All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:19 pm 

Hello everyone. Please feel free to speak to me. I am so lonely.

Blog: View Blog (1)

Wizardess Mystique deForrest walked good many miles before she came to the large coastal city of Embargo. A large backpack, waiste belt with various tools in the loops and who knows what might be in the pouches. She stood outside of the city with her staff in her hand. She slowly raised her staff then slammed the staff into the ground three times to announce her arrival. Not that much happened in her opinion but the ground shook for a full five minutes.

Once the ground stopped moving, Wizardess deForrest entered the city and head straight to the docks to see her new sailing vessel. It was solid and sea worthy. Tomorrow she would purchase her supplies but tonight she needed to rest an have a proper bath. She next went to the Inn that was close to the docks.
She entered the Inn, paid for the night, bath and meal. She would go upstairs to wait for her hot water.

As she waited, Mystique thought out loud "Perhaps tomorrow I shall have an answer to my request. Someone who I can trust and perhaps even like."

The water came, she bathed, ate and went to sleep with dreams of a grand voyage.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:46 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)

The mage student was out for the summer. She was about to leave the Mage Guild Castle when she was stopped by the headmaster.

Grandmaster mage Allen had a commanding presence. His voice was deep and had a rich resonance. He wore black ornate mage robes with exquisite embroidered trimming. His brilliant blue eye sparkled in the afternoon light.

"Lady Katherine, you have been chosen for a special mission. You are to meet your mentor and teacher tomorrow morning at the Boars Head Inn. Arrangements have been made with you farther and you are expected at 8:00 sharp."

Kate wondered why her head cook and housekeeper was acting strange at breakfast. Kate stood with animated with excitement. She wanted give headmaster Allen a hug. She extended her hands together touching fingertips and curtsied. "Thank you Grandmaster. I will not dissapoint you."

Allen gave her a very rare smile that he reserved only for the red headed student. All that Katherine met were in the presence of the warmest, healing hearted person. The most battlehardend melted when around Katherine.

"You have been chosen due to your outstanding talent and grades. You do your mother proud with your accomplishment. You have a healing ability that few students achieve in their tenth year. You need a special mentor this summer to teach you skills you will need as a healer. You will not be impeded by princess Amanda. We know you have had to carry her because she going to be a queen someday."

Kate rolled her emerald green eyes, "I hope is not going to rule Atria. She is too bossy and demanding. I have turned her into a rat if her father, King Atrius was not my godfather. To thank he4 as family makes me ill."

Allen stifled a chuckle and cleared his throat, "Uham, young lady do not make change my mind. Just know you will not have to see any of your classmates until fall."

Kate looked sheepish then grinned, "Your a softy under that tough beard of yours. I know all I said will stay between us. Thank you. I will see you next fall."

The mastermage had a beard that cascaded to his chest and his chalky cheeks turned rosey. "Have a safe journey."

Next morning Katherine arrived at the inn 15 minutes early in heer father's carriage. She had Peel, her fathers driver bring in a large trunk and carpet bag into the inn. A bavarian woman greeted Katherine. She had blond braids rolled on top of her head and was dressed in a traditional barmaids outfit. She spoke with a distinct Germanic accent.

"Helloo Katie. Ya taking a trip?"

"Yes. Heidi I am. Have you seen a mage teacher?"

Kate looked around the inn. Several patrons were having breakfast. Kate wore her blue mage robe with the schools crest on the upper left front. She styled her waist long, red hair into a single strand braid down her back.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:03 am 

Mystique woke up quite late for she did a few things before bed. Things like making lists of what she needed to find and buy. Then she checked for the satchel of satchels. It may sound a bit weird but it was a basic void spell on the satchels that would be easily broken if a person only knew how.

Next she check the satchel of maps. Each canister was labeled and sealed then warded with a talisman so that if someone would happen to try to open one, the talisman would would explode and cover the person with iridescent powder that would itch. Of course that someone would hurry to erase the evidence and try to wash it off. Water would activate the luminescence so that the person would have an eerie green glow. Only a wizard of a high caliber could undo the spell. Of that Mystique knew because of past incidences. She had already removed five incidences and one was removed by a master mage.

Once Mystique woke up, she felt much better. She brushed her long silky black hair until it shone. Then she dressed in a brilliant green dress with pockets for she had a certain fondness for pockets, a wide silver belt with two pouches, and her green cloak with silver lining. A large pendant with a moving dragon was inside it was the last item she put on before leaving her room.

As she walked down the stairs , Mystique happened to over hear a female voice.
*She must be my assistant. I do hope that she has more than one type of magic. But if not I shall teach her more. She will need more magic than one in this world and particularly on this journey.* she thought to herself.

