All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:33 pm 

Apologies to my Partners. Life is a bit hectic.Thanks for being understanding.

Blog: View Blog (0)

Jared Burke was dizzy. His side hurt. He was not very sure where he was. He thought he made out the sound of a young woman's voice and the sound of horses walking away. He lost consciousness again. He awoke sometime later to a much quieter environment. His focus was better this time. He opened his eyes and blinked a few times. He was in a barn it looked like. What was happening?

Strange Lands & Stranger Company IC OOC
InuYasha: The Demon Army of the Daimyo IC OOC

Last edited by Teal88 on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: War & Agriculture
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:42 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

A young woman looks 18 she has on overalls, a plaid homespun blouse and a blue kerchief ted in her hair. He saw she had blond tendrils and bright blue eyes. She spoke with a heavy accent,"Your alive. Wasn't shure yu'd make till morn'in. Is lunch time. Oh me names Lidia Vialdi."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:54 pm 

He blinked at her. She was plain but pretty. She was definitely the "salt of the earth" type. he gave her the best smile he could manage.

"Pleased to meet you. I'm Jared Burke."

The thought of foos was not appealing. He was in pain and it was making him feel sick. He smacked his dry lips.

"Some water would be nice, please."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 pm 

She labeled him cold fresh rain water and held to his mouth. "Small sips. I washed ya uniform an me brother is cleaning ya sword. I gots ya dressed in Bert's night shirt. Ya been bandaged across ya chest and had a leg would on your right leg had ta stitch a up in Dral's horse hair. 'Ya runnnin hot...I got cold cloths on ya heads. Ya feet are frost bit ...Ya wont loose em. me wrapp em in blankets."

'Ya in ta room, with a widow an rope bed. Me been beside ya all day. I got chicken soup and hot toddy. for ya."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:54 pm 

Jared took small sips as he was instructed. He hadn't realized how hurt he was. In fact, he didn't remember much. He knew they were in a battle but after that it sort of gets fuzzy. He touch the cloth on his forehead. It did feel nice and cool. He sort of frowned at the food. He was not feeling much like eating but he should and he knew it. He steeled his stomach against the food and pointed at it.

"I have to eat something."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:04 pm 

Lidia sat next to him and his hand were in mittens wrapped in a blanket. "Ya try ha 'old t'is an ya be scream'n. Little bites and cut ta chic'n very fine. Added tiny dumplings and veges."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 7:25 pm 

Jared nodded. He sat patiently as she slowly fed it to him. As he started eating, he was glad he decided to eat. His stomach suddenly warmed to the idea of food. it started growling. He was also starting to get sleepy. Maybe he'd nap again. By the time the bowl was empty, he didn't think about it much. He promptly drifted off.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:10 am 

Lidia still wondered about the young man. There would be time to know him. She did a few chores and it was late afternoon when she returned. She unwrapped his hands, the were bright red. Lidia applied heavy lotion made with goat milk to his hands and feet. Them recovered them with rabbit fur lined mittens. The blond changed his bandages. "Sorry to wake, feeling better?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 1:16 am 

He smiled.

"Its fine. You're the healer."

He braced against the pain as she tended his wounds. That goats milk stiff smelled nice but man did it sting!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:33 am 

Lidia removed the mittens and covered his hands with her tanned, callosed hands. "Well that was from the warmth ya hands were nearly frost bit. Ya can use me bucket an relieve ya self. Just hold on to ta end of the bead. Anything I can get ya?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 3:07 pm 

"I'm good. I just seem to want to sleep."

He did need to go to the bathroom though. He'd wait until she left to do that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:03 pm 

"Sleep, the rest will help. Me will return at supper. Would like roast beef or venisen?", Lidia asked as she gathered Jarod's bowl and spoon.

Several weeks passed. Jarod had to return to his Lords castle; Lidia vowed to see him at King Wolkken's castle. A great celebration was hosted and everyone in the kingdom was invited. Lidia had friends that ran Ye Old Tavern Inn is side the keep. Lidia arrived by horse. She passed guards and inquired of "Jarod Burke"

She was directed to the palace man at arm's. The soldiers were taking their final vows and were confined to quarters until the ceremony was over. Lidia had to wait until all the Knight were released. She made arrangements with the captain on the guard, "Meet Lidia Vialdi, by the town fountain after afternoon ceremonies."

Lidia was almost beside herself with anticipation. Everyday seemed a lifetime. To her Jarod was her soldier left for her to take care of. She grew fond of him the longer he stayed. It has been weeks sice he left. She got word he was to be knighted and a month worth of rituals has to pass, before she could see him.

PostThis post was deleted by GreyHelm on Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:37 pm.
Reason: Double Post
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:32 pm 

Jared pulled at the collar of his ceremonial robe. He hated getting all dolled up like that. he paced his room again, practicing his recitation of the Knight's Oath. He had to get this right or they wouldn't let him be a knight. There was a knock at his door. He looked at for a moment. Who could that be? he opened the door.

