All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2015 4:24 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Lily woke up that morning to complete darkness instead of the bright lights of the lab, and that was when she realized something was happening. She heard thunder rumbling outside as the wind howled and the rain hit against the window at the end of the hall of small rooms she was kept in, flashing occasionally with lightning in the early morning darkness. Although it had never happened before, she assumed this storm had taken out the lab's electricity. Knowing the locks on the doors and windows in the lab were electrically powered, she opened her door and slipped out, opening other doors along her way to the window and telling the others to do the same as they scattered. She knew most of them would be caught by the guards, none of the others in her room had wings like she did, so they'd have to go out through the door and down three floors to get outside. Lily didn't have that problem, as she opened the window and jumped out into the storm, dropping a floor or two before her wings opened and carried her away in the direction of the rising sun.

That night, she landed in a tree, having flown all day in the grey, rainy sky. She was soaked, shivering, and cold, but too afraid to go up to the door of the house which was just a few yards from the tree she was in. She settled down on a branch, hiding against the trunk of the tree to avoid the rain and the possibility of being seen, and waited for sleep or morning to come...

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:41 pm 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Rain. That was the first thing that Cailean Mac a’bhaird noticed. He woke up slowly, hearing the rain patter against his window. A huge smile broke across his face as the harsh light of the lightning illuminated his surroundings. He jumped from his bed and drew on a pair of jeans over his trousers. He didn’t bother with a shirt. He threw open the window and drew himself up onto the large bay window seat so that he could feel the cool water splash against his body. He slid out onto the slopping roof and balanced precariously on it’s edge. The heightened senses that had come with his new life made this a much easier task then it had ever been before. Careful he slid the window closed so that only a small space separated window from frame. This would allow him to slip back in later when the time came. With deliberate slowness Cailean allowed himself to slide down the slope until there was only a story separating him from the ground. He rose to his feet and leapt off the roof landing in a low crouch. Feeling the ice cold rain coat his skin and plaster his hair to his head. He ran his hands through the shaggy mess of long raven black hair that fell just over his shoulders. Laughing he took off running towards the woods nearby to his house. Once safely hidden in the darkness of the forest he stripped down to his skin and allowed the painful change to take him. Until he fell to the forest floor loosing track as pain made him scream.

A few long minutes after the change when the man no longer lay curled on his side like a pup, the lycanthrope rose to his full bipedal form and howled in ecstasy. His eyes closing. Hiding the deep amber orbs. His arms outstretched to either side. Black fur getting drenched from the downpour. He finally fell to all four and took off. Like a distorted wolf.

For the remainder of that stormy day Cailean hunted, ran and eventually lay down next to a large stream safely hidden in the dark shadows of the woods. His eyes closed and his body relaxing after the large meal. Sleep too him.

It wasn’t until he woke up as the last peel of thunder faded and the rain continued to come ins sheets that he realized he’d slept the rest of the day away and early evening was coming on. He rose to his feet and ran back towards where he’d left his jeans hidden in a bush and changed back to his human form. The pain making him loose track of things again as bones rearranged into human form. Dressing quickly he shivered in cold wrapping his arms around himself and slowly began walking back towards his house. Fully aware that his parents would be very upset over his disappearance and state of disarray. For Cailean the day had been perfect. He only dreaded going home. He walked slowly back out of the woods and towards the small home visible by the forests edge.

He wondered if he was going crazy, but he could feel eyes on him as he left the wood. He tensed stopping in the center of the open clearing that held a dozen steps in either direction towards wood or house. ”Who’s there?” He called turning around to face the woods.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 5:00 am 

Lily sat with her wings around her, blocking out the weather as she slept. When she woke up, the storm had died back slightly, and someone was calling to her, asking who was there. She looked down at him, only her eyes visible from behind part of the tree, "Who are you?" She asked, curious. He was the first person she'd met since leaving the lab, and she wanted to know if people acted any different outside.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 1:31 pm 

Cailean found her gaze with his own, focusing on her eyes was simpler then trying to find the rest of her hidden behind the tree. Although not all that much easier since she was shielded by shadows. He frowned, since he couldn't see her he didn't know who she was. He raised one quirked eyebrow, "Is that not what I asked you?" he said rather annoyed that she hadn't answer his question but expected him to answer hers. He pointed to the house just across the field. "Cailean's the name and that there is my house, now might you answer my question. Who are you?" He didn't try to hide the bitterness at having to ask twice. He really didn't like people who answered questions with questions, they reminded him of teachers.

