All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:55 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

One might have called this a city, though it didn't look like anything modern especially when one considered the fact that it had city walls. These sorts of accoutrements were done away with centuries ago, but perhaps he figured their new erection was designed to keep people out who were like him.

Certainly this was something that was rather ironic to Drake. If they were supposed to keep him out, then they were doing a bad job. He had abilities that were taken straight from the way in which a raccoon lived.

Climbing on different types of structures and ending up quite where he didn't belong were skills that came like second nature to him. Without a shadow of a doubt, Drake was grateful for these abilities, but he was also grateful for the fact that he was getting closer to his goal of being able to fly.

Raccoons couldn't fly, and there wasn't anyone who would doubt that statement, but he did want to eventually learn to fly on the back of a magnificent beast. That was a dream of his, and not necessarily one that was going to come true legally. If nothing else, the +Anima were not well liked in this area, and that must have explained the way in which he had been sneaking around over here.

For that matter, though, Drake honestly had believed that he sensed another individual with +Anima abilities in the city here. While it wasn't easy for him to believe, especially considering the fact that he didn't think that there were many of his people around, he felt that it was indeed the case.

What he didn't know was that there were indeed many with his skills, running the gamut of countless types of animals. Nevertheless, they didn't exactly come out very openly about that sort of thing for obvious reasons. As a result, this futuristic cityscape that seemed so far rooted in the past could quite possibly have played host to countless many of his unknown compatriots, and he would flat out never have realized it.

That didn't mean anything, though. He was on the lookout for but one individual, so meeting but one would encourage him to keep going.

In a city like this one, a person could be anywhere.

It was very comforting to be able to wrap oneself up in a cloak of anonymity for certain, and that's what many could have done.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 11:30 am 

Jason walked along the edge of the town wall, and sighed. He looked through a hole made where a brick had been removed, and saw the same thing he saw every other time he looked through the hole. A wasteland, a putrid peat bog, bubbling from the underground heat of the caldera the town was in.
The bog was once a beautiful forest, but that was before the Cataclysm of the 31st century. Ravaged by nuclear war, the world and its inhabitants were now but a shell of their former glory. The intense radioactivity had mutated much of the environment into a twisted uninhabitable horror, and the animals even more so, forcing humans to build crowded walled cities such as this one.
The radioactivity had also affected humans, but in different ways. Some remained unaffected and unharmed by it, but some had inherited the abilities of other wildlife. Jason was one such person - a boy with the powers of a jacana. Such people and abilities are frowned upon, however, so Jason had to keep it a secret...
Until now. Another gift that some of the mutants possessed was the ability to sense other mutants, and Jason felt the presence of another of his kind nearby. He stood, placed the brick back in its hole, pulled up his hood, and headed into town to find his brethren.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:15 pm 

Such a beautiful forest would have suited Drake just fine. Considering his general tastes that surrounded his essentially being a raccoon, for all intensive purposes, it would have been a most fortunate area in which to live.

Fortunately, though, those wily mammals had a very keen way of adapting to nearly any environment that they were placed in.

Ironically, it might very well have been that dose of radiation that gave him the abilities that he had now clung to. It was a strange world that he was living in, but it was the only one that he had and thus he was not one with any position to complain about it at all.

Soon enough he went to descend to the actual ground level so that he could go and look for the other individual who must have had his same mutations, if one had elected to call them that.

Like Jason, Drake was capable of sensing when he was in the presence of his own type. It made it easier to find them, which was a huge benefit considering that it would have been otherwise prohibitively hard to when it was so difficult for them to meet openly.

Now, though, he felt that he was getting closer and closer to another with each step that he took in the crowded city teeming with the throngs of life.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:40 pm 

Jason continued down the alleyway, and took a side road into the heart of the city - Agora Plaza. Their city of Agora was largely a migrant merchant city, where people would come, set up a shop in the plaza, sell their wares, and then leave. The only living areas other than the slums were apartments surrounding the rim of the plaza, and even then the apartments were small, and the rent was expensive.
Jason lived in a tent in the slums outside the plaza, and mainly only journeyed to the city for food. But this time, it was different. He walked over to the bakers tent and purchased a loaf of bread, and then stopped. The other +Anima, the other mutant, was close by. He took a few more steps, and his sense shifted direction. He turned around him, and saw an unfamiliar face - a boy, about his age, dressed in fur and feathers.
He placed a hand on the boy's shoulder. "+Anima?" he whispered in his ear. He hoped that he had the right person. Otherwise, his secret would be out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:52 pm 

Fortunately, though, Drake would have held the same secret that Jason did, which would have meant that his secret would have been perfectly safe. He carefully nodded with the other's question before laughing because the whisper tickled his ear. He wasn't actually going to say the word +Anima, however, considering that there might have been others listening.

Soon enough, though, he was making a motion as though he would have known someplace a bit safer than where they were at the moment. That would have made sense if Jason knew Drake's secret.

Being a raccoon made it easy, of course, to go places that one wasn't really supposed to go. The natural animals themselves did it all the time, so it only made sense that he would have inherited some form of that ability.

"Unless you have someplace better?"

It was a question asked in reference to whether Jason was actually going to follow him or not. He would have actually gone with Jason, though, considering that he had at least one reason to trust him for the time being.

Besides, he felt that he would have been able to get away if things got hairy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:19 pm 

Jason considered Drake's question for a moment. Jason lived in the slums, and about 90% of all people who lived in Agora lived in the slums. If Drake knew of a place, it was probably better than the crowded slums that Jason lived in.
Jason looked at Drake and shook his head. "Lead the way." he replied.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 12:46 pm 

"I know of a few places that we could have hid out if you had wanted."

