All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:38 am 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Alright." She said, and jumped up, flying up to the window and going inside. Once in there, she changed into the clothes he had given her quickly. Lily then climbed carefully back down to where he was, unable to fly as the shirt covered her wings. "What do I do with my old clothes?" She asked.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:27 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

"I'll stash them in the bag, and we can decide later," Cailean said pushing off the site of the wall where he'd been leaning just listening to the wilderness and smelling it. He smiled at her. "So you ready to meet the family?" he asked as he handed her the bag to store her clothing, he'd get it back from her after she was done.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:04 pm 

She nodded as she put her clothes in the bag and handed it back to him, then made sure she looked at least somewhat presentable in the clothes he had given her as she began moving towards the house. She wanted this family to like her, so she wouldn't have to stay outside again.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 3:24 pm 

Cailean led the way around the house to the front. He didn't wait to knock but opened the door. It wasn't locked. It never was, his mother didn't believe in locking the door. She believed that if someone needed a place to stay they should find refuge in any home. So long as nobody stole from it that is. Cailean didn't agree, but he didn't argue with his mother over it it was her home after all.

The sharp crime of an infant permitted the space along with loud shouting and arguing voices. It was always this way. As usual Maire and Grainne were arguing over something while Siobhan was playing video games in the living room on the TV at full volume. Little Bridged was screaming and crying putting up a fuss not to eat her cereal. Loghan was eating his toast while drinking coffee and reading the newspaper at the table. The side of his body visible from the doorway as Cailean entered. Abigail was no doubt trying to coax Bridged to eat.

"Dad, we have a guest," Cailean called out as he stopped at the entrance looking over at Lily. His mother appeared in the doorway. A plump woman of average height and unruly brown hair that cascaded down her back dressed in a lovely floral dress that covered her body. She looked like a loving housewife.

"Well come in dear, no need to stand outside in the dreadful rain!" Abigail called from the doorway. "You two hungry?" she added indicating the kitchen from which the smell of eggs, bacon and toast filled the air. "I was just about to get the other's in here for breakfast, but I see your already up Cay, why don't you and your friend come in and have a seat. Your booth looking a little wet. Why EVER were you outside?" A moment later she waved her hand in the air, "Oh posh never mind, just come on in and sit down now. I'll have Maire find you something decent to wear after breakfast."

She ducked into the living room and subsequent den and shouted "BREAKFAST!"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 6:57 pm 

Lily followed him inside, looking around his home curiously. Sure, it was loud and chaotic, but she liked that a lot better than the lab already. She nodded to his mother and thanked her quietly, still a bit shy, and mostly just followed him around to learn how to act normal around his family. She sat down only when he did, still looking around the place.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:36 pm 

Cailean smiled at her reassuringly to show that she was doing just fine as he led her into the kitchen. His father looked up nodded and returned to reading the newspaper ignoring Lily all together. Cailean stopped to coo at Bridget before pulling a seat out at the table. He leaned back and smiled over at Lily.

Maire and Grainne argued all the way into the kitchen about a dress Grainne had borrowed from Maire that got destroyed at a party Grainne was still grounded for attending. Maire was ten years old while Grainne was fifteen. Grainne was short like their mother and tiny like their father. While Maire was taller and a little broader then her sister. The two were of equal height even for their ages. Jake was loudly arguing with his mother who'd killed the television in order for their breakfast to be served. When Abigail entered the kitchen looking a little more hazard then before she had left, but smiling and beaming at them all.

"Everyone Cailean has brought a guest so lets be silent for a moment so he can introduce her, Loghan hun put that paper away," she chastised her husband like she did her children. Loghan frowned up at his wife as she bustled around the kitchen making plates. Maire and Grainne fell silent as did Jake a few moments later. It was clear that Abigail ran the household.

