All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 6:39 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

The Master Mage had arrive back home the day before *I survived four years of university and here I am home for Winterfest.*
She was riding her chestnut mare with a white patch down her muzzle. All the sudden a wagon passed her the horses were a blur. There were four uniformed men and one was... "oh gods. They tossed something."
It hit the dirt road with a thud. A cry came from the thing, "I am sworn to save it."
The mage immediately tugged on the rains and crossed the main and only road to wild woof shire. The being came to view as she got closer. The being had a burlap bag over its head. There were ropes bound to the hand and feet.
The master mage leapt from the saddle her long cotton petticoats and plaid quilted dress were caught on the saddle horn. She removed her skirts and a carpetbag-of-holding from the saddle. She ran and sat in the snow next to the being. She first untied the bag covering the head.
He was a male same species as hers. His eyes were too blackened hands swollen to see the color of his eyes. She quickly untied his hands and feet. He wore tattered raiment's of a uniform. The color faded, covered in dirt, sweat, and dried blood. The mage had to cover mouth.
"Oh gods. Your will freeze out here and die of frostbite. His whole body was cold. She removed her wool and blue satin lined cloak. She draped over him. The mage examined his body. His hands were bloodied. "Not it's his wrists!" He was shackled. His whole body was covered in bruises. She traced his sides and found his ribs cracked not broken. His left arm had dried blood from a blunt object.
The man's pelvis was gashed and was his right leg. The gash was so deep bone protruded.
*Thank the gods tour still breathing and out cold."
With a wave of her hand and an utterance, the man was floated to her horse and secured to the saddle. He was carried over the saddle on his stomach. The managed hiked up the stirrup not to hit his head. She led the mare at a fast pace to her home. *Thank the gods we are just a stones through from home.*
"I'll get you cleaned up and in bed. You are most likely sick already."
The mage spoke to the half-dead man. I wonder why you are dressed in hardly any clothes, in the dead of winter. I will find out who you are soon."
Kate arrived at the back of the manor and floated the man into the manor and to a guest room off the main hall. Kate yelled from the room. Ann, I need your help. I found a man on the side of the road.
Ann, the housemaid and cook cane running and threw her arms in the air, "Katie that be a man. Who is he?"
Kate looked over him as he lay on the bed. "He has nothing. He was tossed from a wagon and left here."
"I will help you bath him. Whew, he needs like a mess of baths. Get his clothes off and burn them where has this man been?"
Kate and Ann turned him over to find his back has been flayed by both blade and whip.
"Gohh what the man do to get beaten and fogged?"
Kate is he breath 'in?"
"We got to bath him before I can heal him."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:00 pm 

Medals: 1
Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Aiden stiffened his muscles everytime the wagon hit a bump in the road. 'Why do they have to do this? What did I do this time that deserved being beaten? Probably nothing but they must of thought I did something or hell, this is how they find joy in life. Can't deprive them of their only entertainment now can I? When did I become so cynical or have I always been like this? I can't remember it hurts to think, it hurts to breathe. I wish that the pain would stop.' He thought as he felt himself being shoved out of the wagon. He braced himself for the impact and then passed out.

'What is this? Is this what death feels like? Why am I still in pain? I guess I will never get away from the pain.' He thought as he felt warmth surrounding his wounds but the warmth stung as much as it soothed. He tried to block out the pain but to no avail. He stiffened his muscles and prayed that it would be over soon.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:04 pm 

Kate and Ann set him in a tub of luke warm water. The cleaned his wounds and set towels on the bed. Kate got him a fresh change of bed clothes and underclothes.

Kate bandaged his deep wound and then healed him with mana when his body temperature was 99F
His body shot up to 102.5 with chills. Ann covered him with blankets and a quilt.
Kate sat next to and held him to her while Ann made cold packs for his eyes.

His hands and feet were covered in socks and mittens.