Had Jason followed him, Drake would have very quickly leaded him into a crack in the city walls. Drake, who had also fished out an electrical line and had been using it to power some lighting, had apparently furnished that crack in the wall to some degree.

Apparently he had been building quite a place for himself here, right under the noses of everyone else, and largely from products that were discarded by the others who lived here.

"Think this is safe enough then?"

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:24 pm 

Jason looked around the crack in the wall, astonished at how furnished it was. 'How long has this been here?' he wondered to himself. He leaned up against the wall in thought. He had no idea what to do now. He had never met another +Anima before. He turned to face Drake.
"Yes, this is perfect. So... what kind of +Anima are you?" he asked. "I'm a jacana."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:52 pm 

"Oh my, a jacana? Can you fly then if you wanted to fly, or maybe walk across water by being really fast and running?" Apparently Drake thought that the other's combination was really quite impressive. Eventually he motioned around, seeing that Jason was rather impressed by how well furnished his little hole in the wall really was.

"This was all stuff that other people were throwing away. I quite like salvaging it...oh, that should have probably given away what I am." Drake paused and laughed.

"I'm a raccoon, so yes I go around and forage for different things and the like."

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:12 pm 

Jason smiled at Drake's question. "Yes, I can fly - but not for very long." He raised an eyebrow in thought. "But I've never tried running on water before... I should try that sometime." Jason's eyes widened even more when Drake told him his decor was from what others had discarded. He had done a lovely job giving it a new purpose.
He smiled at what +Anima Drake was. "Raccoon, huh? That's pretty cool." He looked around the room once more before turning back to Drake. "How long have you lived here?" he asked.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:22 pm 

"I thought that was something that your species had become famous for, but still flying has to be incredible even if it's only for a short period of time." Within a moment Drake was grinning as he fantastically imagined what it must have been like even just to levitate for a few moments off the ground.

Hemming and hawing for a few moments, he considered the other individual's question and soon shook his head. "I'm not quite sure. I don't have a good sense of time, but I'm very good when it comes to collecting things and repurposing them if you can't tell."

Answers like these were, of course, predictable from a raccoon.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 9:36 pm 

Jason smiled at Drakes response. "Yes, I can see that." He paused for a moment, and slumped against the wall and sighed. He turned to face Drake.
"Do you have a dream, Drake?" he asked. "Have you ever felt like you were meant for something... more?" Now that Jason had found another +Anima, there was tiniest sliver of a chance that Drake might be able to help make his dream come true. His dream was to make a city for +Anima. But he couldn't make a city with one person - he needed help to find others of his kind, and a lot of it. But for now, he would keep his impossible dream to himself.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 11:48 pm 

"A dream? Well, to be honest I have to say that most of my dreams have been soberingly down to earth." Like getting a place like this, he thought to himself.

"I figure that you have a bigger dream because you can fly."

Drake tilted his head, figuring that someone who could leave the confines of the ground might very well have allowed his thoughts to soar just as much as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:46 am 

Jason shook his head. "Actually, flying has nothing to do with my dream." he said. He looked up at the ceiling in thought. "My dream is to build a safe place for all +Anima." he said. "A town specifically for our kind. It doesn't have to be big, people don't even have to stay. I just want there to be somewhere safe for us." He turned to Drake. "And honestly, I don't fly that often. It takes a lot of energy, and people would freak out if they saw me." He hung his head, somewhat ashamed.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 1:27 pm 

"I didn't actually think flying did, but rather thought your dreams were loftier than mine because you could fly." Well, it made sense to Drake even if it wouldn't have made sense to anyone else. He wasn't always the most mature individual.

Soon enough, though, his thoughts were instead focused on what the other individual's true dream actually was.

"Seriously you'd like to build a place for all of us?"

Visibly he was amazed, and considered what it was that Jason was saying to him. That sort of dream was indeed lofty, and it was far more serious than what he could have come up with.

"You will need others to help I assume."

That essentially meant that Drake was volunteering himself.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 3:40 pm 

Jason chuckled at Drakes play on words. When he saw the look on Drakes face, he sat up, knowing that he might be interested. When he mentioned he needed others, a smile spread on his face from ear to ear.
"Yes, I would." he said. "Would you be interested in helping?" If Drake said yes, Jason would be one step safer to making such a lofty dream come true.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:05 pm 

"I would be honored to help you out." Soon enough Drake was grinning as well and sharing in that same enthusiasm for the dream. "I actually haven't really met many of us, but I am willing to search for them as best as I could. I could feel you when you entered, as I assume that you sensed me as well. Is that right?" He tilted his head, trusting that it was indeed the case.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:20 pm 

Jason nodded. "Yes, I can sense others as well." He tilted his head to the side in thought. "And... when we were in the markets... I swear I could feel the very faint presence of another +Anima." He placed a hand on his cheek, and rested his elbow on his knee. "Am I crazy, or did you feel it too?" he asked.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:51 am 

"You mean a third one in the city? Well, I thought that I felt something, but I wasn't entirely sure what it was."

Eventually Drake swallowed as he thought of the possibilities. Could it be that another individual was there to help them? It certainly would have been nice if that were the case.

"I don't think that you're crazy at all to tell the truth. Maybe there is a new friend out there waiting to be made even as we talk!"

Soon enough he blinked at the other individual and shook his head. He wasn't exactly sure how to go about looking for them, considering that displaying the fact that they were what they were wasn't a good idea.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:56 am 

Jason turned to face Drake. "When I felt your presence, I felt you getting closer. But when I felt the other one, they were getting farther away..." He stroked his chin in thought. "Either they don't want to be in contact with other +Anima, or they can't sense others of their kind... Either way, we need to go find them." He stood up, looked out towards the market district, and smiled. "What do you say we go make a new friend?" he asked.