All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next
PostPosted: Sun Nov 03, 2019 4:29 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

All the soft touches had Draco's head spinning and it was making it really hard for him to stand by his decision that they both would have to go to work. In fact, all he did want to do was just stay in bed with Harry for a little longer and just not think about the world outside for a while.
"If you have an idea for dinner, then I suggest you shop and then I'll get Teddy," he said with a soft shrug, his eyes never leaving Harry as he smiled softly up at him. "How does that sound for a masterplan?"

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 am 

Harry's fingers continued to draw the small patterns against Draco's skin, distractedly trying to see if he could successfully get a reaction out of Draco. Draco's insistence on them getting up and out had drastically decreased, and Harry almost thought he could convince Draco of spending the day at home.
Harry's smile had widened over the course of Draco phrasing the question, more as a result of the thoughts going through Harry's mind than Draco's words themselves. The answer, however, came genuinely. "It sounds brilliant."
With that, Harry removed his hand, following the curve of the crook of Draco's neck, before settling at Draco's collarbone with an almost friendly pat.
"You sure this is what you wanna do?" Harry asked, teasingly coy but not insistingly. He seemed fully awake by then, and though his touches had lost the undeniable air of intimacy, Harry was still prepared to stay in, if Draco so decided.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:39 am 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

“I’m not,” Draco stated with a warm smile, leaning in to press a quick, much less intimate, kiss to Harry’s lips. Some days he really wished that he had a job where it was easier to flake if he didn’t want to work, but he also knew that he loved his job too much to ever do something else.
“But those people aren’t going to heal themselves, so I am going to have to go,” he said before getting up properly and getting out of bed.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:12 pm 

For a moment, it looked like Harry was about to slump forwards back into bed at the sudden disappearance of the support Draco had offered. Though Harry didn't end up laying back down, it did take him several moments for him to follow suit.
With a soft exhale, Harry shifted his posture, instead sitting back against the support of his hands planted behind him on the mattress. Taking a moment to gather himself, he looked Draco over.
"Your shirt's wrinkly," Harry stated, voice coquettish as if he had had nothing to do with that. His movements still softened by sleep, Harry straightened his posture slightly, sitting up properly, one leg dangling off the side of the bed.
Just as casually, Harry added a: "You should change it."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2019 4:35 pm 

“And allow you to distract me again?” Draco asked with a crooked grin, grabbing his wand instead and instead doing a quick spell to straighten out his shirt again, it wasn’t perfect but it worked for what he was trying to do.
“That’s what magic is for,” he stated with a happy grin, before leaning down to press a quick kiss to Harry’s forehead. “Now, are you ready to get up?”

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:53 am 

Relishing Draco's proximity, however brief it might have been, Harry was quick to close his eyes, stretching into the kiss.
"You're going to wear a slightly wrinkly shirt rather than to humour me, huh?" he teased as he once again opened his eyes, heart sinking at the confirmation that Draco had yet again stepped away. It was silly, and not enough to wash away the smile from his face, and such, Harry finally got up.
Once again finding Draco within reach, Harry brushed his hand across Draco's midriff, tugging at the other's shirt, though not managing to fully untucking it. "You got dressed so quickly."
In any other context, Harry's words might have resonated with heavy implications, yet the juvenile air about him deafened any other lingering conversations. Harry's smile was still bright and the tease remained in his eyes, as he finally, with a sigh, turned to exit the bedroom.
From the hallway, the sound of Teddy's bedroom door opening was heard; followed by, moments later, a soft: "buddy, we have to get up - we overslept."