Ann returned and Kate held him as Ann removed the covers and placed a cold silk large cloth dipped in healing oils over his raw back. Ann covered him up. She had a servant bring a pitcher of fresh water and mug of hot toddy.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 12:48 am 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden tried to open his eyes but there was something on them preventing him from opening them. 'Great, I can't open my eyes. At least most of the pain is gone now. Maybe if I touch my eyes, I can find out what's on them. Then hopefully I can open them.' He thought and pulled his left hand up to touch his eyes. He felt something cold on them. He grabbed the cold pack off of his eyes and opened them.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 7:48 pm 

Kate expected him to fear where he was and she saw his irises, "Easy there, your safe from harm."
Kate held a glass of water to his salve covered lips. "I have a warm toddy for too. It has cooled a bit.
Do not move sir. I placed a cloth over you back."
She let him drink and offed him another glass.
"If you stayed outside you have died. I am Healer Mage Kate Lions and this Miss Ann. Your in my guest room. We warmed you, given you a bath, and fresh sleeping garments. I have a drink to help you sleep and gave you medicine to ease the pain."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 12:44 am 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden drank the drink that the woman gave him and listened as she explained where he was. He was skeptical of why this woman named Kate would help him. He hoped that she would help him and not expect him to pay her back but past experiences told him otherwise. "Thank you for helping me." He said in a hoarse voice from his extensive injuries. He took the medicine from her and drank it. He slowly found his eyes closing as the medicine took effect.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:17 am 

Ann left the room after taking his ragged clothes. Kate stayed by the man that was left for dead. "You welcome, Sir. Sleep."
She replaced the compress over his eyes and help Ann with a few minor chores. A few hour passed and Sara, a 13 year old student came bouncing in the kitchen. She had been to the 500 acre lake skating with her friends.
"It's a lovely day. Did anything happen while I was out?"
Kaye chuckled, "Yes. As a matter of fact. I saw a man getting throw out a wagon. He is alive and resting in the guest room."
Sara mouth dropped, "Kate what if he is a bad man and kill us. Papa's going to be ferious. He can't stay."
Kate snicker, "You and your imagination. Look at him, Go on. See that in the condition he's in. He could not hurt anyone. Besides Captain Artimus would guard us. There are so many things About him that do not seem wright. He was branded a traitor yet dumped near by. A traitor is usually banised not thown out at wagon.He bore a green uniform with King Atria's emblem. He was an elite guardman in the palace. I will tell Papa when he arrives no need to disturb him. It will be a few weeks before our mystry man is well. Tell all about who you saw today."

Sara left the kitchen and slowly opened the guest room. She crept toward to bed ; saw the man, and picked up the empty glass and sniffed. . "Oh by the gods. Kate's right. Poor man. Whew. This is one of Kate's concoctions. Put an orc to sleep is so strong."

Sara started to touch the compress and lifted her hand and snuck out closing the door quietly as she left. She skipped to the kitchen. "You right he is terrible shape. I wonder who did this?"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:13 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden stayed asleep for what felt like forever. He opened his eyes and removed the eye packs from his eyes and sat up. The moon let in just enough light for him to see the shapes of the furniture in the room. He laid back down once he knew that there was nothing to hurt him near by. He closed his eyes and fell back asleep. The next time he opened his eyes, the sun had just risen and he could hear the door opening.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:32 am 

A lady entered wearing a a full white apron, high,white, lace collar on an all black, pleated, long dress. Her brown hair was tied in a bun and carried a breakfast tray. Following behind her was a 14 year old girl in a ankle length black dress and apron. A day cap covered her head and she carried a full tea service.

A young woman was sitting reading a book by his bedside; she set the book down when the servant's walked into the room.
"Ann set the tray by me and Marie fix our guest a cup of tea with lemon."

Ann looked at the man as she set the tray down, "Welcome back to the living. I brought you food. You gave us quite a scare young man. Good your awake."

Kate adjusted the pillows and helped him sit up. "How to you feel, Sir? I hope your hungry."

He smelled roast, potatoes, carrots, rosemary, thyme, onions, homemade hot rolls, and apple pie.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:13 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden allowed the girl to help him sit up. He was puzzled that she had called him sir but thought that she was just being polite. He looked over at her. "I feel much better than I did yesterday. I am hungry thank you for everything you have done." He said still confused by the way that she was treating him, since he had only known pain and hatred his entire life it seemed. He picked up a spoon that was next to the food and gingerly started to eat the stew. He didn't eat the vegetables but he did eat the broth. He hadn't eaten in at least 3 days or more and he didn't want to make himself sick from the richness of the food.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:46 pm 

Kate smiled and knew holding the spoon strained him, "I am glad your feeling better. Your most welcome. May I help you? I know your starving, you do not have to use you best manors."