Maybe she was a teacher. Or something. Although she didn't appear old enough to be a teacher. Then again, he had learned that sometimes age couldn't be judged by appearance. He waited for her to speak again before he did or said anything else. Frankly he was hopping she would answer his question or at least come down from the tree so he could see her properly. He could smell her easily enough and he could see the outline of her readily, but he couldn't see her.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:53 pm 

"Lily. Is this your tree, too? I was sleeping here." She said, still just looking down at him from the tree. She was nervous about people, and worried that he might be angry with her for being on his property. He did sound angry to her, and that didn't help. She didn't like when people were angry with her, because too many were violent when angry back at the lab. She really hoped he, and people outside in general, weren't like that, but for now she decided to stay in her tree for safety.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 7:12 pm 

Cailean laughed at hearing her ask if the tree was his, it certainly lightened his mood some. "Sorry Lily, I didn't mean to sound so upset, I rather spent the day sleeping out by the lake and am certain to be grounded when my mother finds out," It was a lame excuse no doubt, however it was the truth. He really was going to be in trouble when he reached the house. He started to turn away to leave her to her sleeping in a tree. He stopped and turned back around almost instantly, realizing she'd said she was going to sleep in the tree.

"We have a spare bedroom in the house, might be a bit more comfortable then a tree to sleep in. Mom says it's called being nice inviting people who don't have a home to stay, well I don't know if you have home or not, but your welcome to come in and get out of the rain at least. I don't bite I can't guarantee my little sister isn't going to try and gum you to death, she's a baby and teething so yah know," He stopped talking realizing he'd been rambling. He rubbed the back of his neck in agitation. He tended to ramble when he got nervous, which he did around girls. And she was a girl, so he was uncertain of himself.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 10:38 pm 

"Okay.. Thank you." She said, and jumped down from the tree after a moment, fluttering her wings for a soft landing. There was no point in trying to hide them; the wings were quite obvious and the simple clothes she wore could not be made to hide them. She knew letting him see her wings was a risk, but she really just wanted to get out of the rain and cold.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:32 pm 

Cailean offered a warm smile before he spoke, "We might want to get you a coat or sweater to hide the wings, my mom will totally flip if she sees them," his voice was low. He headed up towards the back of the house, "maybe I could sneak into my bedroom and get you a sweater before I take you in the front door, that way we can hide the wings. What do you think?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2015 10:06 pm 

She followed, looking around. "Yeah, that seems like a good idea.. You don't seem very surprised by the wings." She said, watching him curiously. "Why not?" She asked. He looked pretty normal, so she didn't see why her having wings wouldn't at least come as a shock to him.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:49 pm 

Cailean gave her a bright smile as he led her into the shadows of his house. Right next to the ridge he used to launch himself onto the roof too his bedroom window. "I am not surprised because I am a werewolf, I kind of got used to the whole strange **** happens thing. So if Werewolves are real why can't fairies be real too? You are a fairy right?" he said pausing to look over at her. He was indeed curious to know if she was or not. After all she didn't seem surprised to see a shirtless buffed male walking out of the forest covered in mud and dirt while it was pouring rain. Not like that happened every day around the suburban area.

View Likes PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:43 pm 

"I'm not a fairy. I'm part bird, see the wings?" She said, unfolding her wings to show him that they were the wings of a bird, somewhat similar to what angels are said to have, and not the dragonfly or butterfly like wings of a fairy. She hadn't been surprised at first to see him as he was, not really knowing what was normal for people on the outside. Perhaps all the young men liked to run through forests with their shirts off in the rain. She had definitely seen people do stranger things. Now, however, she looked at him curiously; werewolves weren't supposed to be real, and yet he claimed to be one. "A werewolf? Like, you're part wolf, but you look normal some of the time and very wolfish other times, like in books? How?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:22 pm 

He paused and turned to regard her after she had spoken. His eyes tracked her unfurling wings noting the feathers and details of the wings so like an eagle. "Oh, sorry I had seen the wings, just not really looked at them I guess," he said as he vaulted up to the roof in one long jump. A jump that for humans would have been impossible. Cailean looked back down at her words pausing to regard her curiously, "I thought a half-bird was impossible," he said in counter to her own words. Then after a small half smile to show he was teasing he went on. "I don't really know how honestly. One day I found myself in the hospital after a savage attack and I have no idea how I got there, or what happened. Then a few days later I began to notice changes. Little things. My eyes seeing things they never saw before. Being able to hear like I shouldn't be able to. Smelling things that didn't make sense. A desire to run and hunt. Feeling trapped indoors. Hating the smell of certain things, being repulsed by certain sounds. All the little things. Then one day I was running through the woods and I changed. I don't know how it happened it just did."

He stopped talking and blinked slowly. He'd said more to her then he'd dare say to anyone and he didn't even know her. Deciding he wanted to know something about her in kind he asked, "How did you become a half-bird?"