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:58 pm 

____
It had been a long day at work, but there was something about picking up Teddy directly after work that always managed to make him feel better. He had never really wanted kids for himself, but Teddy was absolutely precious to him and knowing that he was taking Teddy home to Harry only served to make it even better.
“We’re home,” Draco called into the flat as he got off his jacket such that he could help Teddy out of his outerwear as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:08 am 

When the door opened, all Harry could think of was how they had barely missed one another. Harry himself had only been home long enough to unload the groceries, closing the refigerator in the same movement as he turned towards Draco's voice.
"Hi, boys," Harry called, though he didn't leave the peninsula. Instead, he turned on the oven, blindly speaking into the empty living room. "How was your day?"
Sure enough, Teddy appared within sight in a matter of moments, from the blind corner of the entryway.
"Good!" the child chirped, immediately tugging at the neck of the blue sweatervest, part his uniform. Wiggling his arms into the sweater, the boy's face was flushed with both the cold and the effort. His voice, however, was bright. "Draco picked me up."
"I know, bud," Harry said, unable to keep a smile off his face. Not moving to help the boy, he stayed put, leaning across the counter towards his godson. Glancing off to one side, Harry's question was directed as much to Teddy as it was to Draco. "Did miss Mary say anything about you being late this morning?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2019 4:03 pm 

Even if it was becoming the norm by now, Draco still found himself getting completely overwhelmed with the domesticity of coming home to Harry. He still had his own flat and he did go back regularly to see to his cat, who he missed dearly, as the only thing from his old flat, but he was slowly starting to make the flat he shared with Harry his home.
“She warned me that she did not want to see that happening again,” Draco said as he hung his jacket on a hook and kicked off his shoes. He went to the kitchen and smiled softly at Harry, feeling slightly overwhelmed with how much he loved Harry and Teddy.
“Do you need any help with that, love?”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 7:49 am 

Harry gave a vague response to that, a little sound and a shrug. He had barely started dinner, so while he didn't have anything cooking on the stove top, he allowed himself to linger.
Meeting Draco halfway, Harry had taken a few steps towards him, reaching out for him as soon as he was within reach.
"Do young think she meant it?" he asked, a smile both in his voice and on his lips, as he wrapped both arms around Draco's waist. With a tease tugging his smile crooked, Harry added a toying, "Did you try and sweet talk her?"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 3:31 pm 

“I did not,” Draco admitted as he ran a hand through his hair, feeling tired after a long day at work and having gotten a scolding from Teddy’s teacher, but he was happy to be home now.
“But I did use my doctor voice to explain her why we had been late though and she seemed to be accepting of that,” he explained with a tired smile, not at all believing that it was going to become an issue. “Did you remember to buy cat food, love?”

PostPosted: Thu Dec 26, 2019 4:44 pm 

Harry hummed at that, a smile still on his lips. It wasn't hard to tell that a million things were going through Draco's mind; tough not opposed to let Draco unwind in his own pace, Harry still leaned in to press a hot but brief kiss to the soft skin beneath Draco's ear.
"I did," he said, leaning away. In the same motion, Harry loosened his grip around Draco before finally stepping away. He turned towards the counter, where he had left a couple of tins of wet food for Draco's cat.
Pushing them across the counter, Harry himself propped himself up on his elbows. "What did you tell her?"
While the question was said with the same domestic easiness, it was no secret that the possible explanations Draco could have given Teddy's teacher made his stomach twist. "That I had night terrors as a result of untreated war trauma?"
"We're getting a cat?" Teddy interjected from the living room, no real sense of the conversation he had interrupted. His hair was ruffled, having managed to wrestle himself out of the sweater vest on his own accord. "And you didn't tell me?"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:59 am 

Draco had just been about to reply to Harry’s question when Teddy interjected, taking Draco aback as he didn’t realise that he had never mentioned Dorian to Teddy. However, he saw how the understanding that they were getting a cat together could have come and now he had to clear that up.
“Oh no, sweetheart,” Draco said, immediately turning his attention towards Teddy, figuring that he could always answer Harry later.
“I have a cat back in my flat and I don’t have time to pick up food for him, so Harry did that for me.”

