All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Mage's Familiar
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 7:53 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

On a sunny afternoon, the mages at the Wildwood Academy of Mages, each graduate student had earned the achievement of full Mage status. This meant the student could go into the kingdom and use spells according to their chosen school of magic. Some mages were battlemages, others were various arcane mages, and a handful chose be healers.

They were given their diplomas and a crate. The animals in the crates were carefully selected familiars for each student according to his or hers talent and personality. Most of the animals were cats, birds of prey, and rodents. The familiars had special abilities that assisted their owners in the field. For example, birds of prey would allow the mage to see long distances through their eyes as the soared.

Among the healers was Lady Katherine also known as Kate and Katie to her friends. She had no inclination what kind of familiar she would receive. After greeting her family and friends, she chose a quiet place among the school's garden under a shade tree to open her crate.
Kate with a soft reassuring voice tried to coax her familiar out of his/her cage. She knew Mastermage Allen would choose a special being for her. Kate was always top of her class in both grades and magical abilities. She never flaunted these talents toward her classmates.

"Hello, my new friend. You can come out. No one is around but me. Please do not be frightened."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Mage's Familiar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 5:34 am 

Blog: View Blog (13)

Upon hearing the calm gentle voice, emerald reptilian eyes opened to stare curiously at Kate. After another second has gone by and Kate showed no signs of harm, the creature moved to poke it's nostril out of the shadows of the crate to take a small sniff of the women before huffing out a puff of steam. The rest of its head followed out of the crate blinking slightly from the light. Before she knew it, Kate was staring at a small dragon. The same size as a cat, the creature moved out of the box to perch on the rim of the it with an easy sense of grace, its scales a peach pearl like color that shimmered in the sunlight. "Afternoon," came the modest tone of a male voice. "My name is Felix. May I ask for your name?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
 Post subject: Re: The Mage's Familiar
PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:30 pm 

Medals: 4
1st Year (1) 2nd Year (1)
3rd Year (1) Veteran Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (1)

Kate was amazed when she saw smoke rising out of his crate. She watched him move with ease and dexterity to the top of his crate. The dragon was unlike a lizard's quick movement. The dragon was not at all afraid to exit the crate. He perched confidently and greeted her. His iridescent peach scales were illuminating in the partial shade. Kate wanted to touch him. She loved all creature with wings. She dreamed of flying on the back of a dragon. Kate almost burst in to joy. She feared scaring the creature. There were so many questions she wanted to ask him; but she did not want to think she was a lunatic or interrogator.

"Hello Felix. Nice to meet you. I have never been this close to a dragon. I thought only existed far west of here. Your very cute. Please, hide hide your eyes in my hands."