All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:04 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Another burst of laughter left Draco at that. Like sure, he looked somewhat like a thug, but his haircut honestly looked like something done by a child, and it was a little endearing. "A thug who's 5-year old little brother did their hair," he said, not even attempting to be polite, nor professional, anymore. Harry was finding it funny as well, so he decided that he was allowed to be amused by the situation.
"I'll cut it even for you, so you won't have to deal with it looking wonky while growing out, okay?" He offered, as he got his wand from the strap in his coat. Like most other wizards, he always had his wand on him. Most of it was just convenience, but a part of him also wanted to be prepared in case something happened. Something bad. "So, if you are done staring at yourself, then I'll get to it."

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:18 pm 

"Thanks, man," Harry breathed, shifting his position so that he was sitting across the bed instead of lengthwise, turning his back towards Draco. Harry had lowered the mirror to his lap, yet continued looking at his reflection in the window across from him. "Honestly, I can't say if that 5 year old was Ron or I," he started. "I'd say Ron; I'd like to think I could do better myself." In contrary to Harry, Ron didn't grow much of a beard, and Harry just assumed that Ron had had trouble with the shaving spell Harry had suggested.
"I'm sure it was my idea, though," he added after a moment of silence. His eyes had been lingering on the white blur that was his car in the mirror, and instead shifted his gaze to the reflection of Draco behind him. "Never liked my hair much, and I think we just figured that a buzz cut would be better than having a retreating hairline on just one of my temples," he grinned.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 9:28 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

It's honestly strange to him to know just how little the two of them have changed. Even with the war and everything, then they still seemed like they were the same guys they were back at Hogwarts. He didn't really know what it was, maybe it was just France, but he felt like he had moved a whole lot since they last saw each other. It's strange how things goes. "I do not doubt it," he said, as he started working on Harry's hair. He hadn't seen anything wrong with the hair Harry came to the hospital with, except for the fact that it was soaked with blood. However, people are allowed to experiment.
"At least now it will actually look like a buzz cut, and not a sad attempt to get chewing gum out of your hair," he said with a weak smile, concentrating on getting the buzz cut even all over Harry's scalp. It was quite a mission, seeing as the scalp was uneven, due to the scarring. Draco knew what he was doing though, and he was confident that it was going to look good.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 8:59 am 

Harry laughed at Draco's comment, but the feeling of the other's fingers against his scalp and neck made a chill run down his spine, and he forgot whatever he had intended to answer. In contrary to Muggle shavers, the spell cut his hair without a sound, and suddenly, the room felt silent. Harry could still hear the hospital putter around, and he wondered whether there had been a silencing charm cast around his room during the night, for if he just didn't notice. Other than that, Harry had a hard time focusing his thoughts, as Draco once a while turned Harry's head slightly to one side or the other. Compared to when Ron had cut his hair, this felt strangely intimate, and Harry caught himself holding his breath a couple of times.
"So where'd you do?" Harry finally spoke, as Draco was shaving his neck. Harry was looking down on the ground in front of him, and he could feel his heartbeat on his chin. "I'm sorry, I can't remember if you've already told me."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 10:54 am 

The question honestly just further emphasized how gone Harry had been the day before, but he was happy to answer the question anyway. After all, he had not beef with Harry, so it would be weird to not just answer the question. "Paris," he said, gently running his fingers over Harry's scalp to make sure that's it's an even cut. "My mother and I figured that it would be better if we left the country for a bit, at least while my father is still in Azkaban," he said with a shrug. "Took my entire healer education in Paris," he continued, figuring that talking will calm Harry down a little.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:09 pm 

Harry's breath became shaky the moments when Draco's fingers once again brushed against his freshly cut hair. It was a foreign (yet pleasant) sensation, and once again a chill ran down his spine that made his shoulders tense slightly. "Makes sense," he exhaled softy, a couple of seconds later. Paris made sense to Harry - possibly because he had most likely had already been told.
Harry felt silent for another moment trying to gather his thoughts; this showed to be much easier when Draco moved on, breaking the contact between them. Harry exhaled once again as he straightened his neck, and looking slightly to the side, his eyes found Draco. "You've been good, then?" he asked, unsure how to phrase it. Harry's hand found its way to his neck, running his palm across his hair, and as he did, he decided that he should have phrased it were yo happy there?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:54 pm 

Draco shrugged at the question, not really feeling like there was a lot to talk about. "Yeah, I've been good," he replied, stepping away from Harry, and putting his wand back in its strap. "And now you look like a human being again," he said with a soft smile. Luckily, it was a pretty easy job to save. He has had to save some rather horrid haircuts for friends before, so he knows the struggle. "Let me give you a little piece of advice. Never let Ron Weasley cut your hair again."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:25 pm 