"Everyone this is Lily, Lily this is Abigail my mom, Loghan my dad, Maire, Grainne and Bridged my sisters and Jake my brother," Cailean fell silent waiting for anyone else to speak before he would go on to ask for her to stay for a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 2:56 am 

"Hello.. Everyone." Lily said, still feeling shy and unsure around so many new people. She watched everyone curiously as she waited for food, having just realized how hungry she was; she hadn't eaten since a few hours before she left the lab, and even then it hadn't been much considering the poor quality of the lab's food.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 12:46 pm 

"Well I didn't know what you liked so I put a bit of everything. Anything you don't like you don't need to eat it," Abigail said as she set a plate with scrambled eggs, bacon, tomatoes slices, hash browns and a side plate of toasts on the table. As Abigail laid down the rest of the plates it was quite obvious that this was the standard breakfast at the household. Cailean smiled encouraging at her as he thanked his mother for his plate.

Abigail finished serving the table putting a pitcher of juice at it's centre before she sat down with her plate. The others were already eating when Loghan asked, "So Lily how long have you been alone?"

PostPosted: Mon Jun 22, 2015 1:29 pm 

"That's okay.. Thank you." She said to his mother and began eating. She ate everything, not very picky after having only very bland food back at the lab. "Only about a day, I left home sometime yesterday." She answered, figuring it was safe enough to tell them that.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:30 pm 

Abigail smiled at Lily, "I like her Cailean," she said to her son. Cailean blushed slightly as he leaned back in his chair after having finished eating his own plate full of food and before he rose to get seconds, "She's got no where to go mom, you think she can stay here?" he said before he rose and headed to the kitchen to grab more food.

His siblings were already back to their noise making and ignoring them which suited Cailean just fine. Loghan had picked up the newspaper and was reading once more. Abigail watched her son leave, "Well why on earth did you leave home sweety?" Abigail asked turning her gaze back to Lily. It didn't make sense to her in the least. Abigail wasn't a very suspicious person but she wanted to understand.

Cailean returned with his plate full of food. "Yah I found her outside in the forest this morning and she was soaking wet, she didn't have anywhere else to go. You always told me that you'd rather they come here then do something stupid. So I offered her the house as her home for now? You don't mind do you?"

"Cailean you know I don't, but we can't just have an underage runaway here. Think of her parents!" Abigail said testily to her son.

"I don't think she has any mom," Cailean said softly. Almost shyly as if he really wasn't certain about this fact.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:22 pm 

"I really don't.. I never knew my parents, and I ran away from where I was living before because they didn't treat me right; they made me stay in my room all the time, and they punished me if I tried to get out or did anything wrong, and they didn't feed me much, either." Lily told his mother, hoping that answer would get her to let her stay without calling any authorities.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 7:37 pm 

Cailean turned abruptly forgetting his food. He gaped shocked. Silence fell on the entire room as every eye turned to her. In a household that had known only love and care for those inside this was an alien concept. Tears sprang to Abigail's eyes and she gently reached out and took Lily's hand "Oh honey, of course you can stay with us, no one will ever take you to that awful place again."

Loghan nodded in approval, "Ain't right to treat a kid like that, no you go and follow the house rules and you'll be as free as Cailean is. Just don't you be getting into no trouble you hear," This was quite typical of Loghan who was always the strict one, but his tone was light and gentle making it know that he wasn't saying this to punish or scare her, but to show her how a true protective father would act.

Cailean smiled, "You'll find a family here Lily, don't worry, no one will lock you in your room or something stupid like that, that's so ridiculous. Gah." he growled low in his throat which made Abigail glare at him.

"CAILEAN!" Abigail said in repayment.

"Sorry mom," He said sighing, "But come on can you believe anyone would do that?"

"That's no reason to make noises like that young man, you know better," Abigail turned back to Lily, "I'll have Marie get you a dress to wear and then we will go shopping. I take it you don't have nothing but the clothing that Cailean leant you?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:50 pm 

Lily smiled a bit at that, making no move to pull away when Abigail took her hand. "Thank you," she said, "I'll be very good and I won't get into any trouble. What are the rules for living here?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:05 pm 

Cailean smiled, "We don't have any rules outside of behave like an adult and you'll be treated like one or behave like a kid and expect to be treated like a kid."

