All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2015 7:59 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

"Thank you." Lily said, putting the sweater on. "So we're going to the mall now? What's the proper way to act there?" She asked, really having no idea and wanting to do everything right.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:31 am 

Wandering through uncharted space...

Location: Canada... Somewhere in the North of Kere's Domain...
Medals: 6
Best Group RP (1) Longest RP (1)
1st Year (1) Most Helpful Member (1)
Blog: View Blog (3)

Cailean settled on his bed waiting for either Marie or Abigail to scream that it was time to go. "If you observe Marie you'll see a typical girl. Me I just tend to look over the store I like and get bored over the things that don't interest me. Usually your pretty safe, you'll see all type of strange people at the mall. From what I know for girls you just grab half the store of clothing and try it all on and argue with mom about why you need all thirty outfits when she says you only need the two," Cailean said and it was clear he didn't like shopping.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:46 am 

"Okay.. why does she need so many clothes? That sounds like a lot." Lily said. Having had only one outfit at a time for her entire life, she found his sister's want for such a quantity of clothing to be odd.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2015 4:34 pm 

"Because for most girls it's normal behaviour," Cailean replied shrugging, "it beats me, I don't know. If it were up to me I'd have five shirts, five pair of shorts and a pair of shoes, a sweater and that would be it. Oh and a pair of jeans." he said looking over at his clock. "We should head down to meet my mom. Their probably already to go soon. That or Marie is still gabbing on her phone. I have no clue with her."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:50 am 

"Even that sounds like a lot to me." Lily said, moving to go downstairs to wait for the rest of his family to be ready. She continued to look around his home curiously as they went, not yet used to the place.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 3:33 pm 

Abigail was arguing with Marie in the doorway leading out to the families minivan while Cailean descended the stairs after Lily, "It's a lot if your not used to having anything, but trust me for a typical American family it's nothing."

The argument ended almost as soon as the two reached the ground floor. Abigail ushered them all into the Minivan and Cailean got into the back of the van while Marie took the front seat. Cailean looked over to Lily, "you ever been to the mall before?"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:31 pm 

Lily seemed somewhat surprised by that, as she followed them outside. "I haven't.. I know people go there to buy things, but I've never been there myself." She said, looking around outside. It had stopped raining, at least.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 6:24 pm 

Cailean got into the minivan and held the door open for her to get in after him, "do you like books?"

"You are going to LOVE the mall Lily," Marie said, "there are so many stores it's awesome." Marie turned back in her seat as she put on her seatbelt. "I'm going to go get a new purse. What color do you like?" she asked wanting to get Lily a purse of her own since it was obvious Lily didn't have one.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:43 pm 

Lily thanked him, getting in. "Yeah.. I didn't have much else to do, back home." She told him, then looked to his sister. "I like blue." She said. Really, she didn't see much use in purses, but she decided to play along and befriend the people.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 8:10 am 

Cailean wondered how that would be like having nothing to do at home. He couldn't imagine it. Here things ran at almost lightening speed and everyone always had more to do then they had time to do it in. He couldn't imagine livinging like that. "I'm sorry," Cailean began but was interupted by Marie.

"I think a small blue pruse would fit you very nicely. Maybe even a black one for when the blue doens't go, ohh and you'll need a 'going out purse' as well," Marie looked back once more, "you do have some jewelry and makeup right?" Marie demanded as if this were the end of the world if she didn't.

Abigail turned to face the children briefly, "buckle up," she said before turning back around and starting the Van.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:48 pm 

Lily nodded to him, buckling her seatbelt. "I don't.. All I had was what I brought with me; pretty much nothing." She said to the younger girl, looking somewhat confused by all the things this girl thought she needed. Makeup? She didn't see the need for that at all, and had always found the idea to be somewhat odd.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 6:12 pm 

"Marie cut her some slack, she doesn't need any of that, why don't you let her decide what she wants it's not your place to boss her around," Cailean said frowning at his sister before turning to Lily as Abigail started driving. Cailean continued, "We'll just wander through the mall and you get what you want ok?" He said gently. He figured they had be scaring her by now, what with everything being different here then it was where she was from it must be a huge culture shock.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2015 7:37 pm 

"Okay, thanks." She said to him. She was watching him as she waited for them to arrive at the mall.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 10:26 am 

It didn't take long for the van to pull into the mall entrance. Abigail handed out some money to everyone before getting out, "We meet back here in three hours," she said. "I'll take you all out for lunch on our way back home," she finished up as she got out and shut the door. Cailean opened the side door and got out tucking the money into his pocket, "so where to first?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2015 1:12 pm 

Lily carried her money in her hand, generally following him. "Clothes, I guess.. Should I just let your sister find me things? I'll look normal, that way." She said, glancing around the mall entrance nervously. She had never seen so many people before.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:43 am 

Cailean regarded Lily with a kind smile, "well you'll look fashionable at least, normal's another matter I don't think Marie is normal," Cailean said with a wicked grin. Marie slapped him on the back of the head.

"You beast," she said with a huff. "Come on Lily, let's ditch the boy and go get something nice for you to wear," Marie said walking up to Lily.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:48 pm 

"Well, more normal than I am." She said, and nodded to Marie. "Are some of these stores better than others?" She asked her, looking around the place in confusion as she started following the other girl, glancing back at Cailean.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:43 am 

Cailean sighed heavily as he followed his sister and Lily into the mall. He rolled his eyes at his sister.

Marie looked over at Lily as she led her into a clothing store, "well it depends what your style is, I prefer three of the stores here myself as they always have fashionable stuff, but mom likes to go to a few different ones and Gen likes others. So I take it it's a personal thing," Marie explained as she started browsing the store for some new clothing. "What size do you wear by the way?"

PostPosted: Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:05 pm 

Lily shrugged, "I'm not sure, but these clothes fit well enough." She said, looking around the stored. She didn't see why anyone would need such a variety of clothes, but at least they were a lot prettier than the clothes she had always been made to wear.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:50 am 

Marie smiled, "Excellent it's just like shopping for myself," the girl bounced off into the store grabbing all types of clothing from the racks and making a large pile. She walked back to Cailean who hadn't even entered the store yet and dragged him into the store by his arm and dumped all the clothing in his arms. "Ok I'm going to get a lot more stuff and meet you both back at the change rooms. Cailean will be your pack mule, so go on and try that to start." Marie bounced off again not even bothering to wait for a response before grabbing more clothing from the racks and starting another pile in her arms.

Cailean glared at his sister but sighed. He knew it was futile to argue with Marie and hoped that this would end quickly before he was forced to do much more then carry clothing around the store... He looked over at Lily, "ready to try on the store?" he asked her with a wry grin.