*Honest
*Generous
*Fun loving
*Work-a-holic
*Friendly
*Loving
*Adventurous
*Gracious

The Sun was shinning high in the sky that day, the water was sparking looking like a million diamonds. People were enjoying the nice warm weather. One girl was away from the others, She was on a large rock that was close to the shore but surrounded by water. The girl was dressed in grey shorts that fell down to her knees with a blue short sleeve shirts. Her golden blonde hair was neatly pulled out of her face in a high ponytail with a ribbon around it. She had a few wisps of hair around her face. Her ice baby blue eye where looking at the star fish that was stuck to the rock as she wrote down certain things and finished her sketch. Once she was done with the notes and her sketch, she carefully picked up the starfish and tossed it back into the ocean before moving to sit on her legs and let out a sigh looking around that the beautiful sparkling water.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search
...and would you tear my castle down, stone by stone
and let the wind run through the windows till there is nothing left but a battered rose

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:52 pm 

Medals: 1
Adaptive (1)
Blog: View Blog (0)

Name: Kai Storm Aigean
Appearance: Merman form http://img-cache.cdn.gaiaonline.com/17f ... helian.jpg has a purple mixed with blue tail.
Human form: http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2013/ ... 6hpjdy.jpg. He has a tattoo of a purple starfish on his right shoulder.
Personality : Loyal, Stubborn, Intelligent, Clever, Has a sweet side.

Kai swam towards the surface. He was supposed to be attending to the matters of the kingdom with his father but he really didn't feel like it. 'Dad is going to be furious with me when he finds out that Ren is taking my place today. I just can't sit around and not do anything today besides the surface world is way more fun than the castle.' Kai thought as he broke through the surface of the water and looked out at his surroundings. He was far enough away that no one could see him come through the water. 'I can't see anything from here. Hey there's a rock right over there. If I get on the rock without anyone seeing me then once I'm on the rock I will be in my human form. I just need to remember to make clothes appear this time.' He decided as he swam over to a rock that was close to the shore. He approached the rock and then froze. 'There's a human on the rock. I think she can see me.'

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:52 pm 

Lyra turned the page to her book and gazed out at the sparkling body of water, she smiled and began to daydream. The sound of light splashing snapped her back into reality. She blinked feeling she was no longer alone. She turned and smiled seeing a male. "Oh hello." he said in a sweet voice. "I'll move my stuff if you wish to join me on the rock." She told him pulling her sketch pad and bag over a little. She looked over once more at the male......something was different about him but she couldn't put her finger on what that was. "I'm Lyra." She told him before turning her full attention to the water once more.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search
and let the wind run through the windows till there is nothing left but a battered rose

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2015 12:08 am 

Adaptive (1)

'Does she really think there is nothing weird with me? Well better see how far this lasts.' Kai thought and pulled himself onto the rock. As he pulled himself up he conjured up a pair of swim trunks that were purple mixed with bright blue. "My name is Kai. So what brought you out to the beach today?" He asked hoping that she wouldn't realize that he was different from other humans.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:16 am 

Hearing his name she smiled, "Pleasure to meet you Kai." She told him still trying to place why he seemed so off to her, it was just very interesting but she didn't want to seem rude. Then she heard the question and pulled her knees up to her chest and hugged them, "Oh just the sea and sea life....it is all so interesting. I want to learn all I can about it." She told him showing him her sketchpad that had the sketch of the starfish and everything she knew about the starfish. "I'm a marine biologist and so I spend most of my free time here at the beach trying to learn all I can." She told him smiling brightly. "What about you? Did you just come out to swim a little? The weather is perfect for that." She said looking up at the crystal blue sky as the sun was still high in the sky and shinning bright.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search

PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2015 7:49 pm 

Adaptive (1)

'She likes the ocean. I wonder if she would like it if she had to live there 24/7 without a break. Kai stop it, you are out of the palace right now so enjoy it.' He thought as he tried to come up with something to tell her, since he couldn't tell her the truth. "Yeah I came to swim but mostly so I could leave my house. It gets really boring there so I like to come to the surfa- beach as often as I can." He casually said though his face turned red at the unintentional slip up.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:45 pm 

Lyra glanced at Kai when he nearly made the slip up but didn't say anything but she did smile and giggle lightly. "Did you ever think of what it would be like to see the depth of the ocean?" She asked looking at him, her eyes sparkled like sapphires. Her heart was in her work and it showed that she really did care about what she did. She brushed her hair behind her ear and sighed gently pulling her sketchpad and began to sketch a few fish that were swimming around the rock she was sitting on. "Do you live near here?" She asked Kai as she continued sketching.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:38 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Kai looked out at the ocean as she spoke about wanting to see it's depths. "The deeper you go the more vast that it seems. You can find even more beauty in the depths of the ocean than you can find on the surface." He replied thinking about all of the beauty that he had seen while trying to go as deep as he could. He looked back at her when she asked him where he lived. His back stiffened as he tried to come up with something plausible but not have to give away the fact that he lived in a castle under the water. He cleared his throat. "I live close by but not too close. I wouldn't want to be found easy when I leave to get some alone time. What about you?" He asked trying to get the focus off of him and on to her. He wanted to know more about her.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:18 pm 

Pulling her legs up and hugged them resting her chin on her knee caps she would smile before looking back at him, "I live about ten minutes from here. I'm here everyday usually all day on my days off and I'm here after work until the sun starts to go down." She told her, "The ocean......just there are so many things we don't know....It would be amazing to know more." She told him before letting out a light sigh and brushed her hair out of her face and giggled. Her phone began to ring signifying that it was time for her to leave. She pressed a button making the ringing stop and looked at Kai, "Well it's time for me to head home." She told him, "It was really nice talking to you Kai and I hope to see you again." She told him gathering all her stuff and took her leave.

