All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:10 am 

Medals: 8
Completed RP (1) Most Patient (4)
Most Punctual (1) 1st Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

"Do you think that they could have left the city altogether, or do you think that they're still here?" Drake, regardless of his question, soon stood with a grin. When it came to Jason asking him whether they should go and make a new friend, it had seemed that he had already made up his mind on the topic.

Naturally he contended that they most certainly should have!

"Are we going to check that district again first to see if they're there?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:29 am 

Jason nodded, and turned back to Drake. "Yes. We should split up - we can cover more ground that way." He looked back out at the markets. "You take the ground, and I'll get a bird's eye view." With that, Jason darted into a back alley where nobody would see him, spread his wings and flew up to a roof top, and began jumping from roof to roof, waiting for his +Anima sense to trigger.

Sent from my Z796C using Tapatalk

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:26 pm 

While Drake could climb very well, he was also great when it came to sneaking around in the shadows. That meant that he would have been able to look around even in places that he technically wasn't supposed to be in.

If he felt anything soon, then he surely would have been able to physically track it down quite quickly as well. There shouldn't have been too much ground to cover with both of them working like this together.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:04 pm 

Jason leapt from rooftop to rooftop, waiting for his +Anima sense to detect another +Anima - besides Drake, of course. He made his way to the roofs of the apartments overlooking the markets, and stopped to take a breather. Suddenly, a faint signal tingled in the back of his mind - another +Anima was somewhere nearby. He couldn't exactly pinpoint where the signal was coming from, but it was definitely on the ground. Jason sighed, got up, and kept walking, hoping that Drakes search was proving more fruitful than his.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2015 3:54 pm 

Eventually, considering that Jason was walking around, Drake would very well have met up with him again. Turning about, the young boy smirked for a moment.

"I think that I feel him, though I assume that you felt the other one as well."

That being said, he didn't actually say what he was feeling openly in case someone who didn't care for the +Anima was at all listening to what it was that he was saying. He didn't intend to let something like that slip out at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 7:28 pm 

Jason slid down a ladder into an alleyway. He pulled up his hood, and merged with the hustle and bustle of the markets. He slowly got closer to the signal, until he passed it. He turned around, and saw a girl with shoulder length blond hair and a green frog hat looking over her shoulder, but she quickly turned away. Jason began walking towards her, but she began picking up her pace. She ducked into an alley, and Jason followed in hot pursuit. There was a chain link fence in the alley, but the girl jumped over it with remarkable ease. Jason quickly spread his wings and flapped them for a burst of speed, and caught the girl while she was in mid-jump. The girl began to panic and flail, kicking him in the face really hard. Jason reeled back in pain and let go of her.
"I'm a friend!" Jason exclaimed as he got kicked. He instantly could feel that he had a nosebleed, so he grabbed his nose to stop it.
"Whoops, sorry..." the girl said. "You scared me - I thought you were a member of the +Anima Detection Agency." She stood up, and extended her hand to help him up. "I'm Anura. I'm a turtle frog +Anima. Nice to meet you!" She suddenly seemed much friendlier in person.
Jason took her hand and stood. "Thanks. I'm Jason, a jacana +Anima. Nice to meet you too. There's also another +Anima, a raccoon named Drake. He should be here shortly, I can feel him close by."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 9:42 pm 

For a moment Drake actually didn't want to approach. He had heard the words +Anima Detection Agency, and he knew very well that he had wanted to avoid that at all costs. Even the sheer mention of it was enough to keep him away.

Then he did fight against his fears and show up, but not because he could tell that those two were safe, but rather because he thought that they might have been and figured that it was probably best if he came to ensure that they were.

Drake, therefore, showed up right as he was being talked about, but more because he felt he needed to fend off some threat. Needless to say, he was glad when he quickly found that there wasn't one at all.

Smiling, though rubbing the back of his head in the process, he looked between the two and tried to wave with his other free hand.

"Hey, yeah, I'm Drake and I'm a raccoon."

Soon enough he allowed his eyes to close with a bit of a sweat drop beading up across his forehead as he wondered if the other two had noticed his previous embarrassing concern.

In spite of this fact, though, he did at least offer his hand in the hope that the other would have taken it like she had with Jason's before.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:00 pm 

Anura smiled and shook Drakes hand. "Hi, Drake! Nice to meet you. I'm Anura, I'm a turtle frog."
Jason snapped his fingers in realization as he remembered what a turtle frog was. "I've seen you jump high... can you burrow as well?" he asked, still holding his nose from before. A sly smile spread across Anura's face. She jumped up high into the air, and began spinning as she fell. She hit the ground with a cloud of dust, and when the dust cleared, there was a hole where she had landed.
"Boo!" Anura shouted as the top half of her body popped up out of the ground behind Drake and grabbed his legs.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:22 pm 

Having been glad that he was able to shake the other's hand and eliminate any sense of awkwardness, he turned back up and allowed his other hand to drop from his head. He wasn't able to react well when she jumped and let the top half of her body pops up behind him, and Drake soon enough tripped up.

