All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:08 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

The lightness of their teasing had suddenly been replaced by something a little heavier, a little more intimate, and Draco really didn’t mind that. He didn’t really know how to respond though, seeing as he was just so happy and at ease. He really was in love with the man lying next to him and he felt like he was floating.
“That’s because I am so happy,” he simply stated, knowing that that probably was most of the reason. He looked up at Harry with a pleased grin on his lips.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:05 pm 

Harry beamed at that, but knowing better than to make a big deal of it. Hearing not only that Draco was happy but that he was aware of it took a huge weight off of Harry's shoulders, feeling deeply reassured that all he was feeling was mutual.
Wanting to say to much, but not knowing how to say it without letting it get out of hand, Harry just once again hugged Draco closer, pressing a kiss to the other's hair.

Harry had been asleep for several hours when he once again started stirring. Laying on his back, it had started as a small twitch of his hand, the movements irregular but increasing in frequency. His fingers had drummed against his own chest through out most of it, until the twitch became so violent that his entire arm jerked, flexing his bicep and pulling his hand to his shoulder. At that, Harry frowned, groaning as he roughly turned his head into the pillow and away from Draco.
After another still moment, Harry sucked in air through his teeth and startled opened his eyes. He flexed his hand but his arm remained bent despite the discomfort of the position, and with a distressed, but clear voice he said. "Let go of me."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:40 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco had always been a light sleeper, something that had been a major annoyance whenever he had to share bed with anyone, whether it be Pansy or a romantic partner. So far, sharing bed with Harry had been rather undramatic and he had found that the other slept rather peacefully. Or, that had at least been his experience in the past.
Tonight, however, Draco was woken by Harry trashing in bed. This was a strange occurrence in on itself but once Draco was a little less drowsy, he realised just how tense Harry was. A deep frown touched his face as he reached out in an attempt to calm Harry down.
“Harry?”

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:54 pm 

The sudden movement in his peripheral vision sent another violent jerk through Harry's arm, uncurling it from its pinned position against his chest. Harry turned towards Draco, scrambling himself up onto his elbows and into a half seated position, flinching away from the touch. Though Harry appeared to be looking at Draco, there was no sign of recognizing the man besides him; instead, there was an unmistakable look of fright in his eyes.
"Let go," he pleaded, his voice rough with desperation and a sob building in his throat. In another sudden movement he kicked at the covers, instead turning to stare into the dark bedroom. As he finally seemed to coordinate his movement, he panicked pushed at the covers, attempting to fully disentangle himself and get out of the bed. "Let go of me, I have - we have to get him, please -"

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:21 pm 

Finding himself more awake at that, Draco sat up a little on the bed, wanting to reach out and calm Harry down, but with the reaction to his former touch he doubted that that was a good idea. Sure, Draco knew that night terrors were a common side effect of PTSD, but he had never seen it in anyone before, so he had no idea what to do.
“Harry. It’s me. It’s okay. No one is taking anyone anywhere,” he tried, not sure if he would be able to get through, but he also knew that touching him definitely didn’t do the trick.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2019 6:33 am 

Harry appeared to understand Draco's presence, at least enough to turn towards him. Sweat was already making his hair stick to his forehead, and even though he seemed to look at Draco, his eyes were wide with fright and unfocused.
"Remus, you have to let go of me," he said, his panic finally giving way to a sob. His eyes filled with tears and his movements stilled, and for a moment he looked absolutely exhausted. "He's all I have, I need to go get him -"
Another sob went though him. With an frustrated movement, he wiped the tears away with the back of his forearm, before once against thrashing against invisible restraints. "I have to go get him."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2019 3:16 pm 

Unsure what else to do, Draco reached out to try and touch Harry again, gently placing a hand on his cheek in an attempt to get him to wake up a little.
“Harry, please,” he said, voice growing increasingly desperate. He knew that there was a risk of him getting hit by Harry, but he was wiling to take that risk if it meant that Harry was going to wake up. “There is nothing here. Please wake up.”

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 6:14 am 

Harry violently flinched under Draco's touch, startled by in in a way that it became apparent that, though his eyes had been directed at Draco, he hadn't seen the touch coming. Reacting on pure instincts, Harry blindly grabbed Draco's wrist in a tight grip, yanking Draco's hand away from his face.
At that, Harry finally seemed to wake. Though his movements stilled, his hold around Draco's wrist remained almost painfully tight as his eyes started to regain focus. By the time Harry was fully able to recognize Draco in front of him, new tears had stopped forming only to be replaced by a look of devastating exhaustion.
It was only then that Harry let go of Draco, not having realised how tight his grip had gotten. Though Harry was no longer caught is his own terror, he was barely fully awake. Tears once again welled up in his eyes but in the contrary of his panicked, frustrated sobs, he was now crying silently.
Not knowing what else to do, Harry reached out for Draco.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 1:20 pm 

Harry’s grip on his wrist did hurt quite a bit but the pain really was the leave of Draco’s concerns. He had never actually experienced someone else having night terrors and the complete feeling of hopelessness really did him in.
Relieved to finally get some indication from Harry on what to do, Draco scooted closer to Harry on the bed and wrapped his arms softly around him; not wanting to startle him.
“You okay?” He asked in a soft voice, barely higher than a whisper. He feared that Harry was in pain or had managed to accidentally hurt himself through his cramps.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2019 12:35 pm 

Harry felt inexplicably grateful to reach out for something and to find that it was actually there; at the realisation that somebody was there with him another sob shuddered through him.
Pressing his face against Draco's chest, Harry returned the embrace with desperation, his arms wrapping around Draco's waist. Harry inhaled a shaky breath, slowly awake enough to actively attempt to calm his breathing.
"I miss him so much," Harry muttered, turning his cheek against Draco's skin, his eyes still firmly shut and teary.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:47 pm 

