All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 51  Next
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:41 pm 

Blog: View Blog (0)

Harry took out another cup of coffee for Draco, though he figured his used cup was probably somewhere around the flat; seeing as it wasn't within reach, Draco got a new one.
Once he poured himself a cup and had poured some soy milk into a pot to heat it on the stove for Draco, Harry stood a couple of moments watching Draco and Teddy on a distance. Teddy didn't seem bothered by the unusual situation, and was just focused on the cartoons on the screen in front of him. Therefore, Harry decided against joining the two of them on the couch.
"Draco," he called softly, waving the other towards him. Harry didn't want to make a big deal of anything, and already at that point he decided that, if Teddy reacted too, then this could wait.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 12:05 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Upon hearing his name, Draco turned his head to look at Harry in the kitchen. Once seeing the look on the other's face, he realised that Harry probably wanted to talk to him and not just get his attention. Teddy seemed completely absorbed by his cartoon, so Draco figured that it wouldn't harm if he got up to join Harry in the kitchen.
"Yeah?" He replied in a soft voice, briefly looking over at Teddy to make sure that he didn't hear anything. He doubted that Harry was going to make a big deal of it, especially when Teddy basically was in the same room, but he could steal feel a knot of nerves in his stomach. He didn't know what this was going to mean for his and Harry's relationship.

Share on FacebookShare on TwitterShare on RedditShare on VKShare on TumblrShare on Google+Share on MySpace
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:15 pm 

Harry's eyes lingered on Teddy even as Draco moved closer, only looking at the other when Harry was certain that Teddy didn't react. Even while looking at Draco, Harry seemed absent for the first couple of seconds, absentmindedly glancing towards Teddy.
When he finally gathered his thoughts enough to properly look at Draco, his heart was beating so fast it made him feel like he was out of breath.
"Thank you," Harry exhaled as genuinely as he could muster. There was a small twitch n the corner of his mouth, and an equally small twitch in his posture. His eyes briefly flickered towards Draco's lips, before awkwardly turning to attend the milk, having to reconsider reaching out to kiss Draco.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 4:05 pm 

This body is a vessel for my mayhem and as long as I can perform bafoonery it doesn’t matter if this stomach is flat or not

Draco frowned softly at that, not really sure what Harry even was thanking him for. He hadn't done anything worth thanking, other than making sure that Teddy got some breakfast, and seeing as Harry didn't want them to meet yet, then he couldn't see what is really worth thanking.
"What for?" He asked in a soft voice, not wanting Teddy to get suspicious. There was no reason to make a scene about it after all, even if the situation was less than ideal and he just assumed that Harry agreed to that. Teddy didn't know what Draco was to Harry after all, and to be quite frank, then Draco wasn't entirely sure either, he just knew that he really liked Harry and that he would like to keep spending time with him.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:04 pm 

"I don't know," Harry breathed without much hesitation; more than anything he seemed surprised, as he picked up the pot of milk from the stove to instead place it on a chopping block on the counter. "Why do you always have to question my gratitude?"
Harry's eyes flickered towards Draco, and the vague smile on his lips reaffirmed that his words weren't spoken out of irritation, but rather to avoid phrasing an actual explanation. He just felt thankful for Draco's presence an how he had dealt with the curve ball.
The glance was brief, and, within split seconds, Harry's eyes were yet again on the coffee in front of him. He poured coffee into both mugs - one to the brim, the other leaving room for the soy milk, which promptly followed suit.
Silently, Harry picked up his cup, pushing the milk coffee in Draco's direction.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:44 pm 

The question brought a soft smile to Draco's lips as he took the cup between his hands, feeling comforted by the warmth of it. He was still uncertain on where he and Harry were standing, but he figured that they weren't on rocky ground, not with how Harry was smiling and joking with him already.
"You can't just thank me for nothing. I know that I am amazing, but I need to know why you find me amazing," he stated before taking a sip from his coffee, even if it was a little too warm to really drink from yet. It was still so new to Draco, but he was trying to very hard and he knew that Harry was too. The hardest part was definitely that Teddy was a part of the equation as well, but Draco knew that he could get used to it, it was just going to take some time.
"Really though, it was the least I could do. He is a sweet kid," Draco stated with a soft smile, looking down at his coffee instead of at Harry, mostly because he knew fully well knew that Teddy could turn around and look at them any second and he doubted that they were there yet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2017 6:50 am 

Harry scoffed at Draco's answer, the sound slightly muffled by the cup at his lips as he turned to watch Teddy across the counter. The child seemed unbothered by the moment of solitude, and Harry allowed himself to relax. He finally took a sip of his coffee, glancing at Draco over rim as the other complimented Teddy.
"Yeah," Harry agreed in a soft exhale, once again turning to look at his godson. Their situation was going to change, Harry very well knew that. He would have to offer both Teddy and Ginny an explanation, and at time being that seemed daunting; more than anything because Harry didn't really know what to say.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:50 pm 

Draco watched Harry as the other watched Teddy, smiling softly at the fond expression i his face. Even if Harry wasn't Teddy's biological parent, he was very much his father nonetheless and it filled Draco with a warm feeling that he didn't know how to explain. He had feared that he would feel uncomfortable or awkward with Teddy around, but the child's easy acceptance of him only served to further confirm what he already knew that he was feeling for Harry. It wasn't all easy though, seeing as he still had no idea what him and Harry were even supposed to be, but that would have to be a talk for another time.
"Anyway, now that you're awake I should probably head out. I bet that you want to spend some time with Teddy me I have surgery to prepare for," he stated and while it wasn't a lie then it wasn't entirely truthful either. He mostly wanted to leave due to not knowing what to do in the situation and he knew that him and Harry wouldn't be able to talk it through with a teddy that close. "But if you want, then we can go for lunch sometime this week. It's been a while."

