All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:29 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

It is promising to be yet another boring shift at work. Sebastian is tapping his fingers on the counter, one of his books open in front of him, as he is highlighting the important parts. He has an exam in about a week, and he has to cram in all of the studying he can get done, before he has to be up. He isn't really insecure about the exam, but he still would rather be on the safe side. The rain is pouring outside, and he has a cup of steaming coffee next to him, happy that it is a slow day, so that he can get some studying done.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:37 am 

yes that's all very nice but unless it's coming from hansol choi i don't wanna hear it

iamcrystalqueer wrote:
It is promising to be yet another boring shift at work. Sebastian is tapping his fingers on the counter, one of his books open in front of him, as he is highlighting the important parts. He has an exam in about a week, and he has to cram in all of the studying he can get done, before he has to be up. He isn't really insecure about the exam, but he still would rather be on the safe side. The rain is pouring outside, and he has a cup of steaming coffee next to him, happy that it is a slow day, so that he can get some studying done.

Kurt likes the idea of having a job - being away from his brother and said brothers girlfriend and getting payed for it seemed like a perfect idea. And it is - until Kurt steps into the almost empty shop and nearly backs out again. At the counter, head buried in a book (probably "How To Be An Ass: A Guide for Dummies" Kurt thinks bitterly) stands none other than Sebastian Smythe, and Kurt really isn't ready to breathe the same air as him, let alone be in the same room. He doesn't like him, and he's pretty sure Sebastian doesn't exactly harbor any nice feelings towards him as well.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:50 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

There is no bell on the door, so it is impossible to tell if someone is entering the coffee shop, something him and the other employees have complained about on several occasions. However, they have all gotten into the habit of looking up every now and then, just to make sure that no one has entered. That is not the case, however, because in the door is none other than Kurt Hummel. He smirks, only to hide his disdain for the other "Well well well, look what the cat dragged in" he says in a sly voice, not doing anything to hide his disdain "What can I do for you, Hummel?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:57 am 

yes that's all very nice but unless it's coming from hansol choi i don't wanna hear it

"Unfortunately no heavy objects to hit you with" Kurt mutters, but looks straight at the older boy and smiles. Normally Kurt isn't one to fall into school rivalry, and the whole thing between McKinley and Dalton seemed ridiculous at first. But then Kurt actually got to know Sebastian and learned how much of an ass he was, and so the hatred grew. "You could vanish off the face of the Earth, that would be nice. But I need to talk to your boss. Would it tear on your ressources to show me the way?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:02 am 

Sebastian just laughs at that, not really amused by Kurt's snaps, but it's amusing that he tries. He just points towards the back of the shop, the door clearly labelled "Manager". He can only assume that Kurt is here about one of their vacancies, so it's safe to assume that they are going to be working together in the future. Great "Knock yourself out. Remember to knock, she gets mad when you don't" he says with a smirk, and returns to his book.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 11:06 am 

Kurt sends Sebastian a smile and walks past him, knocking on the door twice before waiting for someone to let him enter. He tries to convince himself that money and being away from Finchel and their wedding plans (Seriously?) and Sam eiting everything in their fridge is a good thing, and that Sebastian is just a minor casualty. He's ignored people like Sebastian before, and he'll do so again.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:06 pm 

Sebastian isn't really too keen on the prospect of working with Kurt, but if that is how it has to be, then that is how it has to be. He highlights a long phrase in his book, before taking a sip from his coffee, knowing that he is going to need it. He is pretty aware of the fact that Santana is lying on his couch at him, trying to sleep her hangovers off, and she will expect him to bring her gross fast food, or else she will murder him. God, he picked the worst best friends ever.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:39 pm 

The whole 'knock-before-you-enter-she-hates-it-when-you-don't' proved to be a casualty - apparently Kurt was hired the minute he stepped into the shop, a thing that would have been nice to know beforehand so he didn't have to talk too much to Sebastian. But Kurt has been raised to be the bigger person (sometimes much bigger), and so he braces himself for being somewhat civillized when in Sebastian's vicinity. "Thanks for the assistance"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:21 pm 

