All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Beta Test (Marco)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:33 pm 

Crossing my fingers to see some familiar faces here soon

Medals: 2
Best Couple (1) 2nd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

I close my eyes for a moment, and when I open them I am look away. It seemed as though I might have had moral qualms about taking half of the girl dowry, though I didn't make any comments relating to it. I look back at him and nod, "I will do my best to help find your daughter Chief Jormund. Hopefully she only ran away like people think, and it is not something worse... if she only ran away, I can get her back without a scratch." I say almost proudly, though the fact the girl just disappeared when by the harbor still somewhat suspicious sounding. I look up to Jormund for one last question... "What do you know about the harbor? wasn't there some people looking for help with something there, I mean... wasn't it something about the lighthouse's light and needing safe passage?"

"Don't Lose That 'Little Spark of Madness' "-Personality Test Website.
And you thought I did not fit in here. =)

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:23 pm 

eye of newt, tail of newt... rest of newt...

Medals: 12
Best Couple (1) 1st Year (1)
2nd Year (1) 3rd Year (1)
Blog: View Blog (59)

"The harbor is Stenskaer, and Stenskaer is the harbor. We been living of fishing since the first people got to this little area!" At the mention of the lighthouse, Jormund's face clouds over. He points towards it. "See for yourself. It's the middle of the day, and it's misty around it. None dare go near because of the reefs that surround the island, but we need the light. It's too dangerous to sail otherwise." He pauses. "Rosie was betrothed to the lightkeeper, Mikkel," he mumbles. "Haven't heard from him, either. Although, children never tell their parents anything these days, do they?" He points up the hill towards the open smithy where the surly-looking man from earlier is standing, hammering away. "Jon might know more. Known each other since they couldn't yet walk, they have."

⇒ Quest updated: The Lighthouse [5 EXP]
⇒ New character entry: Jon
⇒ New character entry: Mikkel

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2015 8:59 am 

I nod to the chief and head off in the direction of the smith. I notice quickly just on how connected this whole situation was to other problems in the town. I make sure to keep in mind that despite everything, it all seemed to tie back to the harbor and that lighthouse. "Who knows... maybe them people who have that job for the lighthouse might be part of this somehow" I murmur on my way to Jon.

View Likes PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:19 pm 

Jon, the blacksmith, can be clearly heard from a distance. The ringing of a hammer and hisses from a forge grow louder as you near the forge. It's unbearably hot near the smithy, and the sweat is pouring down in dirty streams over Jon's face. He does not look up as you approach, but does shoot you a sideways glance as he continues with his work.
[cough politely][demand answers right away]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:55 am 

I wished I could have waited for the man to be done, but as the matter at hand was so important I did not really have a choice. The poor girls life is at stake after all.

"Jon! is it?" I called over the hammering. "I am here about Rosie, the Chiefs daughter. Can I ask you some questions about her and the town possibly?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 6:04 am 

Jon spits at the ground near your feet, looking sour as ever. "Rosie, aye," he mutters. "Ask away. Dunno what you'd expect to find out. She's my friend, been since we were little." His face darkens. "Then she went and fell in love with that damn light house keeper. Bloody good-for-nothing."
[Are you in love with her?][People seem to be scared of the light house.]

View Likes PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 10:32 pm 

I nodded, "so- am I right to assume you are not in love with Rosie? and, what is this about the lighthouse keeper?" I asked, eyebrow raising quizzically. "If there is anything you know... it may be good to make me aware of it."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:38 am 

Jon's eyes narrow threateningly at your suggestion. "An' why the **** would that be any of your damned business, now?" he hisses. "The lightkeeper is a craven and a moron, an' Rose is doubly so for even considerin' him worth her time. Leave me alone."
[Press the issue][Leave for the docks]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:15 pm 

My eyes quickly narrowed. "First... I am trying to help a missing girl out on behalf of her father, second-- What if she is in trouble?-- I figured a friend would want to help the one they are friends with if they were in a bad situation." I said, trying to make him feel somewhat guilty into helping out.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:24 pm 

He shakes his head at you, spitting at the ground once more. "Go **** yourself. We don't need heroes." He returns to his smithing, swinging his hammer viciously. It's pretty clear he doesn't want to talk to you anymore.
[Leave for the docks]

⇒ Character entry updated: Jon

View Likes PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:41 pm 

The last thing on my mind was too annoy him further, but as I turned and left for the lighthouse, I could not help but think of insults for the guy. One of them stood out especially from the others... and was related to his rather crap looking smithing skill. Though I couldn't be one to talk... so I left it at that.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 4:54 pm 

Once you get to the docks, it's starting to get dark. Dusk settles around you as you watch the last of the fishermen prepare to leave. You could probably get away with just - taking one of their small boats if you wanted to. You could also talk to the fishermen and ask them for one, although they do look like the types who might ask you to pay an absurd amount of money.

In the growing dimness, the sickly, green glow of the lighthouse is a lot easier to see. One fisherman looks behind him and shudders before walking on. They are all obviously uncomfortable.

[Talk to the fishermen about borrowing a boat][Take a boat when they're not looking]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:49 pm 

I moved to the nearest fisherman, and prodded his shoulder. "Hey-- uh, excuse me? is there anyway I can gain access to a boat or something?" I said.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 2:43 am 

The fisherman and all his friends jump at your voice, but relax immediately as they realize no danger is imminent. There are even a few scattered laughs of relief.

"Of course you can!" The fisherman you almost scared to death a few seconds ago says, grinning with yellow teeth at you. His breath isn't the best, to say the least. "Why, I'm happy you even asked! Most folks who come through just take whatever they want with no care for the locals. Pray tell, what's your business?"
["I'm looking for Rose."]["I'm going to the lighthouse."]

⇒ Reputation +2

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 4:38 pm 

I nod, but am prepared for their calm composure to change as soon as I mention what I am going to say. "Well, I am looking for Rose, and the Lighthouse keeps popping up in my investigation, I figured it might be a good place to look..."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2015 6:45 pm 

The fisherman pales, his pockmarked skin now closely resembling the Moon fighting to break through the clouds above. A faint, acrid smell creeps through the air. "W-w-well, good sir," he begins, gaping and fighting for his words, "you b-best take this with you too, then!" He bends down and gives you a handful of dirt that he thrusts in your hand. "To keep you grounded over there," the fisherman stammers. "Strange things happen." After a thoughtful moment, he lights up. "And this too!" He says, handing over what looks like a bleached finger bone on a string that he fished out of his pocket. He nodes, satisfied. "It'll bring you good luck!"
[Set off to the lighthouse.]
Equip 'finger bone charm'Brew potion

⇒ Alchemical ingredient found: Dirt [Zemjata]