All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:26 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

A vector hovered over the unsuspecting rabbit while others approached from all sides. He slammed down a hand, pinning the rabbit down, and snapped its neck with another. Ryo crouched down beside its limp body, throwing it over to Scyler -whom Ryo caught staring at his back- as he observed the light tracks. With a raised brow, he wondered if Scyler could see his vectors, only a few could. All of a sudden, Ryo felt shy and exposed at the thought that his extra limbs were being watched and tucked them closer to his body. Focusing on the tracks and the rabbits scent, Ryo followed in hopes for more meat.

Dark remained motionless for a moment, slowing relaxing in Lilu's arms. Drawing in a deep breath, he reopen his eyes and glanced at the incubus while considering the proposition. Dark nodded and crawled from his lap, happy to be securely on the ground once again. "Sounds fair," Dark replied and inhaled deeply. Dark began his story; set in a kingdom renown for performance and entertainment, his home. As a young prince, Dark already began arduous studies and sang at concerts. This peaceful land became forcibly trapped in the war between demons and angels, his people were the next target of a demon genocide. The kingdom's defenses were weak and the army ill prepared. The young prince witnessed his parents die as they fought to protect their home; his nurse, the women he was closest with, died trying to hide him away in a safe place. Dark and a few children were spared, to serve as trophy nightingales for the victors.
"...on the way to the angels' home, I managed to scream my way out and I landed in this dimension. An angel followed me down and tried punishing me for running away. She figured I was going to die so I was just left there... The next thing I remember was waking up in a bed, a huntsman found me and took me in. He was nice, taught me basic English and how to use a bow, but I couldn't stay because the faction didn't accept me. No faction would. So I traveled, alone, for a long time, just hoping that someday I would return home... Then I met Ryo six years ago." Dark raised her eyes to meet Lilu's once concluding the story and smiled faintly. He reached out a hand and patted his company's knee. "I wear my childhood misery on my sleeve for the world to see, I can tell you're more reluctant... you don't have to tell me your story if you're not ready," he said gently, his smile turning more sincere.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:32 am 

Scyler stayed quiet, continuing to look around for more animals as he followed Ryo. He didn't think he would be any help unless he could get close to something. That would be the only way he could actually have a chance at catching and killing anything. He had his khukris ready when he thought about it and decided the stingers in his hands would probably work better overall. It was much easier to simply touch anything he got close to and paralyze it than it was to hit a lethal blow right there. "So, you do this often?" he asked.

Lilu looked at Dark with both sympathy and empathy ingrained deeply into his expression. He didn't really know what to say, but eventually just settled on a rather lame sounding "I'm so sorry..." He wore a sad smile as he continued speaking.
"I'm ready to tell you, plus I can't go back on my deal now anyway. Besides, I feel we'll understand each other much better than if you were simply to tell me about your hardship," he explained. His gaze shifted back to the ground. His wings stretched forward to cover his body like a safety blanket. He felt oddly exposed right now, which was a strange feeling to him, given that he was always quite literally more physically exposed than pretty much anybody he'd ever seen.
"My mother was a human woman," he began. "My father was an incubus. She died shortly after childbirth, leaving us behind. My father had never stuck around, he was one of those types," he said, nearly spitting out the word 'those'. "Our father found me left alone in the cottage when he came back finally, for all the wrong reasons, naturally. He didn't want me, so he dropped me off in The Second Circle, a place in our world inhabited primarily by various types of lust demons like myself. It wouldn't have been all bad, had he just taken me some like a relative's or even an orphanage. Instead I was sold right into the lucrative slave trade of The Second Circle," he said bitterly. His wings tightened around him as he continued. "You wouldn't think they would buy a baby in the slave trade, but people want other people for the strangest reasons. The first place I actually remember living at was actually the best one. They treated me well there, gave me the relatively easy tasks, and I never went hungry. Later I was sold again to another owner. He was much less of a good person. He would beat or lash me for any mistake he deemed bad enough, which were most of them," he said. A hand came up to his face, his thumb tracing invisible lines on his face, locations of scars he'd long since gotten rid of to be rid of the reminders.
"I moved 'homes' seven more times after him. Their treatments were all somehow even worse than the second. I prefer not to talk about any of them, but I'll tell you that looking my skin only became this free of blemishes as soon as I learned enough healing magic to get rid of scars. There were a lot of them to get rid of," he stated. His words suggested there were simply a large number of them, but he spoke the words as if his skin being nothing but a mess of scar tissue was closer to the truth; and in truth, it was.
"By my third owner, I had discovered my aptitude for magic. By my last, I had become quite talented at it. I was planning an escape from my world by dimensional magic, but was waiting to get enough Vis gathered in a single place to open the portal. I knew of a place that had what I needed, but I couldn't escape my owners without being followed immediately and left with no time to create the portal. I was almost done with the preparation in the part of the servants' quarters I had claimed for myself when one day they simply pushed me too far. I'd been abused my entire life and I thought I was going to be okay until I could escape but I just cracked," he said, his voice breaking a little bit. "They gave me more lashings, yelling awful things at me the entire time. It was the third time that day it had happened, and I just broke. By the time I came back to my senses, the mansion was in flames, crumbling to the ground, and everybody that had been in there was dead. I flew away as fast as I could to the place I knew had a portal. I was desperate to get away from it all, from everything. I managed to open the portal before anybody found me, and went to the first world I found, this one. It was here that I met Scyler, Pieras, Kana, Blake, Gula, and everybody else. They found me wandering in the forest around their home, and took me in. Thankfully Gula at least spoke my language enough that he could teach me english. Scyler and I became involved, and eventually we took off to stake a live for ourselves. Things for us didn't work out as lovers, but we ended up as partners, which really in a way is better, I think," he concluded. He blushed as he realized how long he'd been talking. He didn't know how much he needed to get this out. The only other person he'd ever told this to was Scyler.
He looked up at Dark, searching her expression for any clue of what she was thinking. He unwrapped his wings from his body and stared down at his lap, waiting to hear whatever she would say or ask.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 4:35 pm 