Grinning and laughing as he picked himself up and tried to stand again, Drake shook his head in the process. "Man, that's a neat trick! I wish I could do something like that! Say, Anura, where are you marked?"

It seemed to him that pretty much ever +Anima had some sort of marking of some kind or another, but he wasn't sure if actually asking about it would have been construed as rude or not. At this point, though, he really didn't care all that much.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 10:41 pm 

Anura smiled up at Drake. "My forehead." She removed her frog hood and brushed her hair to the side, revealing a black symbol that resembled a webbed foot on her forehead. She put her hood back up, and got out of her hole. "I've never met another +Anima before..." she said. "I was always told that they were bad. When I was a kid, I was bullied and made fun of, and told that I should leave..."
When Anura told them how she was told to leave, Jason donned a more serious visage. "Would you like to?" he asked, removing his hand from his nose. "Drake and I are gonna build a city just for +Anima."
Anura's eyes widened as she heard their goal. "Are you serious?! That sounds awesome! Can I help?!"
Jason laughed. "I don't see why not." He turned to face Drake. "Can she join us, Drake?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:11 pm 

"Neat!" Ultimately Drake had exclaimed that with a grin and a laugh. He was impressed since he had never seen a +Anima mark on anyone's forehead previously. Anura was surprising him in multiple ways it would have seemed.

"We're going to need all the settlers that we can get, so I want to have her aboard." Unlike what she had said, Drake didn't seem like he had ever been told that his people were bad, but perhaps it would have been more accurate to suggest that he just didn't want to think that they were. He never believed that there was anything wrong with a +Anima.

That being said, he was going to be in for a shock the first time he met a +Anima con man for sure. For now he was quite trusting.

"We're all going to need to work hard when we actually get enough people to build a city you know."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2015 5:47 pm 

Jason nodded at Drake, and turned back to Anura. "Welcome aboard, Anura!" he said.
Anura squealed with excitement and tackled Drake in a hug. "This is awesome! Thank you so much!" Jason laughed, and Anura helped Drake up. "Sorry, I got excited..." She thought for a moment. "Should we go pack our things, and then meet back up here?"
Jason nodded. "Sounds good to me." He turned to Drake. "Sound good, Drake?"
Little did he know that someone was eavesdropping on their conversation from the rooftops...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 1:21 am 

With a nod Drake looked back, naturally unaware of the fact that they were being listened to as well, and he was totally unaware that there was anyone who would have wished to listen in on them. He sighed for a moment and finally took a step back before he tilted his head. "Well, I won't need to bring many of the things I have, but I guess I should bring my sets of clothing and everything if we're going to end up as settlers."

To him, the entire thing sounded like some sort of an innocent adventure. It was like being a pioneer in the old days. They were going to have the opportunity to do something that no one else was able to.

Well, at least he had thought so anyway.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 10:35 pm 

Jason spread his wings for a brief moment and flew up to a rooftop before putting them away. He ran as fast as he could from roof to roof, towards the slums where his tent was. He ducked into his tent, and shoved what little possessions he had into his bag - two loaves of bread, a canteen, his blanket and pillow, his other shirt and pair of pants, and a picture of his parents. He then ran to the nearest alley, climbed up to the roof, and hopped from roof to roof back to the alley where he waited for the others.
Anura knelt down and instantly disappeared into the dirt. She dug a tunnel all the way across town and into the basement of her apartment. Her mother was out working, so she wrote her mother a quick note, telling her that she leaving. She went upstairs, and threw her things into her frog backpack - she liked frogs. She threw in two shirts, a jacket, a pair of pants and a dress, a hairbrush, a few water bottles and some granola bars, and went back down in the basement. She ducked back down into her hole, and followed it all the way back to the alley. She stood back up, said hi to Jason, and began waiting for Drake.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:09 pm 

While Drake had many things in his little hole in the wall home, most of them were already discarded, and he figured that he could always scavenge for more things. For that matter, Drake honestly thought that he might have been able to leave them here and have another scavenger +Anima come along to take them away.

Even an impoverished human might have liked them.

Therefore, he packed his needed things like sets of clothing, what food that he had and filled up his own canteen. Naturally he rolled up his bedding into a roll as well, much as Jason had, and ended up with the other two again.

"Oh, so what took you two so long?"

