All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:55 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Blog: View Blog (0)

Draco honestly hadn't really thought about it as a big deal, he had just assumed that Harry had a muggle phone as well. It probably seemed weird that he of all people had one though, but it was purely for professional reasons. In Paris it was normal praxis to have a muggle phone as a healer, mostly for their muggleborn or halfblood patients. He had decided to keep the phone in London for the same purpose. "It's common for healers in Paris to have a muggle phone, so I decided to keep it when I got to London," he stated with a soft shrug. It's practical, mostly in regard to magical people, who made their daily business in muggle London.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:23 pm 

Harry just nodded, clearly both surprised and impressed. "Makes sense," he said, though he wasn't quite sure if it did, and he had half a mind to ask who Draco was texting from his muggle phone. Seeing as Harry had just moment prior apologized for being rude, things of course never came to that, so he just nodded once again, lifting the paper slip up to an eye level.
"I'll text you then," he said, getting a weird sense of déjà-vu from prior muggle coffeedates. Putting the paper into the pocket of his jacket, Harry took a half step backwards, turning his upper body slightly towards the door. "I'll let you get back to work," he said as a closing remark, as he reached for the door handle to leave.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:38 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco nodded softly at that, feeling pretty weird about the situation. He was actually going for coffee with Harry Potter, and he was actually excited about it. Or, he hoped that that was what that knot in his stomach meant. He honestly didn't know how to feel about it all, but he wanted to believe that it didn't have to mean a lot. It was just coffee, and they were just friends. It was all going to be okay, and he really needed to relax about the situation. "Yeah, I'll see you around," he said in a soft voice, looking after Harry as he left the office.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:02 pm 

Somehow, time had gotten away from Harry that afternoon, and before he knew of it, he was running late for coffee with Draco. As a habit, Harry had suggested a place in down town Muggle London, which in retrospect meant that he didn't have any way to get there quickly by magic - which as a consequence ment that Harry would be an additional 15 minutes late.
By the time Harry had dropped Teddy off at the Ministry (Hermione had offered to look after him for the day, not asking any questions about Harry's plans) and he had parked Sirius's motorcycle, his watch told him to be almost 40 minutes late. Entering the coffee shop at the 46-minutes-late-mark, Harry felt his heart sink when he didn't spot the recognisable white hair among the crowd. Awkwardly standing in the entrance, Harry glanced at his wrist watch for the twentieth time this last hour. It was, in fact, 16:48, and at this point Harry didn't have any expectations that Draco would be an hour late too.
Annoyed with his own tardiness and seeming lack of order in his life, Harry's throat went dry and for once having the afternoon away from Teddy, he eventually went to the counter to order something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2016 6:55 pm 

Why they had decided to meet in a muggle café was a mystery to Draco, but after having thought properly about it, he concluded that it was probably for the better. People were after all much less likely to recognise them in a muggle café, and then they won't have to answer any awkward questions. He doubted that Harry had thought about all of that though, but he might surprise him.
Draco was early, arriving at the café at 15:49, all in good time for their meet-up at 16:00. Tardiness was not one of his flaws, it wasn't something he could afford in his profession, and he generally didn't appreciate people being late for appointments either. This was also why he was pleased to spot Harry almost the second he entered the café. He was a it surprised to see Harry in the line already, but seeing as he was at the end of the line, he figured that he would just go join him. Seemed easier that way after all.
"Someone's early," he stated, as he went to stand next to Harry in the line.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 8:30 am 

Harry appeared to be genuinely startled by Draco's presence, especially since he hadn't though that greeting could possibly have been directed at him. Harry turned slightly to face Draco by his side, and he frowned as he with his mouth slightly opened tried to gather his surprise to an answer. "Early? I'm super late- you're late, too," he clumsily managed to answer, looking down at his wrist watch. "It's almost five, I thought you had already left," he exhaled in confusion.
Harry couldn't think of a good reason for Draco to be an hour late, and as he finally met Draco's eyes again, Harry's frown disappeared, instead raising his brows. "You haven't been waiting for me, have you? Draco, I'm so sorry, I don't know how I managed to be this late-"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:25 pm 