"Since I was a kid," Ryo replied, narrowing his brows as he concentrated. "What about you? Hunt often?"
The tracks eventually led to a rabbit hole, that was hidden beneath the overgrowth of grass from the ledge above. The demon smiled smugly at how perfect the set up was, searching for any possible exit their prey might escape through. Unable to find any, he proceeded with his plan.
"Watch out for any stragglers," Ryo ordered, keeping his eyes on the hole in front of him. A couple of vectors, as many that could squeeze into the rabbit hole without restricting movement, crept in and grabbed the young rabbit inhabitants, snapping their necks immediately. Three little corpses were pulled from the overgrowth; proudly, Ryo grabbed his prizes by the feet and raised them up. "This might do us, don't you think?"

Astonishingly, for the first time, Dark had nothing to say. He wanted to find the right words that might comfort Lilu, even though his past had already left its scars, Dark could at least relate to that.
"Thank you for your trust," she said softly, caressing Lilu's cheek with calloused fingers and trying to smile. "I'm sorry that your owners were so cruel to you, I should count myself lucky that I never became my captor's trophy." The faces of the other children flashed in Dark's mind but she pushed them away, a part of her felt guilty for abandoning them -Dark felt responsible for them as their last living monarch- but she was a child and couldn't save them even if she had tried.
Dark's fingers traced along the jawline towards the back of Lilu's neck and pulled herself towards him. Wrapping her arms around the incubus; Dark hugged him tightly and sighed. More than anyone, Dark needed the hug, she buried her pain the same way she buried her face into his shoulder, not too deep but below the surface enough to get on with the day. The hug was long and silent. Eventually Dark withdrew, smiling gently as their eyes met, her hands slipping into Lilu's.
"And... I'm sorry for the way I've been acting," she said, biting her lip with guilt. "I've always been kind of 'shy'."

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 1:55 am 

"I don't usually hunt too much. Lilu and I move around a lot from town to town, so we rarely go without provisions. It helps too that Lilu doesn't actually have to eat anything. Just a little, uh, energy is all he needs to keep going, though that doesn't stop him from gorging himself on sweets when he gets the chance. With the way he wolfs them down, you'd thing he were a gluttony demon instead of an incubus," he said, laughing a little bit to himself. "But yeah, those will work great. It's neat how you can do something like that so easily," he commented. "We should probably get headed back to camp, see if those two have made up yet and come back."

Lilu was surprised by the hug, but quickly settled into it. His wings fluttered to a rest behind him as he wrapped his arms tightly around Dark. He leaned his head against hers, being careful not to poke him with his horns. The show of affection was something he hadn't realized he'd been needing himself as well. He smiled at her warmly, his golden eyes meeting Dark's with something akin to brotherly love, already starting to form. He gently squeezed Dark's hands in his. "It's okay you know. A lot of people are shy, it's not a bad thing. I mean sometimes it kind of can be, but not usually. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that it's alright. I think we'll make great friends. Want to head back to camp? I'm sure by now they've gotten back. We can make up something for you three to eat. You'll need your strength to travel to that new world you know," he said with a wink as he stood up, pulling Dark up with him.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:36 pm 

"That's fair. I generally find the wilderness safer than the towns," he admitted, admiring the forest. Softly chuckling along with Scyler as he joked about Lilu, Ryo was glad for the company. Frequently he would hunt alone, leaving Dark to forage for edible plants as she typically was too loud to sneak up on anything. Flinging the rabbits over his shoulder, his mind focused solely on food, the day had been strenuous to say the least and he found himself unable to go on. Following the trail of marked trees, the pair made their way to their 'camp'; which was very little established other than a couple of rucksacks tossed on the ground. "Could you start a fire while I skin these?" he asked, lifting the meat from his shoulders. His retractable claws protruded as he began slicing flesh and removing fur.

