All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beta Test (Marco)
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2015 5:48 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

[OOC]

Ah, Stenskaer. A lovely little town with lovely people, including a merchant, a chief who's rumored to be fond of playing dice, and various characters of a generally kind and welcoming nature. A brisk sea breeze ruffles your hair as you approach the village. It lies at the foot of a steep cliff that offers a picturesque view of the blue-green sea and the little lighthouse on a small island a bit from the shore.

As you proceed down the well-trodden path, you notice a few bushes with bright red flowers growing alongside it. If you squint, you can just make out some fishermen milling around the boats in the small harbor. Near the entrance of the village is a noticeboard. Those are always worth investigating. Maybe you can make some money.

Vitality: 20
Attack: 5
Defense: 6
Agility: 4
Intelligence: 3

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: Beta Test (Marco)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:29 am 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Raymond walks down the path, his hand on his sheathed sword. He looks at the flowers with an admiring gaze, but passes them without picking any. As he gets up to the notice board, he peers at it in an attempt to make out what was there for notices.

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:32 pm 

As you near the village, no one seems to take much note of you. There are a few turned heads, but it's probably more because you're a total stranger, and not a widely known person. A mousy girl. in the middle of doing laundry outside with someone who must be her mother, keeps sending you nervous glances out of the corner of her eye. She quickly returns to her washing as her mother flicks water into her face, and turns to send you a stern glance.

Notice Board

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:07 pm 

I raise my hand to my chin, eyeing the notices curiously. "I could do with a young pup with a good nose... I should find that women, and then see about the missing girl. No young lady deserves to go missing without assistance" I murmured, making note that a girl was last seen by the harbor. "If nothing for my troubles, I could make some easy gold, and do a good deed in the best case scenario..."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:36 pm 

"The dog are the merchant's," a passing man notes. He's a sturdy looking one with blackened hands and burly muscles. When you mention the girl, his expression turns carefully neutral.

"She's Jormund's daughter; our village chief. I'd start there." A derisive snort escapes from him before he can stop it. "She's a hotheaded one. Doubt she'd want to be found again."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:16 pm 

I was about to simply nod and continue on my way, but I stopped upon hearing the mans words. "Um, what do you mean found again? does this girl often disappear?" I asked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 2:50 pm 

"Not often, no, but she was about to be married." The man shrugs. "Seemed happy enough, but a few days ago, she just vanished. None have seen her since. Cold feet, probably. Her Da's none too happy."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:18 pm 

I nod to the man. "Well, I will see if I can do something about that... even if she got cold feet, the wilds are no place for a young girl" I say to the man, assuring him I would look into it. "May I be so forward as to ask you for directions in this little town? specifically where the merchants and the village chief are."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:30 pm 

The man looks at you as if you're stupid, and points down the road. "Just go a little bit further into town and you'll see. Can't miss the merchant; the man dresses like - well, you can't miss him. As for Jormund, well, he's taken to wailin' in his house over his daughter." He shakes his head.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 3:38 pm 

I just raise my hands. "My first time in town, I apologize, thank you for the information though." I proceed to wander down the path, taking in the sights as I make my way to the merchant. I stop next to him, and nod in his direction.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:25 am 

The surly man from before was right - it really would be impossible to miss this merchant. With a set of large yellow and pink feathers in his hat, and a flamboyantly striped vest, he looks more like a jester from the Origanda court, and not at all like a tradesman in a small village whose main attraction seems to be fish. He stands proudly outside a small hovel, clearly putting more stock in his own appearance than that of his home. He splays out his arms, indicating the wooden stand next to him, and grins at you.

"Welcome, welcome to Stenskaer!" He booms, pronunciation slightly clearer than that of the other man's. "And what can I do for a fine traveler such as yourself?"

Stock | +
Animal liver x5
Origanda liquor x2
Smoked pheasant x2
Wheel of cheese x1
3 crowns
30 crowns
15 crowns
12 crowns

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:51 am 

I look at the mans items, curious... but not currently with any desire to buy. "Sir, I saw a notice on the board about some pups. Can you tell me more about that?"

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:30 pm 

The merchant shakes his head, rustling the feathers on his flamboyant hat. "I'm afraid not, sir! Are you sure you're not interested in my stock? Finest alcohol from the South, it is!" He smiles hopefully at you.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 5:56 pm 

Distracted by the wobbling feather, I nearly missed half of what he said. My head moving in sync with the obnoxious feathers movements. Snapping out of it, I shook my head at him with a shrug. "I am afraid I am short on money, and was simply curious about the hounds, which I swore I heard were owned by you... but before I set out I may come back," I explain to him. I turn and move to find Jormunds house, the mystery of his daughter on my mind, and the details of the dogs pushed off to the side.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 6:06 am 

People are walking to and fro about on their daily business, and no one aside from the merchant seems to wear clothes that are out of the ordinary in any way. Everywhere, you see people dressed in the same drab clothing in dull colors. The only one who doesn't seem busy is a man with graying hair, sitting in front of a nondescript house on a bench, petting an unfriendly-looking dog. He seems sad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:51 am 

I nod to myself and sigh pityingly as I see the man. Walking up toward him I raise a hand to garner his attention. "I assume you are indeed Jormund, the Chief here?" I asked, tipping my head slightly to the man with the Dog. My eyes shifted to the unfriendly dog, but I convinced myself he would not be harmed.

PostThis post was deleted by Marco on Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:52 am.
Reason: Confusing double post.
View Likes PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 9:42 am 

"That I am, that I am..." The old man sighs, nodding at his folded hands. Looking up, he spots your sword. It is not at all impressive, but a flicker of hope still lights up his face. "Say," he begins, hesitantly. "You wouldn't know how to use that, would you? M-my daughter... Rose... She was to marry..."

Overwhelmed with grief, Jormund buries his face in his hands. He raises his head again. Tears are glistening in his grey eyes. "Will you help me find her?"

⇒ New character entry: Jormund
⇒ New character entry: Rose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:35 pm 

I nod to the man quickly, clearly coming here with that intention. "Yes sir... I am here to find my own way in adventure, part of that is helping people with there problems," I assure him. "I just wish to ask... will there be a reward for this?" I ask, realizing that unless I make coin soon, I will only be able to afford but few meals. "It's just that I am kind of low on Coin you see, if there is anything you can offer, it will make my mission all the more easier while I am here," I say, trying to make it clear it was for the betterment of the situation.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:10 pm 

Jormund hesitates for a moment, then lights up. "We're but poor, but I can offer you half of my daughter's dowry. Provided..." He looks down again. "Provided you find it. She took the case with her when she left. I don't know why, but I don't have it anymore." He watches you with a pleading look in his eyes. "Please get my daughter back. People around the village are bound to have seen something."

⇒ New quest: The Lighthouse [10 EXP]