the bathroom. "Didn't any of the other ladies see any of this?" she motioned to the blood and such around still feeling a little woozy from the sight of it. "They acted as if it wasn't there. What were those things?..." she paused and looked at him with her eyebrows creasing in confusion. "What are you?" She asked.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 10:22 pm 

"They aren't visible to most mortals" Max began to clean it up, throwing the bodies into a portal and cleaning up the blood with paper towels, "they were satyrs, goat-men that gang-bang lonely women" he finished cleaning it and flushed the bloody paper down the toilet. He paused when she asked what he was, "you don't want to know" he was close to her, he leaned in closer as if to kiss her, but pulled her into a hug at the last minute, "you don't want to know" he said again and left, he was gone before she got to the door.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 11:55 pm 

Willow wasn't afraid of Max. He'd gone out of his way to protect her. She'd heard of fantasy things, but never had she heard of them in this sort of light. When he leaned in close to her, her face heated up, but she was relieved for the last minute hug. After all, she'd only met him. Even if she was attracted. She prepared herself for the name calling and the firing she was going to get when leaving the restroom in a man's clothing, and she exited the bathroom. She decided to make her way towards Max's cubicle to see if he was still there.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:21 am 

No one paid attention to Willow as she walked by. Max was not in his cubicle, he went home to get a change of clothes. He came back to Willow in his cubicle, "you OK?" he gave her woman clothes, "you should change into this" he stood in the doorway of the cubicle with his back to her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:34 am 

Willow was surprised when they ignored her as if they hadn't even seen her. She was also even more surprised when Max seemingly appeared in a split second behind her in clean clothes with her a set of clean clothes. Had he broken into her apartment? How'd he get two and fro so quick? Getting fed up with being in the dark she crossed her arms and her brows knit. "I want answers." She stared him down for a moment before taking the clothes and changing in the cubicle while he had his back to her.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 12:45 pm 

"If you want answer, you gotta shoot 'em" Max turned to Willow with his arms crossed, "so shoot" he cocked his head.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:03 pm 

Willow, now being fully clothed, paused for a minute to collect her thoughts before she started to list her questions hoping he could keep up. She took a deep breath then spoke. "What are you? How come I have never witnessed anything like this before? How come the people out there couldn't see me? Is any of this real? Where did you get these clothes? How did you get back here so fast? Why did you immediately decide to be my protector? And did I ever thank you for it? Cause it was really sweet..." Willow's face turned red towards the end as a barrage of questioning turned to her showing her gratitude for his protection thus far.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:40 am 

Max chuckled, "well it's very simple, I am a werewolf, and I vow to protect you no matter what" he knelt, bowing his head, "will you accept me as you protector, M'lady?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 1:17 am 

She paused as she let that sink in and a heavy blush coated her features. "well... I suppose so, but that still doesn't answer why me specifically or any of my other questions."

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 6:39 pm 

((answering in order of questions))
"You've never truly looked around you, most of these 'people' are actually creatures that you find in myths or folklore They saw you, but they made it a point not to look at you. This is all very real. I got these from the store. Again, I am a werewolf. I knew you were different than mortals, you could see things" Max looked up and sniffed, then he growled. He turned and standing there was a bipedal bull with an axe strapped to its back, "hey Max, whose the new girl?" Max stopped growling but glared all the same, "not yours Tiny, she's mine" the bull immediately backed off, holding his hands up in surrender, "alright alright, no worries, I won't make any moves on her, big guy" he walked away under Max's glare.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 8:16 pm 

Willow's mouth fell open as she saw the might of a Minotaur right before her eyes. She rubbed her eyes with her hands and looked again seeing that it hadn't disappeared. Hearing the exchange between the two as if this was something commonplace, she was really beginning to question her sanity. What made her able to see these beings? Was this whole office a haven for magical creatures? She then began to look around the rest of the cubicles to see what else she could see.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:41 am 

What she would have been mostly mythical creatures with a couple of intercepting mortals, a man was leading a women to the bathrooms, a group of men were waiting outside of them, they disappeared into the bathroom, screams followed and three satyrs ran out, blood splattered in various places, Tiny came out, the women clinging to his arm lovingly, although she could almost barely get both arms around his arm. His double-bladed axe was blood-soaked, the blood seemed to recede into the middle of the blade. Max took Willows hand, "you've been through a lot, I'm taking you home so you can rest, think, whatever." He led her outside and picked her up, before she knew what was happening they were home, except now it was a five star apartment building with 'people' walking around.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:11 am 

In a flash they were back home. This was all a lot for Willow to take in, but with this new hidden world she'd just discovered came a whole new world of excitement and discovery. She looked up to him once they arrived and smiled. "Thanks Max."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 1:42 am 

"Of course, I am your protector after all" he carried her into his apartment and set her on his bed, "you get some sleep, I'll be on the couch if you need me" he closed the door and sat on the couch, he put his earphones in and let the music consume him.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 5:28 pm 

She wasn't sure why she was taken to his apartment instead of her own, but then again maybe it went back to the protective thing. She laid down and fell asleep for a nap.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 8:37 pm 

Max settled onto the couch, his shins hanging over the side. He barely got settled before he smelled somthing else in the apartment, he jumped up only to find a mouse hiding behind the table leg. He bent and held his hand out to the mouse, it sniffed and scrambled on. He cradled it to his chest as he ripped his shirt off and lay back down. The mouse settled on his chest as he petted it. He smiled and closed his eyes, he gave a contented sigh as he fell asleep, the mouse also slept.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 11:24 pm 

When Willow awakened from her nap, she decided to do something nice for Max for the help he'd given her and for saving her from whatever horrible fate those satyrs were going to impose on her, so she decided to make dinner since they'd taken a late day nap. She came out of the bedroom to find him laying on the couch with a...mouse laying on him.... She disliked rodents, and this one was no different. She looked around for something to get it off of him with.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:01 am 

Max smelled Willow's nonacceptance to rodents, "you dislike rodents, I presume" he said without opening his eyes. He smiled as he got up, the mouse squirmed but stayed asleep, cradled to his chest, he tapped its head with his finger, "hey little guy, the missus is...uncomfortable, with your presence, may I ask you to take leave please" the mouse squeaked as Max put it on the ground, it scurried under the door and was gone. "He was drunk, he had to sleep it off so he wouldn't get squished," he ruffled his hair as he walk to the balcony, "such a beautiful view, we've got time to go somewhere if you want" he turned to her, holding out his hand, "we can go across the street from here, to that diner there, I hear they've got some good food, I've only gotten a quick burger, I've never actually sat in there, how about it" he was still shirtless with his hand out.