All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 3:03 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate followed him and sat on a crate next him. The sky was filled with reds, oranges, different hues of blue and wispy clouds that looked like a painting. "That is what I call a perfect sunset. So pretty."

Kate dipped the cookie in milk and took a bite.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 4:44 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Dermot nibbled on his cookie and was quiet as he ate. He was thinking about life in general.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 6:04 pm 

Kate looked at him after she finished her cookie. She tossed him a shinny copper coin, "A vert for your thoughts."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:54 pm 

"A penny for my thoughts, huh? Just thinking about life and how it changes constantly. One never knows what will happen in the future. " Dermot spoke softly as he looked at the sunset.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:12 am 

Kate looked at the sunset then back to Dermot, "You are very worried. Life will be chosen for you. Dermot it is your life and you should be happy. Have the life YOU want. Marry who YOU want. Be happy than miserable."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:31 pm 

"I only hope that I can get out of the contract that my parents said that they set up for me. Maybe the princess won't even like me. But I must show up at that ball. And I don't even know how to dance....... would that get me disqualified from being a candidate for the princess' hand?" Dermot asked.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 6:38 pm 

"What if you call off the ball. Would you feel better?"

Kate faced him and held his hands.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:21 pm 

"The King and Queen are holding the ball for Princess Margaretta. Can you find out how many other eligible bachelors will be at the ball? I mean if the competition is stiff, then I might not have much of a chance anyways. I am thinking of giving my title away or have someone hold it in proxy. I don't need it nor do I want it. You know more about protocol than I do, Kate. If I am not holding a title, would a Princess even look my way?"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 9:33 pm 

"Most princess's have no choice in the matter when it come to marriage. You, are special to me and I would not want to see you unhappy or hurt. Most royalty I met are required to marry a prince or king."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2015 10:11 pm 

"Then being a duke is not a qualifying anything? I just need to present myself at the ball? Or can I write a note saying thanks but no thanks? I wish I had a proxy....." Dermot spoke wistfully.

Mystique went out to check on her students and over heard the conversation from a window in the dining room.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 pm 

"A proxy, that's a bit cowardly. You should go as a show of good faith to your uncle. Dermot, the diplomatic thing is you want to be on his good side. Just make it clear in person, you wishes. Courage among men is always respected. He could surprise you and be relieved not to worry that you are not his rival and you desire a quiet life. State you reasons that you told me. One you want to live where you want. Two to have your own future and you wish not for the responsibility of a duke. Lastly you wish to marry someone who loves you for you and not your title."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 2:25 pm 

Mystique smiled as she knew that most young men could do this but his father intimidated him for he was a very commanding person and his elder brothers would once more ridicule him. She came out of the dining room area and over to where the two were.

"I am sorry to say this but I have overheard what the two of you were speaking about. I understand it was a private conversation which is why I came out here." Mystique spoke calmly and with a smile.
"Full grown men have trembled in Marquess Thomas Galbreath's presence let alone not being able to confront him or even worse oppose him. However, I do agree that Dermot needs to stand up to him. He just needs the right equipment to stand up to the Marquess Thomas Galbreath. We will gather the equipment that he will need."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:00 pm 

Kate turned blush crimson, "I did not want to overstep Wizardess. Anyone is intimated by the king and queen and their parents. Dermot can not use magic they may not believe him. Practice is what he need and as we travel, let him speak for you please, Wizardess. Men negotiate better with other men. Kate looked at Dermot's hands. It time he learned to fight. Sometimes he may have to use his muscle too."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 3:16 pm 

"Yes anyone would be intimidated by them except me. I have defied them since I was a young school age child. Most of the time I was wrong and proven wrong. I then accepted my punishment willingly. But since I know my parents, I also know that unless Dermot has certain artifacts, he will not impress the Queen who actually dominates the King. It is she that must be overcome. It is time for Dermot to understand my country. And soon he will by experiencing my country as is my mother's homeland. It was a large country at one time.
Come inside where we may speak. Somethings are best to be told in a classroom situation. We shall eat downstairs tonight." Mystique turned and left them to follow her.

"Are we going to follow the Wizardess? Or are we going to defy her and pay the penalty?" Dermot asked quietly.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:40 pm 

"It is best we follow her and little geography would not kills us. I would rather not entice her wrath the first day. Then I know your teasing. Right?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:50 pm 

"I wouldn't disobey her again. I regretted my first time. Let's go and get this over with. " Dermot spoke with a soft smile.

Meanwhile Wizardess Mystique was in the classroom, waiting for the two.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 4:56 pm 

Kate waked in and took the seat on Dermot's left. She took out her gremoir and graphite pencil. "You mentioned your mother's homeland. Where was that?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2015 5:22 pm 

"Come to the table and I will show you. See where the purple circle is? That is all of my mother's people owned when she grew up. Over the years, they have grown and conquered others until now ..... my relatives own all of this from this green area clear to the yellow and pink areas. This is where we will be going to gather a quite a few things. We will be practicing proper protocol. The main thing to remember is that this is a matriarchal society.
Do either of you know what a matriarchal society is?" Mystique asked.

Dermot looked at the map in astonishment.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:49 pm 

Kate studied the map and looked up at Wizardess, "A matriarchal society is a society is dominated by women and the female lineage. That is a good bit of land."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2015 5:08 pm 

"Yes it is, Kate. It is all because of the magical strength of the women. The women use certain abilities to .... let's say encourage the target. I will give you each a set of ward pendants that will help repel the unheard spells that they place. It will have a command word which you will not know but it will break a spell if you do succumb to one of their spells. I have many female cousins who will want to use new male blood and more.

Some will anything to gain a male. But their problem is that they have over the last several decades weeded out the male chromosome. Now there are very few males and only those who are very rich and capable of holding their male close to them. Some are even on leashes and chains from what I have heard. There are no free males anymore.

Yet they are too stubborn and proud to admit their mistakes. These countries are dying because of the lack of males and abundance of stupidity.
There are some artifacts they do not deserve and I am to retrieve them in my mother's name. I have her signed petition and the signet ring. I also have my signet ring plus my Pendent Signature necklace which I wear. I hope that I can get this job done easily but I do not know the people and their ways. I will need to have the two of to listen and tell me of the news. Dermot, I hate to say this but you will be Kate's male in this case. Kate you must be very possessive of him. He will need to be chained to you in some form. I'll you two decide that. But both of you will be spies for me. The Teens tend show off their knowledge. You can relay to me bits of important information when I have time to receive it unless you think that it must be sent immediately. Any questions?" Lady Mystique spoke.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next