Sebastian knows that he should probably leave his high school time behind, and just let it go by now, but he has always been known for being childish, so he can't really help it. He is pretty much used to getting things his own way, and he doesn't like it when he doesn't, so even if it is quite some time since he last saw Kurt, then he is not one to let go of a grudge. He has never done it before, and he is not about to start doing it now.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:28 pm 

Kurt didn't expect a reply - not completely, at least, but that still doesn't stop him from rolling his eyes and grabbing an apron from under the counter. It didn't seem like a particularly busy day, and Sebastian was apparently busy doing whatever, so Kurt decides to just leave him be. Almost. "You look ridiculous when you're frowning like that, you know. Just saying"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:38 pm 

Sebastian just frowns at that, bookmarking and closing his text book, seeing as he knows that he probably won't get more **** done now that Kurt is here "Some of us have to concentrate on school work, Hummel" he says, obviously unimpressed by Kurt's insults "You know, some of us have exams that do not require singing and dancing, but instead actual studying" he adds with a shrug, leaning against the counter with an arched brown, and takes another sip from his coffee. Now he surely needs the energy.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 2:49 pm 

"I'm surprised you even graduated Dalton in the first place, to be honest. What happened?" He's pretty sure most of their sour behavior comes from the glee club, and he's pretty sure Sebastian hasn't forgotten that time New Directions actually won over the Warblers, and mybe that's why Sebastian looks at singing as something geeky.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 10:56 am 

Sebastian just snorts at that, because Kurt would know nothing about his academic achievements, so he doesn't really take the insult all that close to heart. Instead he just shakes his head "You know Hummel, Dalton actually has a certain standard for their students, which is why they have the highest graduation percentage in Ohio. But sure, try and talk down to me about my academic life. Humor me"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:04 pm 

Kurt rolls his eyes, because he honestly didn't think Sebastian would be more painful to be around than he was in high school, but so far Kurt has a wish about slapping Sebastian's snark off of his face, even though he doesn't want to get fired for harrassing a colleague. "How are you still this annoying?"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:34 pm 

"I'm studying law, it comes with the territory" Sebastian answers with a shrug, still not further impressed by his quips all. If he is being honest with himself, then they still sound like high schoolers, and he isn't really pleased with that, but he can't quite help it. Kurt just brings out a childish side of him "And you were the one who started talking to me, so you picked it yourself"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:08 pm 

"Well while you're at it why don't you sue me for believing the best in people" Kurt replies dryly, leaning against the shop counter with crossed arms. It really is ridiculous that they still act like 16 year-olds, but something about Sebastian's very way of being dances on Kurt's nerves, and he can't really pinpoint why it still bothers him so much.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:30 pm 

Sebastian snorts at that, because he knows that Kurt didn't actually believe the best in him. No one ever does, so why would Kurt be any different? "How have you survived New York for more than five minutes?" he asks, maybe slightly harsher than what he had intended, but it doesn't matter anyway, because he is not trying to stay friends with Kurt "No one here is good. Everybody is selfish. Get used to it"

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:36 pm 

Kurt shrugs. "My striking personality" he says, raising an eyebrow at Sebastian's slight change in demeanor - it's true, New York isn't a dance on roses like he'd thought it would be, but he is more than determined to make the best of it no matter what, and not even Sebastian will be allowed to get in the way for that. "I'm sorry did I hit a nerve? It's not like you to give people advice. At least not my kind of people"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:02 am 

Sebastian just shakes his head, because he really isn't in the mood for this. God, he needs a drink. "Take it as a professional courtesy," he snaps, obviously not even close to being amused by this situation. "Wouldn't want Berry's screams at your death to ruin the entire continent. Nor would we want little Blaineykins to be sad, now would we?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:04 am 

"I'm almost honoured by the fact that you remember their names, even now" Kurt comments, because the last time he checked Sebastian and Rachel hated each other more than he and Kurt does. He's not too surprised about Blaine, seeing as they went to school together. "And I'll tell Blaine 'hi' the next time I see him"