"Good day, miss. Perhaps I am the one that you seek?" she spoke calmly as she glided down the last few steps.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:50 pm 

The young mage student saw her tutor and her beauty caught her attention. Kate greeted the woman with a warm smile and a confident demi curtsy. She extended a sun kissed fair hand. As she touched the blue crystal glass pendent around her neck in the shape if an pentagram. This and her solid navy blue robe signified she was a mage-adept. Kate knew her assessment was not going to be like her classmate's. From the looks of the majestic woman, her mission was going to be special.

The student spoke in a soft-welcoming manor, "If you are looking for Lady Katherine, she is me. Please call me Kate or Katie. I save formalities for court."

Kate turned to the Bavarian lady. "Heidi, will you seat us at my regular table, please?"

"Yes of course, this way ladies."

Heidi led them to a square table for four, by the fireplace that was unlit, and placed in the center of the room. The dining room was lit with rod iron chandlers with candles and the floor to ceiling windows were covered with open blinds. The wooden square table had "House of Lyons" branded on the side.

The waitress waited for Kate and the lady to be seated and handed them menus.

"What would you ladies like to drink?"

Kate grinned at Heidi and looked at her teacher, "I recommend the hot cider."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:13 pm 

"Wizardess Mystique deForrest at your service as a Traveling Teacher." she spoke softly as she looked at the young well bred lady student.

Mystique simply picked up her skirt slightly and simply nodded at the young lady while she made a few notations in her mind.
*Extremely composed, fair even complexion, decent height an weight. Now will she be able to handle the roughness of the job? I can not nor will not be watching over her as if she was in school yet..... She seems to be well known here so she must be a local well to do person..... Yes, most certainly well to do considering she is seated at a named table. Tine for be to eat and take notes.*

"Perhaps at lunch. I am ready for a hearty breakfast. I arrived here last evening after walking for the past week. Now let's see..... a plate with plenty of bacon, 4 eggs over easy, a mess of fried potatoes for the main part of the meal. A bowl of cut up fruit to begin with.... along with a pot of coffee, sweet cream and sugar.

What would you have? I am paying for this meal."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:30 pm 

Kate like this ladies hearty appetite. Kate could tell this teacher was friendly and a wizardess. That meant she was a master of several magical arts. No doubt she was very smart, pretty, and highly talented. Learning from her would be exciting.

"Heidi, I will have pancakes, sausage, hash browns with cheese, and hot cider please."

"I have been a student at the mage school for 6 years and your the fist traveling teacher I have met. What would you like me to call you? Most mages and wizards go by what level they are and their first names."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:56 pm 

Mystique nodded and took out a pad of paper, ink and a quill.

"You may call me Wizardess or Wizardess Mystique for now. I do not need any of the higher titles that have been given me. They are tiresome in the long run.
While we wait for our food, I shall tell you what your duties are. First, you will be studying what ever I see fit to give you. One must have more than one field to survive in this world. Second, you are to keep your room clean and organized on your own. Thirdly, you must be prepared to defend yourself if necessary. I doubt that it will come to that but you had best be prepared for the worst case scenario.

Next will be to do as you are told when you are told for it may be life of death of one or both of us. I tend to use proper manners and ask you to do something but if I tell you to do something, it is completely different matter. I want to make this completely before we go. We will traveling across the ocean into new countries and some may not be inhabited or even not friendly to outsiders. I am trying to find some good men as guards and hopefully I will be successful." Mystique spoke firmly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:20 pm 

Kate listened to Wizard Mystique with full attention.
"I understand fully. I am trained in bladed sword. The rapier and wakizashi as well as dagger and throwing stars. I am planning on being a master healer. I have also learned fire balls and sparks for defense and survival. I can make small weather spells for fun. I am proficient in potions and spent my entire life learning herbology and making medicines. I am also an enchanter of armor,weapons, and trinkets. My father taught me swordsmanship since I could walk. I have never been tested since my brother refuses to spar with me. I know many of Papa's guards are battlemages. Do you want me to ask they join us. If so, how many do you want. They are honorable men, loyal, and know if they get out of line, Papa will kill them."

Heidi returned with mugs of coffee and hot apple cider. She placed on the items on the table: mugs. cream, sugar bowl, and silverware rolled in linen napkins.
"You breakfast is cooking. How do you like your eggs, milady?"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2015 5:04 pm 

Mystique jotted down a few things in a secret language and had personal shortcuts.

