All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:40 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

After many merry adventures, Robin Hood and Marian retired happily to Sherwood forest in order to spend the rest of their lives in peace. The decision was made when Marian discovered she was soon to have a child, and soon after a beautiful boy was born. Times were good for all in Nottingham.
One day, news of an attack on Sherwood Forest had spread, Robin Hood gathered his men and headed east to the forest to counter the attack. Marian remained behind; her son, Micah, was now six years old, hid himself within her skirt as she cradled her baby daughter. Anxious that her husband had not returned, Marian placed the swaddled baby into her son's arms and hugged them both tightly. "Be a good boy, look after your sister, I won't be long," she said, kissing the boy for the final time. Grabbing the nearest weapon, she rushed to Robin's side, who had been ambushed by the King's soldiers. King Richard's throne had been taken by a much more fearsome king, none other than the sheriff of Nottingham and his first order: kill Robin Hood.
Hood and his men fought valiantly, however the numbers against them were too great. While fighting, they were unaware that some of the king's men ran deep into the forest with kindling and torches. It had been a dry summer that year, once the kindling had been lit, it was not long until the whole forest was engulfed by flames. Robin and Marian exchanged glances as the flames caught their eye, in sheer panic they fled from battle and ran into the flames of the forest. The fire had spread quickly, the forest became unfamiliar to them as they ran through the smoke and fallen trees, calling out for their children.
Meanwhile, Micah cradled his sister, Haley, tighter in his small arms. The fire grew and spat, even the blanket which swaddled Haley caught aflame. Micah desperately tried to extinguish the fire, using his hand to smother it, both the baby and the toddler had burned slightly from it. It was then that the fairies of Sherwood had come to protect them. Micah and Haley were not alone, other children of the merry men had been left behind and huddled together in fear of the fire. Fortunately, the fairies had long ago enchanted the Major Oak of which the bandits slept beneath, it was the only tree that would not burn. The fairies lifted its roots, revealing a underground hiding place, quickly the children slid down into the hole to shelter themselves. Once in the hiding place, every child huddled together, most in tears, waiting for the fire to subside.
Marian and Robin, and the remaining men became lost in the burning forest during their search and were finally taken by the flames.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 11:11 pm 

Medals: 2
Completed RP (1) Dedicated Partner (1)

Later, the fairies searched the burnt forest for the parents of the children only to see the remains of the charred bodies....Robin and Marian died together but sadly as they thought they had let there children die as well. They mourned and went back to the children. As they tried to tell them what happened, they realize the children were so traumatized that they had no memory of their previous lives and parents. The fairies decided to keep it that way until they were ready to learn. The Fairy Princess, Gazelle, assigned fairies to every children. One fairy close to Robin and Marian was in charge of their children. Micah wasn't as badly burned as his sister whose arms were charred. The fairy healed the baby not realizing that the magic had mixed with the fire burns were seeping into her baby soft skin giving Haley powers of her own. The fairies raised the children in the underground until the forest grew back (sped up with the help of fairies). By the times the children were up and about, they were in their early teens. They spent their days in the forest never leaving or learning what the Sheriff of Nottingham has done to the kingdom.

Years later

The group of 10 kids were hunting for food. They were hunting a big hog that seemed to be dangerous. They made sure they worked as a team to kill it and not get anyone hurt.

Haley, the youngest at 16, watched impatiently at it then whines, "Now?"

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:27 am 

Micah, now a man at twenty years, pulled his sister back, raising a finger to his lips to signify that it was time to be quiet. Even after years of hunting side by side, Micah still wanted Haley to stay behind. She was all the family he had ever known, apart from Lucinda who was the fairy who cared for them. "Stay back," he whispered to Haley. He raised his bow and aligned himself with the target. Breathing in deeply, he and the others released their arrows and struck the hog. The hunting party immediately chased the injured hog to deliver the finishing blows, Micah preferred a quick, clean kill, he did not wish for animals to suffer. The hog was bound and carried back to camp; as they returned, Micah held on to his sister's arm tightly to keep her from wandering far.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:54 am 

She whined wanting him to let go. "Micah, I'm fine! Let me go please."
He was always babying her in a way. Lucinda told him, if not drilled in his mind, his main priority was to keep Haley safe. She was a chore for him to watch because she was almost always running off especially when she was a kid. When Micah didn't let her go, she groaned and walked.

The group was walking back to their area when Haley perked up, she highly favored cat like senses and reflexes, listening. The group halted when Micah ordered them to. He was the leader of the band. Haley was more or less first mate if pirates though really a man named Psy was second in command. Micah and him were the closet after Micah and Haley. Psy was Little John and a gypsy woman's son.