View Likes PostPosted: Sat Dec 28, 2019 3:33 pm 

Though Harry would definitely press Draco for any specifics he might have disclosed to Teddy's teacher; but, even despite the possible implications of that conversation, Harry knew Teddy's line of inquiry took presidence.
Harry turned, a slight look of surprise painted across his features. He was still leaning across the counter, hands folded as he tried to figure out what was going through Teddy's mind.
The child's face had scrunched up, brows furrowed and eyes squinted. When it became apparent what about Draco's answer that had tripped Teddy up, Harry couldn't help but smile.
"Draco has a flat of his own, baby," Harry elaborated as softly as possible, unable not to grin at the utter look of betrayal growing on Teddy's face.
"And he has a cat there?" he parroted meekly, features softening up. The gears were still turning within Teddy's little head, and as he finally turned to look at Draco, it was clear that he had come to the exact same conclusion: that he had been left in the dark. For a long moment, Teddy chewed at his lips. "Can I meet him?"

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2020 1:59 pm 

Even if it had never been stated outright, Draco had just assumed that Teddy knew that he had a flat of his own. Sure, he spent almost every night at Harry’s place by now, making his flat pretty much a waste of money by now, but he was not at all ready to take that step just yet.
So for now, he was just going to have to be patient with Teddy and probably answer a lot more questions about his darling Dorian.
“Do you wanna meet my cat?” He asked with a crooked grin, mostly as a tease. He knew that Teddy loved just about all animals, so it really should come as no surprise that the prospect of meeting a cat had him excited.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 5:44 am 

In that moment, Harry felt incredibly lucky. Engulfed by the softness of the situation and context, Harry allowed himself to sink down against the counter, comfortable in allowing the conversation to take its course without his participation as a sile inevitably formed across his lips. Overcome with emotions he couldn't quite phrase, Harry tipped his head further towards Draco, reaching out to brush a caress across the small of his back.
"Yeah," Teddy just answered, almost as it was a given. With some degree of uncertainty, his eyes flickered between Draco and Harry, before once again settling onto Draco. "Can he visit one day?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 07, 2020 3:55 pm 

The sincere interest in his cat made Draco smile, even if the interest came from a child. It made perfect sense that Teddy was interested, but Draco was frankly always thrilled whenever he had something to talk with Teddy about.
“Maybe you can visit him,” he said with a warm smile, taking a brief look over his shoulder to look at Harry, almost as if he was looking for an accept of his plan, before he returned the attention to the child in front of him. “Then you can also see my flat.”

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2020 3:57 pm 

Harry just smiled, trusting that Draco didn't bite off more than he could chew. They hadn't ever discussed Draco's flat in the context of Harry's and Teddy's life, and Harry hadn't pushed. Draco would have to set the pace if he wanted to introduce it to Teddy, and Harry had no intentions to interject.
He did, however, brush his hand across Draco's hip in a reassuring, little gesture, before once again letting it rest on the counter top.
"Is it far?" Teddy asked with some hesitation, unable to fully place neither Draco's flat nor his cat in time or space.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2020 3:32 pm 

Even if Draco generally considered himself confident and put together, there was nothing like a child to make his confidence shake. He definitely felt that he had gotten better after hanging around Teddy so much, but he still appreciated every single touch from Harry, knowing that he was there to break in, should he completely lose the grip on the conversation.
“It’s not very far, no,” he said, smiling at the puzzled expression on Teddy’s face. He did need to find a more sustainable solution for Dorian, but it seemed too daunting to even think about moving in together with Harry and Teddy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2020 8:41 am 

"Oh," Teddy exclaimed something about his surprise gave voice to the fact that he found it silly, Draco having a flat of his own if it was just near by. "Then yes. Can we go after school tomorrow? How come we haven't gone before?"
At that, Harry grinned, exhaling out a chuckle as he finally pushed himself off the counter. He himself having no explanation to offer, and he was certain Draco's answer would be as good as any Harry could make up on the spot.
Turning to carry on the task at hand, Harry once again opened the fridge to continue dinner.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 45, 46, 47, 48, 49, 50, 51  Next