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 2:19 pm 

Harry looked over at Draco when he spoke, and, though there was nothing he wanted more than for Draco to stick around, he found himself nodding.
"Yeah, lets," Harry breathed. Somewhere in the back of his mind, Harry was relieved by the fact that Draco had both an excuse to leave and one to see him again; they both knew they had to talk, but scheduling time for that seemed daunting. Yet again, Harry nodded. "Thank you again."
Harry briefly glanced towards Teddy. He initially looked over at the kid to see if he was following the conversation, only to find him completely absorbed by a deep sea documentary. Slightly encouraged by that, Harry once again looked at Draco. Almost childishly, Harry reached out to take Draco's hand.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2017 5:01 pm 

Draco almost felt giddy about Harry taking his hand, which was silly, seeing as they usually were a lot more touchy than that. However, there was something about Harry taking his hand in front of Teddy, even if the kid seemed absorbed with the television. It almost felt a little too domestic, but it was in the best way possible. It was still an odd situation with Teddy involved, but he really believed that they would make it work for them.
"It's really no problem," he said in a soft voice, honestly meaning the statement. He wanted to be involved in Harry's life and that meant being involved with Teddy as well. He wanted to get to know him better, mostly because he wanted to do this thing with Harry. "As I said, he is a great kid and I would happily do it again."

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2017 4:46 pm 

Harry just hummed at that, for a moment allowing himself to fully experience the serenity of a morning which had started out stressful. It was, truth be told, both absolutely fantastic and terrible, and Harry had to force himself to snap out of it.
"Go now," he hurried, a grin appearing on his features the moment the words left his lips. He made a little movement, with the hand he had around Draco's. "I'll see you later."

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2017 3:34 pm 

Draco nodded softly at that, emptying his coffee mug in one quick go and putting it back on the counter. He knew that he should get going, but a part of him wanting to stay and just hang out with Harry and teddy. However, he didn't want to intrude on their time together and he probably shouldn't force himself into it. It would have to be a slow process for him to get properly involved in their lives.
He looked over at Teddy, the kid still deeply absorbed in the telly, before leaning in and pressing a quick kiss to Harry's temple. He let go of his hand and went towards the door. "I'm leaving. I'll see you later this week, yeah?"

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 3:10 pm 

The feeling of Draco's lips against his skin sent a chill down Harry's spine, and for a moment he was so flustered by it that he didn't even have Teddy enough in mind to glance towards him. His eyes followed Draco to the door, as he, delayed responded. "Yeah, alright - I'll talk to you later."
"Bye Draco, 'twas nice meeting you," Teddy joined in from the couch, and the sound of the child's voice made Harry's heart skip a beat, suddenly unable to tell how much Teddy had been paying attention to.
For a fraction of a second, Harry just stared at the child who was smiling at Draco, before shaking the surprise and again eyeing Draco with an awkwardly little smile. "Get home safe."

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2017 5:56 pm 

Draco smiled and nodded at that, waving in the general direction of Teddy as he walked towards the door.
"Bye you two. Take care," he said, before grabbing his coat and exiting the apartment.
________
Draco hadn't really seen or spoken to Harry since he met Teddy a couple of days ago. They had both been busy and Draco knew that that was the main reason, yet he couldn't help but stress a little about the entire situation. It was a big step for the two of them after all and even if they had talked briefly about it, then he knew that Harry would have had to put bonds on himself due to Teddy being close by. It was a necessary conversation, but that didn't mean that Draco feared it any less.
He entered the restaurant he was supposed to meet Harry in, not at all surprised that the other hadn't shown yet. There was some kind of comfort in the fact that at least that was the same as it used to be. He asked for a table for two, as per usual, and decided to look through the menu, while waiting for Harry.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 4:38 pm 

