All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:59 am 

Medals: 1
Contest Winner (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Thank you for purchasing and installing RAGNAROK! We, the developers, hope you'll enjoy your experience with the game as much as we enjoyed creating it. In fact, we hope you enjoy it more, because the coding was incredibly boring at times. Before you get started on the game proper, a little tutorial may not go amiss.

Before we go into character creation, let's go over the basic controls. At all times, you'll find yourself in a small area we'll call a "space". To travel between these spaces, you can TRAVEL, GO, WALK, or HEAD in any direction. You can also use TRAVEL TO in order to fast travel to certain major locations. You might want to keep a notebook handy to note down all the major, useful places you encounter. In most spaces, there will be items or characters for you to interact with. There may be items laying around that you can EXAMINE or CHECK (these two are the same as far as gameplay goes) or maybe even TAKE or PICK UP. There might be documents to READ, or machinery to ASSEMBLE or BUILD, all depending. You can TALK TO characters (As long as the name you use to define which character(s) is unique, you may use first, last, or nickname at will) or ENGAGE them. Later in the game you may also get skills like BRIBE, INTIMIDATE, etc. In fact, there's almost no end to the commands you can type in, just make sure they're spelled correctly. Also, the game will not understand long or complex commands, so keep it simple, yeah?

Over the course of the game, you will develop skills. Which skills you attain will depend on your CLASS. Before you begin your game, CHOOSE a CLASS, SEX, and "NAME". You may choose all in the same command or take it bit by bit.

WARRIOR: Straightforward fighters. Will usually have strength-based abilities.
THIEF: Stealth and cunning-based. You have to be clever if you pick THIEF.
RANGER: Ranged combat and speed. Suave types, charismatic. Good if you wanna explore as many interactions with people as possible.
SKALD: Swashbuckler type. Similar to Ranger in out-of-combat abilities, but focuses on hand-to-hand combat.

That's it! All classes will have access to magic later in the game, so don't worry about the lack of a wizard!

The Shards United!..?
SuperVillain Weekly OOC / SuperVillain Weekly IC
Sengoku Jidai: Aspiring Daimyo

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:29 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

SKALD, FEMALE, JEXA

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 7:15 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Are you sure you want to be a FEMALE SKALD named JEXA? Once you've made these selections, there's no turning back.

Yes/No

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 8:56 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

YES

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:38 am 

Contest Winner (1)

You are JEXA, a young woman from the village of Rodahavn, quite some distance away. As a skald, you make your living with your music and your charms. You are, however, also an adventurer, skilled with a sword, and you've heard a rumour about someone putting together a party to hunt a mysterious creature seen on the outskirts of VALABORG, to the WEST. As you walk through the forest, however, you see a MERCHANT next to a BROKEN CART. He looks distressed, and gives you a look as you approach - he doesn't say anything though.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 9:56 am 

TALK TO MERCHANT

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:06 am 

Contest Winner (1)

You walk up to the merchant and greet him. "Greetings, friend. Having trouble?" The merchant nods, frantic. "Yes. my cart broke down and I do not have the means to repair it! I saw another cart, similar to mine, a little bit to the NORTH, but that area's infested with goblins! I could take them on if I was armed, but all I have is my shield, it won't be enough. If only I could go there, take one of the wheels and bring it back here, I would be good to go. Oh, please - I have some coins, and dried foods to spare, could you do it? You look tough enough." You look at the merchant. He sure does like he could use the help, but what if the delay means you'll be too late to join the hunting party?

Do you agree to help the MERCHANT? Yes/No

(Beginner's tip: If you think you have an edge, you can try to further NEGOTIATE your quest rewards. You can do that before or after the quest, depending on what you think will be more successful. In general, traders prefer having agreements done beforehand while less pragmatic characters are more likely to accept your request when they see the result of the quest.)

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:16 am 

YES

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:27 am 

Contest Winner (1)

You nod at the merchant. "Alright, I'll help you out. You said I could find spares to the north, yes?" The merchant gives a sigh of relief. "Yes, NORTH. It's not all that far. There's a path leading to it, actually. Just follow the path NORTHward, and you'll get there." You smile and give the merchant a small bow. "Very well."

What do you do now?

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 10:30 am 

WALK NORTH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 1:16 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

You head north into the forest proper. There's a path - not nearly the same thing as the road you were just on, but a path. Around you, there are a number of berry bushes and mushrooms. You can see the cart up ahead, but it's still a bit further NORTH.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:14 pm 

WALK NORTH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:35 pm 

Contest Winner (1)

Ignoring the berries, you head north towards the cart. It is old - has clearly been abandoned for some time - but the three wheels that arn't broken seem to be in good shape. So good, in fact, that you don't think you can break it off easily. To your surprise, the spider in the area seems to be keeping its distance, maybe out of fear for your blade. You remember something about the spiders around this area being relatively intelligent. Weather you feel relieved or a little bit disappointed, you're not entirely sure.

What do you do?

The Shards United!..?

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:20 pm 

ENGAGE WITH SPIDER

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:15 am 

Contest Winner (1)

The spider shoots webbing at you before running up a nearby cliff. Rooted, you spend ten minutes getting out of the stuff, cursing the waste of time. After finally getting free of your silky bonds, you look around. The creature cannot be seen or traced in any way.

What will you do next, hm?

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:15 am 

EXAMINE CART

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:47 am 

Contest Winner (1)

Inside the cart, you see a saw and a woodcutter's axe. There are also a small number of leather straps in good condition, as well as a bundle of flax. There doesn't seem to be any salvagable wood on the cart, though, only three of the wheels. On closer inspection, you also notice a cluster of eggs in the cart which looks like spider's eggs.

Decide on a course of action, please.

The Shards United!..?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 5:33 pm 

PICK UP AXE AND LEATHER STRAPS