"You sound like you can take care of yourself for the most part- particularly with your ability for the various weapons. As far as magic goes, you may be a bit short on that ability but with shields that I can produce, we shall be safe enough. However, a few more manpower would be nice. Perhaps I could speak with your father on that subject?" Mystique spoke as the Heidi returned with the various items.

"Thank you Heidi. I would like the eggs over easy. Perhaps your father would like to know where you are going. After all it may be a dangerous trip and I can not guarantee absolute safe return although I expect the trip to be quite routine. We will be going through the Enchanted Isles and beyond."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:05 am 

Heidi jotted her order and left the table to wait on other patrons.

Kate took a sip of her cider and swallowed hard. She hated sea travel and did not want to spoil her enthusiasm to travel beyond the kingdom of Atria.

"I am actually ready to go. Papa knows this is part of my final and my Mage guild trip/journey. He will meet you before we leave. I brought my trunk and packed a few things. Would you please go through it?"

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 1:04 pm 

"Yes, I'll check out what you have after you have moved into your cabin. I'll be moving in today as well. The crew should have everything swabbed up by now. After we eat, we shall move our belongings.

Have you learned a secret language yet or developed one for your own coding?" Mystique asked as she turned a page in her notebook.

She wanted Kate to learn a new language in which to write her notes in. Of course Mystique had one that she would share with Kate and then she had two others that she kept for personal use.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:13 pm 

No miss. I am fluent in kit, fox language and common. Most of momma's scrolls are in the old common. Are we sailing in "The Catelynn"? Captain O'Malley is the captain of my fathers trade ship. You will have to forgive me Wizardress Mystique I have a little trouble boarding a ship and I tend to hide the first day. I take my pure fox form. I usually have to be carried on board. I am alright once at sea. I fear storms too. I wont trouble you.

Heidi bring thier plates and set then down. She sets down warmed syrup and sweet creamed butter.

"Is there anything else I can get for you?"

Kate looked at her steaming pancakes. "No thank you."

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 5:24 pm 

"No We will be taking my ship. This will be her first journey or her maiden journey. It is specialized ship and there will be areas that are off limits to crew and one area off limits to you as well. Thanks for asking. I do need a few extra men for crew members if your father is willing to spare a few. I will reimburse your father for any pay that they are used to have.

If you need any medical attention, please let Lorna Merriweather. She has many tonics for sea sickness, air sickness and ever so much more. We will not be doing much the first day since I will be a bit nervous about the weight of the ship. We will go over the map and a few other things when we get settled in. I shall teach you my own shorthand language so that you may read my instructions. I have a few specialized equipment for you to use.

Thank you Heidi but not at this time. This looks very good." Mystique spook calmly.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 7:21 pm 

"Wizardress this sound even more exciting. I am sure Papa can help you."

Kate waited for Heidi to leave and see when Mystique ate before taking a bite. When the ladies were half finished with their meal a man walked in. He was not massive, he carried his body that drew ones attention. He was dressed in brown pants with a thick smooth leather belt. His shirt was pure linen with a green brocade vest. His jacket was a solid green with goid eppelits, 7 large gold buttons were closed, over his jacket was a navy blue cloak with green embroidery trim. The collar of his cloak was lined in sable.

The man's eyes were amber and his hair was in a tight ponytail tied at the ends with a black silk ribbon.His face was lightly scared at the brows, cheeks, and chin. His hands were cover in black goatskin. His expression was relaxed upon seeing Kate and the beautiful woman with her.

His lordship walked with a slight limp that did not impeded his gait. He was greeted with "Hello mi'lord, your lordship, and a curtsy by Heidi.
"You daughter is with a guest. Sir. This way, if you please."

Heidi brought him to the table and he removed his cloak and hung it in a hook by the fireplace. He greeted Kate and stepped to the lovely lady. He bowed to her. His baritone voice was soft and warm, "You must be Katherine's mentor for the Summer. I am Lord Gillian Lyons. Welcome to the shire."

Kate stifled a giggle. It had been a very long time since heard her father speak his first name. Kate knew father was leery of wizards and mages, though he married one. It was fun to see her fathers pupils widen as he laid eyes on her teacher. The mage hoped her father would remarry and her teacher did not wear a wedding ring. Lyons removed his ring years ago and kept it hidden.

The only time see seen her father bow to anyone was King Atrius. Kate cut her stack of three pancakes with a fork and with her right hand ate with the tines away from her mouth. She did not take he eyes off her father.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:46 pm 

The food was excellent and she would speak to the chief at the end of the meal. She always enjoyed a good meal.