He looked over at Micah and whispered, "What is it? What does she sense?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:37 am 

Reluctantly, Micah loosened his grip on his sister, so she could get a better reading of the area. He raised his hand up to to halt the others and remained completely still; waiting and listening closely. Closing his eyes, he shut out all distractions; listening beyond the heavy breathing of his companions and the rustling of leaves in the wind. There was something out there. He turned to Haley; "Well?" he said calmly, adding to Psy's question.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:18 am 

"Others....metal shoes....bodies....coming this way.....searching for something."
The others look toward Micah and he puts a finger to his lips. He points to the tree and they all do so putting on their hoods that blends with the tree tops. Soon, men in armor with royal seal of fire on their chest were dragging a crying prisoner inbound. The poor looking man was crying and pleading to them.

"Please don't kill me! I have a family! Please!"

"You shined the king's shoe wrong. He declared your death."

"No!", he cries

The guards drag him to a tree with the group in it. They tie him up before soaking him in flammable oil. The man sobs as they do so.

Haley whispers, they perfected whispering to make it sound like bird fluttering its wings, "What are they doing?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:10 pm 

Micah glared down at the royal guards and the prisoner. The thick oil smells familiar, images of flames flash before him but he shakes away the memories. Turning back to Haley, he whispers: "They're executing him, we must help him." However ordered Haley to stay safe within the treetops, this was far more dangerous than hunting.
He gave a signal to the others to ready their bows and did so himself. On his count the arrows were released, immediately they jumped from the tree and attacked the guards. Fortunately Micah and his bandits outnumbered the royal guards and their light weight gear made them almost impossible to hit. Using the forest to his advantage, Micah bounced from tree to tree, throwing the guards off balance. Using left over rope from their hunt, they bound the guards.
"Are you okay?" he said, approaching the sobbing man and offering a cloth for him to wipe himself.
The man fell to the ground with out spread hands; "Th-thank you!" he cried.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:23 pm 

He sobbed happily expressing his thanks. Haley climbed down when it was over pouting, "I wanted to help..."
Micah shook his head and turned to the guards.

Psy looks to his long time friend and asks, "What do we do with this scum?"

Haley voices, "Set them on fire since they wanted to set the man on fire."
Some mumbled in agreement.

Another female of the group stepped up saying, "No one is being set on fire. We all have enough bad dreams with that as is. It's what Micah decides."

The voice of reason was Friar Tuck's adopted daughter, Selina. She was saved from a abusive home by the original Merry Men. Friar Tuck vowed to never have intercourse but it doesn't mean he couldn't adopt. She was three when she was saved and, though she wasn't following in her father's footsteps, she did gain voice of reason and religion with him. Besides, she liked wearing pants and wanted children. She was also Micah's girlfriend but they kept it professional most of the time. When alone, the two showed their love to one another. And, before the audience thinks otherwise, the two are still virgin. Selina is a Christian girl after all.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:37 pm 

Taking a moment to weight his options, Micah stared down at the guards. "Selina's right, no one is being set on fire, it'll make us as bad as them." He spat at the scum. With crossed arms, he looked at his sister, expressing a disappointed look at her suggestion. He thought she was better than that, but she was still young. "Tie them to the tree, let the forest deal with them." He said coldly. It wouldn't be on his conscious if a hungry pack happened to stumble upon the bound up guards.

While some were disappointed with Micah's order, they did as they were told with very little objection. "Let's head back to camp, before it gets dark."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:43 pm 

They nod and head back. Haley hung her head sadly and followed Micah. They got home with light to spare. Haley set up the fire pit and snapped her fingers causing a flame to appear in her hand. She made it dance happily between her fingers before throwing it on the kindling. The fire flared up and it was ready for the hog to be cooked.
Some of the members her skinning the animal and portioned it out for them all.
Selina stood near Micah and watched Haley sit in her favorite tree alone to think.

"Go talk to her."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 12:57 pm 

With a sigh, he looked back at Selina, he wasn't sure what to say to Haley. She gave him a stern yet loving look, which sent him swiftly on his way to his sister. Climbing the tree, he perched beside her and patted her shoulder. "Something bothering you?" he asked with a warming smile. Despite acting cold towards her outside of camp, it was only his way of protecting and teaching her. Micah's earliest memory was holding Haley in his arms, and from there on he vowed to protect her.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 1:12 pm 

"Nothing...", she said shying away. Haley loved Micah but sometimes she didn't know what to do around him. She felt like a burden. She was the youngest of them all and didn't want to be taken care of by anyone or she felt like she was slowing things down for them. She was crying when came up so she quickly dried her tears before he saw. She knew the relationship was strained now since he took control of the group and became a boyfriend to Selina. Haley didn't want to be in the way of their relationship. She rather him be happy with her than worrying about her all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:37 pm 

"You can tell me anything, Haley, I'm here for you," he said, pushing his hair back from his eyes and scratching his head. He could see her face was red, but decided to stay quiet, assuming that Haley wouldn't want a fuss made over her tears. Admittedly, Micah had no idea what to do when people cried, when Haley cried as a child the fairies would step in to soothe her, even Selina helped. He sighed and gazed at her with a softer expression. "I'm sorry I'm so controlling of you, I'm just trying to protect you... How about I let you lead the next hunt?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:50 pm 

"....", Haley sighed, "Ok...."
She said nothing more. Micah looked down and saw Selina encouraging to talk to her.