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2015 10:55 pm 

She seemed quite interested, curious about his story, and responded with her own when he asked. "You've heard of genetic engineering, right? Where they can take genes from one living thing and put them into another? They did that with me, before I was born, so I was born with a little bit of bird DNA. It wasn't much, more like 1% or less than a half, but it's enough for the wings and a bunch of other stuff. I'm lighter and stronger than I should be, my heart and lungs work better, and I see better and differently from most. There are other things too, but you get the main idea. I'm designed to fly, and it worked.. I grew up in the lab where I was born, up until yesterday's storm caused a power outage. I escaped, and here I am." She explained, then looked to him for a response, not sure what to expect.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:40 am 

Cailean was held captive by her story. Like every other member of society he'd heard distant rumours of experimentation with genetics, but it had been stories like Area 51. No one thought they were real. Everyone believed them to be and over-exageration or conspiracy theory. Science wasn't that advanced was it? Those had been the questions of the day back then.

Now looking down from the roof at her he was shocked. Startled, and almost speechless from it. It was real. Just like the old legends modern science had monsters too. Yet, looking down at her he didn't think of her as a monster or abomination as every story said the creation of the experiments were. "Those labs are real?!" It wasn't a questions for surely they were reals since she was standing before him. It was a statement of shock and bewilderment.

"There were stories, like farie tales of science, but no on believed they were real. Just like the old tales no one believed existed. Science hides as the old wold does, In the shadows. There is much that we can learn from each other, but we can not share our secrets. Not even with my family. If they find out, about your gifts or mine, we are dead. The people out here, they don't believe in any of this. To them we would be abominations," he spoke softly his voice sad and tinged with regret.

"Wait here a sec, I'll get you some clothing and then we'll head inside, after supper we can hide out in my room or climb to the roof and talk. I want to know more, but we can't risk you being discovered. Just hold on a sec, k" he asked. His tone growing slightly anxious as he realized the storm was ending. The neighbours would be coming out and his own family would be looking outside soon. He had to get her covered up and safe before anyone called the police and she ended up back in her lab. He waited for her confirmation that she would wait before he would head inside.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:06 pm 

"I see.. I figured I'd have to hide once I got out, they'll be looking for me, so I guess it's lucky I found you instead of someone else." She commented, remaining on the ground, as she nodded to him. She waited on the ground for him to return, looking up into the windows of his home. It seemed so different from her old home at the lab, so much more inviting. She wondered what his family was like...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 5:53 pm 

"Don't worry, you'll be hiding in plain sight, my mom won't turn you out seeing as you've got no place to go, while I'm up here think of a good excuse for why you ain't got no where to go and your folks ain't around k?" he said slipping into the window and leaving it open. He went to his closet as silent as he could and pulled out two hoodies and t-shirt, a clean pair of jeans. He regarded his bare feet and shook his head. Nope no shoes. He dressed quickly, grabbed the sweater and a pair of sweatpants that might fit her if a little on huge side. But at leas they would be comfy and he grabbed his backpack so he'd have an excuse as to why she was wearing his clothing before he climbed back out the window and threw the pack down next to her. Closed the window and ran right off the edge of the roof. Did a flip and landed on all fours into a very wolfish crouch. He grinned as he stood up and took out the clothing from his pack handing it to her.

"It ain't much, and it's like three times too big, but my sister will have better to lend you until we can get you some of your own from the store," he said with a wry smile.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:19 pm 

"Okay." She said, and stood around thinking while he was in there. She wasn't really sure of the reasons why someone her age would be alone and homeless. Her parents kicked her out, maybe? But why would they do that? Or maybe she ran away? Well, she really did run away from the only home she had ever had, so she decided to say that, and just say that her 'family' were cruel and abusive.
She smiled gratefully at him once he returned. "Thanks. Do you have more than one sister? I thought you said your sister's a baby.. And do you have anywhere I can change into these?" Lily asked. She didn't know very much about the outside world, but she did know that it was not acceptable for a girl to change her clothes in front of a stranger, and especially a male stranger.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2015 6:44 am 

"I have three sisters, one is 15, the other is 10 and I have my baby sister. I have one brother who's 9 years old and that is my whole family besides dad and mom of course," he explained. He didn't really talk about the others besides the baby because they didn't really get along. None of them were like Cailean. He blushed at her question and looked instantly uncomfortable. "I'd say the room, but be really quiet so no one hears you. Anna-Rose has a nasty habit of breaking into my room. Or I could um turn around?" he responded looking around for a place to hide either her or himself so she could change. He hadn't thought of that honestly he'd figured she'd just pull the clothes on over what she already had.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 2:00 am 

"Oh, okay. That makes sense." She said, nodding. "Can I just go up in your room? I'll be careful to be very quiet and not let anyone in." She added, glancing around and then looking up at the window. She didn't really want to change outside, as she was already cold and wet from the storm; she was shivering now, in fact, as they stood there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:20 am 

"Yah absolutely, the windows always ajar so just push it open and don't shut it all the way," he said nodding emphatically. Cailean leaned up against the house to wait for her, his eyes closing as he took in the smells of the heavy laden air and the rich moisture. The thick scent of soil. The cloying scents of rabbit so close. He felt half tempted to track it down. He smiled as he continued to catalogue the scents while she did what she needed to in order to get into something not so noticeably different clothing wise.