Dark beamed at the mention of the new world, he could not believe that this was happening so soon, after dreaming over it for so long. He kept his hand in Lilu's, gripping firmly, as they made their way to camp. "What about you? Do you... need some privacy so that you can eat?" He cocked his head to the side with a raise brow; Dark had not come across an incubus before, much less become friends with one, and resisted losing himself in the image of an incubus' eating habits. She blushed, with eyes locked on the floor, Dark marched on at a faster rate. Approaching camp, Dark caught sight of the rabbit skins and grinned; it had been a while since they had been successful with their hunt -the season had been hard on them.
Finally releasing Lilu's hand, Dark set to assist Ryo; scouting the immediate area for vegetables and herbs.

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 7:50 pm 

Scyler smiled as he too took in the forest around them. Birds were chirping quietly, and the branches of the trees swayed slightly with the breeze. With his kukhris having been previously put away, he drew one again and began twirling it in his fingers on the way back. Once they reached camp, he cleared a small area of all debris, leaving just a circle of cleared dirt. He grinned sheepishly after clearing the spot. "I don't actually know how to start a fire in the wild. Lilu always just uses a fire rune to start one up," he admitted, scratching at the back of his neck. He looked relieved as he heard a crackling from the woods followed by Dark. He looked alarmed for a moment until Lilu quickly followed him, glad to see his partner smiling. He opened his arms in invitation for a hug, which Lilu quickly provided, giving him a reassuring smile that he was okay.

Lilu blushed darkly at Dark's unexpected question, looking anywhere but at the other person. "Uh, I'll, be, uh, good for a while. I don't have to feed often, just once every week or two. Though maybe I should, it would help build my strength back up. I'll need it for opening a portal of that caliber," he murmered, not entirely sure he could actually pull it off in his current state. "We still need to get or find enough vis in a single place to open the portal, or at the minimum, find somewhere where The Veil between here and The Aura is thin. It takes a lot to tear that open, and even more to safely get one person through, let alone 4. I might have to stay behind and come a day or two after you guys, I'm not sure I can get all of us through at the same time. A hole torn though the fabric of space is a fickle thing," he explained with a nervous laugh. "I'll get to work on it after we eat though," he assured Dark.
After they emerged from the woods into their camp and gave Scyler a hug as a way of saying he was okay, he traced a rune into the space Scyler had cleared out. With a trigger word, the rune roared to life, a sizable campfire flaring up. He looked over at Ryo and Scyler, a little embarrassment showing on his features. "Sorry about earlier, I had a bit of an... episode..." he explained, primarily to Ryo. Scyler had already known what had happened, as it wasn't the first time.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 4:50 pm 

Needless to say, Dark did not understand the protocol of opening portals. She had always assumed one could be made out of thin air as long as the maker was skilled enough. Nodding along, as Lilu contemplated aloud, she did not like the idea of leaving Lilu behind. What if we only have the one chance? What if we get attacked? What if we all end up in separate worlds? Her mind buzzed with questions that he was too afraid to ask. Dark joined with Lilu's nervous laugh and bit his lower lip.
Deciding to stay close to camp, Dark lightly foraged in the immediate area for usable plants. Worries still plagued her mind to the extent that her hands began to tremble. Trying not to draw attention to herself, she knelt down to the ground - giving the impression that she was inspecting the plants closely - steadied her breath and clasped her hands together. I want to scream. I haven't screamed in so long. I just need to get it out. The urge gurgled in his throat but he managed to hold it in. Screaming would attract unwanted guests and no one had the energy for another battle that day. Drawing in a deep breath, she rose, clutching dandelion leaves as some feeble addition to the rabbits.
She placed the limp weeds beside Ryo - who decided to throw them away while Dark wasn't looking - and went to sit beside the fire. Dark tucked his limps close and rested his chin on his knees.