Harry had found that he had seemed to function on a delayed clock for the last few days. His mind was clouded with thoughts related to Draco and what exactly Harry wanted to say at this lunch; so, though the thoughts hadn't been of a stressful nature, Harry had found himself drowning in work because of them.
He entered the restaurant the usual 10 minutes too late, well aware of the fact that Draco would already be there waiting on him. Sure enough, he spotted the blonde in the crowd and he politely, yet slightly tensely, declined the hostess' offer to follow him to an empty table.
Harry's expression softened into a genuine and soft smile as he got within two yards of Draco. "Hi," he muttered, as he - with a hand resting on the backrest of Draco's chair, lent down to place a kiss on Draco's cheek.
The touch was brief, and Harry straightened his posture with the sudden realisation that their dynamics was bound to change after this lunch, and he had no real sense of whether or not that was going to be for the better or the worse.
Harry's eyes had lingered upon Draco for the first couple of moments it had taken Harry to move to the other side of the table, but he seemed to remember something as he was half way through taking his jacket off. His eyes lingered on an unspecified point among the other guests, to what he momentarily touched something in a pocket in the lining of his jacket. The gesture was followed with a mute movement of his lips as he seemed to mouth a word. The small additions to his movements didn't last for more than a couple of split seconds, and within long, Harry finally took off his jacket, draping it across the back of his chair.
"Have you ordered yet?" he asked as he once again met Draco's eye, apparently not intending to address the silencing spell he had cast around their table.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2017 5:16 pm 

If Draco hadn't been nervous prior to Harry showing, then he certainly was now. He didn't know why Harry felt the need to add a silencing charm, at least that was what he figured he was doing, but it made him anxious. It was going to be an uncomfortable conversation, but he hadn't figured that it would be that uncomfortable. Maybe he was wrong.
The kiss didn't do anything to ease his nerves, even if he figured that it was meant as a nice and comforting gesture.
"No, I basically just sat down," Draco said in a soft voice, turning his attention to the menu in front of him. Even if it hadn't been long since he had seen Harry last, then he had still missed him terribly much. This was going to change everything and Draco just wasn't sure if he was ready to face those chances just yet. However, he was left with no choice in the matter. It was either have this conversation or lose Harry, most likely for good, and that was something he was even less ready for.
"I figured that you wouldn't be that late today, and I was right," he said with a crooked grin, hoping to ease the tension of the situation. He doubted that it was going to work, but he hoped that they would at least wait with the heavy talk til after they had ordered

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:20 am 

Harry couldn't help but grin at that, as he lent forward above the table, resting his forearms against the tabletop. He had already decided he wasn't going to trouble himself with picking a dish for lunch, and knowing he'd be ordering the same as Draco, he didn't make a move to pick up the remaining menu.
"That's nice to know - I've been late for literally everything else this morning," Harry admitted. The grin lingered on his lips as his eyes remained on Draco. Harry had, for the first time in years been late to bringing Teddy to school and that had just started his morning wrong.
"How have you been?" The question was soft spoken, thought the transition had been anything but smooth. Harry's eyes had inattentively glanced towards the menu in Draco's hands before onde again seeking to meet his eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2017 3:15 pm 

"Oh, don't get me wrong. You are definitely late, but only by ten minutes, so it's not as bad as it could have been," Draco added with a warm smile, slowly starting to relax in the situation. He kept his eyes on the menu, as he tried to pick out something to eat, however it was hard to concentrate, seeing as he basically could feel Harry's eyes on him. It was a place they had visited several times before, so they had more or less made their way through the menu by now, yet Draco was looking through it as if it was the first time he saw it.
"I've been busy, but that is not anything new," he said with a soft shrug, finally deciding on what to get and closing the menu, feeling a little more ready to actually look at Harry. The other man was as handsome as ever, but the reality of their situation and the prospect of their conversation quickly quenched those feelings. They were going to have a serious conversation and their relationship was going to change after that, no matter the outcome of the conversation. "How about you and Teddy?" He asked, very purposefully including Teddy in the conversation. That was why they were there after all.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:36 pm 

Harry chuckled at that, straightening his posture slightly while glancing at his wristwatch.
"Well, then I better get back to work late, too - can't start being on time now," he countered, before meeting Draco's eyes with a little, crooked smirk. Draco's follow up question, however, banished the smile and for a moment Harry seemed both surprised and pensive.
"Um, good," Harry eventually started, not wanting to drag out the answer, though he wasn't done mentally phrasing his answer. "Far better than I had expected," he admitted softly, slightly embarrassed about having thought the worse of the situation.
"He's been asking about you - not any real, heavy questions, though. He wants to know when you'll be minding him again." The words were accompanied by a genuine smile, and repeating Teddy's question out loud just helped cement his feelings for the other. "On the contrary, Ginny hasn't asked anything, but I know she's thinking lots."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:10 pm 

Draco smiled softly at that, happy to know that he had made a good impression on Teddy, even if he wasn't sure if it should matter that much to him. He wanted Teddy to like him, but it was hard when he didn't really know what him and Harry were supposed to be, and even less what kind of relationship Harry wanted him to have with the child. It was such a mess and it was the reason Draco usually didn't get involved with guys with kids. Such a horrible mess.
"What do you plan on telling them?" He asked, honestly just wanting to know where Harry was standing on the entire thing. Draco didn't want to overstep, but knowing what would be expected from him from now on felt like his right. It wasn't too much to ask to know what was going to happen.
"I mean, Ginny is probably about to burst from curiosity and I feel that she deserves to know. If nothing else, then for staying quiet about it for this long," Draco stated in a matter-of-factly tone, trying to stay calm and rational about it all. "However, if you would rather she didn't know then I just need to know your backstory for us and I will play along. It's not a big deal."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1012 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 51  Next