Draco frowned at the ramblings of the other man. He checked his watch again, wanting to make sure that he had not read it wrong, or something like that. His watch only confirmed what he had read earlier, that it's only ten minutes to four. He looked up at Harry again, obviously very confused by the words coming out of his mouth.
"Harry, relax," he said in a calm voice. It surprised him that Harry even cared this much about being late, but it was also somewhat comforting. It felt nice to be taken seriously outside his line of work for once. "It's only ten minutes to four. You are ten minutes early," he said in a soft voice, tilting his head a little to the side. He had no clue how Harry had gotten the time so wrong, but it was endearing to see him that frazzled about being late.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 5:10 pm 

Harry mimicked Draco's gesture and looked at his watch once again. It turned 5:01pm as he was looking at it, but the way Draco insisted on that fact that it was four o'clock made Harry abandon his words, and instead he inhaled and exhales. As he exhaled, his eyes once again met Draco's. "My watch must be off," he said trying to verbally dismiss his own confusion, and a toothy smile followed the statement. "Hi," he then continued, in a different tone. Harry unconsciously took a step forward, following the fine as it moved. "I'm sorry I almost started without you," he grinned apologetic.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2016 6:06 pm 

Draco followed the line as well, smiling at the sudden change in Harry. The dark-haired man seemed to light up upon realising that neither of them were late, and maybe upon realising that they were actually doing this. "It's okay. I am certain that I would have done the same, if I had thought you were the one to be an hour late," he said with a shrug, even if he knew that it was a lie. If people were more than half an hour late to appointments with him, then he just left. He did not have time to wait that long for anyone. "But we are both here now, so all is well," he stated with a polite smile.

View Likes PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:10 pm 

Harry smiled at Draco's words, but he still felt the tardiness in his stomach, seemingly unable to shake the feeling just like that. "How've you been? You've been busy?" he continued nevertheless, his eyes lingering on Draco with obvious interest. Harry was beyond curious about what Draco had been up to after the war, but for now, asking about the past week felt more appropriate. Though his smile faded a bit, there was still a sincerity about his interest. "As far as I've heard there hasn't been any Aurors at St. Mungo's since I was there -" a crooked grin appeared once more "- so far, the record for the longest time without any hospitalized Aurors is at 13 days, and we're trying to beat that."

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:13 pm 

Draco couldn't help but smile softly at the comment. It was true though, they had not had any aurors in the past week, but he knew that that could easily change. "I'll have to see that before I believe it," he said with a soft smile, trying not to feel too overwhelmed by Harry's interest. After all, it was pretty normal to show interest in the person you were talking with, especially when they had been separated for this long. "But nothing interesting going on, I usually depend on your men for that," he added. It was pretty much the truth though. Their most interesting patients were usually aurors or attached to the ministry in some other way.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:32 pm 

Harry chuckled and instinctively looked away from Draco as he did so. He cast an unfocused smile towards the counter, and the woman who was standing between them and it. "Well, it's a large department," he felt the need to explan, as he once again eyed Draco with a smile. He looked at Draco in silence for a moment, before seemiling remembering something. "They're very impressed with the haircut, though," he added, his eyebrows slightly raised. "They seem to agree that I actually look like their boss, so congratulations on that."

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 6:03 am 

Draco nodded softly at the compliment, not really sure how to feel about it. They were right though, Harry did look a lot more like the head of an auror branch, and the buzz cut actually really suited him. "I am almost never wrong, so I knew that," he stated with a confident smirk. He still wasn't quite sure where they were standing, but he was going to try out his limits a bit. After all, if this was going to become a regular thing, then he really needed to know where he was standing with Harry, especially when so much time had passed.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 4:36 pm 

Harry scoffed, a smile in his eyes as his hand instinctively found the back of his head. He had actually been very pleased with the haircut, though he had received mixed reactions by his closest friends - however, and most importantly, Teddy had been thrilled.
"Well, it wasn't quite your idea, now was it?" Harry finally retorted, his brow slightly furrowed, and though there was an edge to his words, Harry was still all smiles as he let his hand fall. The eye contact was however brief, and before he could hear Draco's answer, the woman in front of them moved away, and Harry turned his smile to the man behind the counter.
"Uh, just a black coffee," he answered the barista, for a moment unsure of his order, and he shook his head when asked if it should be a large. Harry actually preferred his coffee with milk, but he found that none of the cafe au lait he tried out was to his liking, and he rarely wanted to go through the hassle it was so order it more specifically. Harry glanced towards Draco, his eyebrows slightly raised in a question.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:21 pm 