Drake soon grinned at his comment. He knew that he had taken the longest, and was attempting to make a joke about that fact in spite of it probably not exactly being the best time in order to do so.

Still, he wasn't exactly the most mature member of the three, though he had plenty of skills that would be useful, and he'd grow to become quite dedicated as it were.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:46 pm 

Jason waved to Drake as he approached. He chuckled at Drakes joke, and so did Anura. Jason pulled a map of the world out of his pocket - he had dreamed of building a town for +Anima since he was very young, and had been planning where to build it for years now. He opened it up, and pointed to a red X on a field south of a mountain range, and west of a beach. "This is where I'd like to investigate first." he said, showing the others. He folded the map back up, and turned to walk out of the alleyway, but stopped as he felt a very strong +Anima presence near them. But something was off about the aura. It seemed... sinister. He looked up to see a dark figure standing in the entrance to the alley.
"You aren't going anywhere..." the figure said.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:36 pm 

The fact that the others had actually found his joke to be funny actually helped to assuage some of the further fears that Drake had about possibly not fitting in here. Turning toward them, he paused for a moment and finally smiled while Jason had consulted a map.

"Do you think that would be a good place to start construction, or do you just think that there are more of us there?"

Eventually, though, there was some figure that had apparently thought that they weren't going to get any further.

Drake turned around; trying to see which direction the voice had been coming from. It seemed like the voice belonged to someone who was a fellow +Anima, which had meant to him that there wasn't any way that they could have been an enemy of Drake.

Of course, he had still assumed that all of them were supposed to be on precisely the same side of everything. He couldn't have imagined that there was a +Anima who had actually been working against them in any capacity at all.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2015 7:09 pm 

The dark figure stepped into the light, and revealed himself to be a tall, slender, tan skinned man with bright red eyes. He had black greased back hair with a single blond streak, and sported a classic blue police uniform, with a single silver rectangular badge. He smiled at the others, revealing sharp pearly white teeth. "Vladimir Batston, first lieutenant of the +Anima Detection Agency, at your service." He took another step towards them. "And you guys aren't going anywhere except with me."
Jason took a step towards him, and spread his wings out to block Vlad from his friends. "If you want my friends, you have to go through me!"
Vlad sighed. "Very well." he said, and spread his own pair of big black bat wings. He shot towards Jason at frightening speed, grabbed his waist, and shot skyward.
"Get to the edge of town!" Jason called down to them, squirming in Vlad's arms. "I'll join you later!"
Anura turned to Drake. "What should we do, Drake?" she asked, beginning to panic. "We can't just leave him!"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 12:41 am 

Being someone with a raccoon's blood, so to speak, the police weren't exactly friendly to him anyway. He tended to get into places that he didn't belong, so he had run-ins with them before. However, they were always regular uniformed cops.

This seemed entirely different, and besides this individual was one of them. There wasn't any way that he could have been fighting for a different side than they were.

It just wasn't possible for something like that to happen. What the other was saying, and the fact that such an agency still even existed and was potentially even staffed by people that were like them, made Drake's spirit fall flat on its face.

For a moment he was completely frozen, even as Anura was demanding to come up with a plan.

"How could one of our own do something like that?" Drake shook his head and choked back tears, realizing that he couldn't leave Jason.

"Since they're both together, and both +Anima, do you think that it would be easy enough to track them across the city, right? I would think so, especially since they're going to be in the same place at the same time."

They could both track them, though that meant that they'd know that they were being tracked as well.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 19, 2015 11:53 am 

Anura put her arms around Drake in a hug. "I guess not all +Anima are good..." she said. "Maybe they hired him so they could track down other +Anima easier?" When Drake brought up tracking them, Anura put her hand to her chin in thought. "Yes, it would be easy to track them. Jason said to meet him at the edge of town - when we exit the town, we'll be out of the area of the ADA's influence, so they won't be able to properly arrest us until we get to the next town. But, the officer would know that, so Jason would have to lead him to the edge of town with the officer noticing." She turned to Drake. "You should follow them in the shadows - I'll follow from underground." With that, Anura disappeared into the ground with a puff of dust.
Jason squirmed in Vlad's arms, but couldn't budge, and Vlad flew higher and higher. Finally, Jason bit Vlad's arm, causing him to reel back and let him go. Jason changed his fingers to the long claws of a jacana and scratched Vlad across the face, and then dove back down towards town, with Vlad right behind him. He swooped up just over a melon cart, but because Vlad's wings were much bigger and harder to control, Vlad smashed rigged into the cart, spilling fruit everywhere. Vlad emerged from the fruit to see Jason standing on a roof, sticking his tongue out at him. Vlad growled in frustration and continued the chase.