Later that night she was curled up in her bed sipping a cup of green tea thinking about the day before and couldn't help about Kai, he was so.....interesting. There was a side that he was hiding, like the dark side of the moon. She took another sip of her tea before turning off her lamp and closed her eyes to get some sleep.

The next day was Lyra's day off so at 8 a.m. Lyra was out on the same boulder. Today she was dressed in a purple and black shirt and black shorts that fell just above her knees. Her hair was tied in a ponytail and she wore sunglasses. She let out a light breath pulling out her sketchbook and looked down at the water. She saw a little frog and since it seemed to be the only living thing around at the moment she began to draw it with a smile on her face.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 11:00 pm 

Adaptive (1)

"Goodbye." Kai said to her retreating back. He waited until she was out of his sight before he went back into the water. Once he touched the water he reverted back into his true form. He looked at the sinking sun. "**** I have to get back. Dad is going to kill me and Ren for this." He said shocked at how late he had stayed on the surface. He swam at full speed until he was past the secret gate that he had used to sneak out of the palace. He went straight to his room. Once he had closed his door, he let out a deep breath and collapsed against the door.
"There you are. I thought you ran away you were gone for so long." An irritated Ren said to his twin brother. Kai opened his eyes to see Ren looming over him. Ren had been born shortly after Kai, thus making Kai the heir to the throne. Kai envied the freedom that his brother had that he didn't but at least Ren would switch places with him on occasion. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to be gone for so long but I met a girl on the surface. She didn't find out that I wasn't human." He explained to his brother. Ren looked at his brother in shock that he had met a human and at the look of awe on Kai's face. "As long as she doesn't find out, then I am happy for you. I can tell by the look on your face that you aren't going to stop trying to see her. Before you ask, Dad didn't realize the switch this time. He said that you can have the day off tomorrow so there won't be a reason for you to sneak out this time." Ren said to Kai and then went to his bed and laid down.
Kai went to his own bed and laid down on it. "Thank you for switching with me again." He told Ren before drifting off to sleep.

The next morning Kai swam back to the surface and waited until he saw the girl to show up again. Once he saw her get on the boulder, he dove under the water and approached the boulder from behind her. He got up on the boulder and made sure to create the same pair of swim trunks that he had made the day before. "Good morning, Lyra. how are you?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:07 am 

The female would jump from the sudden noise behind her and dropped her pencil. She looked down hearing a plop and sighed. She looked up and behind her to see Kai. "Oh hello again!" She smiled fishing out another pencil in her bag. "I'm great. How about you." She said with a look at her sketch pad. "Look at this I drew. It's a frog." She said happily proud of all the detail that was in this picture. "I'm hoping to get farther out of sea this time. At least today. Want to come?" She asked hopefully. "We swim or we can take a boat. Oh! Or we can do both!" She said getting very excited. She even bounced at the thought of going further into sea. "You're not scared of water are you?" She teased and giggled again after that and smiled.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:13 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Kai tried to pay attention to the drawing in her hand but his mind was racing at the thought of going farther out to sea with her. If they swam farther out than he would turn back into his true form and that would be bad. If they took a boat however then he wouldn't turn back unless he got hit by a significant amount of water. He looked at her and thought about his options, with his mind made up he answered her. "We could take a boat and then swim, like you suggested. I'm not afraid of water, most of my family call me a fish in the water." He said trying to make light of the fact that he had just agreed to go swimming with her.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:49 am 

A squeal of excitement escaped the human's lips as she put everthing back into her bag and looked a him so excited, "I was hoping you would say that!" She said happily giggling as she threw her back over her shoulder and grabbed his hand, "Let's go!" She said with another giggle rushing off the Boulder and over to a small boat. She pulled off her sundress revealing a black and white polka dotted bikini on her thin and curves figure. She tied her hir up and put a few pencils in her hir to avoid loosing them and climbed in the small boat. "Come on. We will boat farther into the water then swim." It was clear Lyra was very excited for this adventure.

A Whole New World
Interested In
Fantasy
Romance
Horror
General Partner Search

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:08 pm 

Adaptive (1)

Kai followed Lyra onto the boat, trying not to show the dread of her discovering his true self. 'It was stupid of me to agree to her request. I know better but one would think that since I have the ability to conjure clothes out of water and have a human form on land, that someone would have figured out how to keep from reverting back when you touch the water. I guess that's just wishful thinking though, oh well Rin will just kill me for this later then.' He thought and waited for Lyra to take the boat out farther into the water.