A few of the guards came into his room. They smiled at him creepily. Jared raised an eyebrow. One of them, Daniel flopped down onto Jared's bed. he really hated it when he did that. Daniel smirked at him.

"So, Jared. There's a blonde sniffing around about you."

Jared looked surprised. "A blonde?"

"Yeah, she's been asking everyone about you. Even our captain. Lidia? By the central fountain?"

"Lidia's here?" Jared blushed furiously.

Of course. Lidia said she would come to see him. The other gaurd Greg laughed at him.

"Even his ears are red."

Daniel stood up and pushed Jared against the wall. He let out a grunt of surprise and pain. That kind of hurt.

"What the hell, Daniel?"

Daniel leaned into Jared's face menacingly. He tried to make his voice casual and friendly but with a hint of force.

"She was pretty cute. How's about you DON'T meet her at the fountain tonight."

"Jared was confused. "What? But she's my friend. Why wouldn't I?"

Daniel shoved him again. "Because I said. Greg and I can...comfort her."

"Guys its not like that."

"Shut up, squire!"

The chapel bell rung announcing the ceremony. Daniel shoved Jared again for good measure and left for their post in the ceremony. Jared rubbed the back of his head and made his way to the secret ceremony.
###

Jared exited the chapel beaming. He was finally a knight! He couldn't believe that it had finally happened. All his years of training had come to this! he rushed to the fountain square, forgetting Daniel's treat entirely.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2015 11:47 pm 

Lidia was not allowed inside to see the ceremony. People crowded around the castle. She did not care for crowds. Hardly anyone was around the middle of town. She was jumping up and down to get warm. She put on three layers of clothes and held her cloak tight, as stood next to her mare.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:28 am 

A figure moved in the shadows at edge of the ring of light around the central fountain. Daniel and Greg snickered as the approached Lidia. Daniel had on a roguish smile. He bowed slickly. He took Lidia's hand and kissed it. Greg got between Lidia and her horse.

"Hello, Lidia. I'm Daniel. I regret to inform you that Jared will not be able to be here tonight." He pulled Lidia in by her hand and started leading her away. "Why don't you come along with me? We'll show you a good time."

Greg tied her horse to the lamppost. He scurried after Daniel and Lidia.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2015 12:10 pm 

Lidia tugged and pulled at him, "Let me go, have you no honor or shame.'
She kicked him hard in the shins. "You are not worthy of you vows. Sir."

Lidia broke free, and shoved him hard. She released thee dagger under her left sleeve. "Leave me be. I will gullet ya as the pig ya are. Back off and call off your dog too."

She stood facing him and his pal. With the dagger extended pointed at his chest. "Do not take me a lady in distress, I knows how to use this. Remove ya weapons. Both of ya. Do it!"

She clenched her teeth and breathed in anger.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 30, 2015 8:34 pm 

Daniel cursed and swore when she connected with his shin. Greg snickered. Daniel stumbled bit from the shove and glared hard at Lidia. Daniel started to rush for her again when she present her blade. He threw his hands up in a defense.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa! Are you feisty?" Daniel chuckled. "She wants us to remove our weapons, Greg. What should we do?"

Greg laughed and feigned fear. He draw his sword.

"Mine's bigger, girlie."

Jared stepped out from behind the tree near the path. His blade slid close in to Greg's throat. "So's mine."

Greg's eyes widened. He let a whimper out and dropped her sword. Daniel cursed and took off running. Jared released Greg and shoved him. The foolish guard scrambled for his sword. He picked it up and pointed it between Jared and Lidia, slowly backing away. Once he felt the distance was good enough, he turned and ran away. Jared chuckle and he sheathed his sword.

"Hey, Lidia. Starting fights, are we? I knew you were tough, but geez." He gave her a warm smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:40 pm 

Lidia chuckled, "Hahaha, I just showed Daniel that he picked the wrong maiden. I know he is not worthy of that tabard. You my dear , are my knight in shining armor and a far better man."

Lidia smoothed her indigo, homespun dress and curtsied, "Thank you for scaring them off. Congratulations, Sir Jarod the defender. I will tell everyone how protective you are."

She stood up and wrapped her arm over his, "How does it feel to no longer be a squire, or initiate? You worked very hard and payed your dues.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:55 pm 

Jared blushed at her gushing praise. "Nah, you had them mostly in hand when I got here. Which, mind you, I will cherish forever. I always knew Daniel was a coward, I just didn't have any way to prove it. Plus, I think Greg peed himself."

Jared admired her as she fixed her dress. She was one of those rare types that held beauty without knowing it. She was so down-to-earth and easy-going when she could so quickly be a pretty face with no heart. He smiled and waved off her title, feeling embarrassed.

"Actually, I don't think I've gotten around to processing that idea yet. I don;t know if I expected to suddenly feel different or what. But I still just feel like me. I wouldn't even know what to do with a title. 'Sir' is a big enough change for now."

He kissed her hand, as a proper knight should upon greeting a damsel.

"Why don't we go back for your horse? Then, we can head for the public celebration at the castle?" He offered her his arm. "What do you say? Will you grace me with your company as my date, fair maiden?"