"Do you have soy or almond milk?" Draco asked, wanting to be sure that he doesn't get anything that'll kill him. "Then I'd like an almond latte," he ordered, when the barista told him that they had both. He turned to look at Harry again, smiling politely at him. He didn't know what to expect from this outing, but he figured that expecting nothing was the correct way to go about it. They were just going to be drinking their coffee, catch up on old times, and then go their separate ways. It didn't have to mean anything, and he had to calm down.
"But also, while the haircut wasn't my idea, then it was me who saved it," he said with a smile and a shrug. It's easy to talk about the haircut. It's something that was funny, and an easy thing to reference. He only hoped that the rest of their afternoon would be as easy and comfortable.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:14 pm 

Harry just scoffed at Draco's answer, but decided to leave that at that as he stepped to the side to the register. His eyes flickered briefly towards Draco as he ordered, and his eyes rested on him for a second with a slight wonder. He was just about to speak as the barista joined him at the register, and Harry just nodded as the barista signaled if they would be paying together.
"Have you gone vegan since I saw you last?" Harry asked, his eyes once again finding Draco as he handed the barista a ten pund note. Harry hadn't noticed Draco avoiding animal products in the past - but then again, he never had the interest in noticing. Harry's flickered once again as he received the change, but he once again turned towards Draco with a smile, seemingly unable to keep his eyes off of him.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 8:57 am 

Draco frowned for a moment, before realising that Harry had no way of knowing of his allergies. Sure, he knew that he looked like the type the go vegan, but he honestly didn't really have the patience for it. You had to take way too much care, and it was not at all worth the hassle. "I am lactose intolerant," he stated with a shrug, and a soft shake of his head. "Pansy wanted me to go vegan with her once, but I told her to keep her crazy model stuff far away from me. I do not want to be involved," he added, smiling softly. He figured that Harry hadn't heard from Pansy through all these years, just like Draco hadn't heard from any of the Gryffindors, nor most of the Slytherins for that matter, but that wasn't the point.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2016 5:52 pm 

Harry seemed surprised by that, but not knowing how to respond to that, he just nodded, thankful for the fact that Draco didn't linger around it. "You're still close?" he commented instead. Pansy Parkinson was one of the few Slytherins form his year he knew what was doing these 5 years later - after all, she was a prominent figure in her industry.
"I mean, in spite of France and all -" Harry trailed off, as he turned towards the barista who reached them their coffees. "Or," he added once more, as he turned to Draco with their coffees in hand. It was clear that Harry had realized the Muggle undertones of his question, as he figured that such a distance isn't as big a hindrance between wizards as it is between Muggles. "You know what i mean," he concluded with a grin, as he offered Draco his latte.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2016 4:49 am 

Draoc hummed and nodded, accepting the coffee that was handed to him. "Yeah, she wouldn't just let me disappear. I swear, I had no choice in the matter," he said with a weak smile. Even if it sounded like a joke, then it was very much the truth. He had tried to cut every single person from England out of his life, but Pansy would have none of it. She had even gone as far as to show up in Paris, just to get him to respond to her owls. "She can be very persuasive when there's something she wants," he stated with a soft grin, as he started looking for somewhere for them to sit.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:23 pm 

Though Harry had a hard time following Draco's reasoning, Draco's grin still managed to make Harry smile. In contrary to Draco, Harry had since the war gone out of his way to keep in touch with as many of his friends as possible, and just the thought of leaving the few persons he had left made his throat go dry. "I don't doubt it," he eventually said, a small smile in the corners of his mouth. He sendt Draco a quick glance with a more encouraging smile appearing on his lips, as he nodded towards an table that had just cleared up.
As Harry sat down, his eyes once again found their way to Draco, and they rested on the other with interest as he sat down across from him. "I hear she's doing very well," he said, a bit uncertain what was appropriate to bring up, as he raised the cup of coffee to his lips to take a sip. Harry's thoughts were, however, still lingering on Draco's choice of quickly leaving the country after the war. Though Harry perfectly understood why, the harsh ending to - well, whatever it was - had hit him harder than he would like to admit, and he couldn't even begin to imagine the loss people closer to Draco must have felt, when he actively chose not to be a part of their lives anymore.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 51  Next