Harry was about to comment on Draco's brief answer, but his own laughter cut him off. With a smile still on his lips, Harry ran his hand across his scalp, ruffling hair that was no longer there.
"Only if you promise not to let me see him next time I'm drugged," he answered with a grin, as he let his hands fall from his hair to instead have another look in the mirror. Once again he turned his head and the mirror accordingly to his sightlines, and Harry raised his brows, as he suddenly became aware of the way the scar pulled slightly at his skin when he gestured. "It's much better," he said, when he realized that he had been silent for a while, and his eyes flickered towards Draco with a smile.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 5:39 pm 

"I'll make sure to note that Ronald Weasley isn't allowed in your room, as long as you are drugged," Draco stated in a professional voice. However, he quickly cracked into a soft grin, so that Harry knew he was joking. It was nice with a little banter between them. It made things seem less awkward, and he really needed that. He had really hoped that he wouldn't run into anyone, but if it had to be someone, then he prefers it being Harry.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:34 pm 

Harry just smiled softly as an answer, and instead turned his eyes back onto the mirror. Draco had once before made a comment on how intrigued Harry was of his reflection, but more than adoration, he looked at himself trying to take it all in. "It's so weird," he breathed. "I mean, it's much better, but I can hardly recognize myself."
That was of coursean exaggeration; Harry assumed that Draco knew that - Harry would be able to recognize his scar no matter how the rest of him looked. With his eyes still lingering on the scar in the reflection, Harry turned his head slightly to get a look of the new injury. The fresh scarring looked pink and puffy in contrary to the pale white scar that covered his face, and this made him grin. "My friends are gonna be so surprised. Ginny's gonna hate it, I already know that." He turned his head slightly to properly face the mirror again, and he raised his eyes to look at Draco across the frame. "I feel like I make a much more intimidating Auror, though, don't you think?"

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:43 pm 

Draco didn't really buy that. Harry had a some very clearly distinguishable features after all, so it was impossible not to recognise him. The scar alone gave him away most of the time. It did do something rather dramatic to how he looked though, and Draco wasn't opposed to it exactly. It really suited him, even if it also made the scar much more visible. "You look much more adult," he said with a shrug, which really was the truth. It's not that Harry looked like a child before, but it did do something to his appearance. Something very pleasant. And something Draco really should stop thinking about right this instant. "I think it'll help a lot in your job, yeah."

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:36 pm 

Harry grinned, and nodded slowly. "Adult's good," he commented, as he reached Draco the mirror for him to put it back to wherever he had found it. "I'm a kid compared to some of the Aurors I work with, really," he felt like he needed to add. Draco seemed to be in his right element here, and Harry knew it was because his position was earned. Harry himself too often felt out of place, well aware that his current position was given to him without having given it much thought. For a moment he pondered this, before once again starting to nod. As his eyes once again focused on Draco, Harry smiled once again. "Adult's good, thank man."

It had been a few days since Harry had been released of St. Mungo's. Actually, this was his fourth day out, and his first day back at work. Harry had taken his last potion yesterday morning, and Draco had said that 24 hours was enough for the active ingredients to pass. So, Harry had spend his first sober day doing some terribly slow paperwork at his office, and had come directly back to St. Mungo's.
He was still wearing his motorcycle jacket, his cheeks flushed by the cold air as he reached the nurse's station that had signed him off.
"Hello, mr. Potter," the nurse greeted him, already in the progress of finding his file. "Do you have an appointment with Healer Malfoy?"
"Um, no, actually I don't," Harry answered him, suddenly realising that that might have been a good idea. "I was hoping I could get to speak with him, if only a couple of minutes," he continued, his eyes trailing off down the hall, uncontentiously scratching the week old stubble on his chin.
When Harry once again looked at the nurse, he was looking at another schedule, and a female nurse was smiling at Harry. "Your haircut really suits you, Mr. Potter," she commented with a smile. Harry just laughed by the unexpected compliment, but before he could thank her, she had left and the male nurse was once again looking at him. "He should be in his office now, but it's hard to tell. It's the third door to the left down the hall," he directed Harry, and with a nod and a thanks, Harry set off.
As the previous and following doors, Draco's was made of glass, but the blinds were closed, and Harry awkwardly looked around him, before he gently knocked on the door with his knuckles.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 8:04 pm 

"Come in," Draco muttered, not looking up from the paperwork he was doing. He almost never locked the door to his office while he was in it, but he preferred to keep his blinders shut. He didn't know who thought that it had been a good idea to build offices with glass walls, but he would like to meet that person, so that he could personally slap them in the face. Other than the huge design flaw that was glass walls, then Draco really liked his office. He spent an awful lot of time in it, so he had tried to make it as nice as humanly possibly, while still keeping it professional. The only really personal thing he had in his office was a picture of himself and his mother, whereas the rest of the office more or less looked like something from a magazine.
It was a couple of days since they had let Harry Potter out, and Draco had busied himself with work, so that he wouldn't start doing stupid stuff; like thinking about how Harry never did invite him out. It wasn't even like Draco had time to date anyone, or even wanted to. He had to focus on his job, and on getting better at his job. If he didn't years of hard work would have been wasted, and he refused to let himself do that. Maybe it was a little sad that the only person he regularly communicated with, who wasn't a co-worker, was his mum, but that was a decision he had made, when he had decided to become a healer.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:21 pm 