Mystique paused in her eating for she felt a certain presence of a male. He was a handsome male which she noted upon turning slightly towards the gentleman. He carried himself well and his aura was more silver than gold which in her mind was to the good. In fact Kate's aura was very similar to her father's.

"Good day, sir. Yes, I have accepted Kate as my assistant for the summer. My name is Wizardess Mystique deForrest. I am pleased to meet you. Please be seated so that we may speak to each other. Would you like a drink or a bite to eat?" Mystique asked as she gazed at the gentleman.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:55 pm 

Lyons removed black kid gloves and set them beside Kate. He no longer needed to hid his heavily scared hands. Years in battle and practice with live blade left their marks on his large, tanned hands. He life in outdoors have him a permanent tan on exposed skin. At age 40, Lyons had full head of long red-brown hair with grayed temples. His eyes sparkled in the sun's rays lighting the tavern. His usual tense expression was soft and his voice friendly.
Lyons extended his right hand to her. "Very nice to meet you Wizardress Mystique."

It was accepted costume to address a person with magical ability to use Mage or Wizard and first name. If he addressed a male it would have been rank and last name. Correct protocol was literally beaten into Lyons and rarely did Kate forget it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 3:29 pm 

"I am glad to meet you, Lord Lyons. Particularly since your daughter is not yet a full mage. I shall tell you both of my lovely boat. I have a seasoned Captian of 50 years. He is training his first and second mates to take his place one day. He will not be able to serve me but a few more years for he wishes to retire. He does have a few health problems from his vast travels.

Captain John Hopkins has worked with various carpenters to build my ship. There is none like it and I hope there will not be another. Which means that some areas are off limits to most people and a few that none but myself is allowed in....... Please excuse me for a moment." Mystique glanced towards a young man with longish red hair which was tied back with a green velvet ribbon. He paused across the room.

Mystique mind spoke with him for a few minutes before turning her attention back to Lord Lyons and Kate.

"I am sorry to take time out but that was my runner- Zak Trebleton. He is my all around man. He too is a young mage under my care. You will learn more of him as we travel. Minor problem at the ship. Shall we head to the ship? We can stow our belongings and then I'll give you a tour of the boat." Mystique spoke calmly.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:21 pm 

Lyons nods and pushed his chair back. "We can discuss this trip further Milady."

Lyons glanced at her well manicured hands and saw no ring on her left ring finger. He took a moment to admire her face as she spoke then gathered his gloves and cloak. Kate finished off her last bite and donned on her winter cloak and knitted royal blue hat.

Lyons helped Mystique with her winter garb. "May I escort you Wizardress Mystique to your ship?"

He strolled to the door and opened the door for the Kate and Mystique.

Once outside Lyons offered his arm. He usually carried a sword but this morning he wanted to appear more as a country gentleman than soldier. Besides he had soldiers posted about town. He always was silently shadowed by hand-picked bodyguards. Not that he needed one, Kate and guests were always protected.

"My carriage or yours Wizardress?"

Parked in front of the tavern was a black coach that was guided in gold. Green formal, four uniformed men were standing around the carriage laughing. They stopped laughing if on que seeing his lordship and took their positions. Two sat in the driver's seat; one beside the carriage door; and two took their place by the trunk in back.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 6:00 pm 

Mystique waved her hand and her belongings drifted down the stairs. She put her pad of paper and pen away in her waist pouch then laid a gold coin and several silver coins on the table. She stood up and was pleasantly surprised when Lord Lyons assisted her with her cloak. She smiled yet she did not blush like a 20 year old.

Her belongings followed her to the door and was surprised when Lord Lyons held open the door. She was certainly astonished when Lord Lyons asked which carriage she wished to ride in. It was then that Mystique blushes slightly.

"Thank you, Lord Lyons for all of your gentlemanly gestures. I appreciate them but I am quite unused to them. Since I do not have a carriage and normally walk, let us take your magnificent carriage." she spoke with a soft tone.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 12:57 pm 

Lyons led her to his carriage. A footman human of 20 opened the carriage door. The seats were covered in red velvet and the walls were in brown leather. The young man gave Mystique a smile. Once the were seated he took his position in back by the trunk.

Lyons took a seat next to Kate, for he entered last. Kate stood beside her father, "Please Wizardress go first."

Kate saw Mystique's cheeks flush. She only smiled. Her father was a bit of a lady's man. He had not remarried since Catelynn died. Secretly, she thought it time her father remarried.

When they were all seated, Lyons was all smiles and laid his back against the carriage wall. "I am glad your taking Kate on a journey. She has not traveled past Seville, the King's home. What does this mission entail? Do you need supplies and men?"

Last edited by LadyKate43 on Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 491 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 25  Next