Haley had a hard time talking about her problems with her brother....mostly because he never helped her handle them. She also feels like she would see the disappointed look on his face. She didn't want to feel like she let him down or did something wrong. She knew she was a troublemaker but she couldn't control it at times....nor why she said setting people on fire crossed her mind. Haley sighed and pulled her knees close to her.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:55 pm 

Micah gulped as he caught the sight of Selina and returned his concentration on Haley. "I know I haven't always... supported you, but this is hard for me too, I'm trying my best here." He hugged her, wrapping his arms tightly around her curled up body. He needed her to know that she wasn't a burden, he simply was not good at being a brother and a parent and a leader. The responsibility was too stressful for him.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:06 pm 

She hugged him instantly crying, "I love you, big brother. I love you so much."
When Micah hugged back, she cried softer.

Selina smiled seeing this and leaves the siblings alone. Later, the group eats and falls asleep.
During the night, Haley wakes hearing a noise in the forest. She made sure no one was awake and the fairies were asleep too. She put on her cloak, grabs her bow and arrows and goes off into the night to find the sound.

She finally finds it and sees it is a bunch of guards cutting down trees of the forest. A quarter of the forest was cleared by the looks of it and it enraged her. She took off her bow and put an arrow on the notch. She sets it on fire and shoots a guard in the face with it. She shoot more causing an alarm from them.

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:33 am, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:30 pm 

As Haley let out a cry, Micah felt compelled to hold her tighter. He said nothing, he wasn't sure if anything he had to say would help, but he stroked her hair and held her close. Finally he muttered a; "I love you too," to his little sister, wiping her tears from her reddened cheeks.

Finding Selina, Micah wraps his arms around her as they fall asleep. He slept restfully until an alarm in the distance sounded. With a jolt, he jumped up from his lodgings and rallies the rest of the group. A quick headcount reveals that Haley is missing, he calls out for her hectically but no response. In a frantic rage, Micah prepares the bandits for a battle, gathering all the arrows he could muster and runs into the forest. As they head out, Micah grips tightly onto Selina's hand, dreading the thought that Haley might be in trouble, and looks into her eyes - searching for reassurance.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 6:59 pm 

As the guards scrambling looking for the shooter, they shot arrows into the trees. Haley bounced from tree to tree avoiding the arrows. One gets lucky and sticks her in the arm with a arrow. She lets out a chirping whine and pulled it out of her arm. The guards start cutting down the trees to find the person shooting at them.

Micah and the bandits get to were the alarms were sounding. They notices the tress were cut and some were shooting in the trees. Selina looks to the trees as the rest are in shock.

"She is here. There's men shot by arrows and they are shooting at the trees."

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:49 pm 

Frantically, Micah looked around in the trees for a sign of Haley. Quietly, not to attract the guards in the distance, he ordered the group into the tree to ready their bows for an attack. He remained on the ground for a moment, pacing back and forth as he stared up into the trees. One of the bandits released a bird call-like signal upon finding the injured Haley. Without hesitation, Micah climbed the tree, rushing to his sister's aid. When glancing at the bloody wound, rage took control and pushed all sense of rationality out of mind.
"Kill them all," he ordered coldly, grabbing his sister's arm and applying pressure to the wound. He had not yet seen that the forest had been attacked, Micah had no interest in what the guards were doing in the forest; their only crime -in his eyes- was harming his little sister. That in itself was punishable by death.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 7:41 pm 

The Group gathered their bows and dipped the arrows in poison they gathered from snakes. Others lit theirs on fire and shot at the guards with deadly speed and accuracy. Everyone shot fell dead if not screaming in pain then dying. A few escaped but the rest running fell dead. Out of the brigade 150, only 5 survivors of the soldiers.

Haley whines as her blood slowly trickled out sort of boiling. Selina gives Micah the first aid kit. The group gathered around watching him take care of Haley.

Selina asks, "What are you doing out here alone?"

"I heard the forest in trouble.", she whines, "They were cutting down trees and killing and trapping animals...I couldn't take it...."

The surviving soldiers ran back to the king's castle scared.

"Your Highness! Your Highness!"

Last edited by KioriYasha102 on Thu Feb 11, 2016 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.