"Thanks for the fire," Ryo admired as he joined the rest of the party. He politely held his tongue when Scyler admitted that he did not know how to start an open fire. Survival in the wilderness had become his life, and could not comprehend living without such basic skills. However he knew better than to argue and was glad for Lilu's arrival.
With the rabbits skinned and butchered, he set them to cook on a stone that had already warmed by the fire. "Don't worry about it," he said, wiping the animal blood from his hands onto the legs of his trousers. "We all get days like that." Ryo smiled sweetly at the incubus and lowered his gaze to Dark; he was glad that both were able to sort through their issues without violence. He rested an 'arm' on Dark's shoulder and squeeze her upper arm. He could feel that there was something about her that was off but her silence illustrated that she wasn't ready to talk.
"So..." He rubbed his stained hands together. "How shall we plan our next move?" He had been asleep during Lilu's meditation findings and had not had the chance to speak to him until now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 2:15 am 

Scyler took a seat near the fire, his mouth watering a bit at the scent of cooking rabbit that wafted through the air. He was curious as to the specifics of Lilu's plan as well. He'd taken portals with Lilu before, but never to a different plane. The procedure surely had to be different, and much more complicated, knowing even only a little about magic. He looked expectantly at Lilu for a moment, who closed his eyes for a second and collected his thoughts into something more coherent than the abstract tangle of magical knowledge contained in his mind.
"Well..." Lilu began, "my magic works in a bit different way than most people think, as I'm not really a Classical Mage per se, but a Divine Linguist. It's a different type of magic. Classical Magic works by taking the user's mana and shaping it into what they call for. It's totally self contained and easier to use, but more limited to specific spells and they can't use nearly as much magic, since the mana they call on is consumed in the process, and they have to wait for it to regenerate. My magic uses a similar energy to mana, called Vis, but it's not consumed, just shaped. Vis isn't self contained, it's already in the world, in fact we're completely surrounded by the currents of it. There's ninety-seven different types that Divine Linguists know of, but another is occasionally discovered leading to a menagerie of new possible spells. Anyway, to use my magic, I speak the Divina Lingua, a kind of magical language that controls the Vis around and within people. That vis is shaped by the spell I speak, put to its purpose, then is released back into the aura, a sort of invisible magical layer to the world that Soporati, or non-divine linguists, can't really perceive. Basically it just gets recycled into and out of spells forever. We need to find a place that has enough of the right types of Vis to open a portal between dimensions, which I can search for. But we have to get there first, and we need a place with plenty of Itero, Alienis, Praecantatio, Tenebrae, and Permutatio Vis, which will be kind of tricky. I contain enough Paecantatio, Itero, and Tenebrae vis within myself that we shouldn't need much of that, but we need to be in a place with a lot of the others. After we find a place, we need the crystal as a conduit, a rather complicated magic circle, and a flawless incantation to open the portal and keep it stable long enough for us to go through. It's very tricky, and might take a few tries, but when I get the spell right, we're out of here," he finished. He realized once again he'd been blathering on for much longer than needed, and about much more than needed, but he figured they might as well know the full and detailed explanation. After all, they were trusting him to not get them lost in a different world or ripped apart into raw Vis if the spell failed while they were traveling.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:02 pm 

Ryo became overwhelmed as soon as the explanation of Vis was brought in. He listened carefully and eagerly but couldn't not get a handle on what exactly Lilu was saying. In the end there were far too many words that he had never heard before. He tried to mouth some of the words after Lilu had said it but it did not roll on his tongue as well.
After Lilu had finished his explanation; the couple sat in silence. Ryo ran the lecture over in his head, trying desperately to comprehend it, while he poked at the cooking meat and turned it so to keep it from burning. The meat cooked for longer than necessary due to Ryo lost in thought. Fortunately his uneasy prodding and stirring of the meat kept it from getting burnt. Without thinking, he divided the meat into four portions and handed them out. Holding his own portion in his hands, the juices from the meat oozed through the gaps between his fingers. He guzzled the protein and licked his hand clean.
Finally he spoke: "So... where exactly would be the best place to get this," he paused for a second, trying to recall the appropriate terms "...ali-a-nis and permut-ch-io vis?"
Dark could not help but snicker at his husbands pronunciations. She shifted herself to rejoin the conversation, having spent most of the time aloofly staring into the fire. She had half listened to Lilu's speech and partly focuses on the crackle of the fire.
"Could these things be found in old spiritual sites," Ryo continued, trying his best to contribute. "Pagan places with natural formed springs and such?"
"There's plenty of those around here," Dark added, taking her first bite of her dinner and looking to Lilu. "And if we pick the right spot, they will be practically deserted."
Like school children they looked up to Lilu for answers.