Now that Harry was actually conscious, it was a lot easier for Draco to take action. It was a lot easier to comfort Harry in a situation like this than it had been trying to break him out of his own nightmares.
Allowing Harry to hide his face in his naked chest, Draco simply held onto Harry, softly carding his fingers through his hair. He didn’t really know what to say to that, but he also didn’t feel like he could just say nothing.
“I know,” was what he ended up settling on, knowing that it wasn’t a huge comfort but it was all that he had to give.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 6:21 pm 

When Harry was stirred awake it quickly became painfully obvious that he had had a terrible night. His body felt like every limb weighed a tonne, making him feel like he was sinking, as he turned his head towards Draco.
Exhausted, he let out a groan, having yet to open his yes. He felt more exhausted now than he did going to bed. His mind was barely working well enough to fully grasp why.
"Good morning," he hummed, sinking further into his pillow.
Blindly, he reached Draco. By the way the mattress dipped Harry could tell Draco was sitting up and there was nothing Harry wanted more than to pull him back to bed. "Why are you awake already?"

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 2:33 pm 

Being use to waking early, even after a horrific night, Draco had woken up way before Harry, who in turn had shown no signs of waking any time soon. Figuring that he would have to entertain himself for a couple of hours, he had decided to make himself some coffee and get back to bed with a book.
He had just decided that he would go wake up Teddy and get him breakfast, leaving Harry with a bit more time to sleep, when his boyfriend started moving.
“Good morning,” Draco said with a warm smile, putting his book away and leaning down to kiss Harry’s forehead. “I was just about to go wake up Teddy and get him some breakfast. Do you want coffee? I just made a pot.”

PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 6:55 pm 

Harry just blinked at that, having barely enough energy to squint Draco into focus.
"What?" he just asked, having perfectly heard Draco's words. More than anything he was surprised at Draco's alertness in what, according to the exhaustion still hin Harry's bones, must have been an ungodly early hour.
When Draco leaned away, Harry's hand instinctively reached out for him, clumsily and in a poor angle reaching out for the nape of Draco's neck.
"Don't -" Stretching to cross the distance, Harry placed a kiss to Draco's lips. When Harry slumped back into the pillow, his hand moved down to Draco's shoulder blade, only in the very back of his mind realizing Draco was already dressed. Regardless, he added a, "Lie back down a little, I feel awful."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:54 pm 

Draco couldn’t help but grin when Harry pulled him back down to the bed. They didn’t have all the time in the world, Draco knew that Teddy needed to go to school, but he was up rather early and had a bit of time to give.
“Alright, but not for too long,” he stated, lying down next to Harry and wrapping an arm loosely around his waist, nuzzling his face into Harry’s neck. It seemed silly to lie back down after having already been up, but after the night they had had, Draco figured that they both needed this.
“I know that Teddy has to go to school and you can’t spend all day in bed either.”

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:27 am 

Once he felt Draco’s muscles give in to his tugs, Harry was practically already drifting off. Willingly, he wrapped his arm around Draco’s back.
He exhaled deeply at the feeling and weight of Draco’s body against his own. Though Harry was certain Draco was speaking a lot of sense, Harry could barely hear him.
“Did I dream tonight?” he eventually said, after several long moments of verging on the brink of sleep. He didn’t open his eyes, but his hand started moving on Draco’s back, hovering so that only his fingertips touched the other. Lying like this Harry barely needed Draco’s answer; he could feel that he had.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 2:42 pm 

The question surprised Draco, not wanting to make Harry feel bad about the night terrors, but also knowing that there would be no point in lying to him. Softly caressing Harry’s chest, letting his fingers run in circles over the fabric of his t-shirt, Draco carefully weighed his words before answering.
“You did, yeah,” he said in a soft voice, keeping close to Harry and just wanting to make him feel comfortable and at ease. “Gave me a quite a fright.”

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:49 pm 

Harry let out a deep exhale, the tension still residing deep in his core making it come out shaky. When he had no more air in his lungs to breathe out, Harry muttered a low, "I'm sorry."
He was. Harry felt awful for whatever he had put Draco through, and even more for not remembering what he said or did. The war still had such a tight hold of him and Harry had just gotten used to that; he had, however, not expected ever being with anybody who would be able to put his terrors into their correct context.
Not knowing how to express any of that, Harry again rested the palm of his hand against Draco's back. Though hurting, Harry's voice was relaxed and distant as if in a dream. "I should have said something."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 8:34 am 

“Don’t,” Draco said in a soft voice, refusing to allow Harry to feel guilty about this. It wasn’t something he could help after all and they both had scars after the war. Harry didn’t owe Draco anything, not even things that he already sorta knew about.
“The war did us all dirty,” he said, leaning up to press a soft kiss to Harry’s jaw, wanting to comfort him in any way possible. He knew that Harry had dated muggles since the war, so it was only natural that he didn’t think to tell Draco about it, even if Draco already knew the cause.
“I can handle it.”

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2019 4:24 am 

Harry exhaled under the feeling of Draco's lips against his skin; the kiss made Harry's eyes flutter, but they remained closed, finding that this was a conversation that was easier to have while in the dark.
"You shouldn't have to," he said, softly. Blindly, he tipped his head to one side, releaved to feel how his chin brushed against Draco's hair.
"It's a lot to -" he started, but his voice became airy as he didn't know where the sentence ought to end. In the end, he refrased, tipping his head so that his lips could brush against Draco's scalp. "I know it's a lot."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 43, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48, 49 ... 51  Next