Abigail rose and looked around, "Finish up, Jake your doing dishes and tidy up. Marie get something for Lily to wear today please, Cailean show her to the guest room it'll be her room from now on. We'll get some decorations for you at the mall," Abigail said before moving away from the table.

Cailean smiled, "So you ready to see your room?" He asked rising to his feet. Marie headed upstairs while Loghan went back to his paper.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:18 pm 

"That's okay, you don't have to get decorations.. I never had any before." She said, as she nodded to Cailean, moving to follow him.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 12:57 pm 

Abigail turned in the doorway as Cailean led her out into the main room, "nonsense child. Every child needs proper decoration for their room! I won't hear another word of if. You'll get to decorate your room like every girl should! If you like Marie can come with us to the store? Help you pick out some things?"

Cailean smiled encouragingly at Lily as he waited at the base of the stairs for Lily to finish with Abigail before he led her upstairs.

Marie had run up the stairs to her room. "MOM I put that blue dress on her bed! Are we going to the big mall? Because I want to go too. I want to meet up with Mandy and Adison!" Marie shouted from the overhang down into the main room. Her voice was pitched quite highly on the last words as she danced excitedly. Clearly the bubbly energetic sort of girl.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2015 4:34 pm 

"Okay.. Is there somewhere where I can take a shower?" She said, moving up the stairs to go see her new room. She still seemed a bit nervous, not sure how to act around his family.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:21 pm 

Cailean led her up the stairs as Abigail and Marie discussed the trip and where they would be going. He led her down the long hallway and showed her each room in turn until he reached the last room on the left-hand side. "This is your room. Mines on the right," he said indicating the two separate rooms in turn. "The washroom right down the hall next to Grainne's room, that's the girls bathroom. This one here next to my room and Jake's is the guys bathroom and trust me you don't want to take a shower there. I'd say that Jake is a slob! But it's also mom and dad's bathroom and mom gets testy when my sisters use it. I don't think she'd mind you using it, but I'd stick to the girls bathroom. As it's the baby's change room so it kind of always smells in there."

Cailean offered her a gentle smile. "I'll be in my room when you're ready to leave just come and knock," and with that he left her to explore what would be her room and get ready. He pushed open the door to his room and went to his bed. Slumping down onto it he pulled out a small notebook and began to write. He left the door open.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:55 pm 

She nodded and thanked him, going to get the dress from her new room and then take a shower in the bathroom he had told her to use. She did her best to make herself look presentable and normal, then went to find him again. "I'm ready to go.. Just, what do I do about my wings?" She said, standing in his doorway. The dress really didn't cover her wings at all.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 6:30 pm 

Cailean had given up on writing anything knew in the journal he was suppose to be keeping he'd tossed it onto his desk and was instead throwing a ball at his wall and catching it.

Thump thump thump

He looked over at Lily at the sound of her voice. He saw exactly what she meant. Her wings were bluntly obvious. "Wait here a sec," He said rising and setting the ball on his bed. He left her and hoped she would stay in his room where no one could see her. He went to Marie's room and knocked opening the door.

"GET OUT LOOSER!" His sister shriek.

"Get a grip Marie I just need to get Lily a sweater. Mom will freak if she sees that Lily's dress doesn't cover her shoulders and most of her back. Come on seriously what were you thinking?" Cailean said heading to Marie's closet.

"BEAST! Don't touch my stuff!" She shrieked flying from her desk and slamming into Cailean before grabbing a sweater off a hanger that would match the dress and thrusting it roughly into his hands. "Now get out!"

Cailean nodded a little smile of triumph rising to his lips as he left the door to her room deliberately open. He went back to where Lily was and gave her the sweater, "This should work," he said with a mischievous grin still on his face.