Harry once again looked down the hall when Draco spoke, trying to gather whatever thoughts he had in mind. With a few moments of delay, Harry opened the glass door. His free hand rested against the doorway, as he took half a step inside. "Hi," he exhaled, but his lips remained parted as if he had intended to continue. Draco was clearly in the middle of some paperwork, and the fact that the reality Draco being busy hadn't crossed his mind made Harry feel foolish. "I'm sorry, is this a bad time?"
Harry finally let go of the handle, yet his other hand remained on the doorway, unsure whether it would be a bother to make this anything else than a doorway conversation.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:01 am 

Draco looked up from his paperwork, and saw Harry standing in his doorway. He put his quill away, and got out of his chair. "It's no worry, do come in," he said, feeling a little worried about seeing Harry back at the hospital. There was no reason for the man to be back at the hospital, so Draco figured that it was because he wasn't feeling well. "Are you okay? Have you experienced headaches, vertigo or nausea since leaving? Maybe even nosebleeds again?" He asked, immediately going to his role as a healer. He just wanted to make sure that Harry was still feeling well.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 5:49 pm 

For a moment, Harry appeared overwhelmed by all the questions regarding his health, and he opened and closed his mouth without speaking. The possibility of being anything but fine hadn't crossed his mind. "No, nothing," he eventually answered, though he wasn't sure if he could repeat the symptoms, Draco had described, if asked. "I'm fine, really. I've even been back to work and all."
A smile momentarily lit up Harry's face, before his eyes flickered from Draco to the office door, as he entered the room and closed the door behind him. Harry took a step forward, but as Draco had done the same, they had ended up closer than Harry had expected them to.
"I, uh - it was actually something else I wanted to talk to you about, if you have the time -" Harry figured Draco had the time for if, otherwise he'd expect Draco to already have said it, and therefore Harry continued without getting an answer. Breathing in, Harry frowned slightly as he looked for any reaction in Draco's features. "I never had a chance to follow up on buying you that coffee."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:08 am 

The question surprised Draco quite a lot. He had honestly forgotten all about that, and had managed to just write it off as Harry being heavily drugged on all kinds of potions. He really hadn't expected him to return, least of all days after having been checked out of the hospital. It felt weird to leave the role of healer behind, and having to talk to Harry as a private person. It didn't help that Draco hadn't dated for ages, and honestly was very content being single.
However, Harry was a nice guy, and he figured that coffee didn't have to mean anything other than friendship. Friends go for coffee all the time, and it's no problem at all. He didn't even know why he was making such a big deal out of it. It wasn't like Harry had asked him to marry him or something.
"Oh, I thought you had forgotten about that," he admitted, figuring that he just as well could play with his cards open right from the start. "But sure, that sounds nice. I'd like that."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:59 pm 

A genuinely pleased smile pulled the left corner of Harry's mouth upward, making his scar crinkle slightly. However, as quickly as the smile appeared it disappeared when he licked his bottom lip in an hesitation. "No, yea, I hadn't, but you we're right. I was really drugged, and ..." Harry exhaled deeply, searching for the words to end the sentence, and he met Draco's eyes with a small grin. "- I think I came across as obnoxious and rude, and I didn't want to put you through that again. Then I'd rather wait 'til I had detoxed."
For a moment Harry paused, looking at Draco as if he was trying to think of something he had forgottong, a slight frown forming as the seconds passed by. "Didn't regret asking you, though," he finally added, meeting Draco's eyes with renewed focus and a smile to match. "Not at any point."

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:01 pm 

The situation suddenly seemed extremely... intimate, for some reason. Harry seemed so sincere in his words, and it all seemed overwhelming to Draco, who was unused to being treated like this. It was a little difficult to wrap his head around, and he was probably just standing there, looking at Harry for way longer than what is considered socially acceptable. It took him a while to shake himself out of his reverie, but when he finally did, he managed to produce a sheepish smile at Harry. They were going to go for coffee as friends, and it wasn't going to be more than that.
"Oh, well," he said, trying not to seem as awkward as he feels. He took a small step away from Harry, suddenly feeling a little suffocated in his small office. He wasn't even sure what made it so, but Harry suddenly felt too close, and he just needed a little space between the two of them, so he could get to think for a bit. "Well, I am glad," he said, as he went back to his desk, and started scribbling something down on a piece of paper. "Here is my phone number. Then you can text me when and where, yeah?"

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:32 pm 

Harry seemed genuinely surprised by Draco's words, and he was just about to ask Draco to repeat himself, until he eyed the 11 digits of a London, muggle phonenumber scribbled neatly on a scrap piece of paper. "You have a muggle phone?" he couldn't help but ask, obviously surprised. Draco had slipped it into the conversation so discretely that it had almost gone unnoticed, and Harry couldn't help but look at Draco with a smile. Draco Malfoy owning a muggle cellphone was probably the last thing Harry would ever have imagined. "I hope you dont mind me asking, but how come?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 51  Next