Kate held the bowl and fed him, he ate slowly, she knew he been starved and beaten. As much as she was curious, Kate knew Aiden would tell her when he felt safe to do so. He may wanted to hide his past hide his past, therefore, Kate did not see any need to interrogate him. She wanted him to heal and if he was troubled she wanted to help him. If anything unusual happened she was notified by friends at court. It was odd no letter arrived and she had not heard from her father in over a week. Lord Lyons was in the habit of writing her daughter at least once a week. Especially since he was appointed adviser to the king.
Winterfeast a month away and both her father and brother were at the palace of King Atrius.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 2:18 am 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden pushed the spoon away from him when Kate tried to feed him more of the soup. "Thank you but I really can't eat any more or I will get sicker. I have to ask why did you help me?" He asked still confused at the kindness that she was giving to the likes of him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:43 pm 

Kate laid a cool wash cloth over his swollen right cheek. "I help anyone that is injured. I have yet to take my oath as a healer mage. My fathers is lord of the shire. Anyone that tries to harm me, will have his wrath. No one deserves to be beaten, branded, and left to die in the cold. Try not to speak, you have a fever and need rest. We will talk once it breaks."

Kate turned to Ann, he needs to eat meat in his vegetable broth every six hours. He's right not to eat too much. His body is not used to eating much. He will build muscles once he can move about and resume training."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 15, 2015 11:15 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden nodded in agreement and closed his eyes. He stiffened as he heard her talk to another woman about him training once he was well. He hoped that she wouldn't train him to fight in an arena again but he didn't have much hope about that. He drifted off to sleep with worries about what type of training he would endure once he was well again.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:36 pm 

Kate felt his body stiffen and fall to sleep. "Rest easy you will never be forced to fight, Sir."

It was several weeks before he was ready to leave the confines of the room and able to stay awake. Kate and Ann kept him comfortable as possible until he was ready to venture out. The ladies assisted him walking and Ann's cooking allowed him to recover and gain a healthy few lbs. Kate made sure he stretched and used his muscles His ribs and flayed back healed. He was in constant worry for his eyes and this morning sent for the eye doctor.

The doctor checked eyes and met Kate outside the guest room. You did a good job as his eyes healed. He may need glasses. Bring him into my office this week. The lad has no permanent damage."
Kate hugged the doctor in relief. "Thank you. I feared he be blind."
The doctor smiled, "You did well to call me the first week. He would be blind"

Kate reentered the guest room. "Would you like to see you home?"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:37 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden felt stronger than he had in years, mainly due to the fact that he was actually getting to heal. He still didn't fully trust the people that had helped him but he was getting there. He had just seen the latest doctor that Kate had brought in to see him. He didn't like what he was hearing about having to wear glasses. His vision would clear up and he wouldn't have to deal with glasses, he was positive on this fact. He sat up when he heard the door open and Kate asked him a question. "Sure, that would be great." He said thinking that she was trying to get him acquainted with the house so when he was fully well then he could start working for her as her slave. He was tired of thinking that way but in his experience that was the only reason anyone helped him.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 6:51 pm 

Kate showed him the whole downstairs. She started with the back of the manor, "To your right behind the door to you suite is the kitchen. You may enter anytime and have a snack or drink. Meals are with the family across the hall. We eat at 6:00 a.m., noon, and 6p.m."

The mage led him down the main hall to the right of his room door. "These huge doors lead to the library and Papa's office in the back."

Kate led to a huge foyer and he could see a spiral alabaster staircase leading up three floors. "The 2nd floor houses bed room and servants quarters above the kitchen. The 3rd floor is the attic and spare guest rooms. To your left facing the entrance to the manor is the parlor and music room and to your right is the game room, billiard table, dart board, and men's lounge."

(I will type details later)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:53 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Aiden stared in awe at every room he saw in the estate. He had no clue how he would remember to navigate through the house if he had to start working here. Or for that matter be able to get back to his room without getting lost. He definitely didn't want Kate to leave him alone to navigate the house anytime soon.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:31 pm 

Kate led him to the parlor before taking upstairs. "The downstairs is pretty big. You get lost or hungry, Take the main hall all the way back; you'll see the kitchen. Your room, should you agree to stay, is across from mine. You may decorate as you like. I should ask if you have anyone that I need to notify that your here?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:47 pm 

Adaptive (1)

"There is no one to notify. My masters threw me out as you saw." Aiden said and wondered why she would want him to stay at her house unless it was for him to work for her. Surely she knew what he was.